4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knap, what would you recommend for Everton with pretty much the default team?

I have tried Kimz tactics and can't find any consistency as to who uses which versions where (Home or away) etc. None of them seem particularly effective, but yours at least look more sensible, but whilst I can win at home, I've never won away yet (Lost 3-1 to Wigan and Man City, 5-1 to Arsenal and 4-0 to Tottenham).

I would be interested if you try the CB version this is a slow pace tactic but because of the odd CB settings may not match with the other tactics. I prefer just to use 1 tactic Home and away, just using the other tactics if the game is not going your way. However, logically the Counter Attack should work better away, 2 options deep DL for slower CBs or a push up tactic.

I need to find time to back to back test a mixed approach, so feedback would be appreciated if you take this route.

Mister C

If the weather is hot I would tend to use the slower tactics perhaps with an injection of pace for 5-10 mins, again not tried so feedback welcome.

Just take your CB off GK, or change corners to mixed, or do both.

I test tactics with and without and usually not much in it, however if you have the right players I understand you can overscore.

If you play as Oxford and get Man City in Cup you get done by a Richards hat trick from corners, just wish it had been sorted properly, as this is my FM07 corner setup.

Thanks Knap, I'll change corners to mixed so that I still score the odd one, see if that works.

Great tactic mate. I have tweaked it a little to give one of my AMC's a bit of creative license and I've added a bit more width. Getting good results so far and will post them up at the end of the season.

Hey knap.

I have played 2 seasons with Atletico Madrid with this tac: Knap4312100PTS_Tottenham,_May_2008_.tac

First season: Won the league, semi final in UEFA Cup, and semi finalen in the cup.

Second season: Came third in the league, semi final in Champions League and semi final in the cup.

I love your tactics knap :)

johan'

I have played Leeds and all you should need is a Parent Club and a few loans, which tactic did you try? Did you set your reputation as ex International?

I usually test with Spurs and Oxford in BSP to cover all leagues.

johaN

The tactics have a sort of rating the 100pts means achieved on holiday season, so you could try the 106Pts tactic which is slow and wide or 107pts quick and narrow.

Good result with Man C

Testing with 106pts Tactic Played in all competitions 18 W16 D 2 L0 - Had a lot of injuries Van P was out and a few others - Standard Arsenal squad just bought Marcelo

League games

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionlje7.png

With the 107pts tactic Played in all competitions 18 W17 D0 L1

Aachen4ever

The two main tactics are the 106pts which is slow and wide and 107pts quick and narrow. For a Top team try 107pts.

Use the tactic for 1st half, unless you can see the style is not working. If tactic is working then carry on, watch in split screen and if AI change to 424 then you can use SUS tactic.

If things are not working use a different style such as counter attack either deep 100pts or push up 102pts.

Hey Knap, Iv used your tottenham/oxford tactic for 15 games now with a strong MK Dons side in the premiership, won 7 drawn 4 lost 4, its a greattactic but i have a small problem when it comes to scoring goals. I dominate some games and still end up drawing or losing. Usually the opposition scores an early goal or two in the first half and will just have about 3 shots on goal all match whereas ill have over 10! This happens away from home often. Any tips for an away tactic and variations of this tactic to stop this happening?

crazytrain

Which tactic and is this first season in Prem?

I usually just use 1 tactic home and away but you can try the counter attack tactics for away games. Try subs or switching AMCs for a goal or the 107pt tactic which is very attacking or the deep counter attack 100pt tactic. On odd occasions I use a 424 but I need to carry out some more testing.

