Your final rating of the game. scale 1-10

I don't have to be happy with the game either. But I am. And I agree mostly with wwfan on these issues raised, and not you, Toney. This game is better than any other game out there. I really do think so. It keeps getting better with every edition, and it wasn't even worse than FM 12 when it came out, as you seem to be implying. It would take one hell of a job for a competitor to come up with a football management game as good as this is .... and I suppose that is part of the reason that there aren't any competitors.

Could the game be better? Of course. Is the price of the game too high for the quality you get, compared to other games? No it's not. I can't think of any other game that has been giving me even close to the satisfaction I have had with CM/FM through the years.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wwfan, as much as I respect what you have to say this was not a thread that needed to become a back & forth discussion on the merits of FM tactical theories, we've already had a thread or two where we all had the chance to discuss the matter in great depth.

At the risk of further derailing the conversation would it not be wiser to just let people post their honest reviews of the game?

Overall Rating 3/10

Game should now be called Morale Manager.

Morale takes over the game too much, either go on really long bad runs or really long unbeaten runs, to the extent that in my final save I won the Premier League in the first season with West Ham!

Have now lost interest completely, this is the version of the series which I have binned most quickly.

Maybe it's just me but I am just not interested in Press Conferences and Team Talks etc

• Administrators
Overall Rating 3/10

Game should now be called Morale Manager.

Morale takes over the game too much, either go on really long bad runs or really long unbeaten runs, to the extent that in my final save I won the Premier League in the first season with West Ham!

Have now lost interest completely, this is the version of the series which I have binned most quickly.

Maybe it's just me but I am just not interested in Press Conferences and Team Talks etc

Why not play FMC then as neither are in the game?

I'm not interested in these either so I let my assistant take control of them.

At least FM gives us options for this sort of thing.

624 hours on my one and only FM13 save with Newcastle. I would give this version 8 out of 10. My favorite version so far. Sure there are some issues, but none of it really affects my enjoyment. I won't get into what I do or don't like, but overall it's a great game.

Some numbers are more important than other, but there's no reason for the DB not to be perfect, specially when the game retails for as much as it does.

If I'm gonna pay for this as much as I pay for Halo 4, then I expect a certain level of quality in every aspect.

And the award for most condescending post goes to......this guy!

If you're unhappy with the players values and attributes, speak to the relevant researchers who submitted them. I don't think theres a lot wrong with most of the players. Those I don't believe is accurate is based on my perception of the players. You could also go and edit them, your mentionings of the injury prone value for players suggests you already use some editor for things anyway.

As for my thoughts on the game, really enjoying it, over 400 hours, most on one save with Southampton too. I love that a back 3 actually works now, something that really struggled in FM12. I'd love to see more transfer action with my players, I very rarely get offers made unless i've put them on the list for my DOF. That'll come though. 7/10...always room for improvement but a good start with a new ME.

Match engine was the major issue for me, 6/10.

This is first FM that i didn't purchase since early 90's, and living in USA i use to order from UK (didn't want WSM ) and had no problems paying almost double price for it.

But after all of reports on this forums about ME bugs , i passed it.

Hopefully SI will fix ME, and till then game is not must buy anymore, sadly.FM 12 and FM 10 can cover it just fine.

And the award for most condescending post goes to......this guy!

If you're unhappy with the players values and attributes, speak to the relevant researchers who submitted them. I don't think theres a lot wrong with most of the players. Those I don't believe is accurate is based on my perception of the players. You could also go and edit them, your mentionings of the injury prone value for players suggests you already use some editor for things anyway.

I was led to believe this was a thread to leave our impressions on the game, so I did... MY BAD :p

I don't play the full game anymore, and you can't use the editor with FMC, unfortunately, as it goes against SI's micro-transactions model. There was an exploit back at release to allow for changes, but it got fixed.

I'll give you the point about perception when it comes to attributes, but what really bothers me is players having high injury proneness when they have no recorded injuries IRL (though a bunch of them have been fixed recently).

I'll give you another example: Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey) only allows for 5 subs in game, when IRL it allows for 7. You don't need Interpol to research that, you just need to turn on the TV. And we're not talking about some third world league, it's a competition that has Real Madrid and Barcelona in, people from all over the world see those games.

