the frustrations of hair!

I posted about this in the skinning sub-forum but it's dead as dead over there so I thought I might draw some attention here. feel free to answer me over there if that's proper etiquette!

for those who don't want to click, basically: I want to apply a specific haircut (from the olt hairpack) to a specific regen (my star striker).

logically this should be possible as I can edit his picture with xml, and obviously the hair can be placed at random (also xml?) as that's what the hairpack did, so it seems to be about finding the right code to get it done.

anyone know how? or know anyone that would know how?

would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm sick of my star striker looking like a pillock! anyone else have any great players ruined by bad hair?

LOL omg I feel for you. For no reason I have often been annoyed about my newgen's hairstyles.

Never tried to do what you are describing though, although I seem to have a vague memory of reading on here that it is either impossible or far too complex to do. Hopefully not though.

Any chance of a picture of said striker? I feel like we should be the judges of whether you have a point or if it's a Mr. Burns and sideburns situation.

Knowing nothing about XML, the best I can think of is taking a screenshot of a similar looking player with hair you do like, and then using a photo tool to clip round it to make it 'cut-out', then assigning it as the picture for that player the same as you would a real player.

Obvious downside is that it won't age.

Right click on the xml and then open with notepad or notepad ++, make sure it's either of those two and dont use any other program.

I mod m2tw regularly, and this is how we modify xml, but I never modded xml in FM though, so I'm not too sure what you find in the file unfortunately, make sure you back the file up.

SNIP

I think hair in Facegen looks ridiculous. The game with the best implementation of Facegen I have seen is Out of the Park baseball, and one of the reasons for that is that every generated player is wearing a baseball cap so hair is a non issue.

I move for dynamic regen hair where they change their style as they get older. The higher the Reputation, the more outrageous the cut (see Beckham, D.)

This happens already. My ST had a blond parting in his younger days but went for the shaved head in later years.

Archived