Sports Interactive Community
col_nufc1

FC Ilves - The Lynxes Of Tampere

I am doing the Gundo Challenge were you try to take a previously unplayable team from the start of the game to win the domestic top league and the European Champions league. The only leagues I have loaded is Finland in accordance with the rules of the challenge and players from top clubs across the World have been loaded.

The squad has one or two good players for this level but hopefully I will be able to bring in some decent free agents to add a bit of quality to the side.

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.png

January - March 2013.

I have only managed to sign these five players and all of them came on free transfers. Dujilo, Tahvanainen and Phelan will all be first teamers and the other two have been signed a squad players. No players have left the club in this transfer window as I want to see who is good enough and will give everyone a fair chance to hopefully shine.

The friendlies games were a mixed bag results wise but I only use them to make sure all the squad are match fit for the start of our league campaign.

We have been knocked out of the Suomen cup in the 5th round by a non league side, I thought we were playing a friendly so I had a weakened team out :o.

April - June 2013.

ilvesresultsapriljune20.jpg

ilvesykkonentableendofj.jpg

This looks like it is going to be a very close league with only three points separating eight teams after the first eleven games of the season. I know it's early days but I haven't seen anything like this before and with only the champions getting promoted to the Veikkausliiga it's going to be tight.

My new signings Timo Tahvanainen, Mate Dujilo and Pat Phelan have been the standout players for us this season and they really should be plaing at a higher level than this but I am not complaining.

Love the badge :D
Me too, that's the reason I picked Ilves because the badge is class.

July - August 2013.

2wdqzq0.jpg

wilxzc.jpg

A good couple of months for us has seen us rise to 2nd place in the league and only behind league leaders PK-35 on goal difference. So with only six games left it's still all to play for, with the top four teams all having a chance to become champions this season.

The bad news is that our star winger Timo Tahvanainen will probably miss the rest of the season with a torn hamstring that he picked up in our 2-1 loss to SJK at the start of July.

September - October 2013.

211use8.jpg

A great couple of months for us that sees us win five out of our last six games to end the season. Kalle Multanen was on fire as he scored five goals in the last six games to end the season as our top goalscorer.

I'll do a end of season update later.

End Of Season 2013 Review.

In my first season in charge of Ilves, we finish the season as champions of the Ykkonen and have now been promoted to Finland's top divison the Veikkausliiga. To be honest it was a pretty poor league standard when the champions lose eight games and still win the title by five points.

15hzb4g.jpg

The Squad.

The standout players for us this season have been our two centre backs Pat Phelan and Mate Dujilo and our top scorer Kalle Multanen. I would of also said our winger Timo Tahvanainen as well but injury cut short his season and he only ended up playing thirteen games for us.

vwvrds.jpg

The Future.

I have signed a new two year contract with the club and hopefully in that time I can keep the club in the Veikkausliiga.

30c29lc.jpg

We will need a clearout and I am hoping that some of free agents that are of a good standard will want to join us next season. Unfortunately our best full back Heikki Aho is leaving the club on a Bosman after he rejected our offer in favour of Veikkausliiga champions FC Honka.

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.pngqpr_415x275.jpg

We have announced a link with Championship side QPR which will let us loan some of there players without having to pay any wages. It also gives QPR the first option to buy our players.

k1tbw9.jpg

January - March 2014.

r2jl8m.jpg

1fhhmh.jpg

We started the season off playing in the Liigacup which starts off in a group stage, were the top two teams qualify for the next round and the best placed teams that finished in 3rd place have a playoff group. After winning our group we had to rely on penalties in the quater finals against IFK Mariehamn, we then had a tough semi final against Veikkausliiga champions FC Honka were we put up a good fight before getting beat on penalties.

I am getting annoyed at a lot of the players released by the Finnish clubs not even wanting to talk to us, there free agents FFS :mad::mad::(

April 2014.

ivwtag.jpg

2gvol88.jpg

With only two games in the league to play in April we make a good start and take 4 points out of a possible 6 including a super 1-1 draw at current champions FC Honka.

We are also through to the next round of the Suomen cup after beating HJK for the second time this month, they must be sick of playing us already :lol::lol::D

May 2014.

2mzikxw.jpg

oupapy.jpg

We started this month off with two wins and then had three defeats in a row in the league.

We are through to the Suomen cup final after beating MYPA and FC Honka this month, we will play JJK in the final in September.

June - July2014.

33yhr9t.jpg

34dihc8.jpg

We have played really well in June and July and for these last few weeks we were actually top of the league until we lost our last game against RoPS which has seen us drop down to third place.

