How to achieve positive reaction teamtalks since January update?

Not sure if it's just me but started first game on the new update as Liverpool, mistake that I didn't change reputation to ex professional from 'automatic'. Every team talk no matter what was said was usually met three of four negative reactions. Started as Tottenham making sure I had a higher reputation but yet again the same constant negative. Doesn't help that teamtalks seem to have way too much influence anyway and with everybody responding negatively tactics seem irrelevant.

The only players that seem to get any kind of positive response are your Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrards and Tom Huddlestone. Even the half time bollocking which to be fair probably give too much of a positive response doesn't get a reaction. Anybody else getting teamtalks to work or is everybody simply staying away now?

Since the update, still running my long-term save, the team just don't really respond to anything. They've tuned the responses down so much it's hard to get a rise out of your team, unless you tell them to stay focussed, which often helps.

I have noticed that over time more and more players are starting to pay attention. I even got Suarez 'fired up' the other day which was an acheivement!! Maybe they just start to respect you more the longer you have been at the club?

Yeah as far as I know as reputation increases it does respond better but still seems very hard to motivate players

The update removed a bug where previously you could always use the same team talk and get a reaction. Now if you always use the same one, the players will ignore you so you need to vary things and not just go for the same option every time.

Archived