Ca & pa

Hi All,

I am trying a player development save at the moment, and I have some questions.

I am trying to understand what exactly the CA and the PA mean.

Lets say for example I have a player, who's 21 and his PA is 3 stars (seen by my scout who has JPP 19). Does that mean that his PA will never increase to 4 or 5 by time?

Also, lets say a 23 year old has a PA of 4 and his CA is 4 stars. Does that mean that this player will not improve his stats in the future?

Thanks

CA is Current Ability.

PA is Potential Ability.

CA measures how many skill points he has right now. PA measures how many he could potentialy have.

The important thing to remember with PA is that it can take a lot from you for the player to reach this point. A player with 5 star ratings may never get close to that if you do not play him much, don't train him well, don't have good facilities and have poor coaches. His skill distribution can also impact on how many skill points he gets.

Another thing to bear in mind is that as a player grows you want to ensure he is putting points into skills that count. A 5 star striker, playing in the strikers position is not going to do to well if he only has 10 points in finishing, composure and technique.

The higher the scouts ability to measure CA and PA the more accurate his appraisal is. Thus, a 19/20 rated coach should be fairly accurate in his appraisal, but you will notice that these appraisals change during the training of the player.

A 4 star CA and PA player is unlikely to improve, but may still have some room. HOwever this doesnt mean that you can not retrain him. You could see a defnsive midfielder who is maxed out on stars switch to an attacking one where you're training his attacking skills and ignoring his defensive skills and playing/training him in an attacking role... ie AMC.

Thanks a lot lam for this response, now its more clear. Interesting last paragraph there, so basically the PA is attached to the players role. So if I have a DLP who is 4/4, he can be 1/3 as an AM, and I can train him as an AM to gain more skills. Will see how that goes

Archived