FM 13 - From Minnows to Champions!

JerseyShoreDave

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a change in fortune. What would you say caused it ? The new signing ?

Mostly I got more time to rest between fixtures, the new signing helped a bit as he has produced goals. Overall the league is ours to win or loose at this point and no one is asking for rest so the end of the line could very well be 1st place!

Forest Green - April Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

ForestGreen2024-2025AprilFixtures.png

vs. Staines - We fell asleep the easy match turned out to be too hard for our secondary squad...

vs. Tonbridge - We took the lead twice, couldn't hold on... our defense let us down.

vs. Wealdstone - Took the early lead and gave one up late, shameful considering they're relagated

vs. Farnborough - Another team battling in the relegation zone, but they played poorly and we dominated them.

vs. Kingstonian - Just outside the playoffs... We took the lead, they tied... we took the lead back and won.

We are on top of the table, 2 point lead, 1 match left to play.

ForestGreen2024-2025AprilTable.png

Forest Green - May Update & Year End Summary - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

ForestGreen2024-2025MayFixtures.png

vs. Weston-super-Mare - Demolition to win the Blue Square Bet South Title!

Blue Square Bet South Table - Winners

English FA Cup - 2nd Round

FA Trophy Cup - Finalist

Facilities were downgraded...

Our Sponsorship is a bit less... guess the last contracts were signed when the club was in the Blue Square Premier League...

275k boost from the Director of the Club

The Finance - We got some cash but not enough to last for long.

The Transfers - All of the transfers out were other clubs poaching talent we couldn't afford to sign to a full contract... Most of the talent brought in made an impact.

The Squad - Plenty of space for better players...

Key Players

Nicky Ajose - He's also our 18 and unders Manager. The 33 year old English man led us to victory. Without him we wouldn't be promoted. In 55 matches he scored 34 goals, 24 assists which is the best at the club, with 10 POM honors. He'll be important for at least the next season. He was the top goal scorer in the league and was named the player of the season .

Charlie Allen - Our best midfielder, the 33 year old english man played in 56 matches, scoring 4 goals, converted 1 penalty kick, with 13 assists and 4 POM honors. Hopefully he'll do as well next season.

Graeme Caffrey - The 18 year old irish goalkeeper is their current 18 and under goalie. He played in 23 matches, conceding 16 goals and keeping 9 clean sheets.

Torhout Year End Summary - Belgian Pro League 2024-2025 Season

Belgian Pro League Championship Group - First Place

Belgian Super Cup - Winners in Penalty kicks over Anderlecht

Belgian Cup - Ousted in the Quarterfinals by Standard Liege

Champions League Group B - They won their group!

Champions League

First Knockout Round vs. Shaktar - Dominance beating them on aggregate 5-1

Quarter Finals vs. PSG - Tied 2-2 away from home, 0-0 at home... winning on away goals

Semifinals vs. Manchester United lost 6-1 on aggregate.

Transfers - Bought 2 players for 5.5 million, sold 12 players for 42.5 million. well done. Still has a huge team but it shows I had a good team, I could of done the same results. I am happy with how the club is doing.

They use a 3-5-2 formation and showing that they're the class players I believe they still are.

Forest Green - Preseason Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

We got 2 cash infusions, in June we got 60k, and 150k in July

Season Expectations - took the lowest mid-table finish

Blue Square Bet Premier Odds - We have the 4th best odds to gain promotion at 6-1. The Media says we're good for 14th out of 24 teams.

Sadly Sergey retired before I could hire him... here's a summary of his career

Preseason Happenings

Got rid of the players I wanted to, brought in new ones some of whom are great. Got a few more players at about 18 right now under full contract. Could get another youngster in since I can afford them more. The quest for more money continues but this time we're stronger but how strong compared to the new league is the question.

Preseason Summary

ForestGreen2025-2026Preseasonresults.png

vs. Bedworth United - A regional league team and it showed... easy 5-1 win for the team.

vs. Hayes & Yeading - A Blue Squard Bet South Club... easy 3-0 Victory Nicky Ajose is all class.

vs. Tranmere - N Power League 1 club, We scored first they tied it up. Not a bad result given the competition.

vs. Maidenhead - Blue Square Bet South Club, rest players and lost

vs. Bristol City - Our Parent Club is in the Npower Championship, we went down 2-0 in the first half, got one back but it wasn't enough. Good result given the competition.

