FM 13 - From Minnows to Champions!

JerseyShoreDave

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torhout 2021-2022 Final Standings Belgium Pro League

Stadium Complete!

We're getting another addition to make the stadium just over 18,000 seats.

6 of our Players are in the World Cup.

Manchester United wanted me, not a bad xfer budget and wage budget but the previous manager got over 100k/week and I'm not even worth 50k?

Finances - 31 million in cash!

Results

Pro League Results - Our Most dominating performance. 30 matches 25 wins 5 ties...

Championship Group - Not as dominant as we were in the League itself, we were still 1st place. Only 1 loss in 40 Domestic League matches which is still very impressive.

Belgian Cup - Straight Forward dominance, nothing was up for debate. Final was a let down as our opposition had gotten lucky to get there.

The Europa Cup - Beerschot AC was the Best Belgian Club in the Europa Cup, First Knockout round they took out Sturm Graz 6-6 on away goals before Liverpool destroyed them. Most interesting is our Parent Club AC Milan won the title.

Champions League

We started our Champions League Knockout Phase against Olympique Marseilles. We went to France and made a lucky 1-1 tie before coming home and slugging them 3-1.

Our next opponents was Spartak Moscow. Again away we pull off a 1-1 before nailing them 4-1 at home.

In the first leg of our Semi Final we got Manchester United and once again fulled off a 1-1 tie. At home we had an epic 3-3 tie which led us to the final on away goals.

The Final was against Manchester City where battled to a 2-2 tie before beating Manchester City in Penalty Kicks to become the European Champions!

The fixtures part 1, part 2

Interesting Champions League Tree - Spartak Moscow knocked out Real Madrid is the other highlight besides Torhout's domination.

We celebrate the Quadruple!

The Key Players

The Squad - Strongest Squad ever. All contracts that were up in a year are in the process of being renewed.

Transfers - Compacting the team, eliminating low end players and preparing for my eventual departure.

Sebastian Hardie - IIs Our new 25 year old Australian Striker we got from Swansea fairly cheap. 52 appearances for 33 goals, 8 assists, and 7 POM honors... I like this guy!

Jesus Melnick - Our 23 year old Chilian Striker did quite considering he was more fill in for injuries and for lesser matches. 43 matches with 19 goals and 9 assists.

Dick Adams - Our 25 year old Dutch midfielder isn't the most Technically gifted midfielder but damn he does well. In 44 appearances he scored 7 goals with 15 assists and 5 POMs. Turns out to kick ass as a Box to Box Midfielder.

Ignacio Garay - Our 22 year old Uruguayian Midfielder was hurt a bit this season but still produced. Our captain and preferred playmaker in the midfield did well when he was on the pitch. In 46 matches he scored 5 goals, and had 14 assists with 2 POM performances.

Javier Martinelli - Our 24 year old Argentinian Striker was impatient cause he wasn't getting much playing time, he was signed as backup... regardless what opportunities he got, he did well for the team. In 30 appearances he scored 9 goals and got 10 assists.

Matteo Huybrechts - Our new 23 year old Belgian defender caused all kinds of problems for everyone he played against with his 7.66 average rating as well as his 7.91 average in the Champions League. In 54 matches he scored once, got 2 assists and got 7 POM honors. He helps the defense greatly and thats what we needed.

Paul Hunt - Our 24 year old American Striker is our 2nd best goal scored but top assist leader. In 50 appearances he scored 28 times, only convert 1 out of 4 penalties, assisted 16 times and had 7 POM honors. He did earn the Champions League Golden Boot this season.

Adam Ambra - Our 28 year old Slovakian defender was hurt a lot, but still played a bit. In 36 appearances he scored twice and has 6 assists. He is last season Fans Player of the year.

Edin Colic - Our 24 year old Bosnian Keeper is our top player IMHO. He's currently wanted by the Evil Manchester City. As usual he played in every match. In 61 appearances he conceded 44 goals and had 28 clean sheets. He is the Belgian Goal Keeper of the Year. Of course I am the reason he won the honor... he knows its all about Incognito!

What Next?

