FM 13 - From Minnows to Champions!

JerseyShoreDave

Forest Green - April Summary - Npower League 1 2027-2028 Season

ForestGreen2027-2028AprilFixtures.png

vs. Northampton - Come back from behind tie... not the best performance...

vs. Oxford - Again another come back from behind tie... our right full back gets the win...

vs. Lincoln - a bit better with our 2nd half midfield substitute getting the victory in the last minute.

vs. West Brom - FA Cup Semi final at Wembley against Premiership opposition. The match started out quick with West Brom scoring in the 4th, we scored in the 9th and things went back and forth quite hard. In 90 minutes both sides picked up 4 yellow cards each, and in extra time things got interesting when we scored in the 104th minute... West Brom tried and tried very hard but in the 2nd minute of extra time... in the 122nd minute we made it 3-1. Statistically we weren't bad considering we're League 1 and they're 16th in the Premiership.

vs. Colchester - 3 days after Wembley the tired legs caught up with the team, we lost in a lackluster match.

vs. Bolton - We played much better and totally dominated the match as many of our top players we back in action.

We got 2nd place, automatch promotion, 11 points behind Shrewsbury who won the League.

ForestGreen2027-2028AprilTable.png

One match left this season... against Everton in the FA Cup Final... still can't believe we managed it.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess your finances are looking great. For you have made it to the final. As congrats on holding on for promotion.

At the moment, but I figure we're getting a stadium expansion since we're at 97% of our stadium's capacity. That'll eat up the money we have... as usual at this point in a club's development

Truly amazing how well you did in the FA Cup :thup:

Once I got the Premiership teams I always just set it up, and played the first half come back to the computer and always said, wow we have a shot. Couldn't get any better, next season all we need is to face a top team and we can be screwed early. It helped that most of the top teams got kicked out rather early, but the amount of money we got right now for a Championship club is pretty impressive :lol:

Forest Green - Season Summary - Npower League 1 2027-2028 Season

Manager of the Year

Stadium Expansion 2647 more seats!!!

New Sponsorship deal

Npower League 1 Table - At least we outscored everyone.

Capital One Cup - Lost to Middlesborough who eventually became a finalist in the Competition.

Johnshone's Paint Trophy

English FA Cup - Finalists

The Finances - Richer than we ever were, and the Board basically is giving us the money to buy players...

The Squad - Continue to make it stronger for the Championship.

The Transfers - Ended up doing a 150k transfer on a striker who played 6 matches due to injuries lol. Team played very well this season, not many duds in the bunch.

Key Players

Andy Payton - Our 24 yeatr old English striker had a banner year. In 58 appearances he scored 34 goals, missed 3 penalties, is the top assist leader with 15 and has 9 POM honors. Our top striker is in great form and I hope it carries over to the Championship.

Robert Holzman - Our 21 year old English striker did great when he was healthy. In 37 appearances he scored 24 times with 12 assists and 4 POM honors. Hopefully he'll be more healthy and add on to those totals.

Daniel Caffrey - The 21 year old Irishman did great when he was healthy. In 32 appearances he scored 20 goals with 6 assists and 2 POMs. Could do better this next season.

Lewis Bowman - Our 23 year old Scottish Striker did well. He played in 32 matches, scoring 15 goals with 8 assists and 2 POM honors. Also struck by injury it'll be battle to see who'll end up being the starting 3 strikers.

Bobby Leigh - Our 24 year old English defender had a great season. Was as close to a rock as one could get for us. In 47 matches he scored 4 time, had 2 assists with 7 POM honors and an average rating of 7.37.

Jordan Redgrave - Our 24 year old Englishman had a great year in midfield. In 44 appearances he scored twice, had 12 assists and 1 POM. Looking forward to him getting better.

Joseph McKay - Our 30 year old midfielder did great. In 45 matches in scored 1 time with 10 assists and 2 POM honors. He really shined against tougher opposition.

Graeme Caffrey - Our 21 year old Irish Striker did alright. In 62 matches he conceded 81 goals, had 17 clean sheets for a rating of 6.84. Should do great this year but not sure if he's Premiership material.

Thoughts

The preliminary assessment is that I'm able to spend 20k more on salaries and have about 4 million to transfer players, of course I can convert this to salary as well. Bottom line is the board is giving me everything in the bank to succeed and who knows if they'll up it for higher expectations. It means there's a lot riding on the choices to be made, and I'm making them slowly. The new stadium expansion takes out of our grounds for the season, and should we succeed in making it to the Premiership, we could get a new stadium... I think its needed for the League requirements. Lots of things around, I'm just happy to have so much money to work with in the Championship Division, and I can even pay the players a lot more money, something that kept some great players away from us in last year's preseason.

