Sports Interactive Community

What do you prefer....?

Having a lot of money to spend? Or

Having very little money and having to scrimp and save to buy the players?

somewhere inbetween to be honest. i like having a stable squad but i also like having cash.

It's nice to have some spare cash, but sugar daddies kill what is for me a big part of the enjoyment; working to a budget, developing/finding uncovered gems on the cheap, making money by risking selling my top player to re-invest take a chance elsewhere.

I usually leave once I've built a club to the point where money is taken out of the equation (sugar daddy or not), but that's just me. At that point, because of the squad and bank balance it becomes a bit too much hit "continue" fest.

So do you prefer spending millions on players or a couple thousand and making them worth millions?

both really. i dislike having too much to spend as i find my squad gets unstable. but i also cnt be bothered with free agent lists.

I feel guilty if I spent lots on a player. Cant help myself if its someone I like though. I see them running with the ball in my mind and cant resist!

In all my saves I tend to buy young stars mainly though. Benzia, Cirigliano, Volland, Romero etc

i like having lots of cash, cause than i can spend it on youngsters not worrying too much if they wont turn out good. it's just this mental comfort that money is there if i want to spend it

Love getting a sugar daddy in the lower leagues where there is a challenge to build a club.

But a sugar daddy for a premiership side that's mid table or above is a death sentence to my fun in a save, seems pointless playing when building a top side is just a few clicks away and no challenge.

I'd agree with welshace. It's quite fun in a lower league, but even there it's just a shortcut to success.

I have quite enjoyed managed Mansfield this year as a method of improving my reputation much faster then would be possible at a 'normal' club.

Whenever I spend big on a player it nearly always back fires in some way. Had an Everton game going where I had competitive funds and then in the 6th season I got a tycoon takeover and I was put under pressure to spend big every season and this spoiled my game as I hate spending vast amounts. Like mentioned above, No challenge.

So to sum up I prefer to save and spend very little

on mine i got taken over, the Glazers got replaced by a chairman who... is exactly the same, debt still stans everything.

would be nice for a takeover to actually change the finances in some way.

I like to work with small budgets and slowly build up a squad to earn more money but did have a Polish takeover at Aston Villa when I was manager and they expected to improve drasticaly(Top four after I saved them from going down) Built a all UK squad(Mainly all English and Spurs) and Won the league and F.A Cup then won the Champions League the season after but that was it.

No money = long term fun Money = Short term fun way I feel.

As Manager of Tritium in Serie C1 I had a guy rock up and pump $80m into my coffers. Not that many expensive players want to join but I have been able to offer great wages for players at that level. After 3 years of relegation playout survival I went up in the playoffs to Serie B. Now I'm in Serie B I just have a lot of overpaid Serie C level players but have supplemented with a couple of $100k signings which have helped.

Moral - don't need to spend that cash, would often be pointless but gives a little breathing space!

With Lazio I built a world class side even though the Italian tax bug (the one that remained after the Christmas update) was in place. I did this by buying young talent and developing them myself, but not before signing good players cheaply 1st and 2nd season, where I won the league season two, allowing me success. Champions League was what fueled my economy.

Yet, I bought FMRTE and edited away all taxes the 7th season or so, mostly because all the other clubs in the league were severely struggling financially. Roma and Inter had wage budgets around £3-400kpw, Milan and Juventus were the only ones with slightly acceptable wage budgets at 7-800kpw. I had 1100kpw at that time.

So, earning £2-5m every month I started catching up with what I had lost over the years. Still, the current season (19/20), this is how I spent my current wealth:

laziosales2020.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I sold off players worth £205m to allow youngsters already at the club space to flourish :) The hope for the future is that the other clubs catch up, but I just won the league after the 29th round going 27-1-1 so it is not actually a success so far. I think I need to help them use their money manually...

To me money equates security and freedom. I don't usually go for big name players unless necessary anyway (mostly quality youths where I can), but having the money means I don't have to worry about where income comes from to build my desired team.

What do you prefer....?

Having a lot of money to spend? Or

Having very little money and having to scrimp and save to buy the players?

Neither of those tbh.

Having unlimited cash makes success feel moot and any failure catastrophic.

Having no cash whatsoever is a good challenge up to a certain level. When the challenge turns to an impossible difficulty level, then there is no fun left either.

I prefer to spend it wisely, however much I've got. Normally I spent it on youths who can get on my bench at 16/17. Then I just sell my deadwood. Obviously, on sales alone, I don't profit, but the sell-on value of these youths are huge.

What is the different between a sugar daddy, a tycoon and whatever the others are? I have made a thread this morning because on my currant Tranmere save I have had a Tycoon takeover, but he hasn't put any money into the club?

What is the different between a sugar daddy, a tycoon and whatever the others are? I have made a thread this morning because on my currant Tranmere save I have had a Tycoon takeover, but he hasn't put any money into the club?

A sugar daddy and/or a tycoon are basically the same thing.

In FM there are 3 different kinds of sugar daddies/tycoons:

There are guys like the owner of Man City or PSG who just splash the cash.

There are guys who will not inject cash on top, but make sure that the club will never go bust.

And there are guys who are in the middle of those two. I believe they take over any losses at the end of each season.

Looks like you got one of the latter types.

I enjoy having mere pennies to spend. It forces me to think outside the box and consider every purchase very carefully. If i have too much money I often end up bored with the game

I'm stingy with money even when I have it!

This.

I like playing with some funds, although I hate tycoons. Mostly somewhere in between.

Having lots of money of course! No contest! I dream of being at a small club that suddenly gets a massive cash injection (that doesn't then lead to a new owner firing me straight away).