Retro FM

After seeing SI's April Fool on facebook, it made me think about retro fm databases, i do try and download one every year and i know people ask for an official one every year and the answer is always no due to licences and too much hard work for SI, but how hard would it be to provide a database that they have already made that would be compatible with the current FM? What i mean is how hard would it be for them to use the data they compiled for CM 97/98 to make a database for FM13 or even a paid DLC for FM14?

Ask yourself this. Do they keep the database for each year, or does it get updated each year? Also, the database back then is not compatible with the newer database, new attributes have been added, and things have changed quite a lot. It would be much more than just a quick simple thing.

Ask yourself this. Do they keep the database for each year, or does it get updated each year?

I would have thought they kept them to be fair, obviously they dont start from scratch each year but I'd have thought they keep final versions, yeah. Be wierd if they didnt really.

Also, the database back then is not compatible with the newer database, new attributes have been added, and things have changed quite a lot. It would be much more than just a quick simple thing.

Yeah, I know new attributes have been added and formulas changed etc but how much work would it be to copy the (for example) 40 pieces of data available from an old one and either randomise or research the 20 or so numbers needed to be compatible now? Because I think the major main attributes were around 10+ years ago, its only the more recent additions such as relationships and media handling that there would be no data available.

Archived