Békéscsaba 1912 Előre SE - A Youth Project Challenge

SRL88

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 1st - CHAMPIONS

Our third title in a row and seven in eight seasons which is a remarkable achievement by the club. This was one of our better seasons without a doubt. I never felt like we were trying to keep up or playing catchup at any point. We were always there at the top of the table and did very well throughout. We hit top spot in early May and managed to stay there and claim the title with a game to spare.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Quarter-Final

I think I have run out of words to describe how amazing our run in Europe was this season. After making the group stage we were once again thrown into the 'group of death'. I expected another six defeats like last season but it just wasn't the case as we won all of our home games beating Barcelona, Roma & Lyon which allowed us to finish second in our group. That drew us against Real Madrid where we once again found inspiration and managed to knock the European giants out. We then drew Man City which just happened to be a step to far but our fairytale run was just brilliant.

Magyar Kupa/URL]

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Semi-Final

Unfortunately we weren't able to retain the trophy but we gave it a go. We did well to reach the Semi-Final, but once there we just didn't play well over the two legs against Ferencvaros.

Magyar Ligakupa

Competition Performance: Winners

For the second year in a row we managed to claim the Ligakupa. We topped our group for the third year in a row to book our place in the knockout phase. We beat Eger before knocking Gyor our on away goals. In a repeat Final from last season we managed to beat Videoton again, this time 2-1.

Szuperkupa

Competition Performance: Winners

I'm really pleased that we managed to claim this to kick our season off. It's been a while since we lifted the Szuperkupa so I was happy that we beat Ferencvaros 2-0.

Squad

I am very pleased with the balance of the squad. Despite that though, I will bring youngsters in next season just to keep things fresh.

Finances - Transfers

The finances are brilliant and that is solely down to our run in Europe.

The usual set of transfers. Pleased with our dealings.

On another note transfer wise. We saw our first backroom departure of my tenure. Aleksandar Randjelovic who played for me from 2012/13 until his retirement at the end of the 2021/22 season has been a coach for me ever since. He was approached by Kaposvar to take the managerial hotseat and I happily allowed him to leave in order to further his career.

Youth Players in the First Team

Adam Viczian (YP1) - He is nothing more than a back-up now due to emergence of other strikers.

Bela Gyomber (YP5) - He's been a great servant to the club but wants a new challenge. I'm happy to let him leave.

Roland Fulop (YP13) - Promoted to vice captain this season. Had a solid campaign too.

Sandor Vincze (YP14) - His stature in the squad seems to have dropped. Needs to improve next season.

Karoly Disztl (YP15) - Had a brilliant season. Scored a lot of goals.

Istvan Balog (YP17) - Features less and less as the years go by, but still important for me to have around.

Mihaly Dani (YP22) - A good player to have around the club. He is a very good back-up player.

Nortbert Baranyai (YP26) - Continues to prove why he is so important.

Gabor Saliga (YP27) - He picked up a few niggles so was in and out of the side. Still had a solid season.

Tamas Babati (YP28) - Does well when he plays but I can't see him being any more than a back-up.

Nortbert Disztl (YP29) - An ever present. With two seasons as my first choice now he might be due a new shirt number.

Gabor Orban (YP31) - Another very solid season from the full-back.

Gabor Toth (YP48) - A solid back-up option for me.

Peter Nemeth (YP56) - He was out injured for a long spell this season. Just nice to see him back.

Imre Balla (YP57) - A really good player already. Looking forward to seeing his developments.

Gergely Horvath (YP59) - He didn't play as many games as he would have liked. He will likely feature more next season.

Adam Loczi (YP61) - Broke all sorts of records this season. Had everything to take this club to new heights.

Tibor Horvath (YP65) - Can see definite improvements as he continues to push for a first team birth on a regular basis.

