FM13: Real Sociedad de Fútbol, S.A.D.- The Flag of San Sebastian!

Nice one. Regarding the 4-2-3-1, do you have any problems with it defensively? I've always been wary of using it with 2 CM's because of the gap between them and the CB's. I use the deep version instead when I play with that formation. Also, what have you done with the RW position? Have you kept Prieto there as he seems too slow, plus there isn't any other natural RW's in the squad. Be interested to know how you approached it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really have too many problems because I make sure that I play a high line. This reduces the space between the lines. Illarramendi as my DLP/D stays very deep as well, so I don;t really have the problem.

I have stuck with Prieto on the right, but have changed his role to AP/S for the 4-2-3-1. This works well in that he finds some space and is good enough technically to play the cross or through ball to Vela or Pardo. When I drop back to my 4-1-2-2-1 for away games, I play either Gonzalo Castro or Wagner in that role as an IF to make sure that Vela does not get isolated. Prieto is adequate in the CM role as an AP/A in that role.

I'm assuming you also have a game as Sociedad, what system do you use?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had any joy with Seferovic? I havr given him a chance and has bagged 9 goals in 6 games at the start of the 1st season. Him and Iker Hernandez look good prospects.

You must be using an edited database as he has only just moved to Sociedad this Summer IRL.

have gotten back into a sociedad save recently. i had a new dog and the last 3 months ive had no time to play ha.

i simmed season one and then after seeing soc finish 14th i took control at the end of the season.

im trying to go the spain heavy route this time and have a nice young core that im going to develop.

after taking over ive guided the club to a 3rd and 4th place finish and currently in 4th again with 4 games to go. have got a euro cup semi against monaco to come though.

formation wise through the first season i went the usual 451 (dm and wingers) and a 4411. now ive got a few better players at home and against the weaker teams in going 4231 with the two dms spots. have alos had to play 31411 for a few as all my fullbacks are out.

enjoying the game again atm

have gotten back into a sociedad save recently. i had a new dog and the last 3 months ive had no time to play ha.

i simmed season one and then after seeing soc finish 14th i took control at the end of the season.

im trying to go the spain heavy route this time and have a nice young core that im going to develop.

after taking over ive guided the club to a 3rd and 4th place finish and currently in 4th again with 4 games to go. have got a euro cup semi against monaco to come though.

formation wise through the first season i went the usual 451 (dm and wingers) and a 4411. now ive got a few better players at home and against the weaker teams in going 4231 with the two dms spots. have alos had to play 31411 for a few as all my fullbacks are out.

enjoying the game again atm

How did you set your Wingers and Full Backs up when you had the original squad? I'm really unsure what to do as mostly all the Wingers at Sociedad are left footed and the one right footed winger lacks pace.

Also, regarding budgets; do you get decent budgets after the 1st season? Does the club's bank balance improve?

ive got loads of cash. 1 champions league qualification and your set as all the players are happy on sub 30k each for a few seasons.

just spent 30mil on isco in my save to continue the spanish flavour.

season 1/2 i went with grize wing attack left and vela inside fwd attack on the right.

think the only thing i changed was their run from deeps to sometimes as i didnt want them rushing off reducing passing options.

full backs were bog standard too. angel and bought a new rb

ive got loads of cash. 1 champions league qualification and your set as all the players are happy on sub 30k each for a few seasons.

just spent 30mil on isco in my save to continue the spanish flavour.

season 1/2 i went with grize wing attack left and vela inside fwd attack on the right.

think the only thing i changed was their run from deeps to sometimes as i didnt want them rushing off reducing passing options.

full backs were bog standard too. angel and bought a new rb

That's good to hear regarding the finances, I didn't realise they ended up so healthy! £30m spent on Isco, wow :D

Any chance of some screenshots (transfers, etc)?

Thanks.

