4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

johaN

For WH 106 with 102 for difficult games but stick with 106 as much as possible.

jlugovoid

Just the best you can get - the good point is plenty of supply.

Wijnand

TBH grab a goal at end of game is more about team motivation determination and quality. You can try 424 tactic or 4141 with farrows added to wingers or move to FR and FL

Trampy - Good Luck in League 1, just watch the 352 AI formations and try to get behind them, if they are under pressure they will start formation changing.

Wijnand

Attacking mentality or using creative freedom are just options that can be used if you are not having any luck breaking down AI defence.

I am testing at the moment the idea of high creative freedom for home games and very low for away. Although I find using free roles on wingers to be more effective than creative freedom at creating chances.

The LCB tight marking should be used instead of 106, but depends on which tactic best suits your defenders.

Hello.

Just tried this tactic (the normal one) and the first thing I noticed is that when they had a corner my CB was upfront and not defending the corner!!

Thanks for sharing, but think a little more work needs going into this one.

Back to Kimz I think!

Hello.

Just tried this tactic (the normal one) and the first thing I noticed is that when they had a corner my CB was upfront and not defending the corner!!

Thanks for sharing, but think a little more work needs going into this one.

Back to Kimz I think!

Sorry PJ123, you are not doing yourself any favours by giving up so soon.

The basic tactic is tops-but you should use it as a base for your team and not as an end-product. I took over Portsmouth towards the end of year one with the basic Pompey team (Plus Joseph Yobo who 'Twitcher' Redknapp had bought before he was sacked).

Using an amended 107 pt tactic Portsmouth in season 2 won the Prem and ended up playing over 40 games unbeaten.

Best FM08 tactic by far-just amend it to suit your players and playing style.

PJ

Zipflashly

Can you list adjustments as I can test tweaks as a very good result with Portsmouth.

Probably not as well as you would like.

Essentially, I've changed mentality to a rule of 1 or 2 (1 for players on the same line, 2 for players on a different line e.g. DM and M)

But F is only 1 above AMs

Closing down is set to 2 above this for each position

Fullbacks moved to Wingback position with Barrows

No forward runs for WBs or M

RWB, Long shots, cross ball, TTB modified to suit player (13-14 mixed, 15+ often)

Passing style universal (about 4 but 2 for AMs and F)

Tempo 4, Width 3

Team stats: Mentality, Closing down 9, time wasting 9, defensive line 9

Focus passing through the middle

Corner cheat activated

I play ALL games on commentary only whilst looking at the 'formation' screen. Depending on whom I am playing I adjust ALL of mentality/closing down/defensive line EQUALLY up from 9 to anything up to where push up/whole pitch begins.

If I am drawing to a weaker team in the last 10 minutes then I move mentality up to 19 or 20.

(I realise that this should do nothing since my team are all on individual mentalities-but hey, it works for me...)

If the opponent goes 424 then I can either drop the wingbacks to full back or I have an anti 424 that I can throw on (basically a 4141 with the ball going down the wings etc)

Currently with Liverpool, took over with 15 league games to play at end of season 09/10. Won all 15 of these and ended up 3rd. New season, I have ripped the team apart and bought in 13 new faces (of which 8 are first teamers-of those 5 or 6 are starters)

...And Torres got injured 3rd game of the season and is out for 4 months...

Currently playing with Bayern using 107 tactic

P46 W38 D6 L2

The two games I lost was against Barcelona in 1st leg away 2-1 but beat them 3-1 at home, second was against Schalke in quater final in the cup. Both games I domainted but cannot score.

The draws were in my bad patch after I lost and cannot score but domainting.

I found out that the tactic works in most of situation against different tactics like at home against barcelona I had 38 shots to their 4 shots.

I have moved the MC back to AMC to pose more of a threat going forward.

This is one of the best tactic on FM08.

going to give it a go with my liverpool game mate,season 3 currently p6 w4 d1 l1 with my own 4-4-2 but bored with that! any o'is you use at all?.

Don't use OIs-it takes forever to play a season as it is-let alone telling the players each game to 'close down, tackle hard and put onto left/right foot' etc, ad nauseum.

BTW, what is the point of 'weaker foot'? How many feet do these people have?

As an aside-one of my quirks when playing is to have 4 or 5 'gimme' stats-so in this game all of the players that I buy MUST have pace, passing, first touch and technique at 14+

I think for Portsmouth is was pace, strength, heading and jumping-but then I bought few players for them except Downing and Sinema Pongoll-but only because Jermaine Defoe was sold under my feet,

Zip Flashy,

thanks for the feedback mate. Maybe I should give it anothe go.

Currently -

Eastleigh 2016 in the Championship

4 Consecutive promotions and then 4 seasons in the champ - can't get out of the division!!

Zip - do you think this is better than Kimz?? I shall try your filefont link now, and give it 5 games..

(I am getting battered at the moment with Nix's 32221

Zip Flashy,

Zip - do you think this is better than Kimz?? I shall try your filefont link now, and give it 5 games..

I have bad memories of Kimz for 2 main reasons;

1) It looks horrid (to me) and since I play all games looking at the formation, it was too much (mind you I say the same when playing against certain teams-Manchester City's light blue and white actually hurts my eyes! But then I am old (44))

2) It did (does) lead to high scoring games with goals going in at both ends. I tried to tighten it up but in the end got seduced away by other tactics.