My time is up at this club as I achieved most everything I wanted. I am doing at least the next season here. I get to play the European Super cup against our "Parent" club who won the Euro cup. We have the Club World Cup to win, and by December we'll have yet another addition to the stadium that i want to see. I'll do what's best for the club as I have no angst towards them, its just slowly getting time for a new challenge. I'll re-assess at the end of the season, then comes the task of finding that next club to build up.

Torhout 2022-2023 Christmas Standings Belgium Pro League

News Briefs

Our training camp was in Holland, I know big spenders lol

Despite winning the Champions League, the Belgian League is only ranked 9th.

Shareholders got a 5.5 Million Payout

We receive the more sponsorships in the Belgian League

We surpassed Anderlecht as the most respected club in Belgium

We're the 31st richest club now... I don't think so lol

Season ticket sales rose from 4857 to 6470

Liverpool and Tottenham made offers for me to become their manager

Our Champions League odds are 40-1, our domestic odds are even and are the best in the league.

Torhout is now ranked 12th in Europe up 13 spots.

Belgium won the World Cup over Holland 1-0

New Sponsorships - Money :cool: About time I surpassed Anderlecht.

Torhout Stadium now boasts 19.607 seats!

Season Expectations - Win the League with almost 14 million transfer budget and 470k/week salary....

Results

Belgian Super Cup - What can I say, can't win 'em all. Even though the match was at home we just couldn't score.

European Super Cup - Very Close match in literally every way, took to extra time to get the breakthru goal to win.

Belgian Pro League - On top with a 5 point advantage but have 3 more games to play then Anderlecht so we're in great shape going into the Championship Group.

Champons League Groups - On Top in Group D, Anderlecht got knocked into the Europa Cup. In Group G we and Zenit St. Petersburg advanced in the Champions League. Our next opponents in the Champions League is Olympic Marseilles again.

Depending on what happens in the new year we'll see if I decide to stay or not. I've now accomplished everything I planned on accomplishing at the club. I hope I can leave the club in great shape to at least continue being a contender in future seasons. This season will determine a lot.

You've made Torhout one of the top clubs. Would any other club tempt you away or is there still more to accomplish?

Well I wanted to see what the AI does once I leave, would Torhout remain a top club at least in Belgium or would it drop to obscurity. In my Iceland game in a previous edition of FM, I almost left just to have 750 million in transfer funds from Barcelona lol. I was thinking of going to another country and build up another team while keeping an eye and see how the game handles Torhout after I leave.

I think I accomplished all I can with the club, doing it over again, maybe doable, we'll see :)

I don't think you should leave until you max out your facilities and raise up your stadium. So that the club can reach a level in which it can be self-sufficient. It can produce worldclass talent, while having enough money to keep them,without running into debt.

I don't think you should leave until you max out your facilities and raise up your stadium. So that the club can reach a level in which it can be self-sufficient. It can produce worldclass talent, while having enough money to keep them,without running into debt.

Stadium is almost 20,000 seats, not sure we can get another addition, might need a new stadium and that wouldn't happen until 2035, assuming there's still 20 years between new stadiums. And my board isn't the most loving when it comes too facilities :(

Torhout 2022-2023 Final Standings Belgium Pro League

Stadium Expansion - Additional 1257 seats. Something tells me this is the last expansion Torhout Stadium can handle...

Forgot to mention in the Half season update but Club World Cup happened in December and we won it.

Pro League - Won it by 19 points...

Championship Group - Won it by 21 points...

The Belgian Cup - Easy till the final.

Champions League Tree - Steady too the Final... In this case our Goalie stopped 2 shots giving us the win!

The Finances - 26 million in the Bank

The Transfers - Brought in more youth and potential starters, overall we got a good haul in. Otherwise we sold those who can't compete on our level anymore, some never could. We even dumped off some good talented strikers who just couldn't do it for us. 24 million in, 20 million out... we did fine.

The Squad - If I have to call a weakness in our squad... its the lack of quality home grown talent. We have a good amount of it, but could use more. Otherwise we are doing well here.

The Squad

Tan Shengyi - We got the 27 year old Chinese midfielder from Liverpool. He got injured and made only 15 appearances scoring twice with 6 assists. He's apparently quite popular in China... not sure how much of this is attributed to him, but our Merchandise sales doubled in the last year... Hopefully this season he'll be healthy and be able to show his skills.