Torhout - Season Summary - Pro League 2027-2028 Season

Tourhout in Europe, started in the Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying round, they beat Rosenborg 5-0 to make the Playoffs against Sligo Rovers that they won 5-1 to make the Group Stage.

In Group A, we got second to FC Twente.

In the Knockout Phase Torhout met Wolfsburg first, and defeated them 2-1. In the next round they met Chelsera and lost 5-1 to get knocked out of Europe.

Belgian Cup - They played one match and lost to Turnhout, who is bottom of the barrel...

Belgian Pro League - Once again Turhout are Champions of Belgium and are in the Group Phase of the Champions League.

I praise the manager of Turhout.

Torhout's Manager of the Year in Belgium

Thoughts...

Most importantly Torhout is in the Champions League and won the Domestic League. The Belgium Cup loss is utterly embaressing though. Hopefully Torhout can maintain their status in Europe.

Only problem is the Chairman status is now... Happy to Stay

What I'm afraid of I get them to the Premier League and then they get taken over and ditch me for the Manager flavor of the moment lol

Are you a club icon ? I think it depends on how they see you. if you are on the favored personnel. I think it decreases your chances of the weird sacking happening.

Your Board has been very nice to you. I hope the Chairman decides to remain with you.

Yeah, likewise, though I need to upgrade stuff once we're in the Premiership

Are you a club icon ? I think it depends on how they see you. if you are on the favored personnel. I think it decreases your chances of the weird sacking happening.

I am Favored Personel at this point. I think getting to the Premiership will make me an Icon... I think

Brilliant season!

Indeed it was deltablue!

Forest Green - PreSeason Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

Side note, Torhout's Got a new manager, the previous one went to Intermilan... Here's the new one... Ervin Zukanovic

Holland defeated Sweden 2-1 in the European Championships.

Our scouting range is now all of Europe instead of just the UK and Ireland.

Season Expectations - We chose avoid relegation

We signed a new contract for 4k/week vs 750/week. 4 Year contract.

Forest Green is Profitable...

Npower Championship Odds: 50-1 to get Promoted... Media says 24th.

Season Ticket sales are up from 2223 to 3736.

ForestGreen2028-2029PreseasonFixtures.png

vs. Torquay - League 2 Club, utter domination...

vs. Bristol City - Our parent club in the Premiership kicked our butts...

vs. Witton - regional English club, we dominated and it showed, shame we gave up a goal.

vs. Gladbach - Very close match, we had a loss by the single goal.

vs. Athletico Madrid - Spanish La Liga side, and we actually dominated this match... great was to end the Friendly season

Thoughts

Still have 2 million left along with about 30k a week in salary I could spend... Not sure who to buy, nothing that compelling... I think I can compete at this level given my success in the FA Cup

Forest Green - August Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

ForestGreen2028-2029AugustFixtures.png

vs. Blackburn - Solid match, textbook... total domination.

vs. Southend - Capital One Cup 1st Round - League 2 club - was pretty straight forward, solid match.

vs. Aston Villa - Was predicted to loose this one big, but only 1 goal separated us.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Just got demoted from the Premiership, was a battle for the ages. Andy Payton won it with a hat trick.

vs. Millwall - Almost the same as the previous match except it ended up 4-4 and no hat trick... was a real battle.

vs. Ipswitch - Capital One Cup 2nd Round, Championship team... took till extra time to win it, it was a tough match... still have 2 League encounters with them too...

vs. Middlesborough - Was a lame letdown, they were relegated from the Premier League and just barely beat us 1-0.

vs. Chesterfield - Finally a team that the bookies thought we could win and we did... solid match 2-0.

We're currently in 5th place 6 points out of first.

ForestGreen2028-2029AugustTable.png

Thoughts

Its still early, but I think we have what it takes not to get relegated.

Forest Green - September Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

ForestGreen2028-2029SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Cardiff - great match, Payton gets a brace and we have a solid win.

vs. Wolves - haven't gotten nailed this badly in awhile, they're just too good.

vs. Stevenage - Rest some players for the Capital One Cup in this one and still won 2-0.

vs. Nottingham Forest - Capital One Cup 3rd Round - The Premiership club got the lousy goal... otherwise we were equal statistically sad to loose it...

vs. Reading - Come back from behind tie... wasn't impressive.

vs. Norwich - Just couldn't get anything going... pretty much sums it up, Norwich deserved the win honestly.

vs. Birmingham - Even worse then the Norwich game... totally Impotent.

Currently We're in 11th place, 8 points behind first place.