Forest Green - August Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

Season Ticket Sales went from 189 to 412.

We have 3 international players and we play on despite the interruptions.

ForestGreen2025-2026AugustFixtures.png

vs. Preston - We were lame in the first half, but in the second half all came alive, we scored twice in 3 minutes, then they scored... but we won.

vs. Guiseley - We scored first then they pegged us back before half time, second half both sides hit the posts twice...

vs. Kidderminster - We came back from a 1-0 deficit to win this one. Great response.

vs. Chester - We won in a lame match, could've gone either way.

vs. Dag & Red - Came back from behind from for the tie

vs. Woking - Went back and forth, we scored in the first minute, then they tied, then we scored, they tied... they couldn't keep up.

We're 4th in the table, behind by 2 points.

ForestGreen2025-2026AugustTable.png

Forest Green - September Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

ForestGreen2025-2026Septemberfixtures.png

vs. Bristol Rovers - We got the lucky penalty kick for the win, should've lost the match.

vs. Stalybridge - Come back from behind victory.

vs. Dartford - Another come back from behind victory.

vs. Boreham Wood - Second best team in the Conference so far, no one could score... 0-0

vs. Bromley - One of those 20 shot matches where the goalie is god, but we got one in!

vs. Worcester - Solid Win all around, everything went our way.

vs. MK Dons - Worst team in the conference right now and it showed, kept us from scoring til the 65th minute, but then we took it.

vs. Fleetwood - Come back from behind tie.

Considering we're bring in some of our youth players to get some time we're doing very well.

We're 1st place in the Table, leading by 3 points.

ForestGreen2025-2026SeptemberTable.png

Forest Green - October Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

Blue Square Bet Premier League - Manager of the Month

ForestGreen2025-2026OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Dover - We hit them early, and kept them out, solid win.

vs. Portsmouth - They hit us in the 5th minute, hit back at half time, our substitute got 2 in 2 minutes... And they were just relegated last season. Currently in 3rd place.

v. Carlisle - They're currently in the relegation zone and I think my team was sleeping, not to mention I rested a few key players for our next match.

vs. Accrington - currently in second place we hit them in the second half and fought hard to keep them out after going down a man.

vs. Cambridge - Solid match, hit the first goal before half time, finished the job in the second half, was a solid performance.

vs. Hereford - Got the early one, they pegged us back and close to the end of the match Ian got the winner.

We've really got something great going on here, the team is just flowing nicely.

We're in first place, 7 points ahead of second.

ForestGreen2025-2026OctoberTable.png

Forest Green - November Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

International Fixtures - Yep we miss 4 guys now time to time since our League and stuff don't care about international fixtures...

ForestGreen2025-2026Novemberfixtures.png

vs. Witham - FA cup 4th round vs. a regional club... Kiely gets a hat trick and we give up 2 goals to them... Great offense disappointing defense.

vs. Gateshead - 1st league lost, team was mostly comprised of 18 and unders and I'm surprised they scored twice. The rest was needed for the following match.

vs. Brentford - FA Cup 1st Round vs. League 1 opposition. They scored first, we made it 2-1 by half time, scored once more quickly in the second half to secure the win.

vs. Salisbury - We dominated the match, just scored a goal before half time, was a let down.

vs. Tamworth - FA Trophy 1st round vs. Blue Square Bet North team... our American Striker Ian Baker got his hat trick in this match. We were up 3-0... they took 2 back before Ian finished his hat trick... still a win.

vs. Guiseley - Another solid match, could of scored more.

vs. Preston - They got the penalty and we went down a man early but we got one back and fought for the tie.

Happy with the Cup results... Give Me Money...

We're still in first place, only up by 5 now.

ForestGreen2025-2026NovemberTable.png

Forest Green - December Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

December cash Injection - 120k

Second cash Injection - 120k

ForestGreen2025-2026DecemberFixtures.png

vs. Kidderminster - We were playing the worst team in the league at that point, 1/2 our team were from our 18 and under squad and we won 2-0.

vs. Lincoln - Another Npower League 1 team in the 2nd round of the FA Cup... we scored in the 34th minute and were able to keep the lead advancing to the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

vs. Stockport - we got lucky, getting the tie off an own goal...

vs. Worcester - FA Trophy 2nd Round - They're in our League we got the lone goal in the second half and held on.

vs. Chester - We won in the last seconds of the match...

vs. Woking - Solid win over a team who isn't performing well.

vs. Dag & Red - Gave up the late goal for another tie.