How are your finances ?

Not great and we are constantly in the red

31318pf.jpg

Great work getting silverware so quickly.

It's always nice to get some silverware in the trophy cabinet :)

August 2014.

w1zkw6.jpg

mu7lw.jpg

A perfect month for us as we win six league games out of six to go back to the top of the table by four points and also with a game inhand on our rivals coming towards the end of the season.

2irql3d.jpg

I managed to sign another centre back who has been a free agent since the start of the season. Babacar Diallo should be a good player for us for a good few years.

Also doing a Finland save over in LLM. It's a lot of fun. The really really really broad definition of an EU national makes things a lot easier as Finnish players playing in Finland are pretty much crap through and through. KUTGW, my Finnish brother.

Well you definately need european football to het some money

Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later, although saying that we would get knocked out in the qualifying rounds so we wouldn't make that much anyway.

Also doing a Finland save over in LLM. It's a lot of fun. The really really really broad definition of an EU national makes things a lot easier as Finnish players playing in Finland are pretty much crap through and through. KUTGW, my Finnish brother.

Cheers mate, I was certainly pleasantly surpised to see how relaxed the rules were for countries classed as a EU member, it's pretty much anywhere in the world :D

September 2014.

34j23xt.jpg

66wwba.jpg

We are now five points clear with a game inhand on KuPS, so it's looking good for us with four games left to play in the Veikkausliiga.

We have picked up our first major trophy by winning the Suomen cup (the Finnish FA cup) after beating JJK 3-1 in a one sided game were we really should of scored more goals against them.

The board has finally agreed to one of my demands and have increased our junior coaching :)

2i3n9u.jpg

October 2014.

34f1so4.jpg

We finish the season off unbeaten in October and were scoring goals for fun in the last three league games.

I'll do a season update either later on tonight or sometime over the weekend.

End Of Season 2014 Review.

FC Ilves do the double of winning the Veikkausliiga and Suomen cup in a brilliant season for us considering our squad is probably one of if not the worst squad in the league.

358xrav.jpg

The Squad.

9pvxgn.jpg

The Future.

Hopefully our reputation has increased a bit after doing the league and cup double and some of the better players released from clubs in the Veikkausliiga will now want to join us.

I have also agreed a new two year extension to my contract with FC Ilves that will keep me at the club until November 2017.

n49xq8.jpg

How are the finances ?

Still not very good and we really need to start making some cash fast.

n1tfus.jpg

Amazing start Col :thup: To win both divisions in 2 seasons is some going considering for that level there are a few handy sides in there.

Cheers mate, with the board I have got I don't think I'll be competing for the title this year as for the third season in a row we have been given no money to spend on new players and the wage budget hasn't gone up either :(.

January - March 2015.

IlvesresultsJan-March2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup2in2015.jpg

I used the Liigacup as a chance to try out different formations and players, much like I do in friendly games hence our poor performance in it. I have decided to try 3-3-2-2 and 3-2-3-2 formations this season as it's something Ive never tried before and quite like the shape of both formations.

A weakened side struggled to overcome non league FC Blackbird (quality name) in the 5th round of the Suomen cup and I was far from happy with the performance of our backup players.

April 2015.

IlvesresultsApril2015.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2015.jpg

We are through to the Suomen cup semi final after playing in the 6th, 7th and quater finals in April, we play FC Honka in the semis.

We only had the one league game in April which was a boring 1-0 home win over IFK Mariehamn which saw new signing Santeri Ahola score his first goal for the club.

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.pngClub_Brugge_KV.png

We have announced a link with Club Brugge to be able to send players on loan to us without us paying there wages, it also gives the Belgian side the first option on our players.

IlvesampClubBruggeannouncelink.jpg

May - July 2015.

IlvesresultsMay-July2015.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJuly2015.jpg

We have been knocked out of the Suomen cup at the semi final stage after losing 2-0 against FC Honka, so we won't be doing the double this season.

We are top of the league by just the one point but our lack of a cutting edge upfront is really starting to concern me at the moment, we are relying on our defence to keep clean sheet after clean sheet which they can't do every game. Hopefully when we get the champions league money soon the board will give me some cash to splash so I can remedy our toothless attack.

Just about edging it, you do seem to need a goal scorer as you say. I was having the same problems in Denmark for the first few years and it is hard work relying on the defence all the time. Hopefully you can make the group of the CL and continue to top the league. It's always very difficult to juggle both when you've not had the time to build a squad like you haven't.

