New Game Syndrome

So here I sit, having just started a new save. Its the second new save I've started today and for the third time I find myself staring at the "Load Nations" page because I decided that I actually didn't want to start that 2nd save after all.

Why am I finding it so hard to load a save and stick with it? It's really frustrating when I think back to some of the great saves I've had in previous versions but for the last couple it just isn't happening for me.

How have others dealt with this kind of rut? I really love this game overall so why can't I find a save that hooks me? :(

I solved it by going fictional, and what had turned me off in particular was getting back into FM after FML, where everything was fictional. Tried a few different databases for FM12 from the Editors Hideaway, and settled on one which did get me hooked- a pyramid-style league based in the US. It's real enough to make sense and be recognisable, but with all teams and players made up. There are a lot of different niche databases over there, with some interesting ideas- another is the English Leagues with only GB-born players allowed. Have a look over there- maybe something will pique your interest.

Not a bad suggestion Lawlore, although I prefer a game to be as realistic as possible in terms of players etc but I'll definitely hike over to the Editors Hideaway and see if there are any databases from new countries that grab my attention :thup:

There is a save out there for us lone wanderers JamboJapp, I'm sure of it - we just need to keep the faith!

I recently started a new save as unemployed with sunday league rep and got offered the spurs job when avb got sacked. Needless to say it kept me interested.

I find when im bored i just start a sunday league rep unemployed manager with ALL scottish, english, spanish, french, italian, german, dutch, brazillian and argentinian leagues open and take the first job that comes. Keeps things fresh as you dont know where you are going.

I recently started a new save as unemployed with sunday league rep and got offered the spurs job when avb got sacked. Needless to say it kept me interested.

I find when im bored i just start a sunday league rep unemployed manager with ALL scottish, english, spanish, french, italian, german, dutch, brazillian and argentinian leagues open and take the first job that comes. Keeps things fresh as you dont know where you are going.

and I always let it "holiday" for at least 6 months before I start applying for jobs so I don't end up with the same "beginning of database" open positions.

I've been having this problem for quite a while, really since my first save with Celtic, when the game came out. Now I started a journeyman career and in my 6th season, first time I've been hooked since the game came out!

Good to know I'm not the only one who gets this! Thanks for all the replies - especially yours Carmi lol. However, you are right in that I should just start a game and keep with it so I have decided to revisit an idea I had a couple of months ago. I'm going to play a game in which I manage in various different countries around the world sampling different leagues, formats, rules etc. that I wouldn't normally try as I tend to stick to Europe.

I only intend to have 3-4 countries running at any given time to make sure that the game runs smoothly as I don't have a great laptop. So, I've just started a new game and loaded up Peru, Colombia and Uruguay and added myself as an unemployed Sunday League manager and applied for a couple of jobs and wound up at Real Garcilaso in the Peruvian 1st division, 2 games from the end of the opening stage. Lets hope this save is "The Save" for me in FM13!

and I always let it "holiday" for at least 6 months before I start applying for jobs so I don't end up with the same "beginning of database" open positions.

I was on holiday for the majority of the first season :) Seen avb got sacked and thought there was no harm in applying xD

My longest career was on FM10, 18 years at Arsenal. Some of my regens absolutely stood out and for a while I mix them up with real life wonderkids.

Since then the longest career I have had is 5 seasons.

None of my players since then have been exceptional. I like following players journeys however I havnt had a 30 goal a season striker sinceFM2010. Winning titles is easy enough, but creating legendary players is proving to be harder for me nowadays.

What is frustrating is I was younger back then. My tactical understanding is much superior now, so really I should be able to do it now if I could back then.

(Giroud did get close this year to be honest) but I dont find that fun because it is too unrealistic. Lets be honest

After an epic save finishes, my next save is like a rebound relationship. I then wander aimlessly through a few saves until that perfect one pops up from over the horizon.

Why finish it in the first place?

I've been playing the same save since November, I would not be able to just stop and start a fresh one until a new version of FM comes out. If I get bored of it, I just give up on FM for a few weeks/months until my appetite comes back.

I think about what I want to achieve. Do I want to build a small club like Vauxhall Motors and take them to the champions league? Do I want a journeyman save? Pentagon challenge? When I've figured this out, then I know where to start.