Doing well, pushing the Cups hard, working our defensive 5-3-2 once more trying to get more cash.

In the league we're in 1st place, 6 points ahead.

ForestGreen2025-2026DecemberTable.png

Still going strong. Quite a few 1 goal wins there. Are they as tight as it looks?

Yes it is, they can just stall matches, only thing is so can I. Many times I go to a 5-3-2 just to help prevent them from coming back if I have 1-0 lead at that point. Its just about having the players who can compete and utilizing what you have well, and I do that pretty well

Forest Green - January Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

January Manager of the Month

ForestGreen2025-2026JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. Bristol Rovers - Classic come back from behind after falling behind.

vs. Barnet - FA Trophy 3rd Round - Blue Square Bet South club - Solid 2-0 win with about 50% 18 n unders.

vs. Birmingham - Biggest test yet in the the FA Cup Third Round against Birmingham who are in the Npower Championship. We couldn't score but kept them to only 1 goal. Really wanted to get to Premiership opposition for the chance at more money, but this has to do. After defeating 2 League 1 teams our luck against tougher opposition ran out.

vs. Dartford - Defense is still leaking goals here and there and once again, good offense as usual.

vs. Stalybridge - Chose to rest some players and it hurt us, only getting the tie.

vs. Salisbury - Solid win against our fellow division team in the FA Trophy 4th Round.

vs. Boreham Wood - They're currently in one of the playoff spots but we hammered them 3-0.

vs. Bromley - Another solid win resting a few players.

Good month overall.

First place with an 8 point lead over second place.

ForestGreen2025-2026JanuaryTable.png

Forest Green - February Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

4 Players in International Matches on March 2nd.

February Manager of the Month

We secured a playoff spot... no surprise :D

ForestGreen2025-2026FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. Worcester - Solid win, yet another comeback from an early goal, just 4 of 'em lol

vs. Stockport - FA Trophy Semifinal Leg one - was too tight in the 3-2 Victory, we weren't in danger of losing but were in danger of getting a tie.

vs. MK Dons - Solid match, they never even got a shot on goal :D

vs. Stockport - FA Trophy Semifinal Leg Two - at home we scored first, they tied it up a bit before half time, second half sub Smart got 2 goals to secure the win.

vs. Fleetwood - Was closer then it should of been, but we still won which is the important thing.

We're winning, thats all that counts in the end.

In the table we're fist and suddenly have a 15 point lead, and with no cups getting in the way no reason to loose now.

ForestGreen2025-2026FebruaryTable.png

Forest Green - March Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

Another cash injection from the Godfather aka our board.

ForestGreen2025-2026Marchfixtures.png

vs. Dover - They're 14th place but wow, they outplayed us and out scored us against our main team, first time in a Conference match this season.

vs. Portsmouth - Barely won this encounter against one of the best teams in the league.

vs. Accrington - Came so close to beating the second best team in the league after us but a tie is good as well.

vs. Carlisle - almost gave up the win to a relegation club who played tough. We official won the Blue Square Bet Premier League title by winning this match!

vs. Cambridge - We lost to the 17th ranked club after the taking an early lead.

We won the title, got 4 matches left, then the FA Trophy Cup Final!

ForestGreen2025-2026MarchTable.png

Forest Green - April Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

ForestGreen2025-2026AprilFixtures.png

vs .Gatehead - Did great til 3 starting players got hurt, Ian Baker just squeaked out a hat trick for the win.

vs. Salisbury - Went to half time 0-0, second half both scored, lame 1-1 tie.

vs. Hereford - Mid table team just kicked our buts, 7 starters not playing due to injury.

vs. Stockport - betters betted against us and the opposition won in the 70th minute.

Injuries killed us, I didn't think we were this fragile... all thats left is the FA Trophy Cup.

Preston vs. Portsmouth for Promotion with me.