Edin Colic - The man who I consider the most important player on the team. He's wanted by Manchester City and Barcelona but we just dealed with him and his agent on a new contract setting his Salary from 7,500 to 30k a week. He only wanted 22,500 but I figured he's equal to whomever gets the highest salary easily. He's the only player who plays every match, second best plays almost 20 less matches. In all 64 matches plated he gave up 50 goals, had 24 clean sheets, with an average rating of 7.05. Assuming he renews this is great news. He's also our highest rated player at 4.5 stars. Loosing him to the other giants would be a crime. He was the Belgian Pro League goalkeeper of the Year. And once again dedicated it to me.

Paul Hunt - Our 25 year old American is tied for top Goal Scorer. In 44 matches he scored 25 goals, was 5/5 in penalties, had 12 assists with 5 POM honors. He's doing well but he's only got 3 stars, and is basically our worst ranking main striker for some reason, If I can get the 9.5 million for him... thats worth almost 2 all star strikers from South America.. We'll see how things go.

Sebastian Hardie - Our 26 year old Australian is our other top striker and is also rated at 3 stars now. In 40 matches he scored 25 goals with 8 assists and 4 POM matches. He is doing well but I'm not sure if I should keep with him or sell him for high money just to get in some new high scoring blood and save some money...

Doriva - In January I couldn't resist bringing this guy in.... a new 22 year old Brazilian striker. In 20 matches he scored 15 times with 3 assists and 2 PoM honors. I think we might be on to something here :)

Jesus Melnick - Our 24 year old Chilean striker to me is overrated lol. 33 matches for 18 goals and 8 assists, I dunno. He's got good stats but seems to fail in the big matches...

Andres Renteria - Our 30 year old Columbian Striker did ok as well. Trying to get rid of him cause in big matches he just doesn't succeed. In 22 matches he scored 15 goals, missed a penalty kick, had 4 assists and 3 POMs. Unfortunately he only does well in matches against lame domestic teams... getting paid 30k a week for that duty doesn't cut it.

Felipe Gonzalez - One of our Midfield Generals. The 22 year old Chilean midfielder had a great year. 36 matches, in which he scored 5 goals with 15 assists (top assist leader) and 3 POM honors. He was injured a bit but performed great when he played.

Ignacio Garay - Our 23 year old uruguayian midfielder had a banner year too. 40 matches, scoring 6 goals, converted a penalty, had 10 assists and 4 POM honors along with 15 yellow cards :)

The upcoming season...

With the success we had last season I'm staying on again to see what we can do, maybe things will get a boost or 2. I was checking out potential low end clubs and non struck my fancy... if I find the right small club to go to I may jump ship. So far being able to keep the players (at least I think) will be huge in keeping me at the club. Assuming our goalkeeper resigns I would too.

Torhout 2023-2024 Christmas Standings Belgium Pro League

News Briefs

Belgian League dropped 1 to 10th...

Our Training camp was in Holland... *yawns* real exotic :)

Our new 1 year sponsorship deal is up to 7.75 million up from 5.63 million.

Season ticket sales are up to 7822 up from 6470 last year.

My odds of winning the Belgian League are 5-4... 5-2 for Anderlecht...

My odds of winning the Champions League are 16-1

Stadium Upgraded - Our stadium is now 20,864 seats!

I dispute this, we're NOT the 23rd richest club...

I also dispute being the 2nd top club in Europe...

Results

Season Expectations - 10 million for transfers lol...

Belgian Pro League - Played 18 games in the League winning 17 matches, 1 tie, 0 losses!

Belgian Super Cup - 2-1 win over Anderlecht...

European Super Cup - 2-1 win over Leverkusen

World Club Championship - Demolished the Tunisian Club 7-0 before beating Sao Paulo in a close 3-2 match.

Champions League Group B - Sure we qualified for the Knockout Stage but getting second to Athletico Madrid is worrying. We Tied a match with FCP 2-2 in Portugal, and we lost to Athletico Madrid in Spain and as a result got second in our Group.

