How do you get two Whales in a Mini?

Cookie147

Not the greatest month but i'm sure you'll pick up a few more points in the upcoming ones. How is Billington coming along?

Having another decent season, and linking up well with Codling, who has recently been making noises about looking for a bigger club...!!

Arran Billington

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klrd8cj.png?1

NOVEMBER 2013

Zkj4uNA.png?1

With the exception of a disappointing home defeat versus Aberystwyth, it was a much better month as a whole, which also included progress in the Welsh Cup with a very good 2-0 win against Bangor City. The goals have been spread around the team as well, with both strikers and four different midfielders getting in on the act.

kJi4h3l.png?1

I am happy with where I stand in the table at the moment, and hopefully that top six is on the cards. The scheduled league matches in December are:

Port Talbot (H)

Carmarthen (A)

TNS (H)

Airbus (A)

Although I am not looking for a journeyman career, I thought I'd keep you informed with which job offers are coming in. This is the first I've had: Kidderminster Harriers.

Klrd8cj.png?1

DECEMBER 2013

YEZ4VFK.png?1

An undefeated month, with notable victories away at Carmarthen and a televised home match versus TNS, whom we seem to have a good record against.

X4iytmy.png?1

Five more points from the next five games will secure a top six finish, which was the main aim for the season. Hopefully those points will come in January's fixtures:

Llanelli (H)

Newtown (A)

Bala (H)

Aberystwyth (A)

Haverfordwest (A)

Pretty much sure of the top 6 finish there, hopefully you can confirm as soon as possible

Update coming in a minute, but the way the month started, I was beginning to wonder if I'd blown it or not..!

Been a couple of good months there :thup:

Thanks Cerud, I'm happy with the season so far, hopefully something good comes from it at the end of it.

Klrd8cj.png?1

JANUARY 2014

QbCxAMA.png?1

January was looking like being a horror month, with the three opening defeats and a month long injury to Lewis Codling, but the two away matches at the end of the month were both much improved performances, which guaranteed our top six finish relatively comfortably in the end.

YsDq7An.png?1

So, top six confirmed, and now I can attempt to move up the table in the remaining ten tough matches. We also have the return of the Welsh Cup in the upcoming month

February Fixtures

Airbus (H) (Welsh Cup)

Port Talbot (H)

Airbus (A)

Llanelli (H)

Bangor City (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

FEBRUARY 2014

QHtokV9.png?1

A strange month that started with promise with a last minute winner versus Airbus in the Welsh Cup. A good 1-0 victory against Port Talbot started the months league matches and hard fought goal-less draw against Airbus followed. After being 2-0 up on Llanelli after 73 minutes in the next match everything felt good - but we were lucky to only lose 4-2 in the end. We also let a lead slip against Bangor, meaning we'd thrown six points away from winning positions which would have made a massive difference to the table.

v7ejcai.png?1

Still comfortably in fifth, but it could have been so much better! There are some tough matches coming up.

March Matches:

Holyhead (A) (Welsh Cup)

TNS (A)

Port Talbot (A)

Airbus (H)

Klrd8cj.png?1

MARCH 2014

6Qq20gI.png?1

Not the best month where it seems some of my players are already on their summer holidays. First of all we struggled past lower league Holyhead in the Welsh Cup, winning on penalties, then only secured one point from nine in the league. I know there is not much to play for, but I wanted some kind of form leading into the play-offs at the end of the season should we not defend our Welsh Cup crown. Speaking of the cup, we've got another lower league side in Afan Lido in the semi's, with Carmarthen and Port Talbot in the other side of the draw.

1uRyQ49.png?1

Fifth of sixth will be our final league placing, and with our final three games I am not confident in the former.

April's Matches:

TNS (H)

Afan Lido (N) (Welsh Cup)

Llanelli (A)

Nice to be in the top 6.

It sure is, although I get the feeling the cup is my best hope of a european return next season. With the 'big-guns' all out I've got a small chance.

Tough going but a top 6 finish is a positive and theres still a chance of getting into Europe.

Very tough end to the season. Fingers crossed for some form in the next month, especially in the play-offs.

