FC Ilves - The Lynxes Of Tampere

col_nufc1

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.png

End Of Season 2020 Review.

Transfers in 2020.

Cash/Claused Transfers. Loan Deals. Free Transfers.

How Players On Loan Did.

Veikkausliiga Table.

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofseason2020-1.jpg

Veikkausliiga Player Stats.

IlvesVeikkausliigaplayerstatsendofseason2020.jpg

In The Cups.

Ilves 3-0 JJK in the Suomen cup final.

Ilves 7-0 TPS in the Liigacup final.

We are through to the Champions league 1st round after coming second in our group, we will play Manchester United.

The Squad.

Ilvessquadendofseason2020.jpg

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next season I have decided to try a new formation, I fancy playing with three centre backs so it'll be one of these 3-3-2-2, 3-2-3-2, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, I am thinking of going with a 3-4-1-2.

This is how I would play it, any thoughts on how to improve it.

Very Rigid or Rigid ?

Attacking

Press More

Zonal Marking

More Roaming

Creative Freedom, Tackling, Passing and Crossing all on Default.

GK Defend

DCR Stopper

DC Cover

DCL Stopper

RM Defensive Winger Attack

LM Defensive Winger Attack

CM Deep Lying Playmaker Defend

CM Central Midfield Support

AMC Attack Midfielder Attack

ST Deep Lying Forward Support

ST Advanced Forward Attack

I am not sure but the Deep lying forward and the AMC look similar and I think they are going to clash. I think you should make him a poacher or a target man attack. To put even more pressure on the 2 Cb and therefore giving your AMC more room to operate. I also think you could make the winger close to the CM(d) an attack W(a) to give you more width. The rest looks okay and I think you should make sure those 2 CM are set to do not roam so that the will act as holding midfielders. You don't want to end up in a situation with 1 CM left in the midfielder when you are defending counter attack.It looks okay though, just make sure you get everything right defensively.

I am not sure but the Deep lying forward and the AMC look similar and I think they are going to clash. I think you should make him a poacher or a target man attack. To put even more pressure on the 2 Cb and therefore giving your AMC more room to operate. I also think you could make the winger close to the CM(d) an attack W(a) to give you more width. The rest looks okay and I think you should make sure those 2 CM are set to do not roam so that the will act as holding midfielders. You don't want to end up in a situation with 1 CM left in the midfielder when you are defending counter attack.It looks okay though, just make sure you get everything right defensively.

The forwards and the AMC have been doing quite well in the first few months but I am not sure if that's because our squad is much superior to anything else the Veikkausliiga has to offer. The two defensive wingers have probably been the best players so far this season, defending or going forward it makes me wonder why I haven't used them before, it's my new favourite player role.

Transfers in January - March 2021.

Hugo Insfran joins from Libertad for £3m, the 18 year old will be in and around the first team squad and will be used as a backup player and will play in cup games.

HugoInsfraninJanuary2021.jpg

Willian joins on a Bosman free transfer from Corinthians, he has been loaned out to Veikkausliiga side KuPS to aid his development by playing first team football.

WillianinJanuary2021.jpg

Jorginho Paulista also joins from Corinthians as a Bosman free transfer, he will be a useful backup player as he can play in a number of different positions.

JorginhoPaulistainJanuary2021.jpg

Adam Awford joins from Los Angeles Galaxy on a Bosman free transfer, he has been loaned out to HJK, were he will be a key player for them in there Veikkausliiga campaign.

AdamAwfordinJanuary2021.jpg

Tobias Weber joins as a free agent, the German youngster has been loaned out to Veikkausliiga side KuPS and he will be a key player for them in the

Veikkausliiga.

TobiasWeberinJanuary2021.jpg

Patrick Flenley joins from Arsenal for £1.4m, the winger was transfer listed at the Gunners as he only had 6 months left on his contract there.

PatrickFlenleyinJanuary2021.jpg

Hervin Ongenda joins from PSG for £5.75m, the Frenchman was frozen out of moneybags PSG and was put on the transfer list, he will compete with Leandro Paredas for the Deep Lying Forward role.

HervinOngendainJanuary2021.jpg

January - March 2021.

IlvesresultsJan-March2021.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup3in2021.jpg

We have beaten Manchester United in the Champions League 1st round and our reward for doing that was a tie against Benfica. In the first leg we drew the game although we really should of won it easily but for poor finishing and good goalkeeping.