Second Half of the Season

We Play Manchester City in the Knockout Round, they're pretty much the gold standard, ranked top team in the world, they want my goalkeeper Colic... I hate 'em with a passion.

My board gave me 3 million more to play with... wonder if they're trying to tell me something???? I'll find someone to boost the ranks...

Changed some staff, including my Assistant Manager. Could of done better with transfers, both in and out. But it isn't meant to be. having a hard time bring in players as talented as I already have that fall in my salary cap of 25-30k.

In Paris, We played PSG first... ended up a 1-1 tie, Colic blocked the initial penalty kick, but the rebound got in :(

At home PSG took control in the 4th minute... but we tied it in the 24th and went into half time 1-1... Right after half time in the 46th we took the lead... then in the 69th made it 3-1.... but PSG wasn't done... They got one back but no more... we win 3-2... 4-3 on aggregate.

Our reward... semi finals vs. Manchester United... other semi is SLB vs Arsenal.

At home we got to play Manchester United, we took the early lead in the 12th minute, only for Neymar tie it up, it ended 1-1...

At old Trafford... things went bad to worse... Neymar scored in the first minute...and then 4 more times... we did pull one back but... we lost the match 5-1... and therefore 6-2 on aggregate.

Torhout 2023-2024 Final Standings Belgium Pro League

Tottenham comes around wanting my as their manager... sorry...

Belgian Pro League - Solid Performance! 1 tie and 3 losses.

Championship Group - Should of been better!

Belgian Cup - Other than a Seventh Round scare... pretty straight and solid.

Champions League - Manchester United won the title...

The club made more funds available... this is important...

The Finances - 8 Million in the bank, projected loss...

The Boardroom - I'm well within the Limits of the my budgets... notice how disappointed the club is at our 6-2 aggregate loss... hell a few years ago it would of been appreciated... I'm suppose to make AMENDS???? WTH...

The Transfers - Brought back Sergey for a lack of available affordable strikers and considering Southampton had him on transfer and Anderlecht was bidding on him... I had to get him and he was happy to work with me again... win win. No one else really did that great other then Toby was great for a 36 year old defender when called upon. And I took a chance when I bought Vukajlovic from Norwich for 17.25 to make our left back position solid... it became solid... just not enough. We sold Beershot, who finished 3rd and was beastly this year beating us once and going to a 4-4 draw, the man who became their top goalkeeper. And we sold Boca, Melnick our former Chilean Striker for a good price which enabled us to pick up the overpriced defender.

The Squad - Its huge to be honest, not able to get the price on players that they're worth to sell. Not sure what to do. so many options, no clear choices.

Had a quick power outaqe happen so I couldn't save my previous game, so I had to redo the Manchester City 2nd leg that I previously posted here.

We got the 1-1 tie instead of a 2-1 loss. These things happen since Hurricane Sandy :(

Thanks to cerud w/the motivating thought :)

No problems! ;)

Torhout 2023-2024 - Key Players

Paul Hunt - Our 26 year old American Striker proved himself to me this season. He is the Belgian Pro League Top Goal Scorer with 24. In 44 matches he scored 41 goals with 14 assists and 8 POM honors as well as hitting 2/3 of his penalties. I'm very happy to be wrong, he'll be my go to striker next season.

Sergey Khizhnichenko - He's back! I knew he could at least play back up and play in less important matches for us. when injuries came he took over and solidified his spot. In 38 matches he scored 19 goals with 11 assists.

Sebastian Hardie - Our 27 year old Australian Striker proved himself as well. In 40 matches he scored 15 and assisted 15. He came up with more big goals then anyone, its not quantity with him, its timing.

Doriva - Our 23 year old Brazilian didn't have a good year... he's young, he's Brazilian, he's got the stats... yet 27 matches, 11 goals, 7 assists. He slacked behind the other guys and therefore didn't get the time on the pitch... he picked up the tally on backup duty playing lame teams in the Belgian Cup and League...

Jean-Paul Langil - When having a B team, one needs a third cog, and he was it. The 23 year old French striker is alright stat wise, way over priced but can score. In 28 matches he scored 12 with 11 assists. Half his goals came in Champions League matches.