3 pts clear with a game in hand after 13 games.

current bank balance after isco deal is -12mil but i paid the 30 in straight cash and most of the fees i got in for florenzi (21mil) and belussi (15mil) were in installments

ive upped the training and youth facilities twice. rated as top currently

ive had a new stadium with them in the past but im going to wait till im classed as a club icon or legend and maybe get it named after me

no idea. never gone in to admin. the projection knows what you have coming in and i dont think the game will let you overspend.

admin is more likely if a team gets relegated and a huge wage bill loss of competition income kicks in.

if you do well you will boost ur income massively. current tv right deal is 29mil a season up from the one at the start. this one expires the end of the season so will see how much it goes up by.

bellusci i paid 3mil sold 3 seasons later for 15mil to real. florenzi cost 4.5mil and sold to arsenal for 21mil.

had youngsters i had coming through i wanted to blood plus their contracts had a season left to run and they wanted 30k + raises each so got rid.

I just started a save with Real Sociedad this weekend. The idea is to become the most successful team in Spain. I know that we are talking at least 60-70 seasons here as I most likely wont win the league the first 4-5 years, but that's okay. I'm here for the long haul.

So I set up some rules for the save so it wont blow out of proportion and becomes unrealistic as it often does =). And I want to continue the path that Real Sociedad has taken in real life to as much as I can:

At least 2 players from the U19 team will be training with the A-team and hopefully be talent enough to become a regular member of the first eleven. The players that are promoted to the A-team must play at least 15 games in total (included subs) per season. If not, they will be sold (think Thiago in Barcelona).

I will try not to spend more than 60-70% of the transfer money each year.

I will try to buy Spanish players first, if that isn't possible I will try to get players that either speak Spanish as a first language or have Spanish as second nationality.

Okay, I am at work so I can't upload any images but I will do so when I come home, in the mean time I will tell you how it has been going so far. I have played two whole seasons and are about to start the third one.

First season there was only on objective for me on the path to become the number one team, reach Champions League! I must first raise the status of the club to be able to get the best talents in Spain so playing in the Champions League every season is a must.

I ended up in third place with 7 points of the team behind me and 10 points or so the Real Madrid and Barcelona. The highlight of the season was the 4-2 win over Barcelona at home. The feeling when the ref signalled for full time was amazing!

The downside was that Man United came a bought Inago Martinez for £32.5 million even though I had a £81 million release clause.

I had hoped to keep the amazing youth talent in the team but he wouldn't even listen to me when I wanted to offer a new contract to him. I bought in Marcano and Astori for a total of about £15 million pounds and let the rest of the money stay in the bank.

Second season, I had qualified for the CL and ended up with Schalke (who went a won the whole thing at the end of the season), Arsenal & Galatasaray. I finished third in the group, but was kicked out by Gladbach in the Europa League in the second knock-out.

In the league I finished third once more. I took more points, made more goals, conceded less and closed the gap in terms of points to the two teams above me. So I feel that we are progressing in the league. The least thing I did last night before bed was to sign Carlos Fierro to the team for a mere £14 million.

I have a solid team, some great youths that I can't wait to play and about 80-85% of the squad are Spanish. Greizmann keeps getting unhappy and Arsenal is chasing him but other than that I feel I can really give Real Madrid and Barcelona a run for the money this season.

I will upload images tonight but feel free to ask questions if you have any.

I was only looking for a short term bit of fun on FMC to keep me occupied until I go to uni in a few weeks, but I'm loving this save after ten games in the league. Haven't signed a single player, however I'm top of the league with 9 wins and 1 loss, Barca and Real both slipped up early on and I beat Barca away 2-1 in my first game. Currently using a 4-2-3-1 with a DMCR and an MCL allowing the two to link up better, and Agirretxe is thriving in the complete forward (support) role. Mikel Gonzalez has netted 6 times in 11 from centre-back and Inigo Martinez has already been called up to the Spanish full national side. Really enjoying this, thank you guys for convincing me to give it a try!

Chairman has just given me £8m to spend due to decent finances, bringing in Ademilson in January but other than that I only plan on replacing my bigger stars when they leave. The original squad has really won me over.

