Dave's Mad Dash Across the World

Vipertitan

hi After finally buying a new pc with more ram and data issues fixed and all sorted i can finally get down to trying a proper thread for you guys as my other ones seams to die all the time with the errors etc..

Introduction

hi and welcome to my thread, After reading Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud. and The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.. I was left speechless at how good these guys were at this game so i wanted to try and give this one more shot on my new pc.

Game set up

with this save this was what i went for Game Set up1.

Manager Profile.

started off unemployed went on holiday for season to generate my team that i will start out with.

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata

120px-Maccabi_Org_Logo_zps796ccbb8.png

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata

he club was originally based in Acre and named Maccabi Acre. In the 1989-90 season they won the North Division of Liga Alef (then the third division) to win promotion to Liga Artzit. At the end of the 1993-94 season they were relegated back to Liga Alef after finishing second bottom. However, they made an immediate return to the second level. In 1999-2000 they finished third.

In 2000 the club's owner Barukh Ofir decided to move the club to Kiryat Ata (whose previous club, Hapoel Kiryat Ata, had folded) and rename it Maccabi Ironi Kiryat Ata. In the club's first season in its new guise, they were relegated to Liga Artzit (now the third tier). In 2004-05 they finished second from bottom, and were due to be relegated to Liga Alef. However, Maccabi Ramat Amidar left the league and the club were reprieved. The following season they finished third, a place below the promotion places, but in 2006-07 came third from bottom, one place above the relegation zone.

In 2007-08 they finished as runners-up to Hapoel Jerusalem and were promoted back to Liga Leumit. During the same season they also won the Liga Artzit's Toto Cup.

In 2008-09, the club finished bottom and was relegated to Liga Alef, the third tier.

thanks to wiki i got bit information about them the city looks really nice and looks like club has a good history too.

The Stadium

Stadium. 3000 capacity looks fairly poor.

Squad. small but will be bringing in few more players to help out.

Report Squad Depth. squad looks decent to avoid relegation .

I thought you were going to wait three or four seasons?
i was but wanted to start it now as feel its sorted and its been running really good and fast the last few hours done one season all ready that's how i got this team.

• 2 weeks later...

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata - Israeli National League - 2013/14

With a fairly good group players we managed to avoid relegation this season, with a 6 game winning streak near the end of the season we pulled away from the relegation battle.

League Table

League Positions Graph as you can see our form picked up half way threw season and helped us stay up.

Israeli National League Toto Cup - I no idea about this cup competition so was a learning process.

State Cup - we were ok this season got to the qtr finals.

Squad - i not managed here before that i can rember so was new to the players and staff.

wages - I kind went over the budget and the board want me to reduce the wages next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Ben Odran -first choice number once was bit shakey at start season but got much better by end season.

Okocha - his form was to die for scored in nearly every game.

Jonni Cabrera- probably our best defender this season was class.

Or Ben-Hemo- club captain was class.

Lior Dahan -second forward chipped in with few goals..

Career Overview

Season   country  League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Holiday year 
2013/14   Israel   National League   9th       none

Next Season

learn from mistakes and try and do bit better

• 2 weeks later...

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata - Israeli National League - 2014/15

With a fairly average squad this term round we started off OK but then our form was bit shocking and we found Ourself's battling to avoid relegation.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Our goalkeepers let us down this season and he was shocking.

Israeli National League Toto Cup - did not really expect to get to the final and win this cup but always nice when you win something.

State Cup - we were ok this season got to the 9th round this year around.

Squad - I thought we had a decent squad but rebuilding the team needs doing next season as we need cover.

wages - I kind went over the budget again and want me to sell few players to reduce the cost.

Key Player Profiles:

Ben Odran -first choice number one had a shocking season hope for improvement the coming season.

Okocha - had few injuries this season but still got few goals.

Yoni Revivo- One of my new players and looks really good was impressed by him this season.

Merlin Tandjigora- my rock in midfield was a joy to watch.

Rami Halis -Full back had good season my first choice.

Career Overview

Season   country  League          Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Israel  Holiday year 
2014/15   Israel   National League   12th      National League Toto Cup winners

next Season

Try and improve the goalkeepers and defenders, and try and win some more cup games.

At least you won some silverware :) Hopefully you can strengthen your back end and challenge next year.
thanks i been getting rid of the deadwood in the team and looking for new player to try and improve.

Some silverware is always good, hopefully you can use that bit of success to spur you on for a higher league finish next season :thup:
hopefully that will bring in the the players i want that we won some silverware :thup:

No you are gonna end up with the typical england save. So stay in the middle east and to do something unique.

I agree with this tbh, would be a better read if you stayed at Maccabi for a few more seasons yet, or at least stay in Israel for a bit. You've got a trophy to your name already and was looking forward to see how you'd build on that success.

No you are gonna end up with the typical england save. So stay in the middle east and to do something unique.
yea ill stay try win the premiership with Maccabi and few more cups before i go i think thanks.