The fact that the ME has become worse than last year's,

the disappearance of the classic overview screen,

and the 2D engine is not as smooth as it should be (because not everyone likes the 3D),

Make me give it a 5/10. Every year I stop playing the old game and start with the new one, but not this year. And that is worrying for me.

fg2H9Wv.jpg

At release: 5/10

Xmas: 6/10

Now: 7/10

As you can see I've played very little these last few weeks due to being disenchanted with the ME. I agree that SI are going forward with it but you've just taken my money for a beta product. Ok, it's just the ME that's "beta", but it is a massive part of the game, probably the most important one for the majority of the players. I stopped watching the matches and just going commentary mode at full speed and made the match day experience better but, again, that wasn't what I paid for. I sometimes feel like watching some highlights and I'm afraid of what I might find...! Also, and very important, please fix the amount of times our team's shots hit the woodwork! It's RI. DI. CU. LOUS!!! :lol:

Besides the ME, I can live with the minor gripes/bugs that the game has except for one:

- player contracts decisions. it's been well talked about by many users already and what annoys me the most is when I just can't secure a new player or renew an existing contract to then see that same player sign for another team for half the wages or less

Having said that I'll still buy FM14 at release, SI retain my confidence. But, you're on thin ice now!!! :D

100 hours played

Game rating: 7/10

I like FM13, its certainly a step in the right direction, bar perhaps the ME. I got FM13 as many others did on day 1 and it has taken me until late Feb/ early March to really get into a save, I woud say that is mainly down to the ME. It has simply takn me this long and various trial and eror saves to really get to grips with it, and although I am fairly comfortable with it, in the sense that I have a tactic which is winning me things and I like watching most of the time. Player intelligence or lack thereof sort of ruins it a little for me. I see very few square balls for tap ins, indeed most my players would rather shot from daft angles instead of passing crosses perhaps aren't effective enough leading to overrated CD ratings. And lot of corners, for me at least. I see players head the ball on in acres of space instead of controlling it, and still my corner takers are regularly offside when they get the ball back. Silly mistakes like my player standing still and letting a player run onto the ball for a break away instead of closing down the ball and passing or clearing it. These things are perhaps somewhat petty complaints but they are annoying.

Love the training side now as I never really got into it but now feel I can have a real impact on training my players, I like the UI for the most part and enjoyed FMC.

Game time: 28 days, 3 hours.

Game rating: 6/10

ME rating: 5/10 Still needs much adjustment, mainly on: 1)far too frequent injuries and sudden condition drop, 2) exaggerated home team advantage, and 3) ridiculous number of crosses flying towards goal.

Non-ME rating: 7/10 Overall game play is decent, except the players' salary demands and the agents' fee demands, which was pointed out in this thread already.

885 hours on 1 save played since beta, gone through all the updates play on full match mode currently in 2018/19 season.

Would like: Better Ai Management, iron out Match engine and better Interaction between clubs, players etc.

Major Gripe: updating this year was shambolic and unacceptable that it took 5 months to get the game up to scratch

Overall rating 8/10

I agree with a lot of the criticism of the match engine, it just ruins a brilliant game for me. The detail within the game is fantastic and I think a lot of aspects of the game have been improved since FM 2012. The perfect scenario would be all of the features of FM 2013, but with the match engine of 2012!

7/10

0 Hours (I make content for the game far more than I play it)

I have definitely noticed this year a marked decrease in people downloading the file I create compared to last year. Whether or not this is due to peoples perceptions or their own misconceptions of the game I do not know, but it seems that an unrefined ME embarrassed SI this year. Props go to the work they have done to fix it. However they should not have bitten off more than they could chew. Going forward the ME should only get better.

Some bizarre bugs in the editor and the lack of added features has led to its desecration. There needs to be a focus on drastically improving the editor, in which some features have been mostly neglected since their addition.

There are some parts of the game that I do like though, including the skin which is outstanding IMO.

Overall I would give a rating of 4/10.

I've had a couple of cracking long term saves which I've really enjoyed and got good regens from which kept them going. There are plenty of things that could be improved though like some match engine issues and things like weird attribute distribution, why are defensive midfielders all weaklings? All in all though I've enjoyed it too much that the little things never particularly bothered me.

8/10

761 hours of play (95% of them just holidaying and waiting :D )

to stay on topic just gonna use the same points OP used to give a rating

ME 7/10 - i think its "ok", displays the basic flow of a football game, keepers reaction and animation though are terrible and takes away most of the fun, thats why either holiday or take commentary

Transfer market - 2/10 - game gets easier the longer you play, when player is on 6 month ending contract, you will get him 100% if you offer him a contract... one of many weak points of the AI, it sucks the fun out of the game if you actually watch what the AI is doing over the years (better to look away).

