4 years, 1 Promotion, 1 FA Cup win, Euro Qualification - No Job Offers?

As the title thread - cannot believe that I haven't started to get any offers for jobs as yet - playing with large database and lots of leagues running.

In previous versions of the game I'm sure I would have had some by now - has this been toned down in FM13

I took over Newcastle and won the Capital One cup early on. Went without trophies for a while until the last 4 seasons (I'm in 2018-19) and I've won the Europa League, Super Cup, Champions League and Club World Cup.

Didn't get any job offers until I won the Premier League and was offered the Barcelona job on completion of that season. No other job offers until then, I'm guessing if you apply for some you may get an offer.

Have had 2 job offers (from fulham/stoke) in my Aston Villa save 2nd season in, got to FA cup final 1st season and in the semi's of the carling cup this season, only think i'm being offered these jobs because i'm also on an 18 match unbeaten run even though i was bottom after seven games. Guess its just luck tbh and maybe related to what club you are or league you're in? Can be quite random it seems.

As far as I can gather, your reputation can become too high. I'm now in my 11th year at Arsenal and don't even get discussed when the big jobs around Europe come up anymore. Even though with my CV I should be able to walk into pretty much any club with a vacant managers office and at least get an interview.

It's also related to your contract a well isn't it? If you're on a long well paid contract some clubs might not want to/be able to pay the compensation so they go elsewhere.

I was getting offered jobs every year. Now I've been in the Championship for two years and not had any offers. I am on a longer contract (3 years) but still at the same wage as I was when I was in League Two (£1000).

I did notice almost ever job I got offered was either a lower reputation team in the League I was in, or a high reputation team that was in a lower league. All from within the same country (England) I would of expected at least some offers from Scottish teams.

After winning League 2 with Mansfield I was offered the job at St Patricks Athletic, which I declined. Later, towards the latter part of the next season MK Dons came calling, who were well below me in League 1 fighting for their lives. I never took that one either. I didn't apply for any of those jobs. I actually stopped applying for anything apart from international jobs after my board went nuts when I tried ambitiously to get the vacant Derby and Forest positions while in League 2.

Typical just a month after saying no one was offering em a job I got offered the Motherwell job. Not sure it's a great idea to take it as they expect me to win the league despite both Celtic and Rangers making the SPL the "normal" two horse race.

Archived