FC Ilves - The Lynxes Of Tampere

col_nufc1

Hopefulll you start getting some youth players to make things easier of you financially.

The players from my youth intakes have been shockingly poor, hopefully we will get some good ones through sooner rather than later.

Getting to the group should help the countrys rep plus you earnt a good amount of money from it. Another season in the group and you should really start to pull away

We have a very good transfer budget this season £2m which is loads for a Finnish club.

Decent achievement for a Finnish club getting to the group stage and managing a couple of points.

Hopefully we get a easier group this season if we make it that far and we can get a win in the group stage.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.png

IlvesBoardsetinitialbudgetsforseason2016.jpg

IlvesturnproJanuary2016.jpg

At last the board have agreed to make us a professional club and they have also give us a £2.8m transfer budget which is now £2m as I have transfered some of it to the wage budget so I can sign some decent free agents.

January - March 2016.

IlvesresultsJan-March2016.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup2in2016.jpg

We have been knocked out of the Liigacup at the quater final stage after losing to IFK Mariehamn on penalties, after dominating the game we were left rueing poor finishing and good goalkeeping as we were unable to get that elusive goal that would of sent us into the semi finals.

Wow, that's a bit of a squad rebuild :)

I have changed formation from a 3-3-2-2 and 3-2-3-2 to a 4-2-3-1 deep so I need some wingers and creative players added to my squad.

April 2016.

IlvesresultsApril2016.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2016.jpg

BebeendofApril2016.jpg

I was surprised to see former Manchester United winger Bebe was a free agent and was interested in joining us so I snapped him up on a long term deal as he will be a great addition to the squad.

We are through to the Suomen cup semi final after beating Futura and IFK Mariehamn in April. We only played two games in the league and we won one and drew one to start the campaign off unbeaten.

May 2016.

IlvesresultsMay2016.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofMay2016.jpg

We are through to the final of the Suomen cup after beating FC Honka on penalties, we will play HJK in the final later this season.

Three wins and three draws for us in May, keeps our unbeaten run to the of start to the season going but we should really be beating these teams that are parking the bus against us.

Theres a few good youngsters from across Europe that will be free agents July that are interested in joining us, so I really need to try and offload some of the deadwood first to give us a bit more of a wage budget to play around with.

Galindo will be a decent buy :)

Oh how Bebe has fallen. On less than 1k a week now :D

Galindo has been getting loads of assists for us in the advanced playmaker role and Bebe isn't even first choice for us but has done ok when hes been needed.

This should be a successful season. How are the finances ?

At least we aren't in the red anymore but our Champions League money from last season has dwindled after spending some of it on improving training and youth training facilities.

IlvesfinancesendofJuly2016.jpg

Bebe actually looks decent for that level bit surprised he's not first choice :D

He never lets me down when he plays but Nnamdi Oduamadi is first choice and has been scoring for fun from the right wing when he's not injured or on international duty, he seems to be made of glass.

Good players, need a squad bonding holiday though. :D

I've signed a few more free agents during July so a bonding holiday would be very nice indeed :cool:

June - July 2016.

IlvesresultsJune-July2016.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJuly2016.jpg

Apart from our home loss to our title challengers FC Inter it was a good couple of months for us in the Veikkausliiga. It looks like the race for the Veikkausliiga is going to go right to the end of the season as FC Inter are having a great season so far.

In the Champions League we have beaten FC Suduva of Lithuania in the 2nd qualifying round and we are currently leading the tie against BATE in the 3rd qualifying round for the second season in a row.

I have strengthened the squad by signing these six free agents all of them are already or have the potential to be leading Veikkausliiga players.

WilfriedDavidstartofJuly2016.jpg

AzaelGomezstartofJuly2016.jpg

SergeMartinezstartofJuly2016.jpg

ChristodoulosSotirioustartofJuly2016.jpg

MichaelMairendofJuly2016.jpg

MarvinByrneendofJuly2016.jpg

You must have more players than Udinese by now Col :D

I wouldn't mind if we had a takeover with Giampaolo Pozzo becoming the owner then we could become part of his little football family of Udinese, Granada and Watford :cool:

Now that's an improvement in quality.