Regens/Newgens[/b]. 3/10 - still a big weak point, i mean you can improve your youth facilities, but if you play in a small/low profile country, the presettings for regenerated players remain the same, doesnt matter that you put 20 millions into youth buildings, all youth will remain terrible for the most part.. also i dont understand when i say that my youth teams shall play the same tactics as first team... why do i get regen players for positions i dont use?.. makes no sense.. makes me think theres no work put into this area in the game.. its just "there"...

Press conferences- no rating - i dont use them, always send my assistant.

Interface - 7/10 - its okay once you get the hang of it, altough there are alot room for small improvement (training screen for example), but there are enough topics to cover it, dont want to put up a list here and now.

Graphics[/b] - no rating - not fair to judge a small(er) studio that the game doesnt look like fifa, but i wouldnt mind to drop all the grapics, and focus work on the AI and other stuff... 2D is enough, at least for me...

Network - no rating - never tried it.

so thats rougly a 5/10 overall~

ME 7/10 - i think its "ok", displays the basic flow of a football game, keepers reaction and animation though are terrible and takes away most of the fun, thats why either holiday or take commentary

The animations have nothing to do with the ME.

People need to distinguish between the 2D/3D representation and the actual ME.

This is the first year since CM 03/04 that I haven't really wanted to play that much. Initially I think I only played it due to just being in the routine of just playing FM but in the last month or two I have hardly played it without just loading a new game then quitting after about half an hour

4/10

1265 hours.

Its still too easy to spot and sign quality players that the AI overlooks, and its too easy to hold on to players that bigger AI clubs should be interested in. In short, the AI just isn't aggressive enough. It sits back and watches you team build over ridiculously short periods (in my current save I've managed 7 teams and won promotion with 6 of them within 2 seasons of joining the club). I want to be challenged whether I'm Barcelona or Bromsgrove Rovers.

There's no discernible difference between AI managers during games against me. It doesn't matter whether I'm up against a Mourihno or an unknown part-time manager from depths of the English regional leagues - neither of them surprise me with some tactical mastery during a game. If I'm playing against a Mourinho or Fergie I'd expect him to be tactically more challenging to outwit than a pub team manager from the Northern League. I'm not sure exactly how this would be implemented so maybe I'm asking for the impossible here, but I look at AI managers and all their wealth of attributes and experience and it means nothing (or so it seems).

The ME has issues - the worst for me being goalkeeper positioning - especially in the lower leagues. Other than that the ME is a positive step forward from the cartoon football that came in previous versions thanks mainly to collision detection and ball physics. Both have added much needed ingredients to the gameplay, which is much more dynamic and fun to watch (despite the few outstanding flaws).

Apart from the remaining issues in the ME I'd like to see some love given to the overall matchday experience for '14. Its woefully boring and bland. Lets see some proper after match celebrations when you've beaten a fierce rival, won a trophy, secured the title, or avoided relegation. Football is about emotion. In FM11 Miles Jacobson often talked about the "emotion engine" that was introduced in that game. What we really got were a few extra goal celebrations. Lets see some proper emotion for FM14 !!!

The editor has been the biggest let down for me. I must have spent a few hundred hours on it building various custom DBs only to find a lot of the features are bugged or don't work as intended. Bug reports I submitted months ago still went unfixed.

Overall 7/10

1217 hours - 7/10 rating overall

I feel that the issues that FM2013 has had will benefit the series in the future, especially the new match engine. The data and feedback from this year's release will hopefully lead to a much more coherent and solid ME for next year's release. Training too has been criticised by some but I've come to really value the new module and see a lot of potential for it going forward - same with Directors Of Football and more staff options.

Classic mode and the more immersive approach to joining, managing and interacting with a club have been very welcome too.

Next year's release needs to be more polished closer to its initial release though, making use of the lessons learned with FM2013 so far. Not sure I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt if similar problems exist... unless SI offer up yet more rough diamond new modules.

Around 4-5 hours of the demo way back at release, as I simply could not get used to the UI. Might give it another go once the full game's in some kind of massive discount sale, assuming I can locate a skin that pretty much changes everything. That, or just wait for the FM14 demo.