ForestGreen2025-2026AprilTable.png

Just couldn't break the 100 point mark...what a horrible season :D

I was thinking that as well... I am so close to 100 pts... wth. I had too many injuries and just couldn't make a starting 11 do anything right... at least they fell apart when we were already champs.

champions congrats

Thanks!

Forest Green - Year End Summary - Blue Square Bet Premier 2025-2026 Season

The Squad - Our most noteworthy player is our goalkeeper who is a young Irish International. Very Strong team for our current level, not so sure how strong it is for for Npower League 2.

The Transfers - Transforming the team to use my tactics is part of the fun. I'm amazed how 6 non contract players complained about their fringe role at the club so I told them to leave and they did and now they have no club. I'm pleased with who I got, and who I got rid of. Will be weeding out more players since we're now league 2.

The Finances - Looking good at the moment, won't look good soon enough lol

Key Players

Nicky Ajose - Our 34 year old English Striker AND under 18 manager for us had a great season. In 43 matches he scored 23 goals with 10 assists and 5 POM honors and only 1 yellow card. I hope to extend his contract at least another year as a player, but we'll see.

Ian Baker - the 28 year old American striker and former Portsmouth player had a great season too. In 44 matches he played he scored 21 times with 13 assists and 4 POM honors. He was hurt a bit but he's rolling now. Hopefully we can deal another contract.

Declan Kiely - Our 19 year old Irish Striker is the future of the team. He played 49 matches, scoring 20 goals with 16 assists and 2 POM honors. He's under long term contract and I hope he gets better and better.

Graham Shields - Our 23 year old Irish midfielder had a banner year as our central playmaker. In 45 matches he scored 6 goals, with 1 penalty kick and 21 assists with 4 POM.

Jack Deaman - Our 33 year old central defender had a great year. He played in 35 matches, scoring 4 goals with 1 assist and 8 POM honors. He's one of the reasons why were so good defensively, hopefully a new contract is in his future.

Graeme Caffrey - Our 19 year old Irish Goalkeeper is doing great. He's our most known player and is doing as well as can be expected at this point. In 52 matches he conceded 50 goals and had 18 clean sheets. He's the future of the Club.

Next Season

We're upgrading the team for League 2 Action, have to sort out players first then get new ones in, not sure how our final budget looks so far, but it should be about 9k/week more then we spend now. Not sure how much money newer players are expecting in League 2 so it may not be as much as I think it is.

Torhout - Year End Summary - Pro League 2025-2026 Season

Standard defeast Torhout 1-0 in the Belgian Super Cup

Knocked out the Belgian Cup in the Quarter Finals to OH Leuven... lol

In the Champions League they got 2nd place in their Group.

Champions League Knockout Phase - Torhout lost on away goals to Bayern Munich. Barcelona wins the title.

Belgian Pro League - Utter dominance. Won the league by 22 points.

Transfers - Colic is at Manchester City now...

I evidently praised the current manager for his achievement.

Donadeli left for... A.C. Milan

Cendros who was favorite, becomes manager.

My thoughts

the club obviously is focusing on the League and Champions League as it should be, the Belgian Super Cup and Belgian Cup are of no real significance. I hope the club isn't becoming a jumping point for managers to get more money at a bigger club, but maybe thats its fate. Either way Torhout is looking to be dominant for years to come.

Forest Green - Preseason Summary & August Fixtures - Npower League 2 2026-2027 Season

Side Note: France defeats Spain 2-1 in World Cup Final

Season Expectations - Obviously I chose avoiding relegation...

Promotion Odds - 16-1 Not much faith in me. Media says I'll end up 22nd right outside of the relegation Zone.

Season Tickets went from 412 to 1138.

Preseason Fixtures

vs. Bristol City - They're in the Npower Championship, we got lucky to tie it up.

vs. Cirencester - - They're a low level league team that we dominated, one of our new strikers nabbed a hat trick.

vs. Barnet - A Blue Square Bet South team, we scored first and gave up the late equalizer.

vs. Hayes and Yeading - A Blue Square Bet South team. We dominated them as expected.