ForestGreen2028-2029SeptemberTable.png

Forest Green - October Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

ForestGreen2028-2029OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Burnley - Andy got the early goal, Burnley tied it up late... shame

vs. Sheffield United - 2-0 solid victory, we controlled the match from start to finish.

vs. Chrystal Palace -tight match, Crystal Palace has a great team.

vs. Hull City - we got the early goal, they pulled it back before halftime and then took the lead.... but we got one back in the 88th to tiw it up.

vs. Exeter - Lots of cards on each side, but Andy got the goal before halftime is all that matters.

We're currently in 10th place 12 points behind first...

ForestGreen2028-2029OctoberTable.png

Forest Green - November Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

ForestGreen2028-2029NovemberTable.png

vs. QPR - Solid win, can't complain at all.

vs. Sunderland - Should of won this one, leaky defense.

vs. Crewe - More leaky defense...

vs. Huddersfield - Outscored the opposition nicely.

vs. Shrewsbury - Best Match of the month.

We're currently in 6th place, 11 points behind.

ForestGreen2028-2029NovemberFixtures.png

Forest Green - December Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

Change of Season Expectations - Top Half Finish was chosen

ForestGreen2028-2029DecemberFixtures.png

vs. Ipswich - come back from behind tie.

vs. Aston Villa - Should've won this, but it wasn't meant to be, come from behind tie.

vs. Blackburn - Was lucky to tie it, we were totally outplayed and got lucky to get the point.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - was over by Half time... totally dismal display.

vs. Millwall - Comeback from behind victory, best match we played all month.

vs. Chestfield - next day we got destroyed by Chesterfield... sure we scored twice but we have no lack of decent strikers...

In the Table we're in 10th Place, 15 points out of first.

ForestGreen2028-2029DecemberTable.png

Update:

Looking to bring people in, its going be a hard 2nd half of the season otherwise.

Forest Green - January Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

6 International Players on the team, just wanted to show...

ForestGreen2028-2029JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. Cardiff - Solid win... Jolic played great for the team...

vs. Middlesborough - Another solid win, our team dominated.

vs. Southampton - FA Cup 3rd Round - Premiership - Talk about a battle... We barely lost, 4-3.

vs. Stevenage - Lucky penalty kick gave us the 3 points, in what was a very close game.

vs. Reading - Solid match other then the fact we only got 1 goal...

In the table, we're now 5th place and 12 points behind 1st place.

ForestGreen2028-2029JanuaryTable.png

Got 2 new players in... tried for others but the first 4 couldn't get work permits...

Forest Green - February Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

Nicky Ajose - Our 18 and unders Manager is also the Manager of Nigeria... as he accepted the job...

ForestGreen2028-2029FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. Wolves - Holzman gets a hat trick.... we have yet another solid win in the league.

vs. Norwich - Norwich was suppose to destroy us, We turned it on them.

vs. Burnley - Can't win them all, was an even match, our goalie got hurt in this match.

vs. Birmingham - Our secondary goalie did well in this 1-0 win... our offense though slacked badly, even the betters were behind us for once.

In the League we're in 3rd place, 10 points behind 1st.

ForestGreen2028-2029FebruaryTable.png

Forest Green - March Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

ForestGreen2028-2029MarchFixtures.png

vs. Sheffield United - Tough match, we should of lost... but got lucky with a penalty

vs. Crystal Palace - Great match we won, better for the spectators then for the managers... hit the woodwork way too much.

vs. Exeter - Andy got a hat trick in this match that was a great come from behind match. The goal in extra time was icing on the cake.

vs. Hull - We rightfully lost the match, Hull out played us and got a good victory.

We're in 3rd place, 9 points behind 1st.

ForestGreen2028-2029MarchTable.png

Forest Green - April Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

ForestGreen2028-2029AprilFixtures.png

vs. Sunderland - Text book match, we won a solid match.

vs. Q.P.R. - Only 1-0 on paper, they played far better then that.

vs. Crewe - Solid win again, we finally scored late in the second half but we played very well the whole match.

vs. Shrewsbury - We dominated the match, other then 1 breakaway with 'goal of the month' written all over it.

vs. Huddersfield - They came back from behind after 2 early goals from us, a bit disappointing...

vs. Ipswich - We rebounded from the loss with a class performance against Ipswich. Only match of the season we played at The New Lawn.

We finished the season in 2nd place with 87 points... just 1 ahead of Middlesborough.... and 3 behind Aston Villa.

ForestGreen2028-2029AprilTable.png

Told you just might get second.

Yes you did.

Forest Green in the Premiership. :D

Indeed taking my time assessing the team, I don't have much money to work with so I have to make sure I get rid of the right people and of course bring in people who can handle the Premiership on my lame salary...

Forest Green - Season Summary - Npower Championship - 2028-2029 Season

Npower Championship Manager of the Year

Sponsorship Deals - A joke...

