Can't progress past specific date

Tried searching for the this but the only one I found was closed and had no answer.

So I'm running a BIG game, (all-leagues type) but I can't progress past a certain date (31st of January, to be specific). It just stays at the "progressing" screen for ages, and if I try to interrupt, the game freezes and crashes. I've tried holidaying past it, since I got a similar problem at the 31st of June, and it helped then, but it won't work.

Any help/ideas?

Transfer deadline day. If you have a lot of leagues and a lot of players loaded, transfer deadline day is going to take a load of processing time. All I can suggest is leaving it as long as you can (perhaps whilst doing something else) and I believe it should eventually progress.

Transfer deadline day. If you have a lot of leagues and a lot of players loaded, transfer deadline day is going to take a load of processing time. All I can suggest is leaving it as long as you can (perhaps whilst doing something else) and I believe it should eventually progress.

I figured that was the cause. As for leaving it on, I've tried at least 105 minutes (since I left it on while watching a football game). If no-one has any better suggestions, I'll try leaving it on for three hours and see if that does the trick.

Turn off some of the leagues, your processor blatantly cant handle this many leagues. You will get this downtime EVERY transfer deadline day. Is it really worth it?

Considering how much fun I've had with this database, yup, I'd say so.

Then again, I guess my in-game career has progressed permanently into professional territory. I'll see if turning the amateur ones off can solve it.

Considering how much fun I've had with this database, yup, I'd say so.

Then again, I guess my in-game career has progressed permanently into professional territory. I'll see if turning the amateur ones off can solve it.

Be honest, do you feel you will ever manage in australia, new zealand, thailand, indonesia, iran, pakistan, india, afghanistan etc?

Try actually taking part in the deadline day rather than skipping it entirely.

If you skip it then it simulates the entire day in one go, which is obviously more than your system can handle.

If you take part then it goes by an hour at a time and so it's simulating less each time you continue, meaning it's easier for your computer to deal with.

I actually don't have that option, as I'm managing in the Argentinian Second Division at the moment and the deadline days there are earlier.

Archived