Sports Interactive Community

Hello guys.

Something weird and annoying is happening to some of my scouts. The problem is that when i send them to certain countries, they just dont do a full report. Scouting only takes one day and they only come with 5 players.

Here is an example of someone with full acknowledge of Holland who only did a 5 player report:

Sem_t_tulo.jpg

Did this ever happen to any of you?

They only need one day because they have full knowledge of the country. I don't know why they only find a few players. Have you set any conditions?

I use my head scout to send out my scouts. Quite often my scouts never find a player. I've had 3-4 scouts that haven't found a single player to recommend for a couple of seasons. Their stats are fine so it shouldn't be because of that. And I've seen several (potentially) good players from the scouted nations. Scouting seems random to me...

I use my head scout to send out my scouts. Quite often my scouts never find a player. I've had 3-4 scouts that haven't found a single player to recommend for a couple of seasons. Their stats are fine so it shouldn't be because of that. And I've seen several (potentially) good players from the scouted nations. Scouting seems random to me...

Your scouts are probably sent places that their aren't many players in the DB

on my save, my scouts are limited to Scotland, they have full knowledge, decent stats, and yet they haven't turned up a prospect in 100+ days. Not really sure what I've been paying them for 3+ months.

The "hey I'm back after a day because I have full knowledge xx" feature is one of the worst introductions into the scouting model.

Thank you for your replies guys.

No, i didn't set any conditions. This is really ******* me off

Your scouts are probably sent places that their aren't many players in the DB

Not always. I've seen them scouting some of the bigger nations. I have around 70k players in the DB

The "hey I'm back after a day because I have full knowledge xx" feature is one of the worst introductions into the scouting model.

I agree completely.

I never scout countries for this reason. Scout regions instead and they never come back early and they indefinitely update you regularly with the 3 best prospects as well as adding reports on lots of others too

If I do not set any restrictions for the scouting mission I want my scout to find players, regardless whether they are good enough for my club. Really annoying! I don't know exactly why certain scouts don't find players but I have started to fire the ones who don't find players on several assignments.

scout are automatically assigned when they join unless you changes the staff responsibility to you not the chief scout.

If your chief scout is assigning them, they will have the following conditions set:

- players current ability set to good

- player potential set to good

So, you will be missing out on youth because their current ability is to low, and the majority of players with good CA and good PA will not be in the report because your scout will think they are either unrealistic (to crap or to good).

If your setting them yourself I have found that either having no conditions or setting PA to good.

My Brazilian scout has found 288 players with PA set to at least good (3 Stars)