Managers buys bench warmers

Hello everyone.

I'm having a look at how managers are handling their money. I have to say that I'm a bit stupified because, for example, on manager spent most of his budget on a few players, who he then proceeded to put on the bench. They're not even "rotation", most of them have below 5 appearances late in the season. Of course, some are digruntled and handed transfer requests. Is this a special case for you guys, or just a matter of very poor managing abilities?

Yes, well that is normal... but I was just shocked to see the Hull manager spend all of his budget on a couple of players who he played for one or two games...

At that level, you're right it's daft, especially if the budget is a fairly decent one.

The Old Firm have done that for years. Players who excelled at other SPL teams were frequently bought by Rangers or Celtic and hardly ever played. It looked sometimes like all they were doing was signing certain players to remove the threat of them playing against them. That's in real life, though, I don't know if FM is quite sophisticated enough to implement these sort of "spoiler" tactics. Chris Killen and Derek Riordan from Hibs to Celtic were cases in point.

The Old Firm have done that for years. Players who excelled at other SPL teams were frequently bought by Rangers or Celtic and hardly ever played. It looked sometimes like all they were doing was signing certain players to remove the threat of them playing against them. That's in real life, though, I don't know if FM is quite sophisticated enough to implement these sort of "spoiler" tactics. Chris Killen and Derek Riordan from Hibs to Celtic were cases in point.

Riordan is a weird example as this wasnt the case, he was supposed to play. Unfortunetly he fell out with the manager.

Archived