So i promised some photos of the campaign so far, so here goes...

League:

2012/2013

conLoT8.jpg

2013/2014

kGBMUe6.jpg

Transfers:

2012/2013

iNBhQgV.jpg

2013/2014

8lHbvQi.jpg

2014/2015 (so far)

1WIrweX.jpg

New Talent:

BOUvMbZ.jpg

I have really high hopes for this kid. He is being tutored by Greizmann and Prieto to make sure that he has the best conditions to become a star player

6cHLmbH.jpg

AMR/FC - Bad physical stats, but hopefully he can bloom in the A-team next year.

y6Vcek7.jpg

DC/R - This could potential become a star player if he gets good tutorship from Mecano and Astori.

7xkZhdS.jpg

GK- One of my scouts found this gem in the rough in Portugal and boy do I tell you, this could be one of the greatest finding I have ever had on this game. Or at least I though so....

GtrHVH2.jpg

Then the same scout came back with this finding, and I just started to drool... With the right training I think I might have the best central defender I have ever coached....

Let me know if you want any other screens.

Where are you guys playing Carlos Vela & Xabi Prieto?

I use a straight 4-4-2. I play Prieto as MR. When I have injuries I can use him as a MC but that is very rarely. He also subs as a ML when needed. Vela I primarily use as ML. He also subs as a striker when needed. I have had great success with them as those positions but I have trained them religiously there as well.

I use a straight 4-4-2. I play Prieto as MR. When I have injuries I can use him as a MC but that is very rarely. He also subs as a ML when needed. Vela I primarily use as ML. He also subs as a striker when needed. I have had great success with them as those positions but I have trained them religiously there as well.

Cheers.

I was only looking for a short term bit of fun on FMC to keep me occupied until I go to uni in a few weeks, but I'm loving this save after ten games in the league. Haven't signed a single player, however I'm top of the league with 9 wins and 1 loss, Barca and Real both slipped up early on and I beat Barca away 2-1 in my first game. Currently using a 4-2-3-1 with a DMCR and an MCL allowing the two to link up better, and Agirretxe is thriving in the complete forward (support) role. Mikel Gonzalez has netted 6 times in 11 from centre-back and Inigo Martinez has already been called up to the Spanish full national side. Really enjoying this, thank you guys for convincing me to give it a try!

Chairman has just given me £8m to spend due to decent finances, bringing in Ademilson in January but other than that I only plan on replacing my bigger stars when they leave. The original squad has really won me over.

You are top after 10 games? Wow, that is great! :eek: How did you manage to get 6 goals from a CB after just 11 games?

I'll be using a 4-2-3-1 myself so same question for you really, where do you use Prieto & Vela and in what roles and duties?

You are top after 10 games? Wow, that is great! :eek: How did you manage to get 6 goals from a CB after just 11 games?

I'll be using a 4-2-3-1 myself so same question for you really, where do you use Prieto & Vela and in what roles and duties?

No idea why he keeps scoring so often, but I'm not complaining! I have Vela on the left as an inside forward (attack), Prieto on the right in the same role and Griezmann in behind the striker as a trequartista. Agirretxe or Ademilson plays in front of them as a complete forward (support). The four of them score at pretty similar rates except Vela disappointingly, who hasn't scored half as many as I had expected. Griezmann has been incredible though and I hope I don't lose him. With 6 games left we are 3 points behind Barca but 7 ahead of Real, and have the Copa Del Rey Final against Real too in a few weeks.

As long as I stay in the Champions League spots I am happy really, don't think I will pour millions into the side though, maybe just into a new right-back as neither have impressed me at all. Trying to sign Angel on a permanent deal too but he wants me to break the wage structure and I'm not sure whether or not to.

