col_nufc1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.png

June 2022.

IlvesresultsJune2022.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJune2022.jpg

We just had the two games in June due to the vast majority of the squad playing in the World cup. Now we are going to have to play catch up as we had got upto six games inhand on most teams in the Veikkausliiga but we are only 8 points behind league leaders Jaro.

Transfers in July 2022.

All three players were brung in on Bosman free transfers. Gennady Yusupov will now become my number 2 goalkeeper, James Ward-Prowse will be used as a squad rotation player and Isidore Benteke will be loaned out to get some first team football.

GennadyYusupovinJuly2022.jpg

JamesWard-ProwseinJuly2022.jpg

IsidoreBentekeinJuly2022.jpg

You're doing well, but hopefully you don't end up having a ton of matches all in one month. That's a lot of games to make up.

Cheers mate, it looks like July and August is going to be when we play catch up, we are playing games every 2-3 days by the looks of it :eek:.

well done sir

Cheers mate.

You must have impressive tactics managing to win the CL with players that are pretty good but nowhere near what I'd normally expect from CL winners.

The tactics I am using are pretty basic to be fair but my first team is full of world class and very good players, this is what I am using at the moment.

Very Rigid

Attacking

Direct Passing

More Expressive

Press More

Zonal Marking

More Roaming

More Cautious Tackling

Crossing Default.

GK Defend

DCR Stopper

DC Cover

DCL Stopper

RM Defensive Winger Attack

LM Defensive Winger Attack

CM Deep Lying Playmaker Defend

CM Deep Lying Playmaker Support

AMC Attacking Midfielder Attack

ST Deep Lying Forward Support/Attack (I am not really happy with this postition yet and am always changing it)

ST Advanced Forward Attack

July 2022.

IlvesresultsJuly2022.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJuly2022.jpg

We have moved upto 3rd place in the Veikkausliiga after a good month for us when we drew one and won five games, we are only one point behind league leaders FC Inter now but we have five games inhand on them and six games inhand on 2nd placed Jaro.

I have signed two players in August, John Hayes joins from Chelsea for £4.6m the English defender was transfer listed and he adds a bit more quality to my backup defenders. Dennis Remmer joins from FC Nordsjaelland for £1.2m, the 15 year old was signed by my Director Of Football Andy Webster and he looks like he could turn out to be a hell of a player as he has 5 star potential.

JohnHayesinAugust2022.jpg

DennisRemmerinAugust2022.jpg

The Champions League draw has been made and this is our group, us, Anderlecht, Inter Milan and Feyenoord. I think this is a tough group but I still think us and Inter Milan will qualify to the knockout round.

ChampionsLeagueGroupGdrawinAugust2022.jpg

August 2022.

IlvesresultsAugust2022.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofAugust2022.jpg

We have beat Tottenham Hotspur in the European Super cup again, we have won the Super cup three times and we have played Spurs every time, strange but true :).

We are top of the Veikkausliiga for the first time this season, we still have a few games inhand on the teams around us but I am very confident that we will not be caught now.

Not bad group, I think you can finish top of the group. Good signings as well :thup:

I think we'll qualify it just depends on the two games between us and Inter Milan really, when I have finished 2nd in the group though I seem to have easier games in the knockout rounds which is strange because the winners of the groups play the teams that finishes second.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Dennis Remmer turns out as he looks quality now at 15 years old, I have just loaned him out to FC Kobenhavn were he will be guaranteed regular first team football in the Danish Superliga and in there Champions League campaign.

Youth Candidates 2022.

As usual we have a load of dross that have come through in the youth intake, I'll still offer most of them contracts though just to sell them next season and make a little profit.

YouthcandidatesinSeptember2022.jpg

September 2022.

IlvesresultsSeptember2022.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeptember2022.jpg

ChampionsLeagueGroupGendofSeptember2022.jpg

We have been crowned champions of the Veikkausliiga again, we really need some of the other teams to get a tycoon takeover as that is going to be the only way I can see that they will be able to give us a challenge.

We destroyed KuPS in the final of the Suomen cup 5-0 and really it could of really should of been by more in the end.

October 2022.

