Where is the storage of names for newgens?

GameCrasher

Hi I'm new to FM13 and also to this community,

(if a similar thread is existing please move my one. I didn't find a question like this)

I'm searching for the file or something like that where FM13 is storing the Surnames and Forenames for newgens. I want to add some new to it.

Best Regards,

GameCrasher

Thx for the answer.

That means that all names which are not allready in use by database people must be hardcoded in the game. Just for my understanding, there exists really no file which stores names, and is reachable by notepad or the fm editor?

That would set me a little bit wondering. :confused:

If you overwrite CIS and populate it with a load of people (any type), those names will become the database for the nation. Additionally the languages selected then provide further names, depending on their percentage spoken (I think).

Adding new player names to a nation already full is not easy and due to the low number of repetitions those names would be pretty rare in cropping up again.

Ok, thanks a lot.

Then my very big collection of names will find no use in this manager.

What a pitty :(

What do you mean by this? As far as I know nothing much has changed since we moved to the new editor back in FM10 bar a few additions.

I never played FM before FM13, so it is my first one.

The collection of names i got is not from older FM titles.

You will just have to enter them manually as officials, retiring coaches etc, there are many tricks to getting them into the game that have come up many times in many threads.

I remember back in CM01/02 you used to be able to directly add, remove or edit the name pool for newgens directly through the editor, just like now you can add, remove or edit staff, cities, stadiums, etc. I miss that feature so much :(

I remember back in CM01/02 you used to be able to directly add, remove or edit the name pool for newgens directly through the editor, just like now you can add, remove or edit staff, cities, stadiums, etc. I miss that feature so much :(

We have gained so much since then though, there are way around it but I think we all would love to call a .txt doc full of names every now and again.

If you overwrite CIS and populate it with a load of people (any type), those names will become the database for the nation. Additionally the languages selected then provide further names, depending on their percentage spoken (I think).

Adding new player names to a nation already full is not easy and due to the low number of repetitions those names would be pretty rare in cropping up again.

What is CIS? how to populate it?

CIS is one of nations that you can overwrite in editor and create new playable nation. just add some people and set nationality to your new nation

That is spot on, you effectively build your own name list.

I always use CIS when creating custom nations, as my videos show :)

I have about 300 odd people and it works well, you do see a fair few familiar last names with different first names but that is half the fun at times!

CIS is one of nations that you can overwrite in editor and create new playable nation. just add some people and set nationality to your new nation
but what if you have to edit the name list of an existing nation? in editor its difficult to find who's retiring this season.

Say I have 2000 names in India, I deleted about 1700 people with random names...changed the names of 60 % ppl but still no use. same old names re-appear. annoying un-realistic-names.

i cant help you. i know only about adding new names

I have added a lot of names to various dbs over the years, I got the impression that current versions of the game use hard-coded existing names, as opposed to the ones I added, for regens.

I think it depends on the nation you are adding names for. For example, in FM2013, I've tried successfully to add Chilean and American names to the DB, but when I've tried to do the same with Canadian names the game doesn't use them no matter how many times I add them, so I think they must be hardcoded. I know researchers have the option to add to the DB names that are not used by any staff in the database, I myself helped giving a list of names from Spanish-speaking Caribbean nations a couple of years ago (and they can set the frequency with which these names are used by the game as well, BTW). It would be awesome if we could do the same via the game editor. Come on, SI! :)

We have gained so much since then though, there are way around it but I think we all would love to call a .txt doc full of names every now and again.

That would be so nice, yes. That's what I was searching for.

Archived