Florian Horvath (YP73) - Definitely a one for the future. Played a few games this season which helped his development.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   | League        | League Position| Magyar Kupa  | Magyar Ligakupa| Champions League| Europa League | Other             |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13  | NBII          | 2nd            | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2013/14  | NBII          | 1st - Promoted | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2014/15  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2015/16  | OTP Bank Liga | 6th            | Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2016/17  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Winners      | Winners        | N/A             | Play-Off Round| Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2017/18  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | Group Stage   | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2018/19  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Winners        | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|
| 2019/20  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | Group Stage     | 1st KO Round  | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2020/21  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Semi-Final     | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|
| 2021/22  | OTP Bank Liga | 2nd            | Winners      | Group Stage    | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2022/23  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Semi-Final   | Quarter-Final  | B. Pl. Playoff  | Group Stage   | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2023/24  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Winners      | Winners        | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2024/25  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Semi-Final   | Winners        | Quarter-Final   | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Board Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Challenge for the Title

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Third Qualifying Round

Magyar Kupa: Reach the Final

Magyar Ligakupa: Not Important

Szuperkupa: Not Important

My Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Until we get a second side into the Champions League again we need to win it

UEFA Champions League: Group stage please

Magyar Kupa: If we do well great, but I'm not fussed

Magyar Ligakupa: Not bothered

Szuperkupa: Win it

Budgets:

Balance: £12,205,051

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2025/26 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Friendlies

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsb1931f2c.png

A very good pre-season for us. We played just the three games because I gave the lads an extra week off after last season and decided to use the European games as a pre-season game too. Three wins from three though was pleasing.

Szuperkupa

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps858d7dac.png

A disappointing defeat it much be said. We played really well in the first half and probably should have gone in at the break at least a goal up but it wasn't the case. We were second best throughout the second half though and Ferencvaros found the only goal to give them the win.

Transfers - Out

A pretty quiet summer for us really. A few players left on permanent and a few left on loan for the season.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zpsf2c89e12.png

This would be huge money in terms of a transfer for us but I just couldn't let him go after the season he has had.

If you had to sell him? What offer would you be prepare to sell him?

Amazing run in Champions League!! Hope that will boost your income :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:.

If you had to sell him? What offer would you be prepare to sell him?

I don't think I would be prepared for any price really. It isn't as though we need the money for signings because we aren't making any so it would be a bit pointless selling him when we don't have anyone near his class.

Oh you're back. That's good news, I love reading this thread...

Congrats on the massive CL achievement as well as winning the league and two trebles in a row. :)

Hopefully you've raised your club coefficient with those CL wins so you'll no longer be drawn with three superclubs but two. Good luck mate!

Oh you're back. That's good news, I love reading this thread...

Congrats on the massive CL achievement as well as winning the league and two trebles in a row. :)

Hopefully you've raised your club coefficient with those CL wins so you'll no longer be drawn with three superclubs but two. Good luck mate!

Cheers dude :thup:.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in Europe. Obviously we need to qualify for the group stage first of all, but even being in pot 3 would be massive for us.

SRL88's Career - July 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps72d3e476.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps3e9ec04e.png

So we're off and running with a victory on the opening day. We made it harder than we should have though because we battered them. Adam Loczi (YP61) put us in complete control of the game with a brace but we conceded from the penalty spot which made us a little nervy at the back. We had more than thirty shots to their four and really should have made sure.

UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round & Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsdd631063.png

Very professionally done from us. We didn't blitz either side but we got the job done in each game. Things were comfortable against Georgian side Metalurgi and two 2-0 wins gave us comfortable passage. Things were a little tougher against Molde. We took a first half lead but the rest of the game was very tense. We managed to add a second goal in injury time to give us that extra little cushion ahead of the second leg.

SRL88's Career - August 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps61d7df4f.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsa2d56b6e.png

A cracking month and our best start to a season for quite some time. We kicked the month off with a brilliant performance at home to Ujpest with Adam Loczi (YP61) getting his second brace in as many games. That was added to by Tibor Horvath's (YP65) first goal for the club. We faced a tricky test against MTK who were very strong defensively. We managed to find a winner in stoppage time however with a thunderous free-kick. Our fourth win on the bounce followed as we came from a goal down to grab an excellent victory away to Debrecen before yet another win kept our winning streak going. The month rounded off with a very good performance, and solid point away to Videoton.

UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 2nd Leg & Play-Off Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsb15a0487.png

Three brilliant performances and results where we were actually the underdogs in each game. We started very strongly away to Molde and took the lead early on through Adam Loczi (YP61). He doubled our lead just after the half hour mark which killed the tie as a contest and we saw the rest of the game out. To book our place in the group stage once again we beat CSKA Sofia. In Bulgaria we put a brilliant performance in with two second half goals putting us in control of the tie. Another professional performance followed as we managed to win our sixth Champions League tie in a row 2-0.

