[RELEASED] Automatic Regen Replacements v1.1

fayon

8 hours ago, Isakooov said:

The data\facegen\little_endian folder is a bit more complex this year, it took me a couple of days to get things done. Here are the steps:

1) Go to Football Manager 2017\data\facegen\little_endian\model_sets\male\manager\face and delete all files in it. (I suggest you backup the files first, then delete)

2) Download this 

3) Save the archive in that same Football Manager 2017\data\facegen\little_endian\model_sets\male\manager\face folder and extract.

I hope it works for you guys! Good luck!

I'm confused. You say delete the files IN the folder 'face'. But your archive folder is entitled 'hair' - a different folder.

Secondly, you want to delete files such as for eyes, glasses etc and install a set of folders called euro, asia etc that have full subfolders of short, medium and long.

Can you clarify installation instructions?

And show a screenshot?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm confused. You say delete the files IN the folder 'face'. But your archive folder is entitled 'hair' - a different folder.

Secondly, you want to delete files such as for eyes, glasses etc and install a set of folders called euro, asia etc that have full subfolders of short, medium and long.

Can you clarify installation instructions?

And show a screenshot?

My archive is titled manager face.rar and it contains only 5 files, nothing such as euro, asia, folders, etc. Like I said in my previous post - download this file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1v43y603a37ybrd/manager+face.rar

7 minutes ago, Isakooov said:

My archive is titled manager face.rar and it contains only 5 files, nothing such as euro, asia, folders, etc. Like I said in my previous post - download this file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1v43y603a37ybrd/manager+face.rar

Oh heck, you're right. I copied over the wrong rar file. :rolleyes:

Why are regen face codes in the MANAGER face folder???

Newgens and manager faces are generated in the same way. If you do not use the photo upload, you will lose the manager picture with that mod, as the base heads of all newgens, including the managers are generated with the files that where removed in that folder.

So this solutions works only, if you have a manager generated with photofit. Otherwise your manager picture will be removed.

29 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Newgens and manager faces are generated in the same way. If you do not use the photo upload, you will lose the manager picture with that mod, as the base heads of all newgens, including the managers are generated with the files that where removed in that folder.

So this solutions works only, if you have a manager generated with photofit. Otherwise your manager picture will be removed.

You're right - I've lost my manager face. I look much more handsome now :lol:

On 12/17/2016 at 17:27, Isakooov said:

The data\facegen\little_endian folder is a bit more complex this year, it took me a couple of days to get things done. Here are the steps:

1) Go to Football Manager 2017\data\facegen\little_endian\model_sets\male\manager\face and delete all files in it. (I suggest you backup the files first, then delete)

2) Download this 

3) Save the archive in that same Football Manager 2017\data\facegen\little_endian\model_sets\male\manager\face folder and extract.

I hope it works for you guys! Good luck!

This worked for me, thank you very much.

Just curious as you seem to know what you are talking about - is there any way that we can re-add an uploadable manager picture, or is this a no-go?

On 12/23/2016 at 19:46, nb9 said:

This worked for me, thank you very much.

Just curious as you seem to know what you are talking about - is there any way that we can re-add an uploadable manager picture, or is this a no-go?

Unfortunately SI omitted the manager picture in FM 2017, although it would be a nice addition having both of options (3D face at Start Screen & Matches and a cut-out picture for the manager like in FM 2016). I'm content with my 3D manager face, but part of the community is not and I'm afraid there is no solution to this problem. The reason is that the manager profile panel uses a screenshot of the 3D face generated and I presume the hairstyles for managers are inside the FaceGen files in facegen folder (egt, egm or whatever the extensions are).

Hi all

So basically i have been trying to get this regen replacement to work on FM2017, and i am at a complete loss! I have done the following:

-Downloaded the 1.1 version of the hair images from the link on page one

-Downloaded the manager face file stated on page 3 by Isakooov

Then i have followed the step by step as i understand it, and gone into Football Manager 2017\data\facegen\little_endian\model_sets\male\manager\face and deleted all the files and replaced with the extracted files.

- Then i have gone to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\facegen\hair and replaced the folder with the downloaded file/

I then reloaded the game cleared the cache and reloaded the skin and when i load into my save(maybe this is something i am doing wrong as i should start a new game?) and the regen faces have all disapeared, either replaced by the old FM blank/black pic or simply nothing at all?

Any suggestions guys??

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/01/2017 at 13:09, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you are using FM17 then the downloaded files need to go into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\facegen\hair  folder.