Tan Shengyi - Our 28 year ld chinese midfielder had a good season. In 35 appearances he scored once but had 12 assists. With a 7.33 average rating you know he's doing something right as a Box to box midfielder.

Ignacio Garay - Our 24 year old Uruguayan captain had a great year. In 37 matches he scored 4 with 14 assists and 5 POM honors... his 7.49 rating proves he's good!

Felipe Gonzalez - Our 23 year old Chilean midfielder is one of the best players we have. He played in 37 matches, scoring 15 goals, giving 12 assists with an average rating of 7.75!!! He's the man in the midfield, when we're over powered he finds the forwards to make the goals happen.

Edin Colic - Our 26 year old goalie had a good year... He played in 63 matches conceding 60 goals and had 25 clean sheets. Without him I don't know if we would of ever won a European Cup.

Next Season

Well the season of change is here. To get anything done at the club will require a ton of transfers due to the lack of funds. I don't see things getting better faster cause of the economics of transfers. Buying increasingly better players requires increasing income which isn't happening as fast as necessary. Not sure who to cut that'll make a large enough pocket to get in players of calibre who are willing to play for a max of 30k.

Torhout End of Season 2023-2024

I resigned as Manager of Torhout effective immediately on May 31st, 2024.

I signed a contract with Forest Green. On Jun 4th I signed a 5 year contract at 750/wk. I'll give more details in the future. They are in the Blue Square Bet South

Roberto Donadoni is the new manager of Torhout, let's see how does in charge.

Last seasons results dropped Torhout to the 3rd top European Club.

Forest Green Presseason Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025

Season Expectations - Win the League. 2 seasons ago the previous manager got the team relegate from the Blue Square Bet Premier League, last season he made the playoffs to go back up... he made the final only to lose... and get fired. They're desperate to return.

Promotion Odds - Overall second, Media backs me though.

Cash injection...

Funny thing is the club did make a profit of 1.4 million. No idea where it went.

Preseason Results

ForestGreen2024-2025PreseasonFriendlies.png

vs. Blackburn - They're in the Npower Championship... I can't believe we won this after going down 3-0.... to win it 4-3.

vs. AFC Wimbledon - They're in the Npower League 2... We played well and 1 goal made the difference.

vs. Cirencester - They're a low level semi professional club that we deomolished 6-1.

vs. Bristol City - They're our parent Club and reside in the Premiership. We were able to compete and lost 3-2.

Preseason Thoughts...

We're broke we need money. I got a thin but talented team and to me I think I can get promotion. If we battle every team like we did the teams in pre season it shouldn't be bad at all. Couldn't hang on to their top player who went away for free, but that's life. Can't sell all the players I want to sell so I can bring in better ones but that'll get sorted out in time. I'm amazed we did as well as we did with just 2 months at the helm.

Forest Green - August Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

Season tickets went from 195 last season to 189 this season.

ForestGreen2024-2025FixturesAugust-24.png

vs. Bishop's Stortford - We were favorites in this match, but it turned out to be one of the lamest 1-1 ties I've ever seen... We definitely underperformed.

vs. Hayes & Yeading - We were tied at half time 2-2; in the second hand our defense tightened up and we delievered 3 goals to their one, ending our first epic league match 5-3 in our favor.

vs. Sutton Utd - Tight match at home again as we seem uncomfortable playing in front of the home crowd, at least we won 1-0

vs. Ebbsfleet - They were the favorites, and in the second half we came back from a 1-0 deficit to get them 3-1.

vs. Braintree - They were the favorites and they won. We didn't play bad but not good enough either.

Currently in 5th Place in the Table:

ForestGreen2024-2025August24Table.png

Forest Green - September Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

ForestGreen2024-2025September24fixtures.png

vs. Chelmsford - We started the month off against a team already in relegation, but they fought us off to a 2-2 tie, some of our guys got a rest but we dropped 2 points...

vs. Eastbourne Boro - We played the upper mid table team alright, we came back from behind twice to secure yet another 2-2 tie.

vs Aldershot - The bookies had them winning the league over us and they started the month in 19th place. We scored in the first minute with a header from a central defender, and then in the 11th minute victory was secured by out most skilled striker Ajose. Giving us the 2-0 victory.

vs. Merthyr T In our FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round we met low division club. We dominated the match but gave up a goal late, overall could of been better but a win is a win.

vs Harrow - Coming into the month Harrow lost its first 5 matches... We scored 4 in the first half... second half they scored on us but still a solid victory for the Green Army.

vs. Oxford City - When we played them they were top of the table, we came back from behind to get the tie. Would of been nice to have gained 3 points on them, but we're satisfied with another point in our corner.