Re match stats - from the testing I did with Arsenal

quick narrow tactic 18 competitive games (This is 107pts Tactic)

W17D0L1

Opposition SOT 24 Goals 5 OFF TARGET 30

Arsenal SOT 175 Goals 47 OFF TARGET 195

slow wide tactic 18 competitive games (This is 106pts tactic)

W16D2L0

Opposition SOT 55 Goals 15 OFF TARGET 46

Arsenal SOT 166 Goals 48 OFF TARGET 206

Knap - many thanks for this. Although I managed to get Millwall to the Prem in three seasons (two in the Championship) and finished in the top half in the first season, just securing a EUFA caup place, I've never been satisfied with any of the tactics I've used - I've tried kimz's, one of the variations of kimz's, wwfan's, Heathxxx's, andysafc's, polat-dgn's and probably others too, but none have been consistent. I know that some will say that with the number of tactics I've tried, the problem is with me switching tactics and not giving the team chance to gel. My own view is that the "you've got to give your players time to get used to the tactic" principle no longer holds true in '08 - a number of the tactics listed above are tactic sets (notably wwfan's and kimz's) where the designers actually recommend you switch tactics for different games, or even during the match. How is this effective if players really do need time to get used to a tactic?

Anyway, just finished second season in the Premiership and won the lot (league, league cup, EUFA cup) apart from the FA cup where Aresnal did me in the final. Team isn't that exceptional, either:

ST - Cacia, Tamuz

W - Hamalainen, Iriome, Mota

AM - Adrien, Guilherme (ok, those two are quality)

DM - Souza, Mikel

DC - Obama, Forster, Tall

WB/DL/DR - Rosi, Brecko, Villagra

GK - Pouplin

Feedback - I've used the CB tactic as the basic starting point, home and away. Counter I've found useful to do what it says on the tin (only used the first one you posted, not tried the deep DL one yet) but tend to use it instead of the SUS when I need to keep the oppo from scoring. I've only used SUS on a couple of occasions and both times it let me down - maybe it's best to be using something which still poses a decent threat to the oppo, which is why I've tended to use counter. The attack variant has been much more succesful, getting me a last minute winner or equaliser in a number of crucial games. Have not found the creative freedom/free role variant as useful, possibly because my wingers are one-sided apart from Hamalainen. He's my best corner taker but not that good - looking for a replacement for the coming season.

Anyway, great stuff.

past caring

Agree with that and hence the tactic style option rather than constant tweaking. With Oxford I just used 1 tactic home and away for 6 seasons.

The SUS shop tactics appears to work as a tactic in its own right, just need to set up a game as a relegation candidate and see how it does.

The quick counter is a good alternative to SUS as is the attack tactic. Testing with Arsenal does not give you the opportuninty to use SUS they are just too good. Played 36 games with Arsenal just dropping 7pts so if in League about 107pts which matches with the tactics used, if playing with a top team (being a Spurs fan ,I don't let them win anything and don't care if they lose).

I also need to test more with cf and free role options and although they are the only tactics with cf and free roles to make 100pts on holiday season, the tactic loses it's edge.

Thanks for the feedback and what was your defensive record like with the CB settings?

I usually by Guilherme and was eventually Club Captain at Spurs, superb player

I would normally use a DM type player with good passing as a preference, and a long shot helps, with a good MC in the more advanced role if necessary. I usually buy a DM and 2AMCs rather than MCs.

Hey Knap, i'm gonna load up your tactic tonight and try it after work.

I'm Man City, in season 10-11, but i've started terrible this season. Played 7, w2,d2,l3.

I usually play a 4-4-1-1 , and i finished 4th and 5th the past 2 seasn s but ths season i changed it and tweaked some team and individual settings, and am having disastrous results.

i'm conceding buckets even though i forked out £33m for Hugo Lloris.

What tactic do you think would best suit me. My CB's are Sidnei and Zapata, and I have Fernandez and van der Vaart as my AMC's. Coroza is my striker

Cheers

What tactic do you think would best suit me. My CB's are Sidnei and Zapata, and I have Fernandez and van der Vaart as my AMC's. Coroza is my striker

Cheers

If you have a good team you could just play a regular simple 442 with no tweaks at all. Just set up the corner trick and long shots based on their skills. I play like this sometimes (but not against very top teams where I need more midfield), with all sliders in the default middle setting. I've had better results like this than with any super-tweaked tactic that people make.

