Handball

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but do you ever get handballs in this game? There seem to be several (usually optimistic) shouts for handball in the box most real games these days - not seen a penalty for handball on FM before.

Discussed before. You need to watch full match to see them, as they aren't deemed key/extended highlights. Having said that, you don't see many handball penalties being given. Most of the handballs I've seen were in the middle of the pitch.

There's needs to be more. I rarely, if ever have seen a yellow card/red card for "Handball", unless its under "unsporting conduct" or another category.

Discussed before. You need to watch full match to see them, as they aren't deemed key/extended highlights. Having said that, you don't see many handball penalties being given. Most of the handballs I've seen were in the middle of the pitch.

There's needs to be more. I rarely, if ever have seen a yellow card/red card for "Handball", unless its under "unsporting conduct" or another category.

I've seen a handball only watching extended highlights.

It was from open play where my defender jumped in the air and punched the ball. He only got a yellow card - could've been red.

Why does there need to be more :S? There are probably either 0 or 1 free kick/penalty given in a game on a Saturday for handball....

I play on comprehensive and I've never seen one for a free kick or penalty. 6 seasons of gameplay, warrants a few. As others have said I rarely get penalties from slide tackles. For some reason they're all inch perfect tackles.

Same with the amount of corners I get from the wide men crossing on the byline and hitting the fullback. On average my wingers will hit the fullback 2-3 times a game, winning a corner. Yet it never touches their hand/arm?

Anyways, it's been like this for ages, so not a huge deal. I've seen more players booked for diving, than I have for handballs, which is the opposite of what I see IRL.

I got one on extended highlights in the Premier League last season with Brighton (second season), the ball was going over my players head on the halfway line (there were covering defenders) but he decided to raise his arm into the air and punch the ball. Straight red. I was not happy :mad:

Although it was kind of cool they had the animation in.

I've seen a handball only watching extended highlights.

It was from open play where my defender jumped in the air and punched the ball. He only got a yellow card - could've been red.

Must have had a more lenient ref than me, my best striker got a straight red for that, couldn't believe it! It was from a goalkick and yes he jumped in the air with his arm up but I really can't see how it warranted a red, a yellow for such a handball perhaps, but red?! I appealed but it was unsuccessful, though thankfully they didn't extend the ban any further than one game.

But other than that I do see handballs very rarely, certainly can't recall a penalty ever being given cause of a handball.

Archived