Just want to sim

I am new to the game and have moderate football knowledge. Was wondering if there is a way that I can just sim games instead of actually playing them? Also, is there a way to have the computer do the strategy for me? As I am only interested in developing youngsters and buying/selling players.

Player development = 1/3 of FM

Squad management = 1/3 of FM

Tactics = 1/3 of FM

At best you are only playing 2/3rds of FM, IMO.

Adjusting a tactic to get more out of a player, what could be better?!?!

well, we all started one day, and as OP is saying, he's new to the game, so hopefully he will embrace whole FM in time :D

Wow, i dont actually believe what i am reading...shocking.

its people like this that are ruining gaming. go back and play COD you utter numpty

oh noes someone wants to play a game how they want to and thats "wrong". Jeeez give him a break we all play things differently, embrace it :D

its people like this that are ruining gaming. go back and play COD you utter numpty

What are you on about? I don't think you have the right to say this at all.

He isn't wanting to cheat and win games, or anything like that.

He just wants to focus on squad building and then have the game work out the results based on the squad he has assembled.

Even though that isn't how I play the game I can very much see the attraction in doing so, particularly in someone who claims to not know the game that well nor football that well. To reiterate, he isn't asking to cheat and win games.

He paid for the game, and he can play it however he wants.

Your comment is ruining the forum, and you should be completely ashamed of your judgmental nonsense.

That's a bit harsh. I'd rather see people playing the game in a different way than seeing idiotic posts like this.

what are you on about? I don't think you have the right to say this at all.

He isn't wanting to cheat and win games, or anything like that.

He just wants to focus on squad building and then have the game work out the results based on the squad he has assembled.

Even though that isn't how i play the game i can very much see the attraction in doing so, particularly in someone who claims to not know the game that well nor football that well. To reiterate, he isn't asking to cheat and win games.

He paid for the game, and he can play it however he wants.

Your comment is ruining the forum, and you should be completely ashamed of your judgmental nonsense.

give that man a biscuit! Couldn't of put it better myself>

it was meant semi-in-jest but still, my point stands. it just seems to be all about the result, and not about the journey for too many people these days.

thats why FMC was a huge step back in football manager IMO, too much development time spent on the self entitled lot that want everything their way, right now.

lets just go and drive a car...hold on...you mean i actually have to push the pedals? i just want to steer! oh well, lets go play footie down the park...no im not running, you pass to me and i kick it in the net, i will just stand on the penalty spot.

it was meant semi-in-jest but still, my point stands. it just seems to be all about the result, and not about the journey for too many people these days.

thats why FMC was a huge step back in football manager IMO, too much development time spent on the self entitled lot that want everything their way, right now.

lets just go and drive a car...hold on...you mean i actually have to push the pedals? i just want to steer! oh well, lets go play footie down the park...no im not running, you pass to me and i kick it in the net, i will just stand on the penalty spot.

He never said he wanted to win unfairly via simming, just that the matches would be simmed...

Although of little relevance really. But FMC is honestly the only reason I would carry on buying the game. I've got a new little baby round the house and dont have time to devote to the full fat version which at times felt like a second job. People should be allowed to play how they want. If they want to cheat and win all the time then why not. we all enjoy things differently

If he wants to play the game that way what is the big deal? Some people don't have all day to play the game and want the game to be sped up/less detailed. Personally I only get a few hours a week, so it could take me a month or so to complete a season which I am happy with, but others may want to be able to fire through the seasons quickly and therefore FMC is great. Personal preference, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's wrong.

You could also add a second manager and make him view your teams matches (you can do this by finding an upcoming fixture and clicking on the clicking on the space where the score will go. The word 'view' should appear.)

This way you could watch your teams matches unfold live without having to do any tactics or make any changes.

I wouldn't find it semi-funny if you'd called me an "utter numpty". If you want to be funny, leave personal insults aside and stick an emoticon in somewhere.

As for your last line (the bolded bit), it works for Berbatov ;).

I wouldn't find it semi-funny if you'd called me an "utter numpty". If you want to be funny, leave personal insults aside and stick an emoticon in somewhere.

As for your last line (the bolded bit), it works for Berbatov ;).

Works for a lot of strikers mate, in fact, I think this guy has finally cracked the art of being a good striker....stand on the penalty spot and hope for the best. He is going to go a long way in the game if you ask me.....