Let me get this right, what you're saying is, you don't replace the old hair file with the new downloaded one. You add the downloaded files into the original hair folder. Is that correct?

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2017 at 22:15, kingrobbo said:

well you obviously haven't then :seagull::D

it does seem strange some are experiencing issues tho

have you cleared cache, reloaded skin might be something as simple as that??

saying that I havent tried game since 17.3 yet

literally tried everything i can think of and tried retracing the steps said earlier! must just be something simple i have missed which is so annoying!!! :seagull::seagull:

4 minutes ago, gc_gaz said:

literally tried everything i can think of and tried retracing the steps said earlier! must just be something simple i have missed which is so annoying!!! :seagull::seagull:

What exactly does  not work for you?

Just now, KUBI said:

What exactly does  not work for you?

I basically have no regen pics at all, ones from this pack or the original ones i bascially get either totally blank space or the blacked out head shape

Just now, gc_gaz said:

I basically have no regen pics at all, ones from this pack or the original ones i bascially get either totally blank space or the blacked out head shape

Check your anti-virus for a "game-mode" that could be activated.

Ok, try the following:

1. move the facegen folder on your desktop. Empty cache and reload the game.

2. move the facegen folder back. Empty cache and restart the game again.

14 hours ago, gc_gaz said:

I have the same problem, no regen pics at all. I have tried everything and there is no way :seagull:

Tried this, still nothing? might just reinstall the game and live with the regen computer generated pics because this is baffling me!!

On 3/4/2017 at 20:30, KUBI said:

Ok, try the following:

1. move the facegen folder on your desktop. Empty cache and reload the game.

2. move the facegen folder back. Empty cache and restart the game again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having some trouble with installing as well. When I try to delete the 'hair' folder it says that the folder is opened in another program. The issue seems to be that when I try to open the folder male or female in hair>manager it denies me access. This problem does not appear with FM16, only with FM17.

6 hours ago, Rein25 said:

I'm having some trouble with installing as well. When I try to delete the 'hair' folder it says that the folder is opened in another program. The issue seems to be that when I try to open the folder male or female in hair>manager it denies me access. This problem does not appear with FM16, only with FM17.

Have you got game running when you are accessing hair folder 

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/10/2016 at 16:18, KUBI said:

To make this working properly in FM 2017  it needs adjustment in the hispanic and mixed_race hair.xml

this line in both hispanic folders:

<boolean id="hispanic" value="true"/>

needs to be changed to

<boolean id="hisp" value="true"/>

the same for the mixed_race:

<boolean id="mixed_race" value="true"/>

change to

<boolean id="mixd" value="true"/>

This has to be done for all records in that hair files (search/replace)

Perfect! It worked :)

10 minutes ago, paulorogpax said:

for me the players from North and South America do not work. Any tips

Just two posts above you can see how to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a mix of regular bald newgens and a couple of identical faces.

ALL my newgens in the U19 team have exactly the same face, while other teams have more variety, but still both original faces and repeated pictures from the add-on.

Most players are of the same ethnicity, but it's weird I got the SAME face for 3 or 4 players in my team

29 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

I'm getting a mix of regular bald newgens and a couple of identical faces.

ALL my newgens in the U19 team have exactly the same face, while other teams have more variety, but still both original faces and repeated pictures from the add-on.

Most players are of the same ethnicity, but it's weird I got the SAME face for 3 or 4 players in my team

I use my own file for any missing wonderkids and  to replace any pics I want to like your situation so that is an option 

On 31.10.2016 at 17:18, KUBI said:

To make this working properly in FM 2017  it needs adjustment in the hispanic and mixed_race hair.xml

this line in both hispanic folders:

<boolean id="hispanic" value="true"/>

needs to be changed to

<boolean id="hisp" value="true"/>

the same for the mixed_race:

<boolean id="mixed_race" value="true"/>

change to

<boolean id="mixd" value="true"/>

This has to be done for all records in that hair files (search/replace)

Where do I find these files?

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2017 at 16:46, Tyggis said:

Where do I find these files?

Open the Hispanic folder and you will see long, medium, short. Each of those three folders will have a file titled hair.xml within them.

Same theory for the mixed_race folder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed this and it appears to be working but the top of the players heads are cut off. I am using CFM skin but it appears to happen on the default skin as well, although the pictures are much smaller so it's harder to tell. Is this normal?2qIQTR7.png

• 5 months later...
  • KUBI locked this topic

Archived