I've been playing the same save since November, I would not be able to just stop and start a fresh one until a new version of FM comes out. If I get bored of it, I just give up on FM for a few weeks/months until my appetite comes back.

I'm the same really. Still on the same save I started on the Beta.

Had 1 other save where I did a 1 season game as Barca, but that was just to keep me busy while off sick.

When my manager gets to be too old I end it as I like that feel of realism. Then I bathe in the sepia glow of my career for a day or two and eulogise over it. Bit sad I suppose.

I put a local random team into thw blue square north or south and see how I do. Reputation makes it a challenge and its always exciting to see a bit of obscurity doing well, so at the moment, I put my hometown town, Aylesbury United into the blue square south, and its been thoroughly entertaining. Lawlore is right though, a bit of fiction makes it fun. Playing around with the editor sometimes makes better saves.

Question to those who have said that they are still playing the same game from the Beta or from Oct/Nov, are you guys still with the same clubs or have you bounced around at all? And how far along are you in terms of the year in your saves?

That is great though that people stick to one save for so long and an inspiration to me in particular to make my current save last until I get my traditional Christmas present this year :cool:

Question to those who have said that they are still playing the same game from the Beta or from Oct/Nov, are you guys still with the same clubs or have you bounced around at all? And how far along are you in terms of the year in your saves?

That is great though that people stick to one save for so long and an inspiration to me in particular to make my current save last until I get my traditional Christmas present this year :cool:

I started with Liverpool, with the intention of building for the future and bringing through youth. Still managing them in 2017, but also added a manager in 2016 to take over Angers in Ligue 2 (France) for a different challenge but didn't want to give up my Liverpool game, so I manage them simultaneously in the same gameworld.

I've been on the same save since day 1, just reached the year 2089, so been a long one. I post over on the careers forum, and started with one manager trying to complete the "Tetradecagon" challenge that I made (pretty much the Pentagon plus all the major international tournaments worldwide). I completed that and then retired the manager the day after he won the World Cup with Scotland. I tried a new save, but several just didn't grab my attention, so I went back to the old save and started another manager. I'm still with him, and I've been one for darting around the World.

I've added the career histories of both managers - fully recommend trying something like this, it's been great fun.

