Sports Interactive Community
CurnRaisin

Irish Leagues underrated?

Just wondering has anyone else noticed this, not being a big follower of the Irish leagues so I don't know too much about the innergoings on or the standard of football their but to me it seems that the Irish leagues fall off the footballing world quite fast in FM.

According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Country_coefficient

The most resent rating puts Ireland in 36 where as only after 5 years in my save the Irish premier league is rated below 100 and most teams don't ever sell a player, and any Irish newgens that turn out good will just leave on frees to English teams and develop there. Where as in real life most either be sold from their team or make it up to the Irish premier league where they are sold for decent money this doesn't happen in game. Few examples from resent years are Mcclean and Roy O'Donovan. While its rumoured that Eamon Zayed might have went for big money too, not too sure of this tho. Seems both irish teams and the leagues are destanded for failure.

On a barely related note, looking at that table in the link I'm surprised at how high Cyprus is ranked; beating Denmark, Czech Republic and Poland amongst others. Maybe one to add to future games as we haven't had a new league in game for a while....

8 seasons in my game and Ireland is ranked 33rd with 9.000 coefficient. This is actually a better result than irl where they have 7.375 points as of 2013 http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2013.html

Really, thats weird. In all my games they tend to fall well down the rankings. Do you have Ireland active? If not maybe its the "greyed out" players the game is generating are better than the teams actual players so they are doing better.

Really, thats weird. In all my games they tend to fall well down the rankings. Do you have Ireland active? If not maybe its the "greyed out" players the game is generating are better than the teams actual players so they are doing better.

I havent selected the Irish league

I was over there a couple of weeks ago to watch Sligo Rovers v Drogheda. The quality of the football was on a par with the Conference North / South at best - lots of hoofing the ball and little evidence of any real ability.

I havent selected the Irish league

Well there is the reason, the greyed out players your game is generating for when the irish teams play in europe are better than the actual players, so they stay around the same placing.

In my own game I had two Irish players I signed from Irish clubs for my Turkish Genclerbirgli side and both went on to become full Irish internationals. And bloomin' good ones too.

I think it could be related to AI teams not scouting smaller nations particularly well, which was an issue we were made aware of and has been tweaked.

The Standard of the Irish League is woeful.

However there has been some good players come out of there in recent years.

Shane Long, Kevin Doyle, James McLean, Seamus Coleman.

The Standard of the Irish League is woeful.

However there has been some good players come out of there in recent years.

Shane Long, Kevin Doyle, James McLean, Seamus Coleman.

I know it is woeful standard of football but IRL they are rated at 36 yet if you have them as an active nation they will fall far down the rankings. On the topic of the Irish leagues is there a way to make any players born in a certain country always have a second nationally of a specific country. Thinking for Ireland/northern Ireland. The current state of the law is that anyone born on the Island of Ireland can take up Irish nationality. So any one born in Northen Ireland can take up and play for the Rep. of Ireland, yet in the game it's not like this.

I know it is woeful standard of football but IRL they are rated at 36 yet if you have them as an active nation they will fall far down the rankings. On the topic of the Irish leagues is there a way to make any players born in a certain country always have a second nationally of a specific country. Thinking for Ireland/northern Ireland. The current state of the law is that anyone born on the Island of Ireland can take up Irish nationality. So any one born in Northen Ireland can take up and play for the Rep. of Ireland, yet in the game it's not like this.

For reasons of sensitivity and politics I'm thinking they just let those in the Republic be Irish and those in the North be Northern Irish.

Also there's a few decent players plying their trade in the League of Ireland right now. Ronan Finn is the best player in the league, if it wasn't for his issues with homesickness he'd be more than able to be with a Premier League team. Watch out for Luke Byrne and Christopher Forrester too. Not sure what their PA is in fm13 though.

For reasons of sensitivity and politics I'm thinking they just let those in the Republic be Irish and those in the North be Northern Irish.

I don't think this would be an issue(unless of course its a problem with game balance, where too many newgens chouse Irish then the N.Ireland team would suffer.), It is the current state of the law that its the persons choice which passport they apply for its not assuming or insinuating any political or national loyalties just how it works IRL. Could even have it so its just newgens get this so that no real players get involved.

I mean I know where you are coming from but just letting players have the choice to change, most times I see duel nationalities they tend to go for their primary nationality first.

Or a few other ways of doing it would be to have it like the Spanish situation, where normally it takes 5 or 10 years but with south Americans its only 2. Have it so that N.Irish players only need say 1 year or less in Ireland to take up Irish Nationality, or have it so any newgen born in N.Ireland has the required number of days completed to gain Irish nationality.

The standard of Irish football isn't that bad iirc Shamrock Rovers were in the Europa League group stages not so long ago. Great achievement for an Irish club.