Hey, Nineteen (The Saga of FMS FC)

tenthreeleader

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, smell ya later people! Oh, any word on Supporter's player of the Year for FMS?

Also glad to see Sylvester the Cat really stepped it up this season.

Yes it is, especially after the infamous Cat House scandal of 2011...

I can't see Supporters Player of the Year because I don't manage the club. There are certain things you have to be in-game to see, unfortunately. I'll see if it shows up in awards anyplace.

I can't see Supporters Player of the Year because I don't manage the club. There are certain things you have to be in-game to see, unfortunately. I'll see if it shows up in awards anyplace.

Should be able to see it if ya go to history-players-awards.. I don't have FM13 but i could view award winners for each club by doing that in FM12.

Should be able to see it if ya go to history-players-awards.. I don't have FM13 but i could view award winners for each club by doing that in FM12.

Why do you care traitor? Sniff sniff.

:-)

It would have been a fitting end to your season.

I'd say try these options:

look at the club's icon's, as they would be upgraded there and as a new club is likely the only player loved by the fans. it's in the club - overview - information page - view general information under favourite personnel.

club - History - landmarks

player - history - career achievements

Why do you care traitor? Sniff sniff.

:-)

It would have been a fitting end to your season.

I'd say try these options:

look at the club's icon's, as they would be upgraded there as as a new club is likely the only player. it's in the club - overview - information page - view general information under favourite personnel.

club - History - landmarks

player - history - career achievements

Because my Golden Boot is a bit lonely and it would like some company :p

Get ready, gents .. seems like a lot of you are about to place money before club.

___

On the first of July, Wenger went to the press to confirm his interest in Mathieson.

That was a bit of a surprise, given the defender’s lifelong love for Chelsea, but interest is interest. Arsenal was interested while Chelsea was not.

It was the start of quite a busy period for FMS FC.

Rothery agreed terms easily with QPR in a deal that brought up to £375,000 to Sovietskymafia’s already bulging bank book, and the striker was on the other side of London on the same day.

Blankley released seven players that day as well – none of them members of those now known tongue-in-cheek as The Seventeen – so as those players settled into their close seasons there was plenty to talk about.

The next day, Mathieson was gone.

The Gunners came in with an offer of £300,000 for the Belgian u-21, whose value zoomed to £875,000 when the deal was done.

To celebrate, Blankley signed Adie Whitbread to a new two-year contract, meaning the armband would stay out of the hands of The Sixteen for awhile yet.

Baroni was next.

Catania (£230,000) and Napoli both tabled offers for the young Italian, whose value trebled during the week immediately prior to the bids being tabled. Catania’s was accepted, so The Fifteen got to watch another of their number negotiate terms.

Then Napoli came at half a million, and Sovietskymafia almost wet himself accepting the bid.

Baroni was old enough to take a professional contract, though, so he doubled his salary to a mind-bending £220 per week, making him the highest paid member of the original group. He, of all the departees, had a choice to make, having two bids for his services accepted. He chose Napoli.

Next … Marks.

West Brom swooped for £180,000, and Sovietskymafia jumped at it. Hot on West Brom’s heels were Rangers, who wanted the youngster to come to Ibrox on loan. The Fourteen watched another of its members leave.

Preece was expected to have a big year. He agreed professional terms to remain at FMS, and so there was some good news for the club in terms of keeping its remaining stars.

# # #

Business end of the season. I sense promotion glory and transfer activity. My guess is at least 2 of the 19 will be off this summer for head scratching lower amounts than any of us would sell them for. Blankey is a tool after all.

Warner player of the year methinks.

Mostly right, except for Warner being robbed of the player of the year. Great stuff ttl

Mostly right, except for Warner being robbed of the player of the year. Great stuff ttl

Yes, i was robbed and i demand justice... Sure i have the number to Batman round here somehere....

Arsenal. :eek:

There's me disappearing into their youth and reseve teams for the next three years.

At least you'll get the occasional League Cup runout. :p

Come on, anyone in for Bo Jose? Jose? Bo Jose?

Turns out you're all a bunch of traitors ...

___

Next…Hochstetter.

Hamburg SV and manager Co Adriaanse declared interest in the half-German midfielder, as did Schalke 04.

While that speculation was going on, Law Martin agreed terms to stay at FMS at the standard contract rate. But it was a different deal – it was a provisional contract that would put him on £425 per week on his birthday in December, making him the highest paid member of the original group.