Yeah we are now probably the best team in the league in terms of quality and the depth of the squad.

August 2016.

IlvesresultsAugust2016.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofAugust2016.jpg

IlveschampionsleaguegroupBdrawinAugust2016.jpg

GustavoMunozstartofAugust2016.jpg

We have made it to the Champions League group stages for the second season in a row and this season's group is a lot easier than last season's, we have to play Lyon, Benfica and one of our parent clubs Club Brugge. I think with a little bit of luck we could finish third and qualify for the Europa League.

We are starting to draw to many games again in the league and we really need to start winning these games or we aren't going to win the league this year.

I have signed another free agent Gustavo Munoz, the Honduran will fight Samuel Galindo and a few others for the starting AMC spot.

Would you say you have a huge squad ?

How big is the first team squad ?

Yeah my squad is huge but a lot of it is deadwood that I can't sell or loan out, I think I might just have to pay compensation and release some of them at the end of the season.

Theres no reserve team football in Finland just the first team and the U19's so I would say we have about 40 players in the first team squad with some of them put in the U19's to try and make them unhappy and want to leave the club.

Youth Intake Day 2016.

This has been the best youth intake since I have been at FC Ilves and theres a few players that will be getting contracts from us.

IlvesYouthintakeendofSeptember2016.jpg

The best player from this youth intake and any youth intake for that matter is striker Antti Holmstrom who has the potential to become a leading Veikkausliiga player in the future. He current ability is a leading Ykkonen player so he will get some first team games this season to aid his potential.

AnttiHolmstromendofSeptember2016.jpg

Does Finland have b-teams like what you would have in Spain, Germany, Ukraine etc. ?

No B teams, all we have is the first team and the U19's which is a shame but we could loan young players out to our feeder clubs in the Ykkonen.

Antti looks good except for his strength which is really bad but at least he is versatile.He has really good dribbling and could be used as an inside forward.
Yeah that's were I will be playing him until his attributes get a bit of a boost.

September 2016.

IlvesresultsSeptember2016.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeptember2016.jpg

IlveschampionsleaguegroupBendofSeptember2016.jpg

It's not a good start to our Champions League group, first we lose 3-0 to Benfica at the Estadio Da Luz and then getting hammered off Lyon 6-2 at home to a inspired peformance from Alexandre Lacazette who netted five against us.

We have added the Suomen cup to our trophy cabinet after rather easily beating HJK 3-0 in the final and to be fair HJK were lucky it was only the three that we scored as it could of been a lot worse for them.

We are top of the league but we are only one point clear of FC Inter with four games still to play. We are the draw experts this season which is something I will need to address for next season, we have only lost the one game but if we won half the games we had drawn we would be out of sight and be champions a lot earlier.

End Of season 2016 Review.

Transfers in 2016.

Ilvestransfersendofseason2016.jpg

Veikkausliiga Table.

We won the double this season, the Veikkausliiga and the Suomen cup. Fc Inter give us good competition this season and hopefully they can continue to do so over the next few seasons as it will only help Finland in the long run in Europe and of course for the national team which my foreign legion won't help much :D.

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeason2016.jpg

Veikkausliiga Player Stats.

IlvesVeikkausliigaplayerstatsendofSeason2016.jpg

Champions League.

We got to the group stages and finished a respectable 3rd, so we now qualify for the Europa League 1st knockout round, hopefully we will get a decent draw but knowing my luck we'll get Manchester United, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund or Arsenal.

We also broke two Champions League records, the most goals in the competion 31 and Antti Holmstrom broke the record for the youngest ever goalscorer aged 16 and 357 days.

IlveschampionsleaguegroupBendofNovember2016.jpg

IlvesHolmstrombreakyoungestscorerforIlvesandanewchampionsleaguerecordNovember2016.jpg

IlvessetchampionsleaguerecordforgoalsscoredendofSeason2016.jpg

The Squad.