Thanks guys for the support! And all the responses. I will use my assistant to run the games for me. Also, is there a guide on actually building a team? Like from the ground up? My goal is to take a low team and bring them to glory! (Using the methods how I want to play). Or perhaps you guys can give me some pointers? And remember I have mediocre football knowledge

Thanks guys for the support! And all the responses. I will use my assistant to run the games for me. Also, is there a guide on actually building a team? Like from the ground up? My goal is to take a low team and bring them to glory! (Using the methods how I want to play). Or perhaps you guys can give me some pointers? And remember I have mediocre football knowledge

The answer in post no 8 is not indicative of the help you can get on the forums. I would suggest that you visit the Tactics and Training forum and look at the main threads in there, especially those by Cleon and wwfan, which can give a good insight into the best ways of getting to grips with the tactical side of the game

Whilst I appreciate the way you want to play I'll never really understand how someone can play a game like FM without actually taking part in the matches, as achilles pointed out earlier in the thread I feel you are missing out on probably the main reason to play the game.

You shouldn't let what you feel is "mediocre" knowledge be the reason you miss out on the main part of the game, visit the tactics forum, read some of the threads, ask questions about the areas you don't understand.

Be aware that going on holiday for every match, leaving your ass.man in charge, will also give your ass.man all the credits (and increased reputation) if you're doing well. You get nothing. This wasn't so in earlier versions of the game, but that has changed with the later editions.

Be aware that going on holiday for every match, leaving your ass.man in charge, will also give your ass.man all the credits (and increased reputation) if you're doing well. You get nothing. This wasn't so in earlier versions of the game, but that has changed with the later editions.

Good point.

Will even lead to him getting Manager of month iirc.

I would agree with above posters that you should read the guides to try and make a tactic that works, adjusting it through trial and error during preseason, and then you can play the matches in commentary only and on the highest speed.

I spent a long long long time crafting my in-game tactic, and since then I basically just leave it as is during matches and focus on squad-building (though I do still watch games)

Whilst I appreciate the way you want to play I'll never really understand how someone can play a game like FM without actually taking part in the matches, as achilles pointed out earlier in the thread I feel you are missing out on probably the main reason to play the game.

You shouldn't let what you feel is "mediocre" knowledge be the reason you miss out on the main part of the game, visit the tactics forum, read some of the threads, ask questions about the areas you don't understand.

On one game a few versions ago I decided to play in a similar way to the OP describes. The story was that I was a rich businessman who knew nothing about football but had decided to found a club (and then bought that club's way straight into the BSP.) I edited my real life self and friends into the youth squad with mega potential and 10 year(lol) contracts. I also edited in an awesome assman to act as the matchday manager, and I would just go on holiday for the matches.

When the team's form started to drop, I would use the second manager spectator trick which I posted above, with the story that I was at the ground to 'oversee' things. I would generally save this for big matches (rivals games, title clashes, playoff games) as a 'treat' for all of my hard work. It was immensely satisfying going to a match to see how the deputy manager and the team were doing, and seeing them play nice football and winning matches. Alongside the added fun of seeing the young players you signed gradually break into the team (along with my real life self and friends). I actually think playing this way was a bit more like the experience of real football, as there is the element of supporting a team that you have no control over, you just have to have faith.

Playing this way I got really far into the game in no time at all, and by the time I stopped playing it was about 25 years in, and I (my rich chairman character) was holidaying around the world in 5 month cycles, only returning for transfer windows and big finals. Needless to say he was a legend at the club, while the matchday manager received no recognition at all for his 50+ trophy wins. A sad end to the tale.

For the same reason why someone might want to be a Director of Football or Chairman and not a manager IRL. It is a simple preference and has nothing to do with knowledge of the game. And actually one that numerous people have suggested in the past: being able to play as a role where you hire a manager and can have influence over his tactics, but he still gets to run the games.

EDIT: Similar to what YKW described in his game, only it being a native way to play the game rather than having to use a second-manager workaround. I, for one, think it sounds like fun and a great alternative to being a matchday manager.

Directior of Football role is something I wouldn't be interested in, but it's clear from posts over the years that there is a large body of players more interested in the recruitment/development side of the game than the matchday/tactics element, and I hope SI add it in the future. The addition of DoF's with an actual role to play, and the Staff Responsibilities options gives me the impression it's in their plans, but needs perfecting before being part of the game.

Here you go

http://forum.fm-view.net/topic/15589-fm13-full-skin-with-instant-result-button/

put skin in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins

This is a fantastic addition to the game. The instant button has changed my team from quite good to good/very good and it saves all that frustration of watching the opposition equalise in the last 5/7 minutes! Make it a permanent feature in future iterations of FM.

Not at all!! Same tactics/similar subs so no your wrong.

I'm not wrong. If you do an instant result, you're relying on your Assistant Manager to react to any changes in formation, injuries, or sendings off that happen to the opposition.

Your pre-game tactics may be the same, but there's a multitude of things that can happen in-game that test your abilities. Doing an instant result takes all that away.

Archived