To celebrate, Hochstetter left the club, with Schalke’s £425,000 bid accepted by Sovietskymafia. Unlike the other departees, though, he was named to Schalke’s senior squad.

Next … Dubb.

His suitor? Championship club Brighton and Hove Albion, which was ready to fork over the £130,000 Sovietskymafia wanted for Clarke’s late-match replacement.

Dubb joked that Clarke would have to find a way to get through ninety minutes once he was gone, but the Irishman didn’t see that as terribly funny. Sovietskymafia was giggling, though, as the club had raked in £1,200,000 for the departed players.

To try to improve the strike force, Theo Lewis, who netted 11 times for Salisbury in 2012, joined on a trial. Von Lichtenstein and McCracken were the only members of the original group who could play striker and both figured to see plenty of playing time in the Blue Square Premier.

The final offer for Dubb wasn’t £130,000 – it was £110,000, and Sovietskymafia accepted it anyway. As a nice consolation present, Dubb was named to England’s u-20 World Cup team while negotiations were ongoing with Brighton.

Next … Kowalski.

The impressive central defender was next on the “to sell” list, with West Brom tabling an offer of £160,000 that was accepted by the club.

Having just signed professional terms, Kowalski was expecting a rise in pay. The Eleven watched, perhaps with a bit of envy.

The press said that West Brom wanted Kowalski as a long term replacement for Jonas Olsson, and so when that news got out, off he went – though without the raise in pay.

# # #

At last, I have gone from FMS, I didn't fancy living in Liverpool. London has more delights for a gentlemen such as myself.

Will you provide updayes on the QPR games too?

Once the new season begins, I'll explain how updates will be given for those who have left the club.

And if you will look at the first post, you'll see that FMS FC is also located in London :D

Everyone, please see below ... I will be changing how reports are made for this season and all subsequent seasons now that the Nineteen are starting to break up. FMS FCs colors are black and gold. I just thought they looked nice. :p

___

International result – 16th July 2013

van Liefthuizen (Holland u-19 2-0 @ Lithuania) – full match, MR 7.8

Baroni (Italy u-19 1-1 England) – full match, goal, MR 7.3

Fuller (England u-19 1-1 @ Italy) – full match, MR 6.6

The Italy-England match was noteworthy for two reasons. First, Baroni was named captain before the match. Second, he scored Italy’s goal and in so doing, beat his ex-teammate, Fuller.

Mathieson celebrated his first training sessions with Arsenal by getting himself hurt, injuring an elbow that put him on the shelf for ten days.

International result – 18th July 2013

Fuller (England u-19 4-0 @ Lithuania) – full match, MR 6.9

Preece (England u-19 4-0 @ Lithuania) – full match, MR 7.7

And, that said, it was time for FMS FC to return to pre-season training and life in the Blue Square Premier.

# # #

2013-14 Season – Changing of the Guard

Notes- This season will be summarized differently due to the breakup of The Nineteen. FMS matches, where eleven of the original group still reside, will be covered with the score, the names of those in the group who played, and those in the group who scored goals, plus any man of the match information.

For those who have left the club, I will update as information crosses the news feed, but will attempt to summarize players periodically since most of you aren’t likely (yet) to be in the first teams of your new clubs.

FMS 1-3 Leyton Orient – 20th July 2013 – Friendly #1

Bo Jose, Nygma, Clarke, Fantu, McCracken. Subs: Rudyard. Unused subs: von Lichtenstein, Martin.

Man of the Match: Fantu.

Tonbridge 0-3 FMS – 24th July 2013 – Friendly #2

Bo Jose, Clarke, Nygma, Martin, Fantu, McCracken. Subs: von Lichtenstein. Unused sub: Rudyard.

Goal: McCracken 63.

Man of the Match: Fantu.

# # #

Once the new season begins, I'll explain how updates will be given for those who have left the club.

And if you will look at the first post, you'll see that FMS FC is also located in London :D

Yeah but I didn't live in London as the wages you were paying me were rubbish, QPR have made a move to the capital financially viable!

International updates

Baroni (Italy u-19 1-1 @ Lithuania) – started match MR 6.5

Fuller (England u-19 2-0 Holland) – started match, MR 6.7

Preece (England u-19 2-0 Holland) – DNP

van Liefthuizen (Holland u-19 0-2 England) – not selected to match squad

Speaking of van Liefthuizen, the keeper waited until after his omission from the Holland side to announce that he really wouldn’t mind playing for his second nationality – Argentina. That created some waves.