Klrd8cj.png?1

APRIL 2014

Ijz5qy2.png?1

Same old, same old this month with two defeats in the league, although better performances and a scrape through in the cup. It does mean however we are through to our second consecutive Welsh Cup final, which gave us the opportunity of Europa League football this season. Carmarthen Town will be our opponents this year.

Eu8pHxf.png?1

Just one game to go, and a win will confirm 5th spot, however the opponents are Bangor City, so it will be tough. The cup final is only a few days after, so the dilemma is whether to rest players or not?

May Fixtures:

Bangor City (H)

Carmarthen Town (N) (Welsh Cup Final)

Euro-Cup Play Offs

Klrd8cj.png?1

MAY 2014

Ypzbpd1.png?1

Such a disappointing end to the season. We played excellently against Bangor and dominated the match from start to finish. We then lead in the cup final midway through the second half, but let our lead slip which seems to have been a theme of the second half of the season.

Welsh Cup Final

Xeneaqs.png?1

So, fifth it was, and I guess it's progress which we need to maintain next season.

Klrd8cj.png?1

2013/14

PRESTATYN TOWN

SEASON REVIEW

Welsh Premier League Winners - TNS

Welsh Cup Winners - Carmarthen Town

League Cup Winners - Port Talbot

Euro Qualifiers

Champions League

TNS

Europa League

Llanelli, Bangor City, Carmarthen Town

European Competition Rankings

Welsh Premier League : 168th (down 7)

Prestatyn Town : 470th (up 231)

[b]Year        Team                 WPL       Welsh Cup    League Cup        Notes[/b]
2012/13     Prestatyn Town       7th       Winners      1st Round         Qualified for Euro Cup
2013/14     Prestatyn Town       5th       Runner Up    Quarter Final     ----

I wasn't sure what else to add to this page, so if you'd like any other information, please let me know.

A cup final and an improvement on last seasons position is still a good season IMO :thup:

Thanks DM, feels a disappointment, but I guess looking at it again it wasn't too bad. Onwards and upwards....

Shame to miss out on the cup, but to go as far as you did should give you hope for next season.

Thanks Cerud, actually you're right, after the disappointment of losing the final I am fairly optimistic for the new season.

Klrd8cj.png?1

PRE-SEASON 2014

After the disappointment of the cup final loss last season, we've had the positives of having a full pre-season schedule. It's given me the opportunity to get the new signings into the swing of things.

NEW SIGNINGS

Zak Evans|Wayne Riley|Michael Robinson|Max Penk|Ben Watkis

The board have pushed the expectation levels up slightly by wanting Euro qualification via the league, so I've used the remaining wage budget to bring the new players in to try and match that ambition. They've looked good in pre-season, so fingers crossed.

e0VpTqY.png?1

I'm fairly happy with the pre season matches, winning all the matches we were expected to, and competing against Charlton Athletic and Coventry City.

I've also had some progress in the boardroom, agreeing with Mr Merrick to increase the funding of our junior coaching.

IfDMNe8.png?1

What level is it at and now ?

Also what level are your other facilities at ?

Currently everything is still saying basic facilities, although our spangly new stadium will be ready in ten months time, going from 1000 seats to 2735.

Looks like you have a progressive Board! Who knew that existed! :D
Maybe they don't exist as the facilities still say basic. Maybe they're just liars......

Hopefully you can get Europe this time, by league or cup.
Shame about missing out on Europe but you had a decent season, getting to a cup final as well. At least the board are improving the club which is going to start to help.

Thank you, hopefully this coming season will show further progress, I am happy with August.....

Klrd8cj.png?1

AUGUST 2014

1sVdPiV.png?1

An excellent start to the season with two home victories and an away draw without conceding a goal. The new players are looking good and the win over promoted side Porthmadog turned into the Lewis Codling show.

7ljGdjN.png?1

Early days obviously, but this is the kind of start I wanted. The board are looking for a top three finish so September will need to be equally as good to give myself a chance.

I also bolstered my defensive options on the final day of the transfer window by poaching Lloyd Evans from Airbus.