I agree with this tbh, would be a better read if you stayed at Maccabi for a few more seasons yet, or at least stay in Israel for a bit. You've got a trophy to your name already and was looking forward to see how you'd build on that success.
no bother i decided to stay put like.

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata - Israeli National League - 2015/16

This was a tough season this season we managed to avoid relegation on last day of the season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

we we ok in few games this season just lacking constancy.

Israeli state cup -after wining the national cup wanted to win this this year.

Israeli National League Toto Cup - we wereshocking in this this year around.

Squad - Its got to be rebuild this season as squad is simply not good for the league or cups.

wages - Im still spending to much on players wages so i have been ordered to reduce the budget or be sacked.

Key Player Profiles:

Itzhak Mizrahi -first choice number one had good season so to say

Okocha - he getting old but still scoring loads goals.

Ziv Solomovich- One stars of the in the middle of the park he was a joy to watch.

Merlin Tandjigora- my rock in midfield wants to leave hope i can keep him this season.

Luis Arrieta -Spanish winger was slightly disappointing this season.

Career Overview

2015/16   Israel   National League   11th       none

Shame it took until the last day to avoid relegation but at least you managed it in the end. 3 straight years there now is a good achievement as these types of unknown leagues are hard to get to know players that you may have been able to line up at a bigger nation ect; If I remember right the foreigner rule is pretty strict there too which make bringing players in a bit tougher too.

Shame it took until the last day to avoid relegation but at least you managed it in the end. 3 straight years there now is a good achievement as these types of unknown leagues are hard to get to know players that you may have been able to line up at a bigger nation ect; If I remember right the foreigner rule is pretty strict there too which make bringing players in a bit tougher too.
its 3 foreigners only in your starting XI witch is not fair to be honest few my best players are from diffident part of the world

• 2 weeks later...

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata - Israeli National League - 2016/17

The season started off well but in end just proves that we were not as good as we thought we were we manged to avoid relegation again this year.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Our squad was not good for cover for key players think that was key to our dip in form.

Israeli state cup - was looking forward to long cup run but only on game.

Israeli National League Toto Cup -got a good cup run here got to the qtr final and got beat 1-0.

Squad - Its got to be lot better this season come like we were struggling with injuries to key players.

Finances- we had a take over the back end of the year so hopefully they will help me devlope the squad a bit more.

Key Player Profiles:

Itzhak Mizrahi -first choice number one had good season lost him for few weeks due to virus. but came back even stronger.

Okocha - hewas top scorer yet again do not know what i do when he decide to hang his boots up.

Daniel Frenkel- One my new players was soild all season could not find any faults wit him.

Luis Arrieta- his crossing and creativity was a joy he was class.

Roy Luzon -he was my second new signing he scored few goals this season and created loads too.

Career Overview

2016/17   Israel   National League   12th       none

next season

so for next season i want to try and rebuild squad so we can challenge for something and start developing the youth team to which i have never managed to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata - Israeli National League - 2017/18

This season was so much better than past few seasons, decided to try few different tactics early on in the season,which to be fair i think let me down

League Table

League Positions Graph

as you can see by the teams form we were shocking early on in the season.

results1

results2

we had few good games this season and few bad ones need to be more consistent.

Israeli state cup -this year we had a good campaign in this compotition we got all the way to the semi finals playing H. Be'er-Sheva and got beat 1-0 after extra time.

Israeli National League Toto Cup

we were poor in this competition we ended up finishing bottom of the table.

Squad - so much better than previous years better group players this time around.

transfers - for got post about suad buys and sells beforse so here are this seasons.

Finances-still spending too much on players wages board want me to try and reduce this.

Key Player Profiles:

Luis Arrieta- decided to play him up front this season and was a joy to watch.

Ofer Weizman- One my youth players i bought up from the under 19s and was class formed a good partnership with Arrieta.

Rei -he was the creative force in my midfiled looking forward to him play next season.

Patrick -he was the worst player i have ever signed he was really bad like.

Career Overview

2017/18   Israel   National League   6th       State Cup Semifinalist

next season

Aims for next season try go have a decent cup run in National League Toto Cup, and also in the state cup, try improve on this season finish

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata - Israeli National League - 2018-19

this season was a grate success for us after being tipped to struggle for relegation we were challenging for cups and promotion.

League Table

League Positions Graph

we were outstanding all season was really surprised at how well we played this year.

Israeli state cup after going to semis last year i want to go one better and win this but we never did.

Israeli National League Toto Cup we went all the way and won this compitition.

Squad - so the squad was tiped to be relegation battlers we showed everyone and had a really good squad.

transfers - this year decided to have a clear out and buy one player in.

Finances-still bit poor but getting better.

Key Player Profiles:

Casper Højer- came in late in the season had soild spell in first team.

Roy Luzon- Forgot how good this player was he managed to chip in with few goals this season.