IlvessquadendofSeason2016.jpg

I'm guessing you've won the league :D Some handy wins in the CL after a bad start, must be enough for a Europa spot after Christmas at worst surely? Handy bit of extra cash too :thup:

Yep we won our third Veikkausliiga, we missed out on 2nd place in the champions league by one point :( but we are in the Europa League. We really need to rent or build a new stadium as our 5k capacity is starting to really hold us back and if it wasn't for the Champions League cash we would be hemorrhaging money.

Transfers.

Yet again all these transfers have been free agents. I really happy that we have managed to sign Joni Rintala who topped the goalscoring charts in the Veikkausliiga last season with 19 goals in 24 games.

JoniRintalainfifthseason.jpg

FredrikLundberginfifthseason.jpg

ViliSiirtolainfifthseason.jpg

MartinAubeinfifthseason.jpg

AxelRamirezinfifthseason.jpg

MarvinKalalainfifthseason.jpg

CedricLaurentinfifthseason.jpg

DarioOrfeiinfifthseason.jpg

CarloFerranteinfifthseason.jpg

JoseAngelCavazosinfifthseason.jpg

LeeAddyinfifthseason.jpg

Finally some good youth players to come in the distant future.

Did you ask for a junior coaching upgrade too ?

We already have exceptional junior coaching so hopefully we can start producing more players like Antti Holmstrom who has improved quite a bit with match time and tutoring.

That's a huge overhaul.

We need to keep improving our players each season so that we can do better in European competitions and the only way to do that is by signing better players each season.

January - March 2017.

IlvesresultsJan-March2017.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup2in2017.jpg

We have played four games/two ties in the Europa League, we beat Shakhtar Donetsk in the first knockout round and then Manchester United knocked us out in the second round.

We are through to the Liigacup final and if we win, it will be the first time FC Ilves has won the competition, we play FC Inter in the final so it should be a close game against the team that finished 2nd in the league last season.

The board have announced plans to build a new staduim, have a guess what it's called, yep thats right the Ilves Stadium. I am a dissapointed that the stadium capacity is only 8325, I don't see the point when our current stadium holds 5000 albeit that it's rented.

IlvesboardannounceplansfornewstadiumMarch2017.jpg

Would have been nice to build at least a 10,000 capacity stadium. But at least you'll own it.

Yeah I was hoping for at least a 10000 capacity but hopefully they will expand it if we continue to do well.

What level are the youth facilities at after the upgrade ?

Well atleast you own it as cerud said and you can actually expand it now. Also you definitely need a big stadium to compete in Europe.

At the moment both training and the youth training are good, junior coaching is exceptional and our youth recruitment is average.

Yeah hopefully they will expand our new stadium as we use a different stadium for champions league matches which holds 16810 so its a big drop.

April 2017.

IlvesresultsApril2017.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2017.jpg

AldoRinaldistartofApril2017.jpg

We have won the Liigacup beating FC Inter 3-1 in the final, it's the first time the club has won this trophy so it's always nice to add new silverware to the trophy cabinet.

A perfect start to the league campaign with two wins out of two and we have looked good in both matches both attacking and defensively. Last seasons runners up FC Inter have had a shocking start to the season though and sit bottom of the table but it's still early days yet.

I have added young Italian centre back Aldo Rinaldi who will provide good back up, he was also a free agent.

The takeover talks have now started and if sucessful he will wipe the clubs debts, the only debts we have is the bank loan for our new stadium which is getting built, so I hope it goes through.

IlvesdirectorsenforcetransferembargostartofMay2017.jpg

IlvesintakeovertalksstartofMay2017.jpg

Don't be sad your are going to get bought by someone. Since you chairman wants to leave you are bound to be sold to someone.

I am hoping for a tycoon takeover now :cool:, just to boost the clubs reputation and possibly the leagues reputation ? as the Veikkausliiga is still classed as a worse competition than League One :o

Archived