Oh you just can't catch a break in the CL can you? :D Still last season has taken you a massive step towards avoiding it, and shows you can make some progress anyway.
Why do you always get hard group :( Congrats to see you getting a stadium named after you :cool:
UEFA just hate you now :lol: Congrats on having a stadium named after yourself!
For crying out loud :D These draws are getting ridiculous :D

It's getting right on my nerves now. I am absolutely sick of it considering it is every single season :(.

SRL88 I think it might be time to bring out the checkbook. I think that you may need to actually bribe UEFA to get a half decent draw :D

I think someone has beaten me to it by 7 years or so.

SRL88's Career - September 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps60d0aa21.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps782958ef.png

A strong month which see's us sat top of the table. We put a really solid performance in at home to BKV Elore, especially after coming from a goal down to grab the win. We found ourselves in front before the break, and then added a third in the second half to seal the victory. A dominant performance against Vasas followed that up as we hammered them 4-0. A cracking game for the neutrals followed, but I must say I was delighted with the win. Adam Loczi (YP61) was on fire as he scored four first half goals. The problem came however when we had our captain sent off just before the break. That made things a little more difficult and Cegled pulled two back before we added a fifth. They did score again but we managed to hang on for the win.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsab1107db.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps53606d2a.png

Somehow we continue to amaze in Europe with a brilliant win over Arsenal. We weren't great by any stretch of the imagination, and after taking an early lead we were forced to hang on for pretty much the entire game. A great defensive display allowed for us to get us off to a brilliant start.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsc97f2da8.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpsba720009.png

I have to be honest, I'm not taking this competition seriously at all and I am using it as a competition to experiment on a few things. We did alright away to Gyor but it wasn't enough to get us anything from the game. We managed to grab a win in our next game though with a late Adam Viczian (YP1) goal.

Fantastic achievements with a team full of home grown talent. The league looks nice and competitive too. It'd be great to see Hungary challenging for international comps because of your youth academy.

Cheers dude :thup:.

At the minute we have 7 players in the Hungary squad which is very good. Would be nice as you say to see them reach a major tournament.

SRL88's Career - October 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps479d58d9.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps7d467832.png

A really solid month to keep our brilliant start to the season going. I was delighted to come away from Ferencvaros with a point because it is always such a difficult place to go. We played very well in our next encounter as we walked to a 3-0 win. This was followed up with a very big game against Gyor and in a very tight game between two good sides, two first half goals gave us a very important win. The month rounded off on the road as we once again managed to keep a clean sheet and grabbed another three points.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpse9726d11.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsa00ac788.png

Probably to the shock of everyone we once again find ourselves in the mix, and top of our group at the halfway stage. There were no surprises in Milan as we were outclassed by the much better side, but we met Lyon once again at this stage of the competition and managed to pull off yet another excellent win on home soil. We took the lead right on half time and could have doubled our lead in the second half but didn't take our chances. That allowed Lyon to draw level but we kept pushing and very late in the game we managed to find the winner.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps1667c180.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpsd3ac408a.png

I'm honestly not to bothered about this so I'm not concerned. A poor first half cost us against Ferencvaros. We were two goals down and although we pulled one back in the second half it wasn't enough and we left ourselves to much to do. A poor performance in general was the issue against Debrecen. We managed to draw the game level with less than ten minutes remaining but didn't stay switched on and that cost us another defeat.

The only way it could have been worse if you threw PSG in for Arsenal :D.

It took me a few minutes to register that statement in my wine soaked haze. Unlucky in the CL draw but i reckon you can surprise a few people this year in the CL.

Congrats on having a stadium named after you. Maybe one of these days when i will get one, if i eventually play my Rangers save to fruition. :D

It took me a few minutes to register that statement in my wine soaked haze. Unlucky in the CL draw but i reckon you can surprise a few people this year in the CL.

Congrats on having a stadium named after you. Maybe one of these days when i will get one, if i eventually play my Rangers save to fruition. :D

Well we have two wins under our belt which is massive. Even if we manage to finish third and fall into the Europa League, that would be massive.

