TACTIC- 3-1-5-1 Amen 13.3.2 / 13.3.3

Great tactic :-) Really enjoying this game again now that I have this great tatic. Just wanted to add something. If people have problems with strikers not scoring that many goals, making his settings to run from deep to sometimes really did the trick for me.

hope this helps :-)

But that's what you have to do.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi andrefanta, Seems to be a very interesting tactics

Would you please explain more about "complete midfield" and "complete DM"

Which stats are those players required?

Also, would you please recommend potential winger for the tactics, want to try with Arsenal

Thanks in advance man

Complete midfielder? that does everything: good finish, good pass, good tackle, Yaya Touré, Pogba, Rodwell, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Moussa Sissoko,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/ignition/RamiresProfile_Attributes.png this a complete midfielder.

and wingers .. acceleration, pace, crossing, dribbling, off the ball, Decisions, technique, balance, flair, agility.

helped you?

This is my team at the start of the 4th season.

liverpooltacticsovervie.png

As you can see I don't have the strongest of teams but they do really well with this tactic.

you need to change the position of Bernard.

it uses the right foot. and put it where you have to put a left.

and good results .. so there is still some more to be more perfect ..

This is my team at the start of the 4th season.

s you can see I don't have the strongest of teams but they do really well with this tactic.

Did you use this tactic in the 1st season with Liverpool? If you did, what was your starting 11 and if not what starting 11 would you recomend 1st season? Cheers

Did you use this tactic in the 1st season with Liverpool? If you did, what was your starting 11 and if not what starting 11 would you recomend 1st season? Cheers

I used modern warefare tactic in the 1st season and the only person i bought was James Milner in January. I finished 6th in that season.

If using this tactic from the 1st season I would have played GK: Reina, DC: Agger, DC: Skrtel, DC: Coates/Carragher, DMC: Lucas, ML: Downing/Jose Enrique (retrain him to ML), MC: Allen, MC: Henderson, MC: Gerrard, MR: Johnson (retrain him)/Sterling, ST: Suarez/Sturridge/Borini.

Suarez always gets sent off and he is really annoying me now, Borini turns out to be a great striker and I have now started to favour him to Suarez.

JUst to add about Liverpool in the first season, i would recall Danny Wilson from his loan and play him at LCB. He has good concentration and composure and can pass the ball. Also i have found Agger to be a bit of a liability at the back with a difficult personality

Hope this is helpful

JUst to add about Liverpool in the first season, i would recall Danny Wilson from his loan and play him at LCB. He has good concentration and composure and can pass the ball. Also i have found Agger to be a bit of a liability at the back with a difficult personality

Hope this is helpful

I agree about Agger, his performances weren't that great but I now have Davide Astori playing at LCB and he always puts in a great performance. I would recommend signing him for that role no matter who you play as.

andre

I'm just finnishing a season with PSG (with a very strong team, yet with a lot of new players) with a tweaked version of the tactic.

Basically what I did was change the striker's role to advanced forward (much better performances....), and the wingers position to AML and AMR. Just wondering if someone else wants to test it and see how it goes. To me it seems a lot better attacking, and still solid at the back (see goals against in the league!!!).

I'm still to play the CL final against Bayern and one league match. Some pics:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/334137d1366645303-tactic-3-1-5-1-amen-13-3-2-13-3-3-2013-04-22_00001.jpg

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/334138d1366645308-tactic-3-1-5-1-amen-13-3-2-13-3-3-2013-04-22_00002.jpg

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/334139d1366645328-tactic-3-1-5-1-amen-13-3-2-13-3-3-2013-04-22_00004.jpg

andre

I'm just finnishing a season with PSG (with a very strong team, yet with a lot of new players) with a tweaked version of the tactic.

Basically what I did was change the striker's role to advanced forward (much better performances....), and the wingers position to AML and AMR. Just wondering if someone else wants to test it and see how it goes. To me it seems a lot better attacking, and still solid at the back (see goals against in the league!!!).