|-------------|
| CLUB CAREER |
|-------------|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season  |  Team                  |Tier| Country   | Pos.  |  Notes                                 |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|                      
| 2012/13 | Central Coast Mariners | 1  | Australia | 1st   | Joined on 14/2/2013, Regular season    |
|         |                        |    |           |       | winners, Play-off Semi-Finalists       |
| 2013/14 | Central Coast Mariners | 1  | Australia | 1st   | Regular season and Grand Final Winners |
| 2014/15 | Central Coast Mariners | 1  | Australia | 4th*  | Asian Champions League Winners (1/14)  |
|         |                        |    |           |       | Resigned on 15/11/2014                 |
| 2014/15 | Bidvest Wits           | 1  | S. Africa | 10th+ | Joined on 3/12/2014                    |
| 2015/16 | Bidvest Wits           | 1  | S. Africa | 8th   | Resigned on 31/5/2016                  |
| 2016/17 | Kaizer Chiefs          | 1  | S. Africa | 2nd   | Joined on 31/7/2016                    |
| 2017/18 | Kaizer Chiefs          | 1  | S. Africa |       | African Champions League (3/14)        |                 
| 2018    | Toronto FC             | 1  | USA       | -     | Joined on 8/11/2018                    |
| 2019    | Toronto FC             | 1  | USA       | 8th   |                                        |
| 2020    | Toronto FC             | 1  | USA       | -     | Resigned Summer 2020                   |
| 2021    | LA Galaxy              | 1  | USA       | 6th   | West Play-off Semis                    |
| 2022    | LA Galaxy              | 1  | USA       | 1st   | West Play-off Final, S.Shield Winners  |
| 2023    | LA Galaxy              | 1  | USA       | 1st   | MLS Cup Runners-up, S.Shield Winners   |
| 2024    | LA Galaxy              | 1  | USA       | 1st   | S.Shield Winners,NACL Winners (4/14)   |
|         |                        |    |           |       | Club World Cup Winners (5/14)          |   
|         |                        |    |           |       | Resigned on 28/12/2024                 |                                                    |
| 2025    | Criciuma               | 2  | Brazil    | 6th   | Santa Catarina State Runners-up        |
| 2026*    | Nautico               | 1  | Brazil    | 12th* | Pernambuco State Runners-up            |
| 2026+    | Flamengo              | 1  | Brazil    | 5th   |                                        |
| 2027     | Flamengo              | 1  | Brazil    | 5th   | Rio State Winners                      |
|          |                       |    |           |       | Club World Cup Winners (5/14), resigned|   
| 2027/28  | Man United            | 1  | England   | 2nd*  |                                        |
| 2027/28  | Como Calcio+          | 3  | Italy     | 6th+  |                                        |
| 2028/29  | Como Calcio           | 3  | Italy     | 4th   | Serie C1/A Play-off Winners, promoted  |
| 2029/30  | Como Calcio           | 2  | Italy     | 17th  |                                        | 
| 2030/31  | Como Calcio           | 2  | Italy     | 21st  | Relegated                              |
| 2031/32  | Como Calcio           | 3  | Italy     | 3rd   | Serie C1/A Play-off Winners, promoted  |
| 2032/33  | Como Calcio           | 2  | Italy     | 19th  | Serie B play-out winners, survived     |
| 2033/34  | Como Calcio           | 2  | Italy     | 13th  |                                        | 
| 2034/35  | Como Calcio           | 2  | Italy     | 10th  |                                        |
| 2035/36  | Como Calcio           | 2  | Italy     | 22nd  | Relegated                              |
| 2036/37  | Como Calcio           | 3  | Italy     | 8th   | Sacked                                 |
| 2038/39  | Darmstadt*            | 3  | Germany   | 18th* | Resigned                               |
| 2040/41  | Hertha BSC            | 2  | Germany   |  3rd  | Promoted via Play-offs                 |
| 2041/42  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   | 12th  |                                        | 
| 2042/43  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   | 10th  |                                        | 
| 2043/44  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   |  9th  |                                        | 
| 2044/45  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   |  7th  |                                        | 
| 2045/46  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   |  3rd  |                                        | 
| 2046/47  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   |  8th  | Champions League Semi-Finals           | 
| 2047/48  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   |  4th  | DFB Pokal Winners                      | 
| 2048/49  | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   |  7th  | DFB Pokal Winners                      | 
| 2049/50* | Hertha BSC            | 1  | Germany   | 15th* | Super Cup Winners                      |  
| 2050/51  | Chelsea               | 1  | England   | 5th   | Capital One Cup Winners                |  
| 2051/52* | Chelsea               | 1  | England   | 4th*  |                                        |  
| 2051/52+ | Juventus              | 1  | Italy     | 4th   | TIM Cup Winners                        |
| 2052/53  | Juventus              | 1  | Italy     | 4th   | Champions League winners               | 
| 2053/54  | Juventus              | 1  | Italy     | 1st   | Serie A Winners                        |    
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|                                         |                                                                                     | 