Just about edging it, you do seem to need a goal scorer as you say. I was having the same problems in Denmark for the first few years and it is hard work relying on the defence all the time. Hopefully you can make the group of the CL and continue to top the league. It's always very difficult to juggle both when you've not had the time to build a squad like you haven't.

Even if the board do give us some money to spend theres nobody that wants to join us that would improve the side, hopefully if we make the group stages of the champions league it will give us a boost in our club reputation.

It's hard work trying to getting a fit team on the pitch at the minute with all these cup games and champions league qualifiers and of course our league games, I am having to rely on players starting games at only 80% match fit.

It's hard work trying to getting a fit team on the pitch at the minute with all these cup games and champions league qualifiers and of course our league games, I am having to rely on players starting games at only 80% match fit.

I have a huge squad to try and field a fit XI each game. The fixture congestion is a large part of that. That and me being able to sign only AML that are made of glass, apparently.

I have a huge squad to try and field a fit XI each game. The fixture congestion is a large part of that. That and me being able to sign only AML that are made of glass, apparently.

We've only got a £4.78k wage budget so I can't build a big squad yet but hopefully it will be increased soon with my champions league money which the board refuse to use on any of my requests.

August 2015.

IlvesresultsAugust2015.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofAugust2015.jpg

IlveschampionsleaguegroupHdrawinAugust2015.jpg

Ilvesgivenpound747mforplayinginchampionsleaguegroupstagesinAugust2015.jpg

We are through to the Champions league group stage after beating BATE on the away goals rule :D. Our reward for getting to the group stages is a group containing Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur and Sporting Lisborn so a nice easy group that we should qualify from :p.

The chairman will be happy with the £7.47m we will recieve for playing in the group stages but I bet that I don't see any of it though.

We are third in the league with 3 games inhand on current league leaders FC Honka and are 7 points behind them so we could still overtake them if we win our games inhand.

MYPA have just offered me the managers job.

Look at the lovely wage budget and transfer budget, it's still getting rejected though :).

MYPAjobofferendofAugust2015.jpg

September 2015.

IlvesresultsSeptember2015.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeptember2015.jpg

IlveschampionsleaguegroupHendofSeptember2015.jpg

We had a superb result at the Camp Nou by drawing 0-0 with the Catalan giants Barcelona in there own back yard, in a game were we restricted them to very little shots wise but they had 74% of the possession but just couldn't do anything with it.

Then we came back down to earth with a 4-0 loss at home against a Gareth Bale inspired Spurs side, with the Welsh wizard in unplayable form against us.

We have closed the gap to 2 points at the top of the table and we still have two games inhand on FC Honka. Our goalscoring problems are still worrying me though, we have played 27 games and we have only scored 31 goals thats relegation form attacking wise and it's just as well our defence has been pretty solid this season so far.

Finally the board have agreed to some of my requests at long last :D

plannedtrainingfacilitiesupgradeOctober2015.jpg

plannedyouthtrainingfacilitiesupgradeOctober2015.jpg

juniorcoachingupgradeOctober2015.jpg

October 2015.

IlvesresultsOctober2015.jpg

The league campaign is now finished and it's just our Champions League group matches to play, I''ll do a season review after I have played our last game in Europe.

November - December 2015.

RichardEdwardsinthirdseason.jpg

IlvesresultsNovember-December2015.jpg

I have signed free agent Richard Edwards. Thats the season finished now I'll do a season review shortly.

End Of season 2015 Review.

Veikkausliiga Table.

We have won the Veikkausliiga for the second season in a row despite having a really poor season attacking wise and it's something I will have to try and sort out for next season. The big plus for us was that we were hard to beat domestically due to our strong defence.

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofseason2015.jpg

Veikkausliiga Player Stats.

IlvesplayerstatsinVeikkausliigaendofseason2015.jpg

Champions League.

We did a lot better than was expected of us by reaching the Champions League group stages in our first season in Europe and even though we didn't manage to score a goal in the group stage we had two great draws against Barcelona and Sporting Lisborn.

IlveschampionsleaguegroupHendofDecember2015.jpg

The Squad.

We need the board to back us next season so I can add both quality and depth to a squad that has become depleted by me releasing quite a few players after deciding not to renew there contracts. Top of the list are strikers, wingers and creative midfielders as I am going to scrap the 3-3-2-2 and 3-2-3-2 formations I have been playing this season in favour of a more attacking formation.

Ilvessquadendofseason2015.jpg

Getting to the group should help the countrys rep plus you earnt a good amount of money from it. Another season in the group and you should really start to pull away

Decent achievement for a Finnish club getting to the group stage and managing a couple of points.