200m transfer over 48mosin a competitive network game

This was an "aggressive bid" forcing the chairman to accept, between two rival human managers

price was 200m over 48mos, instantly became one of the top 5 players in the world, question is would you

921034_514530305270674_1386879491_o.jpg

right click on image and view

it's not a question if someone is worth an amount ever it's how much that team has if he is like barcelona or madrid a few years in the game they can have transfer budgets up to £750M+ and if that's the cast that's really him spending about £5M of his budget on this player and i would expect he has a chairman to back him up even if finances went bad

it's not a question if someone is worth an amount ever it's how much that team has if he is like barcelona or madrid a few years in the game they can have transfer budgets up to £750M+ and if that's the cast that's really him spending about £5M of his budget on this player and i would expect he has a chairman to back him up even if finances went bad

Is there any way he could have got all that money unfairly, but having two managers as himself and sending money to Liverpool that way?

If you pay 200M over installments it doesn't come out of the transfer budget in one go, so he could have only had a £200M budget, even if he signed lots of players for big money (tho obs wage budget would be massive too)

Is there any way he could have got all that money unfairly, but having two managers as himself and sending money to Liverpool that way?

If you pay 200M over installments it doesn't come out of the transfer budget in one go, so he could have only had a £200M budget, even if he signed lots of players for big money (tho obs wage budget would be massive too)

Well he could have i wonder if the OP had thought of that it depends on weather he's playing with mates or it's just a huge network game!

Yeah exactly it's not how much you're paying it's what you have, if the buyer has a £750M transfer budget and he's buying a player for £200M over 48 months installment it's not going to be anywhere near £200M that comes out the budget and will be peanuts to him so i don't really see how someone can say he is or isn't worth that much it is subjective. to this player he maybe worth it but to a guy who spends every single penney of the club possible to get him for £200M and puts the club at financial risk he may not be that's the main point i was making nobody can really say if he's worth it or not it depends on the club that's paying for him and what they have.

To be more on-topic. When me and my friends play against each other in a network game, we have a few house rules. One of them is that we don't try to buy each other's players. It is not about winning at any cost, so it makes sense to have a few rules when you play competitively. If all the PL clubs are human managers, though, it wouldn't work.

Well he could have i wonder if the OP had thought of that it depends on weather he's playing with mates or it's just a huge network game!

Knowing the OP from FML days, I'm 99% certain this will have happened in one of the longest-running clan games, the EUC. I highly doubt there was foul play involved, they all know each other well and have long-established house rules.

And I wouldn't have paid it.

To be more on-topic. When me and my friends play against each other in a network game, we have a few house rules. One of them is that we don't try to buy each other's players. It is not about winning at any cost, so it makes sense to have a few rules when you play competitively. If all the PL clubs are human managers, though, it wouldn't work.

Same here.

Our house rules prohibit making a bid for one of our players or even a contract offer within the last 6 months of their contracts unless the deal was agreed to outside the game in advance.

Knowing the OP from FML days, I'm 99% certain this will have happened in one of the longest-running clan games, the EUC. I highly doubt there was foul play involved, they all know each other well and have long-established house rules.

And I wouldn't have paid it.

its indeed from the EUC we are in our 25th season in game "shameless plug" at present there are 6 human managers at clubs in the EPL Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Southampton, Blackburn. with other manangers in Scotland at Rangers and Celtic. The SPL is second ranked behind the EPL now and infact Partick Thistle contested the CL Final against Man City Season 2037/38. Its hugely competitive and humans will do everything to get one over their counterparts. No one has anywhere near budgets of 750m thats a myth, and some of the sugar daddy chairman have moved on Man City etc. But stadiums are big. All the humans try and get balance of developing youth and buying the best players. The rank in the HOF is the ultimate goal and bragging rights ensue. I was the southampton manager who had developed the above striker and had no intention to sell. The other manager wanted the striker and had had bids of 150. 160.170.180 refused before the magic number of 200m was accepted. It was a mix of "I will take your best players because i can" as part of the online environment is taking the **** and getting one over the other human managers and getting a good asset. The online game is a bit cut throat but all is fair in love and war lol

Yeah exactly it's not how much you're paying it's what you have, if the buyer has a £750M transfer budget and he's buying a player for £200M over 48 months installment it's not going to be anywhere near £200M that comes out the budget and will be peanuts to him so i don't really see how someone can say he is or isn't worth that much it is subjective. to this player he maybe worth it but to a guy who spends every single penney of the club possible to get him for £200M and puts the club at financial risk he may not be that's the main point i was making nobody can really say if he's worth it or not it depends on the club that's paying for him and what they have.

Well it would be £50mil a season, for four seasons. Hardly worth it no matter who the player is. You could buy a superstar each season for four seasons. He's good, but tbh, there are tonnes of talented newgens in this game.