No idea why he keeps scoring so often, but I'm not complaining! I have Vela on the left as an inside forward (attack), Prieto on the right in the same role and Griezmann in behind the striker as a trequartista. Agirretxe or Ademilson plays in front of them as a complete forward (support). The four of them score at pretty similar rates except Vela disappointingly, who hasn't scored half as many as I had expected. Griezmann has been incredible though and I hope I don't lose him. With 6 games left we are 3 points behind Barca but 7 ahead of Real, and have the Copa Del Rey Final against Real too in a few weeks.

As long as I stay in the Champions League spots I am happy really, don't think I will pour millions into the side though, maybe just into a new right-back as neither have impressed me at all. Trying to sign Angel on a permanent deal too but he wants me to break the wage structure and I'm not sure whether or not to.

Cheers :thup:

Don't you play Ruben Pardo then?

Cheers :thup:

Don't you play Ruben Pardo then?

Yep, he's my CM:

ScreenShot2013-08-20at181509.png

On paper it doesn't look like a very balanced system but I've moulded it around most players' strengths. Still tweaking it every few games, either due to weaknesses or to suit individual players coming in and out of the team. Agirretxe suits the lone striker role much more than Ademilson so I'm trying to find a way to use him in a more beneficial role.

Yep, he's my CM:

ScreenShot2013-08-20at181509.png

On paper it doesn't look like a very balanced system but I've moulded it around most players' strengths. Still tweaking it every few games, either due to weaknesses or to suit individual players coming in and out of the team. Agirretxe suits the lone striker role much more than Ademilson so I'm trying to find a way to use him in a more beneficial role.

Interesting. I have been contemplating using a 4-2-3-1 with the same shape as you have (1 MC, 1 DM). Do you ever find that the left side gets overrun due to the DML being pushed up to MCL and the left full back being on WB (A)?

How well does Carlos Martinez play as a WB (A)? As he is not suited to that role at all. I was thinking of just using him as a standard FB (S).

Interesting. I have been contemplating using a 4-2-3-1 with the same shape as you have (1 MC, 1 DM). Do you ever find that the left side gets overrun due to the DML being pushed up to MCL and the left full back being on WB (A)?

Not particularly. Illarramendi often gets dragged across to cover on the left side which is helpful.

How well does Carlos Martinez play as a WB (A)? As he is not suited to that role at all. I was thinking of just using him as a standard FB (S).

Not very well at all, I'm looking for somebody who can play that role better. However, it all stems from my preferences in midfield; I want Ruben Pardo on the left side so he can use his preferred right foot to thread balls through to the forward and attacking midfielder, which forces Illarramendi onto the right, so if I'm going to have attacking wingbacks on either side it should be DR in particular. Angel is joining on a permanent basis and I only need an attacking right-back to complete my team for next season. I finished second, ten points behind Barca and one ahead of Real, and I lost the cup final against Real too.

Not particularly. Illarramendi often gets dragged across to cover on the left side which is helpful.

Not very well at all, I'm looking for somebody who can play that role better. However, it all stems from my preferences in midfield; I want Ruben Pardo on the left side so he can use his preferred right foot to thread balls through to the forward and attacking midfielder, which forces Illarramendi onto the right, so if I'm going to have attacking wingbacks on either side it should be DR in particular. Angel is joining on a permanent basis and I only need an attacking right-back to complete my team for next season. I finished second, ten points behind Barca and one ahead of Real, and I lost the cup final against Real too.

Second in your 1st season is good going mate, congrats!

Haven't you thought of using Pardo in the AMC position? His attributes are suited to playing as an AP (S) in the hole or even with some training, the role you already use (Treq).

Second in your 1st season is good going mate, congrats!

Haven't you thought of using Pardo in the AMC position? His attributes are suited to playing as an AP (S) in the hole or even with some training, the role you already use (Treq).

Thanks mate! :)

That's a good shout actually. I've not given it much consideration as I have been trying to fit Vela, Griezmann and Xabi Prieto into the same team as well as another striker, as I don't really like Vela as a lone striker. I will definitely give it a go in preseason though. Have you had any success using him in that role?

