Season Tickets/Prices in long term saves

I'm about 30 seasons into my save in Wales with Carmarthen, we've won the league for almost 20 years running as well as winning the domestic cups most of the time. We've also been Champions League semi finalists 2 out of the past 5 years. Despite this we still seem to be pretty poor in terms of season ticket sales and prices compared to other teams in the league, some of whom have been relegated several times in recent years.

I understand that part of this is down to the 'local population' in the game database, but surely having teams with 10 times the number of season ticket holders after all my success is a bit unrealistic? It's not something that i consider to be ruining my save as i can get on by fine with it like it is but it does bug me as its something i've noticed in the past couple of FM's too.

n0Vwk4q.png

hTpSQif.png

AtiM84v.png

GQhHuei.png

it would be interesting to know how clubs in real life expand on their season ticket sales, year after year. does a teams regular supporters increase with success?

i'd be surprised if it did by that much.

i wonder if, in FM, the amount of supporters for all teams are capped by the population cap?

i mean, in Wales, the population in 2011 was just over 3million (according to google)

there must be around 200 clubs in wales (i'm not counting them all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_Wales) so there's only so many ways you can split 3million into 200 clubs.

obviously, not all 3 million are going to be of an age or pursuasion to go to football matches, so the numbers are going to be significantly less - but still, there's only so many supporters that can go round.

this means that the only way your club can get more Season Ticket Holders, is for them to nick fans from other clubs, or for those fans that didn't bother buying Season Tickets before, to buy them.

it would be interesting to know how clubs in real life expand on their season ticket sales, year after year. does a teams regular supporters increase with success?

i'd be surprised if it did by that much.

i wonder if, in FM, the amount of supporters for all teams are capped by the population cap?

i mean, in Wales, the population in 2011 was just over 3million (according to google)

there must be around 200 clubs in wales (i'm not counting them all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_Wales) so there's only so many ways you can split 3million into 200 clubs.

obviously, not all 3 million are going to be of an age or pursuasion to go to football matches, so the numbers are going to be significantly less - but still, there's only so many supporters that can go round.

this means that the only way your club can get more Season Ticket Holders, is for them to nick fans from other clubs, or for those fans that didn't bother buying Season Tickets before, to buy them.

In real life the kind of success he has had in Europe would increase the amount of supporteers coming to watch him from England?

Out of curiosity, wouldnt they of been able to apply for English competitions like Cardiff and Swansea?

this problem exists in like forever in this game

my small polish club started with like 2€/per ticket and after i won the league like 20 times and the uefa cup and later the champions league the ticket price was like 3,20€/ per ticket or something like that.. where the big clubs in poland have like 6-7-8€ ticket prices and remain in that positions after all this time

There is a wealth rating value for the various towns & cities in FM, if your club is based in a less than affluent area then the board will deduce that a major increase in ticket prices will just price out your supporter base.

There is a wealth rating value for the various towns & cities in FM, if your club is based in a less than affluent area then the board will deduce that a major increase in ticket prices will just price out your supporter base.

Geographically Llanelli is very close to Carmarthen so i doubt there's much difference in wealth, yet their season tickets are twice as much money.

I'd have thought reputation would have played a bigger part seeing as Bangor City have both more season ticket holders and more expensive tickets despite having a 'local' reputation and only having been in the top division for 1 season out of the previous 15.

In real life the kind of success he has had in Europe would increase the amount of supporteers coming to watch him from England?

do you think? i dont believe many English fans would happily drive over to Wales on a regular basis to make a Season Ticket worth while.

they might support them, like there are many manutd supporters in London, but they dont buy Season Tickets.

There is the other issue that irl this kind of success would not happen, FM has never been any good at handling unrealistic user created events but I do not consider that to be a fault of the game.

• 1 year later...

Im playing Football manager 2012 and i have been playing for 20 seasons still my leeds team has one the Premierleague 5 times in a row and have won the euro Champions league 4 in a row but my seasons tickets are still only 16570 and have stadium over 100000 I started at 12000 where teams like barca have over 86000

There is the other issue that irl this kind of success would not happen, FM has never been any good at handling unrealistic user created events but I do not consider that to be a fault of the game.

I agree a bit, eg I wouldn't expect FM's match engine to sensibly simulate football if utterly ridiculous formations and instructions were used (eg playing with no defenders, is that even possible?!).

But SI know that taking tiny clubs to the pinnacle of world football is one of the key things that a good proportion of players try to achieve, so IMO they should try to ensure that the results of doing so are as realistic as possible (not saying they don't, just disagreeing that it's fine if they don't).

Archived