| * left mid-season
| + arrived during season
|
|----------------------|
| INTERNATIONAL CAREER |
|----------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Year | Nation      | Continent  |  W  |  D  |  L  | GD  | Notes                               |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2016 | Scotland    | Europe     |   5 |  1  |  0  | +13 | Joined 17/7/2016                    |
| 2017 | Scotland    | Europe     |  10 |  2  |  4  | +12 | Confederations Cup Winners (2/14)   |
| 2018 | Scotland    | Europe     |  15 |  4  |  1  | +25 | World Cup QFs                       |    
| 2019 | Scotland    | Europe     |   4 |  5  |  2  | +6  | Four Assoc. Tournament Winners      |
| 2020 | Scotland    | Europe     |   3 |  1  |  1  |  0  | Euro. Champs QFs, resigned          |
| 2020 | Uruguay     | S. America |   1 |  1  |  3  | -3  | Sacked                              |
| 2023 | Chile       | S. America |   1 |  2  |  2  | - 6 | Joined in August                    |
| 2024 | Chile       | S. America |   5 |  1  |  2  | +13 |                                     |
| 2025 | Chile       | S. America |   8 |  1  |  5  | + 2 | Confederations Cup runners-up       |
| 2026 | Chile       | S. America |   0 |  0  |  3  | - 4 | WC Group Stage                      |
| 2027 | Chile       | S. America |   5 |  0  |  1  | + 3 | Copa America Winners (7/14)         |
|      |             |            |     |     |     |     | resigned                            |
| 2030 | Honduras    | N. America |   0 |  0  |  4  | - 6 | World Cup Playoffs Runners-up       |
| 2031 | Honduras    | N. America |  10 |  2  |  2  | +13 | Central American Champions          |
|      |             |            |     |     |     |     | Gold Cup Winners (8/14)             |
|      |             |            |     |     |     |     | resigned                            |
| 2031 | Tonga       | Oceana     |   0 |  0  |  6  | -18 | Pacific games group stage           |
| 2032 | Fiji        | Oceana     |   0 |  0  |  0  | 0   | Left without a competitive game     |
| 2033 | Italy       | Europe     |   4 |  0  |  3  | + 3 | Qualified for World Cup             |
| 2034 | Italy       | Europe     |   9 |  1  |  2  | +13 | World Cup winners (9/14)            |
| 2035 | Italy       | Europe     |   8 |  1  |  1  | +20 | Qualified for Euros                 |
| 2036 | Italy       | Europe     |  11 |  2  |  0  | +20 | Euro Champ Winners (10/14)          |
| 2037 | Italy       | Europe     |   3 |  0  |  3  | +11 | Confed. Cup Group Stage             |
| 2037 | New Zealand | Oceana     |   3 |  1  |  2  | + 1 |                                     |
| 2038 | New Zealand | Oceana     |   3 |  2  |  3  | - 1 |                                     |
| 2039 | New Zealand | Oceana     |   4 |  1  |  3  | + 4 |                                     |
| 2040 | New Zealand | Oceana     |   4 |  1  |  0  | +14 | Oceanic Nations Cup winners         |
| 2041 | Tunisia     | Africa     |   6 |  2  |  0  | +18 | Qualified for World Cup             |
| 2042 | Tunisia     | Africa     |   5 |  0  |  4  | + 3 | World Cup Quarter Finals            |
| 2043 | Tunisia     | Africa     |   5 |  1  |  0  | + 9 | African Nations Cup Winners (12/14) |
| 2045 | Chile       | S. America |   0 |  0  |  0  |     | Joined late 2045                    |
| 2046 | Chile       | S. America |   1 |  0  |  2  |     | WC Group Stage, sacked              |
| 2046 | Saudi Arabia| Asia       |   0 |  0  |  0  |     | Joined, left after one day          |
| 2046 | South Korea | Asia       |   8 |  0  |  2  | +18 |                                     |
| 2047 | South Korea | Asia       |   4 |  1  |  0  | + 6 | Asian Cup Winners (13/14)           |
|      |             |            |     |     |     |     | East Asian Championship Winners     |
| 2047 | Brazil      | S. America |   2 |  1  |  2  | + 5 |                                     |
| 2048 | Brazil      | S. America |   4 |  3  |  0  | + 9 |                                     |
| 2049 | Brazil      | S. America |   ? |  ?  |  ?  |  ?  | results lost in the sands of time   |
| 2050 | Brazil      | S. America |   4 |  0  |  2  | + 2 | World Cup 3rd Place                 |
| 2051 | Ivory Coast | Africa     |   ? |  ?  |  ?  |  ?  | results lost in the sands of time   |
| 2052 | Scotland    | Europe     |   5 |  0  |  0  | + 6 |                                     |
| 2053 | Scotland    | Europe     |   9 |  1  |  1  | +16 |                                     |
| 2054 | Scotland    | Europe     |   5 |  1  |  1  | + 6 | World Cup Winners                   |