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/334137d1366645303-tactic-3-1-5-1-amen-13-3-2-13-3-3-2013-04-22_00001.jpg

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/334138d1366645308-tactic-3-1-5-1-amen-13-3-2-13-3-3-2013-04-22_00002.jpg

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/334139d1366645328-tactic-3-1-5-1-amen-13-3-2-13-3-3-2013-04-22_00004.jpg

If you could upload it I'd love to give it a go, Cheers.

Don't need to... just change the striker's role to Advanced Fordward, and move the wingers forward from M L/R to AM L/R positions. As simple as that...

Cheers, I'm just being thick, should have read your post properly haha.

Hope this is helpful

Thanks for the reply's mate. I want to try this with Liverpool but it seems alot of players will need re-positioning like Johnson, Enrique, Coutinho etc. Worth a try though

Thanks for the reply's mate. I want to try this with Liverpool but it seems alot of players will need re-positioning like Johnson, Enrique, Coutinho etc. Worth a try though

I retrained all 3 of those, Coutinho is now a good CM.

I started a new game with this tactic after it failed horribly for me with Arsenal - I let FM pick a random team and go Girona LIGA Adelante, media prediction 15th, transfer budget: 20k, wages: 500k per week. The tactic worked far better and somehow I got them promoted in the first season. My questions is about conceding from wide areas: I let in so many goals from teams who play high wingers who just run down the side of my defence and cross for the opposite winger to score. All my DC's have good pace, acceleration, concentration and composure yet I concede lots of goals. Luckily my midfielders and striker hit back and I win many games 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 and even 5-4 (on 3 occasions)! Whats the secret to stopping these types of goals.

I just sold Enrique and Johnson and got a decent amount of cash. I bought Ayew (LW) and James McCarthy (good finishing for a CM)

I started a new game with this tactic after it failed horribly for me with Arsenal - I let FM pick a random team and go Girona LIGA Adelante, media prediction 15th, transfer budget: 20k, wages: 500k per week. The tactic worked far better and somehow I got them promoted in the first season. My questions is about conceding from wide areas: I let in so many goals from teams who play high wingers who just run down the side of my defence and cross for the opposite winger to score. All my DC's have good pace, acceleration, concentration and composure yet I concede lots of goals. Luckily my midfielders and striker hit back and I win many games 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 and even 5-4 (on 3 occasions)! Whats the secret to stopping these types of goals.

If you chose a team that the average prediction was 15 °. and rose in the first year in a league so difficult as in Spain, and suffered enough goals or earning is so little .. a team low.

maybe if you choose one that had average prediction was 6 ° already improved the goals.

did it right, the CM's are the most important this tactic

You do have good options with Liverpool in this tactic. If you can retrain Countinho to CM you will have options like Gerrard, Shelvey, Countinho, and Allen to play the CM roles with Lucas to play DMC. Recall Wilson from his loan, play him alongside Skrtel and Kelly and your laughing. Keeping Kelly fit might be an issue however but Coates can provide cover if needed.

Ideally in the summer i want to sell Suarez and Agger as both seem to have issues on the game.

Who do you guys think is the ideal striker for this tactic? Money no object!

You do have good options with Liverpool in this tactic. If you can retrain Countinho to CM you will have options like Gerrard, Shelvey, Countinho, and Allen to play the CM roles with Lucas to play DMC. Recall Wilson from his loan, play him alongside Skrtel and Kelly and your laughing. Keeping Kelly fit might be an issue however but Coates can provide cover if needed.

Ideally in the summer i want to sell Suarez and Agger as both seem to have issues on the game.

Who do you guys think is the ideal striker for this tactic? Money no object!

put running the deep. sometimes for the striker

This tactic is simply amazing! After struggling with Portsmouth last year due to being stuck in administration and not being able to sign any1 and only managing to avoid relegation by two points on the last day of the season and finishing 20th I'm now top of the league and have managed to beat Man city in the carling cup first leg of semi finals at home unbelievable!!

This tactic is simply amazing! After struggling with Portsmouth last year due to being stuck in administration and not being able to sign any1 and only managing to avoid relegation by two points on the last day of the season and finishing 20th I'm now top of the league and have managed to beat Man city in the carling cup first leg of semi finals at home unbelievable!!