IlvesresultsOctober2022.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigaendofSeason2022.jpg

ChampionsLeagueGroupGendofOctober2022.jpg

We are looking good to qualify from our Champions League group now as we are four points clear of Feyenoord with three games still left to play. We still have to play Inter Milan at the San Siro though so I think if we can draw with them then that's us into the knockout rounds.

End Of Season 2022 Review.

Transfers in 2022.

Cash/Claused Transfers

Loan Deals Part One

Loan Deals Part Two

Free Transfers

Veikkausliiga Table.

IlvesVeikkausliigaendofSeason2022-1.jpg

Veikkausliiga Player Stats.

IlvesVeikkausliigaplayerstatsendofSeason2022.jpg

In The Cups.

Ilves 5-0 KuPS in the Suomen cup final.

Ilves 3-0 KuPS in the Liigacup final.

Ilves 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur in the European Super cup final.

Ilves 4-0 Velez Sarsfield in the FIFA Club World cup final.

We are through to the Champions league 1st round after coming second in our group, we will play Roma.

The Squad.

IlvessquadendofSeason2022.jpg

BoardsetinitialbudgetsinJanuary2023.jpg

Even though we have a nice transfer budget for the forthcoming season I have decided that I will give a lot of the youngsters that I have loaned out the last two to three seasons some game time. A few of them are now Finland internationals and it'll be nice to have some Finnish players in and around the first team squad. So unless a world class player in a position we need becomes available, I will continue signing young players to send out on loan for a few seasons and then hopefully they will be good enough to play for the first team.

Hi,

I just caught up. Impressive career!

You want the Finnish league to top the european rankings: Maybe you can give short updates on how the other finnish teams are performing in Europe? Hopefully they're contributing a bit as well... Also, how is Finland doing? Any EC/WC qualifications?

KUTGW!

Hi,

I just caught up. Impressive career!

You want the Finnish league to top the european rankings: Maybe you can give short updates on how the other finnish teams are performing in Europe? Hopefully they're contributing a bit as well... Also, how is Finland doing? Any EC/WC qualifications?

KUTGW!

Thanks mate,

Yeah I can start doing some updates on the other Finnish teams in Europe, unfortunately it won't last long as they always seem to get knocked out in the qualifying stages.

The Finnish national team are also pretty poor and never seem to get close to qualifying for any of the tournaments but hopefully that will start to change as they are starting to play some of my hot prospects. I actually had the chance to apply the the Finland job two seasons ago when Sixten Bostrom got sacked, Esa Pekonen is currently the man in charge of the national team.

Transfers in January - March 2023.

The three Americans all came on Bosman free transfers and the Finish players all cost £500 compensation fee as I raided FC Honka, all of these players will go into the U19's squad and be made available to loan.

ChrisWoszczynskiinJanuary2023.jpg

ChristianSmithinJanuary2023.jpg

JoseBurnsinJanuary2023.jpg

NikoLeppaneninJanuary2023.jpg

VesaLempineninJanuary2023-1.jpg

VesaTammineninJanuary2023-1.jpg

NiklasKanervainJanuary2023.jpg

TomiHyypiainJanuary2023-1.jpg

JoniTyyskainJanuary2023-1.jpg

Geert Dogan is now our record transfer after arrives from Ajax for his minimum fee release clause of £17m, he will be starting upfront alongside Azael Gomez in what should hopefully be a deadly partnership. Igor Pavlovic joins from Serbian side Crvena Zvezda for £4.4m, he will be a squad rotation player for now but will become a key player when he fufils his potential.

GeertDoganinJanuary2023.jpg

IgorPavlovicinJanuary2023.jpg

January - March 2023.

IlvesresultsJan-March2023.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup2in2023.jpg

We have comfortably beaten Italians AS Roma in the 1st round of the Champions League and we really should of won by a bigger margain in both games as we totally outclassed them all over the pitch. We will now play Spanish side Atletico Madrid in the quater finals next month in what should be a much harder game.

We are also through to another Liigacup final after using more youngsters than ever before, yet we still made it to the final, I think that really tells you all you need to know about the rest of the teams in Finland.

finlandlogo.png

March 2023.