0 Hours (I make content for the game far more than I play it)

I have definitely noticed this year a marked decrease in people downloading the file I create compared to last year. Whether or not this is due to peoples perceptions or their own misconceptions of the game I do not know, but it seems that an unrefined ME embarrassed SI this year. Props go to the work they have done to fix it. However they should not have bitten off more than they could chew. Going forward the ME should only get better.

Some bizarre bugs in the editor and the lack of added features has led to its desecration. There needs to be a focus on drastically improving the editor, in which some features have been mostly neglected since their addition.

There are some parts of the game that I do like though, including the skin which is outstanding IMO.

Overall I would give a rating of 4/10.

You really can't rate the game when you haven't actually played it. Giving it a low rating based on how many people have downloaded your file is bizarre. IMHO

I don't give a review.

The question is: does it worth buying FM13? I don't think so.

If I could go back, I wouldn't buy FM13.

After 4 months since the release on the market, there are too bugs and a not much exciting ME. I also hoped in a better leagues-cups editor, I was very disappointed when I found out it was the same of the previous version (that it already was the same of the previous version...).

There won't be other patches, but a few updates that will fix some game bugs. I don't know if these updates will do the miracle, but at least the game will become playable.

Sadly, I totally agree with you...

I have 97 hours with FM 2009, 117 with FM 2011, 264 (my personal best) with FM 2012, and now... only 74 with FM 2013.

And I will stop here...

Many users have already pointed out the main problems, but, to be perfectly clear: this game don't totally sucks thanks only to his gargantuan database (a true beatiful monster).

We are at the end of march, and still: the Match Engine is terrible, the contract negotiations is laughable, the AI of players (especially those of the player, so I seriously think the AI cheat...) during games is terribly badly made...

God... I really thinked it was impossible to make such a tremendous fail after FM 2012...

I HAVE to replay so many games, because the AI of your players is so broken that I made ALWAYS at least a couple of goals and then... it's totally impossible to defend the result...

And how the other team catch up you... I prefer not to say...

And still, I think that SI can survive to such a flop thanks to his past, and also thanks to the fact that there is ONLY such one game (alternatives are ridiculous).

For me, this game is 4. It can be 6-7, but not after FM 2012, is not acceptable...

But I will give only another chance, I think, I will not waste money in another FM 2013 clone.

have played over 2000 hours of fm13 again is better than fm12 would give it 7/10 rating

as in football si trys to improve game every year and most years they do fm13 is a good game.could it be improved yes

every year si asks for the communities comments and in my opinion we have a company that listens to them most companys i know don't

the ME is a 5/10 on 3d but has improved on every version since introduced. MEDIA INTERACTION is about a 3/10 and needs to be looked at but again they do try every year. most other aspects of the game are 7 to 8 /10 keep up the good work si. and keep improving the game.

thats all your paying customers who enjoy the game can ask

Play time: I'd say around 400 hours, with it being on in the background a good amount.

I have found FM 13 to be a better game in 12, but not really in the areas that truly matter. There are little touches and features that make it better, but some core areas of the game such as the ME, contract negotiation (players and staff...staff won't accept 25 GBP a week less...LOL) and AI Squad building have either been steps backward or remain problematic.

I'd give the ME a 5/10, really hope it's improved for 14.

The game is fine, I get frustrated, then I'm fine. But that's me. Not the game; so a 7/10 on 504 hours played at all levels of divisions/nations/leagues. Value for money would have to give a 9 I guess.

What's peed me off is that SI were less than honest pre-release about the ME or how beta it was and usual general bugs. But that seems to be the accepted norm with games now, so who am I to moan. So overall experience dragged to a 4/10. Feel like I'm getting mugged a bit if I buy any game before it's been out for 6-12 months+ now.

Cut the hype, you tube vids for FM14 please. Bit of honesty goes a long way.

I think my rating for FM13 would be 8/10.

Game is as solid and feature rich as ever, however I feel that the fine tuning of the ME took too long, which drags down quite a bit.

Sadly, I totally agree with you...

I have 97 hours with FM 2009, 117 with FM 2011, 264 (my personal best) with FM 2012, and now... only 74 with FM 2013.

And I will stop here...

Many users have already pointed out the main problems, but, to be perfectly clear: this game don't totally sucks thanks only to his gargantuan database (a true beatiful monster).

We are at the end of march, and still: the Match Engine is terrible, the contract negotiations is laughable, the AI of players (especially those of the player, so I seriously think the AI cheat...) during games is terribly badly made...