We are through to another Liigacup final and we will play FC Inter, after using the competition to give as many players game time as I can, instead of playing friendlies.

April 2021.

IlvesresultsApril2021.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2021.jpg

We are through to the Champions League final were we will play Barcelona after beating Benfica and Bayern Munich on the way. It'll be another hard game against the mighty Barca but I feel one which we can win if we play to our best.

We hammered FC Inter in the Liigacup final, we have now won this competition five times in a row.

May 2021.

IlvesresultsMay2021.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofMay2021-1.jpg

Barcelona2-21-3onpensIlvesChampionsLeaguefinalinMay2021.jpg

We have won the Champions League final on penalties after drawing 2-2 with Barcelona after 120 minutes of football. hopefully this will see the Veikkausliiga rise up the rankings in Europe.

We are also through to the final of the Suomen cup after beating our rivals FC Haka, we will play TPS in the final later on in the year.

We have lost our first game in the Veikkausliiga in one and a half years after losing to HJK. I will take the blame for losing that game as I rested my first eleven for the Barcelona game.

Well the formation is making this very easy

It's getting that way in the league sadly :(, I can only hope our success has a knock on effect with the rest of the league. On the upside the top two teams in the Veikkausliiganow qualify for the Champions League group stages :cool:.

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.pngdc-united-logo-300x300.7560316_std.jpg

BoardagreelinkwithDCUnitedinJune2021.jpg

Happy days, Ive been trying to get a American feeder club for two years now and after failed attempts to form a link with the Seattle Sounders, San Jose Earthquakes, New England Revoultion and the Chicago Fire, we have agreed a deal with DC United.

June 2021.

IlvesresultsJune2021-1.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJune2021-1.jpg

Four wins out of four for us in Veikkausliiga in June see's us go two points clear of FC Honka with two games inhand after twelve games this season. I have been tinkering a little bit with the formation we are playing and have tried a 3-4-3 but I think I prefer the 3-4-1-2.

I have agreed to sign about 15 youngsters on Bosman free transfers that will arrive next month, most of them will be getting loaned out with a few of them in the first team squad and the rest will be going in the U19's squad.

All of these transfers were on Bosman free transfers and all of them with the exception of Rupert Hollier and Camilo Sanchez will be classed as players for the future and will be either loaned out, in and around the first team squad or in the U19's squad.

RupertHollierinJuly.jpg

MaximMukhininJuly.jpg

PapaKeitainJuly.jpg

AlexZanetteinJuly.jpg

EliaBocchinoinJuly.jpg

CedricBaroninJuly.jpg

IvanRealinJuly.jpg

SergioPinedainJuly.jpg

Congrats on winning Champions League :cool: Amazing to see how far you've done with them :thup:

Cheers mate :), it's been hard work, spending hours upon hours looking at players to buy and which ones to sell at the right time but it has been worth it in the end.

Have you got any good Finnish players in your team? :D

I had one that came through the academy and he was really coming along but then he damaged his cruciate ligaments and was out for eight months and his attributes took a massive drop, now he is just a back up player :mad::(. I also have another backup forward that had a similiar thing happen to him and now I just keep him for sentimental reasons. I do have a few youngsters out on loan who could become squad players if they fufil there potential.

July 2021.

IlvesresultsJuly2021.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJuly2021.jpg

It's looking increasingly likely that we will be crowned champions for the 8th time as we have increased our lead at the top of the Veikkausliiga to 15 points after a perfect set of results in July.

August 2021.

We have signed two more players in August, first we signed Drazen Vrbnjak from QPR for his minimum fee release clause of £2.5m, he will go straight into the first team alongside Victor Flenley and Wilfried David to hopefully form a defensive wall. Then we signed a player for the future in Sayed Ateya, the Egyptian signs from Zamalek for £850k.

DrazenVrbnjakinAugust.jpg

SayedAteyainAugust.jpg

IlvesresultsAugust2021.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofAugust2021.jpg

We have won the European Super cup after coming from 2-0 down against Spurs to win the game 3-2 and in the end we should of won the match a lot more comfortably.

We have won all our games in the Veikkausliiga in August and even though we aren't champions mathematically yet, I think the only challenge left in the league is to get over 100 goals which will be a Veikkausliiga record.

Youth Candidates Day 2021.

YouthcandidatesinSeptember2021.jpg

Yet again it another poor showing in our youth intake but I think I'll still offer the most of them contracts just to loan them out next season and then hopefully sell them the season after to make a little bit of cash.