I've actually only just started a save but will let you know how he does in that role :thup:

Another question I have; do you make many changes during a match tactically? Or do you tend to just let the match play out?

I don't usually pay much attention to opposition instructions or match preparation, especially now I'm only using FMC, but if it's a big match then I find myself tweaking things a lot, probably too much! As long as things aren't going badly I usually leave them to it. Didn't expect to enjoy this save so much, I'm wishing I had started it on the full FM game!

Really excited about this regen that just came through:

ScreenShot2013-08-20at230727.png

Dani Carvajal is my new right-back, he is much more capable of playing the attacking wing back role. Cost a fair chunk at £6.25m though.

After watching yesterday's game against Olympique Lyonnais, I'm now sure that I want to start a save with them! Have you got any tips?

The two goals were amazing weren't they! The biggest dilemma is probably the left wing, you have three very strong options in Griezmann, Vela and Castro. Xabi Prieto holds down the right wing spot. You will probably have to play one of your star players slightly out of position, however retraining him straight away is definitely your best option.

IMO Prieto is so slow to be winger but that is only my opinion

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just starting my second season and he has turned 30, his attributes are starting to slide. Still, he managed 10 goals and 13 assists for me last season from the right wing and won player of the season, so he does a decent job for the first season at least.

season 16/17 and just let the title slip through my fingers.

4 games to go, 1 point clear of barca. games left include barca and real away had beat them both at the start of the season.

lost both so finished second 10 points clear of 3rd.

not too bothered. going to sort the squad out in the summer and hopefully next season will see the next step being taken

season 16/17 and just let the title slip through my fingers.

4 games to go, 1 point clear of barca. games left include barca and real away had beat them both at the start of the season.

lost both so finished second 10 points clear of 3rd.

not too bothered. going to sort the squad out in the summer and hopefully next season will see the next step being taken

I was at a similar situation as you, was 2 points clear of Real Madrid and 5 points of Barcelona but I had the two games against them at home. But back to back. First game vs Barca ended 0-0 and Real was up for the taking of first place but lost against Sevilla away. Then came the Real Madrid game, the match of the season, make or brake it. They had lots of injuries and I noticed that they were using a lot of young players. I went all out attack, thinking "sometimes you've just have to believe in your team" and that they did. Won 7-1! Now I'm 6 points clear of the two giants with 8-9 games to go and relative easy games left. Hopefully I can crown the third season with a league title.

Screen will be posted when I'm home from work later tonight.

I don't usually pay much attention to opposition instructions or match preparation, especially now I'm only using FMC, but if it's a big match then I find myself tweaking things a lot, probably too much! As long as things aren't going badly I usually leave them to it. Didn't expect to enjoy this save so much, I'm wishing I had started it on the full FM game!

Really excited about this regen that just came through:

ScreenShot2013-08-20at230727.png

Dani Carvajal is my new right-back, he is much more capable of playing the attacking wing back role. Cost a fair chunk at £6.25m though.

Could you tell me what that skin is called?

It's awesome...

The End of the third season and we are Champions! It was a spectacular campaign and Carlos Fierro was just the tool I had missed to be able to take the final step.

5mUBw3o.jpg

S2nMOjP.jpgJFBdC9m.jpg

Basauri and Celebi är developing nicely.

And when I had the chance to buy Martinez back from Man Utd it was the easiest choice I have ever had in my FM career.

@ Last resort - Wow, awesome stuff there man, congrats on winning the title! You use a basic 4-4-2, right? Those 2 newgens you have there look like they could be great players too, especially the CB; He's a monster for his age!

Thanks man! I am especially pleased with only 14 goals conceded. You need to have a really tight defence if you want to get ahead of the two giants in Spanish football.

Yeah, I am using a 4-4-2 that turn into a 4-5-1 when defending. I definitely had some luck with the new players coming through the ranks. But ze German is a beast. Best one if have ever found. I just hope I can develop him to his max potential.

Archived