SRL88's Career - November & December 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpse2b8b318.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps4b5f0c60.png

An absolutely brilliant month for us to give us a nice gap at the top of the table. We put a brilliant performance in away to Kaposvar, but needed two goals in the second half to secure the win. We weren't at our best against Ujpest and probably didn't deserve the win, but a second half goal, just after the hour mark gave us an important three points. We put in a much better performance away to Puskas which allowed us to comfortably gain another three points before rounding the month off with another win, and another clean sheet away to MTK with Bela Gyomber (YP5) grabbing a brace.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsd3cd119b.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps99a7aa69.png

Well once again we have managed to pull off a remarkable achievement. I was absolutely gutted with the result in Lyon because we took a very early lead and we were brilliant throughout. They levelled the game in the 80th minute and just as it seemed that we would claim a brilliant point, deep into stoppage time they scored to deny us. The Arsenal game was much more one sided and we were never in with a chance, despite a 79th minute goal. A cracking performance though at home to AC Milan saw us qualify from our group for the second year in a row with Adam Loczi (YP61) stealing the show once again.

Our heroics see us drawn against the side who knocked us out of last years competition, Man City in the First Knockout Round.

Magyar Kupa 4th Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps2334dbb1.png

A very surprising result and an annoying performance. I was furious with the players, but props to Szeged who battled their way to victory.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsda34d499.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpsab4a822c.png

I'm just glad it is over because I had no care in the world. We were poor away to Gyor but I wasn't bothered. At least we ended the group stage with a point.

Good going in Europe once again,should help you boost up the rankings a bit.Looks like your quite a bit stronger than the others in the league as well,keep up the good work :thup:

Cheers dude. This year is definitely our most dominant in the league for quite some time. Pleasant to see I must say.

Well done qualifying again.

Cheers fella :thup:.

You have done really well in the CL but the draw is an absolute joke

To be fair, the only side I would have taken happily was Porto. The rest I would have liked to avoid.

SRL88's Career - February 2026 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps664f91cb.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps0373c401.png

Well we're back after the winter break and a solid victory gets us back going early. We missed a penalty just minutes before a brilliant finish from Adam Loczi (YP61). We conceded almost as quick as we scored though to put the game back in the balance but managed to find the lead once again before the break. A mix-up in Debrecen's defence allowed for us to add a third goal and seal the game.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps04848704.png

Much like last season when we met City, they were just to strong for us in the end, but we gave it a much better go than last season. After falling behind we managed to level the game and went in at the break that way. We held City for much of the second half but when we tired, their extra fitness in general took over and they managed to take advantage of that by adding three goals.

Transfers - Out

A very unusual thing for us this really because I rarely do dealings in the winter, but I felt the need to here. A loan deal and a £75k sale weren't the talking points, but South Korean side Pohang came in with an offer for one of my YP's which I just couldn't refuse. £1m for one of my players is a heck of a lot of money which helps the club and I was happy to accept that kind of money.

Really chuffed you managed to get out of that group :thup: I know the City tie looks a goner but you exceeded expectations just getting to the knockout stage so well done. Going well at home too.

Well I don't expect us to perform miracles against the top sides in Europe at this stage of the competition. Just being there should be an honour for the club in general and all we can keep doing is plugging away.

SRL88's Career - March 2026 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps338a9f54.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpse620276e.png

A brilliant month which gives us a massive advantage in the title race. They weren't honestly the best performances in the world however and we were forced to battle for our wins. Away to ZTE we played OK at best but managed to come away with an important three points thanks to a goal with just eleven minutes remaining. We followed that us with a massive victory against Videoton, and one which really opened a gap up between us and them. It took an injury time strike from Patrik Poor to give us the win, but it is a one I accepted with delight. We then had to battle our way to victory against Siofok. It was our best performance of the month but struggled in front of goal. We kept plugging away though and managed to find two goals to give us the win. Another victory rounded off the month, but it was once again another battle.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9ad97fd9.png

As expected really we didn't offer anything in terms of turning the game round. We gave it a go though, and despite defeat it will help our coefficients immensely.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps529427b6.png

The lad breaks yet another record.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps1718c4b8.png

Absolutely thrilled to see this record set. He has spent his whole career at the club and has been captain since my arrival. Just absolutely delighted for him personally as he comes to the end of his career.

Archived