September 2021.

IlvesresultsSeptember2021.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeptember2021.jpg

ChampionsLeagueGroupGendofSeptember2021.jpg

We are off to a good start in our Champions League group and have six points out of six after beating both Schalke and Anderlecht to send us top of the group. It looks like us and Lyon will be the two teams that are going to qualify to the knockout stages.

We won the Suomen cup after beating TPS 1-0, somehow they managed to keep the scoreline down after we absolutely battered them.

It's finally official we have won the Veikkausliiga, that's the 8th time we have won the Veikkausliiga under my management of the club and the 9th time in the clubs history.

looking good

Thanks mate, hopefully it won't be long before one of my goals is complete.

What else I want to achieve from this save:

Become the number one ranked team in the World.

The Veikkausliiga to become the best league in the World.

To beat Real Madrid's record of 11 Champions league trophies, we have 3.

To become the best manager ever in World football, I am currently 15th.

October 2021.

IlvesresultsOctober2021.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeason2021.jpg

ChampionsLeagueGroupGendofOctober2021.jpg

I decided to give some of the fringe players a game against Lyon in the Champions League and what a mistake that turned out to be from me, as we lost 5-0 in what I think is my biggest ever defeat as the Ilves manager.

The Veikkausliiga campaign has now finished and we broke the record for the number of goals scored in the leagues history by scoring 109 goals in 33 games, not to shabby I don't think.

November - December 2021.

IlvesresultsNovember-December2021.jpg

ChampionsLeagueGroupGendofDecember2021.jpg

We have won the FIFA Club World cup for the 3rd time after beating Al-Hilal (KSA) 6-1 in the final, the Saudi's never really stood a chance of winning this game even though they shocked everyone by beating Flamengo in the semi finals.

I'll do a season review shortly.

I have finally been able to bring in a decent Director Of Football and Head Of Youth Development after all these years. Andy Webster was a free agent and Romeo Jozak comes in from Dinamo.

AndyWebsternewDOFinJanuary2022.jpg

RomeoJozaknewHOYDinJanuary2022.jpg

Nice hopefully you can develop some home grown talent.

We need the youth recruitment upgraded for that to happen, it's still just basic and the option to ask the board to improve it isn't there yet :(.

Transfers In January - March 2022.

The majority of these were free transfers and have only been signed to sell next season and make some profit fot the club. Steffe Schepers was signed from Genk for £3.7m and is one for the future but he will play some games in the first team this season. Oliver Schmidt was the first player signed by my Director Of Football Andy Webster, he joins from Basel for £925k and he has been loaned out to KuPS to get first team football in the Veikkausliiga at 16 years old.

KarrarJassimAbdul-HusseininDecember2021.jpg

SatoruTanakainJanuary2022.jpg

IlvesJapanesestartoboostrevenueinJanuary2022.jpg

ClaudemirinJanuary2022.jpg

SteffeSchepersinJanuary2022.jpg

MattKinginJanuary2022.jpg

BenBilelloinJanuary2022.jpg

OliverSchmidtinJanuary2022.jpg

January - March 2022.

IlvesresultsJan-March2022.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup2in2022.jpg

We have knocked Celtic out of the Champions League in the 1st round and we look like we are going to knock Arsenal out in the quater finals as we beat them 3-0 in the first leg at Ilves Stadium.

We are through to the Liigacup final and we will play KuPS, you wouldn't think that I don't take this competition seriously as we have battered pretty much everyone we've played so far.

Impressive result against Arsenal :thup: What's the club balance now?

Cheers mate, this is what the finances are looking like in May 2022, as you can see we are losing money every season still and we really need another new bigger stadium as the current one can't be expanded anymore and only holds 16650.

IlvesfinancesendofMay2022.jpg

April 2022.

IlvesresultsApril2022.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2022.jpg

IlvessetrecordforLiigacupwinsinApril2022.jpg

We are through to another Champions League final after beating Arsenal in the quater finals and Barcelona in the semi finals, we are playing Manchester United in the final.

We have won the Liigacup for a record 6th time after beating KuPS in the final.

May 2022.

IlvesresultsMay2022.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofMay2022.jpg

We have won the Champions League for the 4th time after beating Manchester United in a close game that could of went either way but lucky for us we scored the only goal of the game.

We are also in the final of the Suomen cup after beating FC Inter after extra time with a weakened side, we are playing KuPS in the final later in the year.

Archived