Second manager

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Year    | Team             | League             | Country  | Position | Cup Results | Continental | Comments                             | Trophies |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2056    | Real Salt Lake   | Major League Soccer| USA      | 8th      | WINNERS     | N/A         | US Open Cup Winner, W. Playoff Semis |    1     |
| 2057    | Real Salt Lake   | Major League Soccer| USA      | 6th      | WINNERS     | N/A         | US Open Cup Winner, W. Playoff Final |    1     |
| 2058    | Real Salt Lake   | Major League Soccer| USA      | 17th     | 4th Round   | Group Stage | US Open Cup Winner, W. Playoff Final |    1     |
| 2059    | Real Salt Lake   | Major League Soccer| USA      | ---      |  ---        |  Quarters   | Resigned in March                    |          |
| 2058/59 | Treviso          | Serie B            | Italy    | 20th     |  ---        |    ---      | Arrived in March. RELEGATED          |          |
|         |                  |                    |          |          |             |             | Resigned in May                      |          |
| 2059/60 | Juventud Piedras | Primera Division   | Uruguay  | 13th     |  ---        |    ---      | Arrived in June,                     |          |
|         |                  |                    |          |          |             |             | left for Penarol in November         |          | 
| 2059/60 | Penarol          | Primera Division   | Uruguay  | 10th     |  ---        |    ---      | Arrived in November                  |          | 
| 2059/60 | Penarol          | Primera Division   | Uruguay  | 2nd      |  ---        |    ---      | Arrived in November                  |          |
| 2060/61 | Penarol          | Primera Division   | Uruguay  | 1st      |  ---        | Sud.1st Rnd | Apertura winners                     |    1     |
| 2060/61 | Penarol          | Primera Division   | Uruguay  | 9th      |  ---        | Group Stage | Play-off Champions                   |    1     | 
| 2061/62 | Penarol          | Primera Division   | Uruguay  | 1st      |  ---        |             | Apertura winners                     |    1     | 
| 2061/62 | Penarol          | Primera Division   | Uruguay  | 1st      |  ---        | Group Stage | Clausura Winners, Champions          |    2     | 
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|  
| 2062/63 | Beerschot AC     | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 9th      |  ---        |    ---      | Resigned in December                 |          | 
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2062/63 | Dundee FC        | Scottish Prem. Lg. | Scotland | 3rd      | Runners Up  | EL 1st KO   | Arrived in December                  |          | 
| 2063/64 | Dundee FC        | Scottish Prem. Lg. | Scotland | 3rd      |  ---        | EL 1st KO   | Sacked in February                   |          |
| 2063/64 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 2nd      |  ---        | ---         | Arrived in March                     |          |  
| 2064/65 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 1st      | WINNERS     | EL QF       | League and Cup Double                |    2     | 
| 2065/66 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 1st      | WINNERS     | EL QF       | League, Cup and Super Cup Treble     |    3     |  
| 2066/67 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 2nd      | WINNERS     | CL 1st KO   | Cup and Super Cup Double             |    2     |   
| 2067/68 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 1st      | WINNERS     | CL SF       | League, Cup and Super Cup Treble     |    3     |   
| 2068/69 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 2nd      | WINNERS     | EL Runnerup | Cup and Super Cup Double             |    2     |  
|         |                  |                    |          |          |             |             | Resigned at end of season            |          | 
| 2069    | Sporting Kansas  | Major League Soccer| USA      | 2nd      |  ---        |     ---     | E. Playoff Semis, resigned           |          | 
| 2069/70 | Vitesse Arnhem   | Eredivisie         | Holland  | 10th     |  ---        |     ---     | Resigned at end of season            |          |  
| 2070/71 | Manchester Utd   | Premier League     | England  | 10th     | CoC Semis   | EL 1st KO   | Community Shield Winners, sacked     |    1     |   
| 2070/71 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 1st      | WINNERS     | CL QF       | Domestic Double (no super cup)       |    2     |
| 2071/72 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 2nd      | Runners Up  | CL 1st KO   |                                      |          | 
| 2072/73 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 1st      | 1/4 Finals  | EL 2nd KO   |                                      |    1     | 
| 2073/74 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | 1st      | WINNERS     | EL 1st KO   | Domestic Treble                      |    3     |
| 2074/75 | Standard Liege   | Jupiler Pro League | Belgium  | ---      |  ---        |     ---     | Super Cup Winners, resigned in Aug   |    1     | 
| 2074/76 | Portugal         | European C'ships   | Europe   | ---      |  ---        | WINNERS     | Group Winners, Euro. Champs. Winners |    1     |
| 2076/77 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 2nd Div.  | Scotland | 3rd      |                           | Play-off Semis                       |          | 
| 2077/78 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 2nd Div.  | Scotland | 3rd      |                           | Play-off winners - promoted          |          | 
| 2076/78 | Scotland         | World Cup Qual.    | Europe   | 2nd      |         1/4 Finals        |                                      |          |
| 2078/79 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 1st Div.  | Scotland | 8th      | 4th Rd, Quarters, 2nd Rnd |                                      |          |
| 2079/80 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 1st Div.  | Scotland | 3rd      | 4th Rd, 3rd Rd, 1st Rnd   |                                      |          |  
| 2078/80 | Scotland         | Euro Qualifiers    | Europe   | 1st      |           Last 16         |                                      |          | 
| 2080/81 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 1st Div.  | Scotland | 5th      | 4th Rd, 2nd Rd, Semis     |                                      |          |
| 2081/82 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 1st Div.  | Scotland | 2nd      | 4th Rd, 3rd Rd, 1st Rd    |                                      |          | 
| 2080/82 | Scotland         | Euro Qualifiers    | Europe   | 2nd      |     Did not qualify       | Resigned                             |          |
| 2082/83 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 1st Div.  | Scotland | 1st      | 4th Rd, 1st Rd, WINNERS   | First Division and Challenge Cup Dbl |    2     |
| 2083/84 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish Premier   | Scotland | 12th     | Quarters, 2nd Rd          |                                      |          |
| 2084/85 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 1st Div.  | Scotland | 1st      | 4th Rd, 2nd Rd, 1st Rd    | First Division Champions             |    1     | 
| 2085/86 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish Premier   | Scotland | 12th     | 5th Rd, 2nd Rd            |                                      |          | 
| 2086/87 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish 1st Div.  | Scotland | 1st      | 4th Rd, Quarters, 2nd Rd  | First Division Champions             |    1     | 
| 2087/88 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish Premier   | Scotland | 8th      | Quarters, Quarters        |                                      |          | 
| 2088/89 | Partick Thistle  | Scottish Premier   | Scotland | 8th      |                           | Resiged in December 2088             |          | 
|                                                                                                                                 Trophies |   30     |