Finland played two friendlies in March against Macedonia and South Korea, they beat Macedonia who are ranked 100 in the world and drew against South Korea who are ranked 42 in the world, so two decent results for Finland who are ranked 76th in the world.

FinlandresultsinMarch2023.jpg

This is the European Championships qualifying group that Finland are in, as you can see they only have one point from a 0-0 draw at Hampden Park against Scotland. The other two games they have played they got beat off Ireland away 3-1 and Albania at home 2-1.

FinlandEuropeanChampionshipsqualifyinggroupendofMarch2023.jpg

YouthfacilitiesupgradedinApril2023.jpg

This is what our facilities are looking like now, everything is looking good except our youth recruitment which is above average and is something the board really need to improve if we are to get the best chance of getting good players in our youth intake. The stadium can't be expanded any more either so we really need to move to another new stadium.

IlvesfacilitiesinApril2023.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

April 2023.

IlvesresultsApril2023.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2023.jpg

I have had a few weeks break from FM as I was starting to lose interest in the game, so hopefully it will have the effect needed.

We have knocked out Spanish side Atletico Madrid in the Champions League quater finals to set up a match against Celtic, in the first leg against the Scottish champions we threw everything apart from the kitchen sink at them but somehow they survived and came away with a goalless draw at Ilves Stadium. I am obviously expecting Celtic to come out fighting in the second leg because if we score one goal then they need to score two goals, if they don't keep eleven men behind the ball in the second leg then I fully expect a comfortable win.

In the Liigacup we smashed PK-35, 6-0 in the final, in what was a one sided game as the scoreline would suggest.

I have tweaked my formation a little bit so we are now playing a 3-5-2 instead of the 3-4-1-2 formation that we had been playing. This is what it looks like at the moment.

Very Fluid

Attacking

Press More

Zonal Marking

More Roaming

More Expressive

More Cautious Tackling

Passing and Crossing on Default.

GK Defend

DCR Stopper

DC Cover

DCL Stopper

RM Defensive Winger Attack

LM Defensive Winger Attack

RCM Central Midfield Support

CM Deep Lying Playmaker Defend

LCM Central Midfield Support

ST Target Man Support

ST Poacher Attack

May 2023.

IlvesresultsMay2023.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofMay2023.jpg

ManchesterCity0-1IlvesChampionsLeaguefinalMay2023.jpg

We beat Celtic 3-1 in the Champions League semi final second leg to set up the final between Manchester City and Ilves.

We have won the Champions League after beating Manchester City 1-0 in the final at Old Trafford, Antti Holmstrom who came through the ranks at Ilves scored the only goal of the game. We really should of won by a bigger margain but I am still happy with a 1-0 win :cool:.

We have won six games out of six in the Veikkausliiga and we haven't conceeded a goal yet :).

EuropeancompetitionrankingsannouncedVeikkausliggadroppedthreeplacesJune2023.jpg

EuropeancompetitionrankingsJune2023.jpg

Some bad news for football in Finland as the Veikkausliiga has dropped three places in the European competitions rankings. The other Finnish clubs really have to step up to the plate now as we can't improve the rankings by ourselves :(.

finlandlogo.png

June 2023.

FinlandresultsinJune2023.jpg

FinlandEuropeanChampionshipsqualifyinggroupendofJune2023.jpg

The Finnish national team are now realistically out of the reckoning to qualify for the European Championships after a win and a loss in June. A Antti Holmstrom hat trick in the Slovakia game was the only real plus that has come out of these games for Finland.

June - July 2023.

GunofinnurSigurdarsoninJuly2023.jpg

JohnSwarbrickinJuly2023.jpg

We have signed two players in July, both of them on Bosman free transfers, first giant Icelandic international Gudfinnur Sigurdarson joins from 2. Bundesliga side Braunschweig and he will be a backup player for us. John Swarbrick joins from Manchester United and the former England U21 player will also be a backup player for us.

IlvesresultsJune-July2023.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJuly2023.jpg

We are still unbeaten in the Veikkausliiga after 19 games and we are already 15 points clear of FC Honka. We lost our chance at finishing the league campaign with a 100% winning record after our draw with KuPS, so now the challenge will be to finish unbeaten at the end of the Veikkausliiga season.