September Fixtures:

Carmarthen Town (A)

Llanelli (H)

Bala Town (A)

cEz15hs.png?1

SEPTEMBER 2014

7T7697Q.png?1

Another excellent month for us remaining unbeaten for the second month running, and playing some nice stuff. An away draw at Carmarthen was followed by excellent wins against Llanelli and Bala Town, and whereas August belonged to Codling, September was all about Arran Billington, scoring three of our four goals. The draw for the Premier League Cup also took place, and we've been given a tough away fixture at league leaders Bangor City.

2nRVt3c.png?1

This is our best start by far, and remaining undefeated whilst only conceding one goal has been sensational. It is still very early though, and with tough matches coming up we need to keep our form together as long as we can.

October Fixtures:

Newtown (H)

Bangor City (A) (Premier League Cup)

Bangor City (H)

Barry (A)

Good start to the new season, Riley and Watkis look handy players for that level.

Thanks Dex, both players have started well. Riley was signed from Bala Town when his contract there expired, and has also played at Bangor and Airbus, whereas Watkis was spotted by my scouts having an excellent season with Aberystwyth last year.

Klrd8cj.png?1

OCTOBER 2014

aeIsErf.png?1

I'm not quite sure where the league form has come from, but our unbeaten record continued with three wins in October, and maximum points. Billington has been the dangerman again, scoring a brace in both of the home fixtures, versus Newtown and Bangor City. The away win at Barry was more tense, but we managed to hold on in the end. The only blemish in the month was the Premier League Cup defeat at Bangor, but I rested quite a few regulars for this match.

DAHuNFr.png?1

Amazingly we sit top of the table at the end of October, but the TNS machine has started rolling, and expect normal service to resume any time soon. Top three is the aim though, so we must continue our run. As you can see, November is a very busy and difficult month.....

November Fixtures:

Aberystwyth (A)

TNS (H)

Gresford (A) (Welsh Cup)

Portmadog (A)

Port Talbot (A)

Airbus (H)

I think you will have a better idea of how the season will go after the TNS game. If you can beat them i'd fancy you to have a good shot at the title, your early form certainly suggests a top 3 spot is very possible this season though :thup:
Great stuff so far this season. Bangor and TNS are breathing down your neck so i hope you can keep it uP!

Thank you both - although the table looks good at the moment, our fixtures so far have been favourable. We haven't played TNS at all, and played Bangor and Llanelli at home.

Looking good in the league. :thup:
Excellent start to the campaign.
Good to see you've made progress with Prestatyn so far.Excellent start to the season you've made so far!

Thanks all for keeping up with progress, I'm surprised myself with the start, and November is on it's way......

Klrd8cj.png?1

NOVEMBER 2014

L4voUCQ.png?1

So after a nail-biting victory at the beginning of the month at Aberythwyth, it was the big game versus TNS. The match couldn't have been more one sided if I tried, and we were totally taken to the cleaners, and were lucky to keep it to four. This win put TNS above us in the table, but since then we have got back to winning ways, whereas 'The New Saints' went the other way. None of our wins were comfortable though, but I'll take them though..!! Progress was made in the Welsh Cup as well, as our young side scraped through against our lower league opponents.

G3OLch3.png?1

We've opening up a three point lead on TNS due to their inability to capitalise following their win at our place. More importantly we are now nine points ahead of Bangor in 3rd and eleven points in front of fourth placed Llanelli.

December Fixtures:

Carmarthen Town (H)

Bala Town (H)

Llanelli (A)

Newtown (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

DECEMBER 2014

vYOdNqz.png?1

By far the worst month of the season in terms of performances, and although I thought it would be tough to maintain the form we were in, I'm a little disappointed with some of the performances. We actually won the least likely of the matches in the month, away at Llanelli, and only gained one points from the two home matches.

sSGLE4R.png?1

We're still in a good position, but TNS have regained their momentum to take a three point lead at the top, with much better goal difference.

January Fixtures:

Barry (H)

Bangor City (A)

Aberystwyth (H)

TNS (A)

Rhydymwyn (A) (Welsh Cup)

On a side note, I have suffered a few mid-game crashes lately, with little explanation, so hopefully this doesn't hamper any progress.

Archived