Sports Interactive Community
Widzew

My Clubs Rep and my Star players wanting to leave...

I'm having issues with my Team Widzew Lodz in the Polish League. I make Champions League group stages every year and even the odd year I make it out of the group to get smashed in the first round after BUT I cant attract players that some higher rep clubs can who dont even come close to getting into champions league can. Its a major up hill battle for me. Not only that all my best players are demanding to be sold even though they would be going to teams without champions league and im giving them champions league..

I have players coming to me asking to leave, so I tell them they can achieve their ambitions here and we will grow as a club. They ask me how I intend to do that. I tell them I will qualify for Champions league so they can test themselves vs the best. They agree and leave happy. A week later they demand to be transfer listed.. WTF and guess what I always qualify..

Is this a bug or is this just my clubs rep is to low and they will want to leave no matter what happens?

I'm having the same problem in Finland. From what I've gathered, it's all tied to reputation. It seems that instead of actually qualifying for the champions league they are demanding a reputation of a team that makes the champions league. Which I think makes sense. Think about, BATE in Belarus or Shaktar Donetsk the Ukraine. They make at least the group stage in the CL seemingly every year, but are still unable to attract players of a calibre similar to the big clubs, and they struggle with keeping hold of their best players (Willian for example who now plays for non-CL team Anzhi in Russia). Reputation in real life and probably in the game although I can't corroborate it, is easier to get with a shed load of money than it is with sustained CL appearances.

My advice would be to keep plugging away eventually your league's rep will increase which will serve to boost your own rep. And I'd also promise something a little less ambitious than CL qualification. Or sell those players and boost those coffers.

I sold a defensive Midfielder whos value on my team was 900k pounds to some random Italian team for 8MIL and his value jumped up to 14mil...

I think you just have to continue overachieving and hope other teams in your league also do well in Europe to increase the league rep.

As Nairtcab was saying, if you consider say, Celtic in RL, even though they qualify for the Champions League every year many of their players still end up moving to mid-table Premiership sides, sometimes even Championship sides. You've also got to consider that a lot of teams, Champions League qualifiers or not, can spend far greater amounts on wages than you can.

I'm in the same boat, playing as GKS Katowice in Poland. You're right about it being an uphill battle.

The promising players Champions League football thing is definitely a bit buggy. I get a lot of transfer requests because I "haven't raised the club's profile as promised", which is annoying because that's not what I promised.

Still, you can kind of work around it. I just keep promising my best players that we'll go to the CL in 2 years, which seems to shut them up in the short term. In the long term, I try to keep their contracts extended as far into the future as possible.