ChampionsLeaguegroupBdrawinAugust2023.jpg

The draw for the Champions League group stages has just been made and we have been given a group that we should easily qualify from. Lyon, Spartak Moscow, PAOK and us make up the group and I fully expect us and Lyon to qualify.

August 2023.

IlvesresultsAugust2023.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofAugust2023.jpg

August was a perfect month for us a we win all four games in the Veikkausliiga, it's looking very likely that we will win our 10th Veikkausliiga title under my management and our 11th Veikkausliiga title in the club's history.

Thin you need to sell players to finish clubs to help the league.
Been a while since I checked in here, and you've made some amazing progress! It'll be tricky getting the Finnish league up to first position though.
Great going again col :thup: Animosama could be right actually, though you may find it difficult to sell some to Finnish clubs as your rep will be miles above the others, worth a go though.

Cheers guys :),

The problem with selling my players to the other Finnish teams is apart from the fact none of them are interested in signing for a Finnish team, none of the Finnish clubs could pay anywhere near my players salaries. I have been sending about 30 of my youth players on loan to the other teams in Finland which is aiding both the players to develop quicker and of course helping the clubs there are on loan to as they are nearly all classed as leading Veikkausliiga players.

Youth Candidates 2023.

No stand out players again for us in our youth intake but I'll still offer all of them contracts as the players with a half a star potential still have the ability to become good Veikkausliiga players and after a few years of loaning them out, I can sell them hopefully for a decent profit.

YouthcandidatesinSeptember2023.jpg

September 2023.

IlvesresultsSeptember2023.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeptember2023.jpg

ChampionsLeaguegroupBendofSeptember2023.jpg

As expected we have won the Veikkausliiga and theres still five games for us to play this season in the league and we have already scored over 100 goals in the Veikkausliiga, which isn't bad going at all :cool:.

We have also won another Suomen cup after beating FC Inter in the final 2-0 in a game where I played a lot of back up players to rest several first team players for the Champions League game against Lyon in our next game.

We have beaten Tottenham Hotspur in the Super cup final yet again, that's four times we have won the Super cup and we have played Spurs in all of them games :eek::D.

You'd think after 4 Europa leagues Spurs would get a crack in the CL by now :D

You'd think so wouldn't you, especially with some of the players they have got in there squad, they have got three World class players worth over £30m each.

finlandlogo.png

September 2023.

FinlandresultsinSeptember2023.jpg

FinlandEuropeanChampionshipsqualifyinggroupendofSeptember2023.jpg

It's now official the Finnish national team are out of the European Championships and the only thing left to be decided is if they can aviod finishing in last place and getting the wooden spoon. Antti Holmstrom is doing everything in his power to try and makes something happen for the Fins but he can't do it by himself.

If the Finland manager gets sacked or walks then I might apply for the job as it'll certainly be a challenge to try and get the Fins to qualify for a major tournament and of course I could give a lot of my young un's some caps.

October 2023.

IlvesresultsOctober2023.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeason2023.jpg

ChampionsLeaguegroupBendofOctober2023.jpg

That's the Veikkausliiga finished now and we have broke a few team and Veikkausliiga records this season, including most team points, games unbeaten and Geert Dogan has broke a few himself as well including the goalscoring record and best average rating.

We are looking good to finish top of our Champions League group as well after another two wins in October, we need four points in the next three games to guarantee us qualification into the knockout rounds.

Ilvessetnewrecordunbeatenfor60gamesinVeikkausliigainOctober2023.jpg

IlvessetnewrecordpointsinVeikkausliigainOctober2023.jpg

GeertDogansetsnewaverageratingrecordinVeikkausliigainOctober2023.jpg

GeertDoganbreaksgoalscoringrecordinVeikkausliigainOctober2023.jpg

finlandlogo.png

October 2023.

FinlandresultsinOctober2023.jpg

FinlandEuropeanChampionshipsqualifyinggroupendofOctober2023.jpg

Oh dear two terrible results for the Finnish national team, first they get hammered at home to Australia in a friendly, then they lose to Slovakia which has resulted in Finland finnishing bottom of group E. The Finnish national team manager isn't under any pressure from the Finnish FA though which is strange after a shocking performance in this campaign.

Archived