God... I really thinked it was impossible to make such a tremendous fail after FM 2012...

I HAVE to replay so many games, because the AI of your players is so broken that I made ALWAYS at least a couple of goals and then... it's totally impossible to defend the result...

And how the other team catch up you... I prefer not to say...

i genuinely believe i have some different version of the game, cause i have none of those problems... After updates i think ME is nice (not great, not brilliant, but not poor), it is a bit of disgrace that it needed so many patches and time before finally it looks alright, but now it's good. I have 1000h of gameplay, and i would give this game 8, just because it took so long for it to look as it looks now... if it was like that on the release day, strong 9...

ME - Frustrating, not overly sold on it. A lot of goals I conceded were the same, a cross into the box and a goal (usually the last 20 minutes as well).

Transfer market - AI squad building needs serious work, I have had to sometimes take over clubs for a brief period just to get their transfers in order to make the game competitive, on top of transfer limitations I set on myself. Example, Inter get a tycoon owner, spend £40m on Nani, played 12 times in 3 years as they don't use wingers..:confused: Teams not bidding for quality players going on the cheap, Rafael at United's contract was up and no team wanted him? Not a single one.. He didn't even ask for high wages just no interest in a very good RB going for free.

Interface - I really hate the new interface, its slow, clunky, cumbersome, It seems more like a chore navigating around than previous versions where everything seems clean and fast. Really can't get used to it, no matter how long I tried.

Thoughts: I have nothing against SI, I applaud them for every version they make, especially FM12 which I now play more than FM13, this years version just falls flat for me, I'm sure its great for others but I just can't get into it, I get more frustrated game by game than any other game. I went unbeaten in a season but I felt like I didn't actually do a whole lot. I do regret buying the game but I haven't lost faith in SI.

Final rating 5/10 400 hours played

You really can't rate the game when you haven't actually played it. Giving it a low rating based on how many people have downloaded your file is bizarre. IMHO

Everybody has a different use for the game. He also talked about bugs in the editor and I have to agree that certain editor deficiencies have decreased my enjoyment of the game.

Besides, people in here are allowed to mark it low due to things which do not exist like cheating AI or unrealistic home advantage, so even people who don't play the game in the same sense as you should be allowed to have their say.

Everybody has a different use for the game. He also talked about bugs in the editor and I have to agree that certain editor deficiencies have decreased my enjoyment of the game.

Besides, people in here are allowed to mark it low due to things which do not exist like cheating AI or unrealistic home advantage, so even people who don't play the game in the same sense as you should be allowed to have their say.

I can understand where you are coming from. But at the end of the day the game is a simulation of football. How can you realistically rate a game you have never played? I could be ( and might possibly be wrong) but you surely need to at least play the game to make any kind of judgment.

On the editor thing i would be interested to see how many people use it. TBH I have never used the editor so i don't know the issues associated with it. Are the issues a game breaker?

Don’t get me wrong people should be allowed there say. However if you don’t play the game i think it is a bit rich to critique the game.

Anyway this is my IMHO & i suspect we will agree to disagree in the3 end.

My focus is to create a mod that people enjoy, that enhances the game more so than the vanilla game. The features in the editor are exactly the same as last year, so people who would hope to have a better feature will have been very disappointed. It limits the creativity of people making mods so much that they either don't bother or find that nobody uses the file.

The number of downloads to me is an indicator of how well the game is doing as much as how good the mod is.

My rating of the game is based on what I have said especially about the editor. It does seem as though the mods have been working hard to stop threads appearing criticising the game, an indicator that something really is wrong with the game.

My focus is to create a mod that people enjoy, that enhances the game more so than the vanilla game. The features in the editor are exactly the same as last year, so people who would hope to have a better feature will have been very disappointed. It limits the creativity of people making mods so much that they either don't bother or find that nobody uses the file.

The number of downloads to me is an indicator of how well the game is doing as much as how good the mod is.

My rating of the game is based on what I have said especially about the editor. It does seem as though the mods have been working hard to stop threads appearing criticising the game, an indicator that something really is wrong with the game.

No they've just got sick of any thing that is unconstructive plugging up the forums. And rightly so. So its really not indicative of anything.

Nothing is more annoying than seeing really good constructive criticism of where the game can be improved being drowned out by p***ing contests and mindless rants.

My rating 7.5/10.