That is an amazing career forameuss, its exactly the kind of thing I have in mind for my new save.

Kenco, I don't think I would be able to manage 2 clubs simultaneously lol, I'd get confused to easily!

I started on the beta and I've been managing Wingate and Finchley the whole time. Currently in 2059.

I started on the beta and I've been managing Wingate and Finchley the whole time. Currently in 2059.

Same as me, I have been manager of FC United since the beta and still going, now in 2035, 3 more years until i can get a new stadium (hopefully) have a newgen forward from my youth team possibly on his way to 1000 goal (again hopefully) and have a son generated in my youth team.

So i have a few things in my save to keep me occupied for a while yet :)

I've been on the same save since the DB update I started as Argentina Manager and added a 2nd manager for the U-20 team (Who I'll just leave exclusively for that for now), then grabbed the Millonarios job to have 2 jobs as I tend to do. After that now I am at Vasco and I have taken them out of the relegation positions and now they are in the top half (Still too far for winning the league...but it's something...).

I've won 2 leagues with Millonarios and a super cup, but I decided that it was enough because the colombian season calendar is a bit uncomfortable (Like the transfer market, it hardly coincides with other's). Apart from the titles, my other 2 achievements were to bring Yepes on a free that, despite being 37 years, he was a beast in the defense, and a prospect like Kevin Rendon

It can be difficult Gooner88. I have to say that I am really enjoying my new game in Peru. I avoided relegation (just) and am getting ready for season 2, although I am thinking of moving on after this season. I've just loaded the rest of the leagues in S. America so I have the whole continent which I plan to keep for around 5 years before I have a re-jig of the leagues depending on where my career has taken me.

I really should start a thread in FMCU shouldn't I :D

I've been in this rut since I bought FM13, can someone upload an interesting save game in which I can add a new manager please?

Unfortunately I don't know how and also, looking at the thread you've started mine wouldn't be much good to you as I'm only in January 2014 and I see you wanted one further in the future. I agree with the poster who said to start a save and then holiday 5 years though - a lot can change in 5 years :thup:

I do recommend what I've done though as, if you look at what forameuss posted further up this page, it should lead to an interesting and varied save and take you to some countries and formats that might be new to you. You just need to break through that "I'm not going to enjoy this" barrier, which I had after about 10 games. I stuck at it, added some new countries and I'm really beginning to get into the save now.

Archived