Up to 4th in the Table, up 1 spot from last month.

ForestGreen2024-2025September24table.png

Won 4k in the FA Cup, every bit helps. Surprised how well we're doing with such a small squad.

Forest Green - October Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

October 2024 BSS Manager of the Month!

ForestGreen2024-2025OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Slough - 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. We dominated and destroyed them 6-1. Of course letting in the goal at the end once more...

vs. Barnet - Solid match and solid win giving some guys a rest...

vs. Maidenhead - gave other guys a rest, not sure if they're playing football or thumb wrestling... probably the most disappointing performance.

vs Barnet - 2nd time we played them this month, this time FA Cup 4th round... figured it would be an easy match... of course neither team could score... goes to a replay...

vs Barnet - 3rd time we played them this month, now the FA Cup replay with a tired team... after 90 it was 2-2. Took till the 101st minute to get the winning goal... last thing we needed was another match.

vs Bromley - Scored early , Bromley scored late... nothing new. Tired team.

vs. Dorchester - More solid performance. Was close in the first half, second half we played with more conviction.

Still 4th place, but now only 5 points off 1st

ForestGreen2024-2025OctoberTable.png

Forest Green - November Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

Our Board gives us 60k

ForestGreen2024-2025NovemberFixtures.png

vs. Kettering - We played the BSN team in the 1st round of the FA Cup. It took 84 minutes to get the win...

vs. Welling - Yet another come back from behind tie, disappointing.

vs. Hinckley - FA Trophy 3rd Qualification Round - They're a BSN team. First half was quiet, second half the fireworks began and we got the best of it.

vs. Staines - Huge win, our star striker get a hat trick... Solid win in a match betters though we'd loose.

vs. Nuneaton - FA Trophy First Round - Got lucky late for the tie, annoying match should of won it.

vs. Nuneaton - FA Trophy First Round Replay - Scored twice, once in the 89th, once in the 91st for pick up the win!

vs. Crawley - FA Cup 2nd Round - They're League 2 side and absolutely destroyed us without mercy...

4th Place still, 7 points behind 1st.

ForestGreen2024-2025NovemberTable.png

Forest Green - December Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

ForestGreen2024-2025Decomberfixtures.png

vs. Farnborough - Lifeless draw from the boys... disappointing considering they're in relegation.

vs. Kingstonian - disappointing to loose the lead to fellow title contenders

vs. Wealdstone - Was suppose to be a match to rest the boys and win... pfffft... another lifeless draw

vs. AFC Telford - BSN team we play in the FA Trophy 2nd Round... ended up yet ANOTHER cup tie needing a replay...

vs. AFC Telford - The FA Trophy 2nd Round Replay was another tight affair, at half time it was 2-2 but thanks to a goal in the second half we get the job done.

vs. Weston-Super-Mare - We struck 2 goals in 20 minutes to secure this away win.

vs. Hayes & Yeading - late goal in this yawner got us what we wanted... 3 points.

vs. Ebbsfleet - Another easy win turned into a tie... as usual.

We're 5th in the table, 9 points out... the board seeks 1st place...

ForestGreen2024-2025DecomberTable.png

Outlook

January is here, and so is opportunities. With the board expecting 1st place, I doubt I can deliver with a team I can't really do much with at this point when it comes to transactions I got my hands tied badly. At least I got all the important players contracts thru next season.

Whats with your team and drawing ?

What would you say is causing this inconsistency in results ?

We mostly comeback from behind, or get a goal and our opponents tie it up late. My starting team consists of players who have 1/2 a star to 4 1/2 stars. the biggest problem is getting my team enough rest as there aren't enough players to properly rotate the squad. When we have more rest between matches we tend to do better. I need money for more players, and the board wants me to sell players of which I'm willing to ditch 3 so I can shore up 2 more players but no one wants the one's I want to ditch... its just not the best situation.