Stadium Expansion will take us to about 12,500... at a cost of 8.50 million and 9 months in another stadium while construction is being done...

The Npower Championship Table - Almost First...

Capital One Cup - Out too early...

FA Cup - Out too early as well.

The Squad - Woefully inadequate for the Premiership, not sure how to make it adequate...

Transfers - Wasn't bad, wasn't that good, a few gems who served their purpose...

The Finances - We're broke and its only going to get worse before better.

Key Players

Darren Pyrs - Our 20 year old Welsh fullback had a great year. In 36 matches, he scored once, with 3 assists and 8 POM honors with an average rating of 7.67. Good enough to be the Npower Championship Young Player of the Year... He's one player who is getting a new contract.

Graeme Caffrey - Our 22 year old Irish Keeper had a good year. In 50 appearances, he conceded 57 goals and had 17 clean sheets and 1 POM for an average rating of 6.99. I am not sure he's Premiership material... he got us this far so we're trying him.

Lewis Bowman - Our 24 year old Scottish Striker did well considering how little he played. In 22 appearances he scored 10 goals, with 5 assists and 2 POM honors with an average rating of 7.30. Think he'll play a lot more in the next season.

Robert Holzman - Our 22 year old English striker I think is on his way out. In 20 matches he scored 12 and had 2 assists with 2 POM honors. He performed well at the Championship level... not sure it'll be the same in the Premiership.

Andy Payton - The 25 year old English Striker is the reason we've been able to kick so much butt the last 3 seasons. In 49 matches he scored 37 goals, made 1 out of 2 penalties, assisted 13 times, with 9 POM honors. He is also the Npower Championship player of the year. He was also named the Top Striker in the Championship with 35 goals.

Thoughts

Disheartening to see even Andy Payton doesn't impress my assistant manager who has a 19/16 in Judging player abilities/Potential that he's good enough the Npower Championship but not good enough for the Premier League. In fact none of my players are rated to be good enough for the Premiership, while a few will be in the future. But since right here, right now matters... I have a lot of dead wood to clear out it seems.

Unlike the lower division, one doesn't come into the top flight and dominate. Just look at the last few year of the Premier League and see who some of the obstacles are... Past Winners of the English Premier League.

Unlike in the other divisions, in this division I'm not worried yet about cups so much, not enough money then a good showing the Premiership provides... and we need money... lots of money.

Torhout - Season Summary - Belgian Pro League - 2028-2029 Season

Torhout won the Belgian Pro League

Torhout lost the Belgian Supercup vs. Standard 2-1.

Torhout Lost in the Semi Finals of the Belgian Cup 4-3 on aggregate.

In the Champions League, Torhout won their Group.

Knockout Stage - Lost to Arsenal in the Quarterfinals 2-0 both at home and away.

Torhout's Manager Left for Dortmund

In the current Preseason we Play Torhout in a preseason match... We win 1-0

Josep Guardiola is the new manager of Torhout

Thoughts

For Torhout to have Guardiola who only managed Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, and Spain... is great company. I hope he can get Torhout rocking so Forest Green can meet them in the Champions League Final in a few years

Forest Green - Pre-Season Summary - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

Our Scouting is now unlimited.

Our Link is terminated... We got promoted to the English Premier League while out Parent Club got relegated to the Championship...

Our English Premier League odds are 5000-1... Media predicts us finishing in 20th.

We lost 15 million last year.

TV rights only 58.68 Million...

Season Expectations - We chose avoid relegation for obvious reasons.

Our Preseason Fixtures:

ForestGreen2029-2030PreseasonFixtures.png

vs. Torhout - Played well won against my old team whose manager just left...

vs. Oldham - solid win, nothing special, should of been a bigger victory.

vs. Bristol Rovers - Sad tie, we should of destroyed them.

vs. Rotherham - Played bad... just bad... next...

vs. Valencia - played us off the field, they could've scored 5.

vs. Hayes & Yeading - Good victory but should of been more.

Preseason Assessment

We did our best to balance out the team and to get a team together to avoid relegation. If the squad stays healthy we have a good chance. If I had to guess a position, I'd have to say we're better then the other 2 promoted teams at the very least in my opinion. I figure 15th place is about right.

Forest Green - August Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

Season tickets went from 3736 to 4169.

ForestGreen2029-2030AugustFixtures.png

vs. West Ham - Great match, could of scored a lot more, but we'll take any win we can get!

vs. Aston Villa - Should've won it, they got promoted with us... we should of... could of. Not a bad performance though.

vs. Notts County - Capital One Cup, League 2 team. Not the best match, won it in penalties 4-3.

We are currently in 5th place, 3 points out of relegation.

ForestGreen2029-2030AugustTable.png

We have the EPL Young Player of the Month Awardee!

Archived