August Fixtures

ForestGreen2026-2027AugustFixtures.png

vs. Port Vale - Solid 2-0 win, dominated the match nicely.

vs. Norwich Capital One Cup 1st Round vs a Npower Championship side. 1-1 after 90, 2-2 after 120. We lost on Penalties. Honorable effort.

vs. Gillingham - Sad 3-0 loss, one of my worse losses as manager of this club, was totally Impotent.

vs. Burton - Took the lead after getting a Penalty kick, they tied it in extra time.

vs. Yeovil - They scored first, we tied just before the end.

vs. Bradford - We fought hard in this one... Nathan Jones scored 6 against us...

We're currently ranked 19th in the table... 6 points out of first, 4 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2026-2027AugustTable.png

Summary

I hope the real reason why we're not doing well is that we need to gel the team. They're all good enough for League 2, I got rid of all but 1 guy not skilled enough for the league. Its not a lack of talent on the team. Got a long season ahead I don't want to get stuck in a lame relegation battle, at least the media thinks we'll finish just outside that. I do believe we're at least a middle table team, but maybe I'm dreaming.

Forest Green - September Fixtures - Npower League 2 2026-2027 Season

ForestGreen2026-2027SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Swindon - Jonstone's Paint Trophy South 1st Round - League 1 - Match started off nicely with goals in the 1st and 10th minute, they got one back in the 70th minute but we held on for the win.

vs. Hartlepool - Should of scored more then 1, but a win is a win.

vs. Leicester - Couldn't score but neither could they.

vs. Wrexham - Probably the best match of the season as Andy Payton netted his hat trick in this fast and furious encounter.

vs. Northampton - We just got beaten. Bad match all around.

vs. Boston United - Gave up the penalty early, tied it up then they got a goal...

vs. Altrincham - Scored the first goal, they answered with 3...

We're now in 21st place 2 points above relegation, 14 points out of first.

ForestGreen2026-2027SeptemberTable.png

Forest Green - October Fixtures - Npower League 2 2026-2027 Season

ForestGreen2026-2027OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Morecambe - Andy Payton got his hatrick, solid match, solid defence. Easy 3-0 victory

vs. Plymouth - Johnstone's Paint Trophy S 2nd Round - They're a League 1 club that we got lucky with and scored a goal in extra time to win.

vs. York - Got beaten.

vs. Crawley - We rested some players and won at the end of the match.

vs. Notts County - ended up 2-2. Good match just let in 1 too many goals.

vs. Portsmouth - They kicked our asses across the stadium...

vs. Macclesfield - Was predicted to loose, we did well to win solidly away from home.

vs. AFC Wimbledon - Match of the month, Tom got his hat trick, we won, we dominated.

vs. Molesey - We won with a secondary team. Solid win, too bad we gave up a goal late.

We did a lot better. Currently we don't belong where we are now, but because the table is so tight, we are here.

We are currently in 8th place. 13 points ahead of relegation, 14 points behind 1st.

ForestGreen2026-2027OctoberTable.png

I already got that, team isn't gelling, we need time.

My first year in Spain, it took an entire season for my team to gel. We didn't begin to play well until the final third of the season. Hopefully your boys figure it our quicker :D

My first year in Spain, it took an entire season for my team to gel. We didn't begin to play well until the final third of the season. Hopefully your boys figure it our quicker :D

Looking that way, with the table so tight it might be a rollercoaster, anything is possible

Forest Green - November Fixtures - Npower League 2 2026-2027 Season

Andy Peyton - Player of the Month in League 2

ForestGreen2026-2027NovemberFixtures.png

vs. Walsall - Both sides fought, neither could score.

vs. Rochdale - We took the early lead, then made it 2-0 before they took one back before halftime, then in the 90th we made it 3-1.

vs. Southend - We dominated from the start, Tom got a Brace, Andy got 4 goals. Utter perfection except for the 1 shot on goal that went in.

vs. Luton - Come back form behind victory.

vs. Bournemouth - didn't have 3 players due to international duty and it showed in defense... 3-3 tie was acceptable.

vs. Port Vale - One of those matches we dominated in every way but putting a goal in the net...

vs. Boreham Wood - FA Cup 2nd Round was against Blue Square Bet Premier club and we rightfully dominated.

6th in the Table. 12 points off 1st, 17 points off of relegation...

ForestGreen2026-2027NovemberTable.png

Archived