He then stubbed his toe in training and was left out of the Oranje’s 1-1 draw with Spain in the u-19 semifinals on 24th July.

England fared little better in the other semifinal, crashing 3-0 to Germany in Kaunas. Fuller and Preece both played the entire match with ratings of 7.3 and 7.4 respectively, but none of the FMS and former FMS players would go any farther in the event.

FMS 2-0 Stevenage – 27th July 2013 – Friendly #3

Bo Jose, Nygma, Fantu, Preece, Rudyard, McCracken. Subs: Martin, Clarke, von Lichtenstein. Unused subs: Fuller.

One other note about players not in the group: FMS made another loan bid for last season’s central defender from Swindon, Aden Flint, this time for six months. That bid was accepted.

FMS 2-0 AFC Wimbledon – 30th July 2013 – Friendly #4

Fuller, Nygma, Clarke, McCracken. Subs: Preece, Rudyard, Martin, von Lichtenstein, Preece. Unused subs: Bo Jose.

Man of the Match: Nygma.

# # #

International updates

Baroni (Italy u-19 1-1 @ Lithuania) – started match MR 6.5

Fuller (England u-19 2-0 Holland) – started match, MR 6.7

Preece (England u-19 2-0 Holland) – DNP

van Liefthuizen (Holland u-19 0-2 England) – not selected to match squad

Speaking of van Liefthuizen, the keeper waited until after his omission from the Holland side to announce that he really wouldn’t mind playing for his second nationality – Argentina. That created some waves.

He then stubbed his toe in training and was left out of the Oranje’s 1-1 draw with Spain in the u-19 semifinals on 24th July.

England fared little better in the other semifinal, crashing 3-0 to Germany in Kaunas. Fuller and Preece both played the entire match with ratings of 7.3 and 7.4 respectively, but none of the FMS and former FMS players would go any farther in the event.

FMS 2-0 Stevenage – 27th July 2013 – Friendly #3

Bo Jose, Nygma, Fantu, Preece, Rudyard, McCracken. Subs: Martin, Clarke, von Lichtenstein. Unused subs: Fuller.

One other note about players not in the group: FMS made another loan bid for last season’s central defender from Swindon, Aden Flint, this time for six months. That bid was accepted.

FMS 2-0 AFC Wimbledon – 30th July 2013 – Friendly #4

Fuller, Nygma, Clarke, McCracken. Subs: Preece, Rudyard, Martin, von Lichtenstein, Preece. Unused subs: Bo Jose.

Man of the Match: Nygma.

# # #

Two starts, two sub appearances in these friendlies so far is the same as I managed across all of last season. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just took a few days off, men. Thanks for your patience. There now follows a quick update on the squad:

___

Player updates – through 1 August 2013

Goalkeepers

Jose Bo Jose – FMS FC

Value: £35,000

Squad status: Important first team player

New Favored Personnel: Ashley Marks

Chris Fuller – FMS FC

Value: £170,000

Squad Status: None

New Favored Personnel: Ulrich von Lichtenstein

Ortega van Liefthuizen – FMS FC

Value: £100,000

Squad Status: Hot prospect

New Favored Personnel: Barry Bannan (teammate)

Defenders

Law Martin – FMS FC

Value: £100,000

Squad Status: Hot Prospect

New Favored Personnel: None

Cierán Clarke – FMS FC

Value: £180,000

Squad Status: Important first-team player

New Favored Personnel: none

Notes: has agent

Edward Nygma – FMS FC

Value: £230,000

Squad Status: Backup to the first team

Stuart Dubb – Brighton u-18

Value: £110,000

Squad Status: Hot prospect – do not wish to loan

Mike Kowalski – West Brom u-18

Value: £160,000

Gavin Mathieson – Arsenal Reserves

Value: £900,000

Midfielders

David Preece – FMS FC

Value: £150,000

New Favored Personnel: None

Ashley Marks – West Brom u-18

Value: £180,000

Joel Hochstetter – Schalke04

Value: £275,000

Chester Fantu – FMS FC

Value: £240,000

New Favored Personnel: Marco Baroni

Oscar Rudyard – FMS FC

Value: £130,000

Ulrich von Lichtenstein – FMS FC

New Favored Personnel: Hans-Peter Zaugg (manager)

Strikers

Lee Rothery – QPR Reserves

Value: £220,000

Matt Warner – Sunderland Reserves

Marco Baroni – Napoli u-20