However, all of this goes out the window when it's a network game. Not only are all the talented newgens being snapped up by all the human managers, but as the OP said, it gives you bragging rights over the other players if you make big signings.

I'm coming from a single player point of view whereas the actual circumstances are heavily skewed by the network 'rules' and general play.

That many human players is impressive. How does it work? Do you all need to be 'online' at the same time, or advance a week and wait?

Sounds like fun, but for the time differences, eg. Waiting around.

That many human players is impressive. How does it work? Do you all need to be 'online' at the same time, or advance a week and wait?

Sounds like fun, but for the time differences, eg. Waiting around.

there are 11 human managers atm and basically the host puts the server up at a designated time (our official night is 4pm till late on Sundays with other sessions voted in on a majority and host availability). Timers control the pace of the game (30 sec during season 1min during preseason) along with the AC option. Skype and headsets are used as a medium of communication. It works well. If you cant play, well yourASS MAN and holiday settings control your team. :)

its indeed from the EUC we are in our 25th season in game "shameless plug" at present there are 6 human managers at clubs in the EPL Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Southampton, Blackburn. with other manangers in Scotland at Rangers and Celtic. The SPL is second ranked behind the EPL now and infact Partick Thistle contested the CL Final against Man City Season 2037/38. Its hugely competitive and humans will do everything to get one over their counterparts. No one has anywhere near budgets of 750m thats a myth, and some of the sugar daddy chairman have moved on Man City etc. But stadiums are big. All the humans try and get balance of developing youth and buying the best players. The rank in the HOF is the ultimate goal and bragging rights ensue. I was the southampton manager who had developed the above striker and had no intention to sell. The other manager wanted the striker and had had bids of 150. 160.170.180 refused before the magic number of 200m was accepted. It was a mix of "I will take your best players because i can" as part of the online environment is taking the **** and getting one over the other human managers and getting a good asset. The online game is a bit cut throat but all is fair in love and war lol

With these circumstances, it wouldn't make sense to outlaw bidding on each other's players. You made the better deal, though. Make sure you avoid players with less than 9 Bravery/Aggression/Team Work/Natural Fitness in the future. I would gladly have replaced that striker with one who had 15 where he had 17 (which is most key attributes for a poacher), as long as he had 15+ in all four of those. That's how much those are worth in actual matches.

Same here.

Our house rules prohibit making a bid for one of our players or even a contract offer within the last 6 months of their contracts unless the deal was agreed to outside the game in advance.

Having played my first network game with friends i can definitely say that bidding for eachother's players is so much fun. Tapping them up and poaching them as their contracts run down is just part of the shenanigans.

Also, you can help eachother out by doing certain deals, loan or otherwise. I recommend you try this. Outbidding your mate for a coveted player is great.

Having played my first network game with friends i can definitely say that bidding for eachother's players is so much fun. Tapping them up and poaching them as their contracts run down is just part of the shenanigans.

Also, you can help eachother out by doing certain deals, loan or otherwise. I recommend you try this. Outbidding your mate for a coveted player is great.

Oh we often have bidding wars (or, contract wars as it were), but we don't bid for each other's players or try to sign each other's staff. It is cheaper to find players he haven't discovered or overlooked, though - in order to not lose a contract war we often need to give them impressive contracts instead of negotiating them down which we can do if noone else bids.

He could probably find a better striker somewhere else, and so could you, so I see what he did as just trolling. Pretty pointless really.

Oh we often have bidding wars (or, contract wars as it were), but we don't bid for each other's players or try to sign each other's staff. It is cheaper to find players he haven't discovered or overlooked, though - in order to not lose a contract war we often need to give them impressive contracts instead of negotiating them down which we can do if noone else bids.

He could probably find a better striker somewhere else, and so could you, so I see what he did as just trolling. Pretty pointless really.

hehe its all in the banter. i was actually late on due to work and had missed the first hour of the session. When i logged into skype and joined the game, the player concerned pced me in chat and asked "how much for Martinez" "hes looking great i'm taking him" i pulled his profile up in game to realized he was at Liverpool. The cheeky blighter had bought him for 200m in my absence before i logged on and was trolling me in PC :D

hehe its all in the banter. i was actually late on due to work and had missed the first hour of the session. When i logged into skype and joined the game, the player concerned pced me in chat and asked "how much for Martinez" "hes looking great i'm taking him" i pulled his profile up in game to realized he was at Liverpool. The cheeky blighter had bought him for 200m in my absence before i logged on and was trolling me in PC :D

I guess it can be quite fun with "no rules" as well :p

I guess it can be quite fun with "no rules" as well :p

there are rules to keep game simple, ie if you declare in a human job and he gets sacked for example you have to take the job, but tbf everything goes you can bid on staff players etc, you comment on players to upset them etc. Some managers will use download tactics other will do their own thing. Thats what makes the game diverse and interesting as there are absolutely no scruples, and it does work.

Archived