Set for Release

Hi guys,

I just noticed the set for release button on one of my older players and I am wondering what it actually does... I realise it is probly something to do with letting the player leave the club but I pressed it and nothing happened. Does anyone know what it does?

I have seen some posters say it can upset the player

Well of course. If you set for release a player who is at your first team and he still got a lot to go then why wouldn't he be upset. Basically you clearly state to him you'll be fired come end of your contract. What work morale would you have if your boss comes and tells you in 2-5 Months time you wont have a job.

Well of course. If you set for release a player who is at your first team and he still got a lot to go then why wouldn't he be upset. Basically you clearly state to him you'll be fired come end of your contract. What work morale would you have if your boss comes and tells you in 2-5 Months time you wont have a job.

I know that 'of course' it will upset the player. Given that the OP was asking what effect it had, and the replies before mine had been mostly administrative in nature, I was simply stating that the player finds out about it too, so it should be used with a degree of caution.

I know that 'of course' it will upset the player. Given that the OP was asking what effect it had, and the replies before mine had been mostly administrative in nature, I was simply stating that the player finds out about it too, so it should be used with a degree of caution.

:) and I just wanted to explain why that happens, often these problems might be seen as bugs by some users.

Archived