been using the original xtree had unparraled success with liverpool got abit bored and wanted to try something different so i tried hull city in championship predicted to finish 21st first season i finished 5th and lost in the playoffs i was happy with this cos i wanted to work on my team more and get a few more depth in my squad before i went up to the premier i bought stancu during the first season and he was immense so i kept him i bought radjk skirl and luis jimerez for the attacking midfield slots also got john de john on a free transfer he's been a good impact player coming on from the bench got radek cerny in goal who i'll have to replace when i get promoted anyway i'm currently 1st got 7 point lead over west brom i've just hit january this tactic is fantasic it works for me i don't have massive wins like i did with my liverpool team it's more like 2-0 or 3-1 but i love it most consistant tactic on this forum i've tried most well done knap

My oh my, this was something else:D

Great stuff Knap! I was struggling very bad (18th in PRM), and tried your tactic away ag. 2nd position team, won 1-4.

Fantastic!

Is there any chance of playing this tactic with 2 strikers? Or some sort of FC (AMC/FC)?

I have not tested all of your tactics, just the one with counter/effective ag. Arsenal..

I have a few other formations available, although good, probably do not perform as well, and have not been "live "tested.

442 (2AMCs), 4312 (basis of 10man tactic) 4231 (no farrows).

I will try to upload later.

I have a few other formations available, although good, probably do not perform as well, and have not been "live "tested.

442 (2AMCs), 4312 (basis of 10man tactic) 4231 (no farrows).

I will try to upload later.

stupid question, but could you post the link to your main tactic, i'm at work and dont have the time to skim the pages. Apologies.

Cheers. Will try it and leave feedback

IrishRedDevil Post 225 for tactics

Smoothiebaloo

You can try this one 4312 Tactic

http://files.filefront.com/Knap4312100PTS+Tottenham+8tac/;11818522;/fileinfo.html

Which Patch and which tactic - you may find its just a blip - lost 3 in a row with Oxford 3rd season and they were only losses in that season.

The 106pt tactic slow and wide is most balanced and can be used in all Leagues down to BSP.

The 107pt tactic quick narrow push up will be difficult for most teams except the very Top, and is unlikely to perform that well in Lower Leagues. With the Arsenal test there is very little between these tactics but 106pts is safer (2 draws instead of 1 loss).

I would therefore use the 106pts as a Base Tactic but use the others in one off situations or try to change game. As a Manager I would generally use a tactic that suits the team and works, but have a Plan B or C. The 106pts tactic also did well with Oxford in first Prem season with a weak team and relegation expected. I've been using the 106pt tactic with Leeds with Plan B or C.

jaaaws

An assortment

For Leeds (106pt tactic ML and MR) Rojas and Sburlea

For Oxford Grendel Nylen Baclet Ledgister the Prem team is on first page.

For Arsenal Marcelo Glichy Hleb Van Persie Eduardo (also play at AMC late in game) apart from Marcelo just used the Arsenal squad.

The tactic settings are mostly mixed so good all round players tend to do well and wingers will cut in for the odd goal.

I usually look for traditional ML and MR but you cannot always pick them up with low club reputations.

jaaaws

An assortment

For Leeds (106pt tactic ML and MR) Rojas and Sburlea

For Oxford Grendel Nylen Baclet Ledgister the Prem team is on first page.

For Arsenal Marcelo Glichy Hleb Van Persie Eduardo (also play at AMC late in game) apart from Marcelo just used the Arsenal squad.

The tactic settings are mostly mixed so good all round players tend to do well and wingers will cut in for the odd goal.

I usually look for traditional ML and MR but you cannot always pick them up with low club reputations.

Knap noticed this was under your 4-3-2-1 Tactics I presume you used my 5-3-2 Tactics

Rob,

Thats with my 4321 tactic, I've not tested your 532 tactics live, as still tweaking the holiday season version.

I would recommend Rojas for LWB.

Have checked him in my game but name does not come up I am using patch 8.02

Where is he from?

Archived