Rei -he was slightly disopinting this season had few injuries and could not force his was back into the team untill later in the year.

Idan Srur -he quite good player this year lost out due to being injuired.

Career Overview

2018/19   Israel   National League   1st       Champions, National League Toto Cup winners 

next season

my aims for next season are to avoid relegation and try have some fun maybe even win few games.

Well done on promotion after a few difficult seasons, best of luck next year :thup:
thanks bud sorry for delays been really busy at work loads on so hardly any footy manager time but off 4 week soon so can catch up with the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata - Israeli Premier League - 2019-20

this was our first season in the top flight and to be honest i was expecting to be a really hard season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

as you can see we had avoid relegation finishing quite well up the league table.

Israeli state cup Enterted in the 8th round put out in the 8th round.

Israeli Premier League Toto Cup wegot to the quatar final this year did ok this season.

Squad - so starting to rebuild the team and kind payed off.

transfers - this year decided to have a clear out and buy one player in.

Finances-still not grate but getting better.

Key Player Profiles:

Casper Højer- came in late last season this season he was the rock in my team superb.

Yacine Si Salem- bought in this year as back up forward was quite good.

Ali Mahajne - had good partnership at the back with Cadu.

Itzhak Mizrahi -he still my first choice goalkeeper.

Career Overview

2018/19   Israel   National League   1st       Champions, National League Toto Cup winners 
2019/20   Israel  Premier League   8th      none

next season

learn from mistakes and try do bit much better

BRAKING NEWS

i resigned as manager after i applied for a new job after the board were not willing to invest the money we had in bank to the youth team so i'm currently looking for new club,will post when i get new one.

Dover Athletic

so with me quitting as Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata Dover Athletic came in with a decent offer for me to become there manager so i took it.

here is

squad list

club information, can see this being a long tough season for us being prodicted to finish in 16th place can we go one better and finish higher.

Big shame you left Maccabi, another couple of season and you could've been in European competition and Israel is somewhere completely different, and now you've gone from potential Europe contenders to mid-table Blue Square South, not sure if it was the right decision, but good luck anyway.

Big shame you left Maccabi, another couple of season and you could've been in European competition and Israel is somewhere completely different, and now you've gone from potential Europe contenders to mid-table Blue Square South, not sure if it was the right decision, but good luck anyway.
thanks bud yea i was thinking that but want to rebuild the youth system here so thought would be good move.

• 2 weeks later...

Dover Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2020-21

so started my first season with dover with fairly ok season yeah we were relegation battlers but, the squad played really good football.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Fa Trophy rotated squad in this, to see what my other players were like.

Fa cup- thought we did ok in this compitition.

Squad - so new squad still bit small but need to invest.

transfers - new staff time to rebuild the team.

Finances-so wanted team with decent cash flow or bit better that what i had because i wanted to try rebuild the youth team.

Key Player Profiles:

Jack Difante-was not grate bud played well.

Ben May- was top scorer had good season.

Neil Hallam -he was soild in my midfield.

Career Overview

Season   country   club                     League          Position    Achievements
2012/13    Israel    Holiday year 
2013/14   Israel  Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata National League   9th       none
2014/15   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   12th      National League Toto Cup winners
2015/16   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   11th       none
2016/17   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   12th       none
2017/18   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   6th       State Cup Semifinalist
2018/19   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   1st       Champions, National League Toto Cup winners 
2019/20   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  Premier League     8th      none
2020/21   England Dover Athletic         Blue Square Bet South    19th none  

End season report-seamed to be pleased with my performance .

next season

try enjoy the season win a cup maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Dover Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2021-22

after narrowly managing to avoid relegation last season, we were looking to do bit better but we never did.

League Table

League Positions Graph

as you can see we spent most this season in bottom half of the table.

Fa Trophy rotated squad in this, to see what my other players were like.

Fa cup-did well this year got to first round but got beat.

Squad - simply was not good a nuff for this league.

transfers - thought these players would help the team but never did.

Finances-so to get few decent players in wages were stretched and we were struggling to keep up with payments.

Key Player Profiles:

Ricky Banger-was one top scorers of the team.

Neil Hallam- was second top scorer had decent season.

Kenny Amadi- was solid at the back really enjoyed watching him.

Career Overview

Season   country   club                     League          Position    Achievements
2012/13    Israel    Holiday year 
2013/14   Israel  Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata National League   9th       none
2014/15   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   12th      National League Toto Cup winners
2015/16   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   11th       none
2016/17   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   12th       none
2017/18   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   6th       State Cup Semifinalist
2018/19   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  National League   1st       Champions, National League Toto Cup winners 
2019/20   Israel Maccabi Irony Kiryat-Ata  Premier League     8th      none
2020/21   England Dover Athletic         Blue Square Bet South    19th none 
2021/22   England Dover Athletic         Blue Square Bet South    21st Relegated, sacked.  

next season

looking for new club

Archived