Very good guy, glad you liked.

if you post some pictures I'm grateful for that.

thank you.

Tried this during my 1st season with Cardiff and brought in a few players to help. Results weren't great and really needed promotion in the 1st season due to crippling financial trouble so ditched it and went with Arrigo Sacchi's 442 which had worked for me before.

Managed promotion and have started the new season with your tactic and will hopefully use it all season unless results become that bad that we are near relegation at Christmas.

Pre-season has been very good, winning every game except one, and having 20 shots a game but the real test starts next week when the real season gets underway.

I'll post back on here with results, etc

Tried this during my 1st season with Cardiff and brought in a few players to help. Results weren't great and really needed promotion in the 1st season due to crippling financial trouble so ditched it and went with Arrigo Sacchi's 442 which had worked for me before.

Managed promotion and have started the new season with your tactic and will hopefully use it all season unless results become that bad that we are near relegation at Christmas.

Pre-season has been very good, winning every game except one, and having 20 shots a game but the real test starts next week when the real season gets underway.

I'll post back on here with results, etc

If you hired the players with the necessary attributes to "AMEN" your tactic will work just fine .. can trust.

I hope images, and I hope to help u

Anyway, early results are great.

L 2-1 Liverpool (A).......................6 shots to their 12

W 2-0 Man U (H)..........................14-1

W 3-0 Sheff Wed (H, cup).............19-3

W 6-1 Hull (A)..............................17-3

W 1-0 Brighton (H).......................19-1

Apart from the first game where Liverpool were much better than us and should have beaten us by more than 1 goal, we have done great.

As you can see, even against Man U we were fantastic with 14 shots and they only had 1.

This is with Cardiff and we were tipped for relegation so teams do attack us. Perhaps if and when the AI starts to treat us as a good team this will change.

Great stuff so far though.

Anyway, early results are great.

L 2-1 Liverpool (A).......................6 shots to their 12

W 2-0 Man U (H)..........................14-1

W 3-0 Sheff Wed (H, cup).............19-3

W 6-1 Hull (A)..............................17-3

W 1-0 Brighton (H).......................19-1

Apart from the first game where Liverpool were much better than us and should have beaten us by more than 1 goal, we have done great.

As you can see, even against Man U we were fantastic with 14 shots and they only had 1.

This is with Cardiff and we were tipped for relegation so teams do attack us. Perhaps if and when the AI starts to treat us as a good team this will change.

Great stuff so far though.

Are you starting to improve, then good luck and will improve more

Things started great but then all fell apart.....

cardifffixtures.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I found teams played 5 men in midfiled against me and we couldn't break them down.

Then I got offered the Spurs job and after a lot of thinking about it, I took it.

Players are so much better than I had at Cardiff and look like they suit this formation more.

I will post results at the end of the season.

Things started great but then all fell apart.....

cardifffixtures.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I found teams played 5 men in midfiled against me and we couldn't break them down.

Then I got offered the Spurs job and after a lot of thinking about it, I took it.

Players are so much better than I had at Cardiff and look like they suit this formation more.

I will post results at the end of the season.

is something happened at the end of the season, had not yet seen it with this tactic .. but it can happen. good luck with Tottenham

andre

Started using this tactic, about halfway into the season, so I thought it might be unfair to comment until they've had more time to learn it.

However - using Swindon, L1, not a particularly strong team, they have been easily winning whereas until recently they have been struggling a bit. We just played a Championship team in the FA Cup and were expected to lose, of course, and scored 4 goals in the first half and had another goal disallowed for offsides. We ended up winning 5-1. I've started with your tweaks: Striker set to Advanced Forward and the wingers moved forward into AML and AMR positions, set as Advanced Playmakers. Surprisingly good defense for such overwhelming offense.

Like others, however, the fatigue is killing my team. Starting the match in the 90s, most players at around 70% at best at the half, many finishing in the low 60s. The goal we allowed above was due to a DM who was extremely fatigued making a bad pass to the GK. I have them set to rest the day before and after the match, training set to one notch from the left, overall workload shows as "light." But if two matches are close together I can barely keep my players on the field, they start out in the 70s.