Knap's tactics look (again to me) more attractive and create more realistic scorelines.

Knap, if you have time could you redo my set up but change the mentality/closing down/def line to something positive? (maybe first spot of closing down whole pitch (14? 15?)

anyone made tweak kimz tactic like 3-4-1(use for amc pls not arrow to back) -2 ?

i need a 3-4-1-2 tactic thx for help ( pls add corner tactic (my best header middle dc))

my squad (galatasaray - turkey super league)

gabriel rodriguez/ damien le tallec - pavel pogrebnyak

andres d'alessandro

aquino - mehmet topal/ turan arda - baris ozbek - sabri sarioglu/yilmaz aydin

ucar ugur/gungor emre - fernando meira - servet cetin

de santics

Wrong thread, mate

i asked to knap bec knap tweaked kimz tactic

and knap thx for reply but i search like this i dont want wbl and wbr and i want use a amc(and play like amc not barrowed to back mc)

------fc---fc------

--------amc-------

ml---mc---mc--mr

-----------------

-----dc-dc-dc---

--------gk------

thx for helps

note: pls not add tactics filefront bec its blocked in my country

Half term with Lpool on Weegie update. Bad start with a loss away to Everton but picked up and chased Gunners down

barclayspremierleaguelekn1.th.png

This is with 107 Tactic and I made a minor tweak after Newcastle Game with good results against the Top Clubs.

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liverpoolliverpoolfixtuds8.png

PJ

The 2 Main Tactics are 106Pts which is a balanced tactic

http://files.filefront.com/Knap106pts4321+Tottenham8tac/;11613273;/fileinfo.html

and 107pts which is very attacking and more suited to a Top Club

http://files.filefront.com/00V1107PTS4141+Totten8tac/;11782976;/fileinfo.html

All the tactics can be mixed and matched although I very seldom change from these 2 Tactics the 102pts tactic is a counter attack and can be considered a more defensive tactic.

Like your tactic, principally playing with the RD in Portsmouth and finished 4th 1st season, and going 3rd this season only at 2 points from MU leading.

Got defoe and crouch, and Obinna and briand as backup, but they all didn't score many goals. with 27 games played best forward scorer is obinna scored 8 goals.....

So, But only have one question what kind of strikers does this tactic better suited.?

A long as on form and top quality then most strikers work. Torres is probably ideal but Rooney works well, so does Guilherme (AM/FC), Berbs or Keene. I have not used Defoe since FM07 but he was usually very good after a few seasons

I would use 106 with MR & ML and is more balanced for mid table team (if only).

107 uses AMR &AML and is a very attacking tactic and is probably not suitable for Spurs 1st season, but can be used for a change in pace.

Hi guys,

Just wondering with the 107points tactic (Im Chelsea and assume this is the best suited tactic for this team, right??).....how does the tactic work when ALL the players are given NO creative freedom at all.....every player is set to none with creative freedom??

Also isnt it better if the defence is pushing up so much, to use the '' Offside'' option too??

ALSo the team width is set to the most narrow possible yet we have 2 full backs and 2 wingers playing......just seems a bit contradictory to my way of thought (bear in mind Im vastly inexperienced though) :)

This is test with MU with 107pt tactic

barclayspremierleagueleup5.th.png

No creative freedom creates slick passing, less time on ball making the decisions, however the 107 pt tactic uses free roles on the wingers.

I've not found a benefit from using Offside and have left it off due to fact that I also use tactics with Lower League teams and it may be more of a risk with lower quality CBs.

The narrow width should keep defence tight and as you can see from MU results it is effective.

However with Chelsea testing (results above) I'm using same 4141 formation but with maximum width and its still tight at back.

The 106 tactic uses a wide set up as well, so you can get results from various width settings.

Hi Knap,

wondering if u could help me out.

I've read some of the earlier posts and find ur tactics intriguing.

However, my Everton team in 3rd season has not be performing to their expectations.

My Midfield is very good in my opinion but i've not been able to come up with a situable tactic to fully use their talents plus the striker.

I have Pirlo, who although is 30 yrs old, i want to make the playmaker.

Attacking mids, i have Silva, M Fernadez, VDV, Arteta, Joao Mountinho

Strikers, James Vaugh, Cesar Delgado and Rodrigo Palacio

i was thinking maybe a shape of 4-2-3-1 with Pirlo playing besides a defensive MC.

Which tactic of urs should i experiment with?

If it needs a strong target man, i can play Delgado and Palacio in Attacking midfield roles as they are creative, fast and can dribble well also.

thx in advance so much

I am going to try the tactic now but it's a little confusing with all the 106's and 107's in here.

I just downloaded all 4 tactics from your first link. Savefile iirc.

It has the basic xmas, the 4-2-4 defend, the deep defend and attack.

Read a little in the thread and apparently the tactic does not do as well away from home. Can someone point me in the direction of choosing a suitable tactic to be using away?

Using Macclesfield and will be promoted from the BSP into League 2 most likely, will probably be the underdog in most games.

Pirlo would make an excellent playmaker even at 50, this game is crazy as soon as a player reaches 28!!! I am finding myself in the position to sell him or find a replacement because as soon as he turns 30,his pace drops lower than my grandmothers. he is worthless, so much for realism...

Archived