Forest Green - January Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

140k Cash injection by our board!

ForestGreen2024-2025JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. Sutton - one of those crappy matches where we hit the woodwork 3 times... 2nd loss of the season.

vs. Chelmsford - We tied it up but couldn't get a win.

vs. Tonbridge - We showed the class we supposedly have by outscoring our competition.

vs. Chester - FA Trophy 3rd Round - BSB team once again kept up the tradition of cup ties, this time 1-1.

vs. Chester - FA Trohpy 3rd Round Replay - Was pushing to go extra time... but in the 93rd minute we won at the last moment...

vs. Aldershot - once again the evil 1-1 tie, we came back from behind...

vs. Braintree - Demolished the top team in our league in the first half 4-0... second half they got one back... one of the best games yet.

vs. Northhampton - FA Trophy 4th Round we went back to the evil 1-1 tie in the cup where we lost the lead again...

vs. Northhampton - FA Trophy 4th Round Replay, we came back from behind to get the victory and advance.

In 6th place, 11 points behind first.

ForestGreen2024-2025JanuaryTable.png

Forest Green - February Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

Another 60k cash infusion

Our Newest Signing won Player of the month

ForestGreen2024-2025FebruaryFixtures.png

Vs. Harrow - We played the worst team in the League at home and dominated, was able to rest a few guys too :)

Vs. Bishop's Stortford - First of 5 matches on the road, our best striker Nicky got a hat trick in our 4-1 victory!

vs. Barnet - Our promotion rivals took the lead before we battled back for the win!

vs. Oxford City - Another top team just ripped apart by our on fire team... 2-0 could of been 5-0.

vs. Salisbury - FA Trophy Semi Final Leg 1 - We were suppose to lose but we dominated for once in a cup match against BSP opposition!

vs. Eastbourne Boro - scored early and got scored upon late for another tie.

vs. Salisbury - FA Trophy Semi Final Leg 2 - Home advantage didn't help us as much as I would of liked. Got the tie late in the 81st minute. But we're in the finals!

We're in second place now, behind Braintree by a point!

ForestGreen2024-2025FebruaryTable.png

Forest Green - March Update - Blue Square Bet South 2024-2025 Season

120k cash infusion from the board...

Manager of the Month for March

ForestGreen2024-2025MarchFixtures.png

vs. Maidenhead - We walked into the match in a ball of fire, and it showed, should've been a lot more goals but I'm satisfied with the solid 4-1 win... once again we let one in late.

vs. Bromley - Not at our bast, but we won and got the 3 points, so its passable.

vs. Dorchester - Figured we'd lose this since I was trying our new defensive tactic for our Cup Final, and we got another 1-0 victory.

vs. Preston North End - Preston has been in bad in the last decade, last season they dropped into the Blue Square Bet Premier League and are in 2nd place there. They're the favorites for this match. I was counting on my top goal keeper to be there, but he was at the 18 and under Irish match... why they schedule it the sametime... I don't know. Not only that but our 31 year old back up keeper... got hurt the day before... so instead I had to use my 16 year old youth goal keeper for the match. He's not better then regional Premier League action... otherwise our top players were well rested and instead of the normal 4-3-3 we used a 5-3-2 since I was very afraid of Preston's strike force. At Wembley stadium we came out and we fought... in fact it boiled down to a midfield battle that got us through both 90 and 120 minutes. Our young goal keeper was not prepared for this onslaught and we lost in Penalties 5-3. Most impressively if you look at the stats... not 1 shot on our goal during 120 minutes, we had 2 shots on goal to our credit. We still got around 20k for our efforts. Can't complain given the resources I had I can say we did our best losing 5-3 in Penalties. We an be proud being runner's up in the match.

vs. Welling - I was afraid after the cup letdown that the team would be off their game, I couldn't be more wrong. We were solid in the match leading to my manager of the month honors.

We are currently in 1st place leading by 1 point.

ForestGreen2024-2025MarchTable.png

Archived