Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
PinkSpeedos

Giving away lots of penalties

15 games into a season and my team has given away a penalty in at least half of those games.

I have checked the stats of my players that have given them away all high on tackling, composure, concentration and non have hard tackling on.

Anyone know what I can do to reduce the amount of penalties given away? I've missed out on some great results due to giving away lots of penalties.

Sounds like a streak of bad luck. Might be that you used the shout 'get stuck in'?

After I wrote this my team gave away another penalty (2 in 2 games) luckily this one was saved

Sounds like a streak of bad luck. Might be that you used the shout 'get stuck in'?

Nope haven't used that shout either, hope it is just bad luck rather something tactical.

Do you set your own opposition instructions? If you ask your assistant to do it, he might set hard tackling on opposing strikers.

no opposition instructions on. I have now turned the game off after playing just 2 games as my team gave away a penalty in each of these games too. I think that is now 10 games in 16 prem games my team has given away a penalty costing me lots of points. Just fed up now

High aggressive attribute players also tend to give away fouls more easily.

As i realize, most of the time penalties are result of header challange. If your defenders are short this might be the reason.