Manager attributes: A simple experiment

I am about to run a very simple experiment to see how much manager attributes affect an AI team's performance.

I have given AFC Wimbledon a 200 CA/PA manager with all 20 attributes, and Man Utd a 1 CA/PA manager with all 1s. I have tried my best to make both managers unsackable, but I suspect that if the United manager performs poorly, he will soon get the boot.

I will then holiday the game for several seasons.

looking forward to seeing this one! perhaps afterwards you could run a 2nd experiment similar to this one, start with man united, first save create a manager that has 5 for every state, then start again with a manager that has 10 for every state, start again for 15 every stat, then 20..

Be good to see if there is a definite change in results!

Season 1 results

Manchester United had a below par season in the league, finishing 5th. They also finished 2nd in their Champions League group, though the record was still P6 W5 L1. They then lost on aggregate to Juventus in the first knockout round. They reached the FA Cup final, but lost on penalties to Newcastle, and a full strength side lost in the 4th round of the League Cup.

AFC Wimbledon finished 15th in League Two. Their only cup performance of note was getting to the South Final of the JPT.

So far, only a dip in Man Utd's performance. I will proceed onto Season 2 to see if there are any longer term effects.

I have abandoned this as, although Man Utd's performance went downwards, it was not by a major amount, whilst AFC Wimbledon continued to struggle.

For me this is proof that club and league reputation is far too big a deal.

If Lenzar doesn't mind I am considering doing this experiment for a longer period of time does anybody think I should bother because I personally would like to see the long term impact but wether I post a thread depends on what other people think.

Archived