I also moved the players in to Defensive mode from Overload when were up by 3 in the FA Cup match, in hopes of some reduced fatigue but it did not help. OTOH, we scored 3 more goals in Defensive mode! ;) This is with them barely into learning the formation (still showing "awkward!)

Started using this tactic, about halfway into the season, so I thought it might be unfair to comment until they've had more time to learn it.

However - using Swindon, L1, not a particularly strong team, they have been easily winning whereas until recently they have been struggling a bit. We just played a Championship team in the FA Cup and were expected to lose, of course, and scored 4 goals in the first half and had another goal disallowed for offsides. We ended up winning 5-1. I've started with your tweaks: Striker set to Advanced Forward and the wingers moved forward into AML and AMR positions, set as Advanced Playmakers. Surprisingly good defense for such overwhelming offense.

Like others, however, the fatigue is killing my team. Starting the match in the 90s, most players at around 70% at best at the half, many finishing in the low 60s. The goal we allowed above was due to a DM who was extremely fatigued making a bad pass to the GK. I have them set to rest the day before and after the match, training set to one notch from the left, overall workload shows as "light." But if two matches are close together I can barely keep my players on the field, they start out in the 70s.

I also moved the players in to Defensive mode from Overload when were up by 3 in the FA Cup match, in hopes of some reduced fatigue but it did not help. OTOH, we scored 3 more goals in Defensive mode! ;) This is with them barely into learning the formation (still showing "awkward!)

as all players are "resting" the day after the game, you can rest the two days after the game ... you know how to do this?

as all players are "resting" the day after the game, you can rest the two days after the game ... you know how to do this?

I don't see how to do this. Right now, looking at the calendar: they have a match on most Wednesdays and Saturdays. It shows them as having rest days on Thursday- the day after the Weds. match, then the Friday shows "Match Preparation", then match on Saturday, then Rest on Sunday, then training on Monday and Tuesday. If there is no match on Weds. they also have training on Wednesday. I have default focus as balanced, intensity set as Average, 40% spent on match preparation, Tactics Only, rest day before and day after match. Workload shows as "Light."

So how can I set it to have them rest the two days after the game? The fatigue is the only downside I see to this tactic right now; with the team still learning it they are playing superb football and were overwhelming on offense in the FA Cup match against a team from a league a level above us, with 3 goals in the first 13 minutes and more chances than that!

I don't see how to do this. Right now, looking at the calendar: they have a match on most Wednesdays and Saturdays. It shows them as having rest days on Thursday- the day after the Weds. match, then the Friday shows "Match Preparation", then match on Saturday, then Rest on Sunday, then training on Monday and Tuesday. If there is no match on Weds. they also have training on Wednesday. I have default focus as balanced, intensity set as Average, 40% spent on match preparation, Tactics Only, rest day before and day after match. Workload shows as "Light."

after the day of the game players have a day to rest, that day you put 1 more day of rest like the image below:

Immagine.png

after the day of the game players have a day to rest, that day you put 1 more day of rest like the image below:

Immagine.png

I don't see that option: the only thing I see on that dropdown is "take vacation." - wait, it looks like i cannot get option for future days, I see it on the current day.

I don't see that option: the only thing I see on that dropdown is "take vacation." - wait, it looks like i cannot get option for future days, I see it on the current day.

you select in the current day and the next day resting players

but you always have to do it the day after the matche

I think I may have to put the tackling back from hard for the entire team to normal - I'm picking up an average of 4-5 yellow cards per match, and the last match also a red card. Hopefully that won't make us start giving up goals - not sure what else to do to back off on all of the yellow cards.

I think I may have to put the tackling back from hard for the entire team to normal - I'm picking up an average of 4-5 yellow cards per match, and the last match also a red card. Hopefully that won't make us start giving up goals - not sure what else to do to back off on all of the yellow cards.

put the normal tackle all players

Archived