The sheer lack of good in/with game documentation is cruel on any new player trying to get into the game. Wwfan has plently of excellent threads and pointers across the forums, and my thoughts are always "why isnt this released with the game?" While its great there is lots of excellent contributions on the forums, if a user has to come here to understand the basic concepts of the game, then that is a big issue, has to be addressed for FM14.

Still quirks in the ME which can be immersion breaking (posted about those elsewhere).

The scouting report needs reworking (I've posted about that elsewhere)

But overall a very solid and enjoyable game. Now that the basis has been laid by FM13, FM14 absolutely has to come out top drawer, with lots more polish and expanding on the good work.

The TC must also get heavily expanded and have an overhaul.

i genuinely believe i have some different version of the game, cause i have none of those problems... After updates i think ME is nice (not great, not brilliant, but not poor), it is a bit of disgrace that it needed so many patches and time before finally it looks alright, but now it's good. I have 1000h of gameplay, and i would give this game 8, just because it took so long for it to look as it looks now... if it was like that on the release day, strong 9...

Which team do you train?

I think many people train always the same big teams, but with others team the results are very, sadly, different...

Do you play with great players? Good for you, but try to take small teams... the ME let your player storm away from the ball like bees from a broken hive...

And...

I saw five (FIVE) goals from midfield in one only season, only because goalkeepers (of every team) play like defenders...

I saw many goals from bad crossing, going directly in the net...

I saw five defenders unable to mark a single striker, and he wasn't Leo Messi...

I saw Italian second and third division (Serie B, Serie C1) have strange, tennis results (like 6-1, 4-3, 5-5)... and they appear too often...

And I can go forward...

No, please, this game is clearly a BETA versione of the next year FM... but we had paid for it, so...

I know it's the internet and all that, but I really hate any statement that begins with "the truth is" or "clearly", and then ends with a truly unfounded opinion presented as fact.

But anyway, I already added my opinion earlier in the topic, but want to add that I think interface-wise, FM13 is a million times better than anything that has gone before. I've recently started using the FMC skin. Although it's third party, it's based on SI's skin for Classic, so it counts. For me, it's easily the best representation of FM there has ever been. Refine that for FM14, allow it as standard in full-fat FM, and it's an easy win.

I know it's the internet and all that, but I really hate any statement that begins with "the truth is" or "clearly", and then ends with a truly unfounded opinion presented as fact.

But anyway, I already added my opinion earlier in the topic, but want to add that I think interface-wise, FM13 is a million times better than anything that has gone before. I've recently started using the FMC skin. Although it's third party, it's based on SI's skin for Classic, so it counts. For me, it's easily the best representation of FM there has ever been. Refine that for FM14, allow it as standard in full-fat FM, and it's an easy win.

Ok, you have reason (but read at the end of the post, please).

I say, properly, I (myself) think (and I also think the I'm not the only) that FM 2013 is huge BETA testing for FM 2014: too many changes, too little time to debug all, a drop of quality (because many people are complaining this year, and you have to admit it) that it isn't really explainable...

But, only a simple last statement, all here we are referring to our personal and unique experience: if I say IS, I (everyone) is saying I THINK IS...

because we all put so much effort into the game with training, tactics etc. and then we can't properly appreciate it all in action because of how unrealistic the ME is.

Lack of elaboration suggests you have nothing to actually say and that infact you're just talking nonsense because you can't "crack" the new ME.

For starters though, anyone with half a brain can tell you that the football played out in the new ME is far more realistic, if you will, than in that of the previous model.

FM09- 20hrs= enough said!

FM10- 778hrs= 7/10

FM11- 973hrs= 8/10

FM12- 949hrs= 9/10

FM13- 367hrs= 6/10

reason for the 6/10 without going into too much detail, is the poor ME plus inconsistency with results and tactics. I am just generally fed up of being left frustrated after each session I play. I have 4 different friends I play online with and we have all abandoned the game.

FM11 & 12 were both fun and challenging but I find FM13 an absolute nightmare when it comes to the numerous chances and results. i.e. im sick of having 24 chances to their 20 and losing 1 nil.

don't get me wrong, there are some great additions to the game over previous versions, but I genuinely feel that SI need to stop releasing a version of the game every year and start concentrating on improving the game they already have with improvements via steam for a yearly subscription fee. because lets face it, every year we are buying the same base game with a few new features and transfer/league updates that comes out in October and has more bugs than a tramps undies.

Archived