Sports Interactive Community
Old Hand

Things which make you unreasonably angry?

I did, he just thought he was above it apparently. Oh well, at least he's gone.

I think we need a new tone in FM 14: Speak very slowly so the idiot can understand.

'I. Accepted. A. Bid. For. You. And. Bought. A. Better. Player. As. A. Replacement. I. Don't. Want. You. Here. Go. Away.'

I just had a player booked for diving within 30 seconds of kick off. That makes me very angry.

I think we need a new tone in FM 14: Speak very slowly so the idiot can understand.

'I. Accepted. A. Bid. For. You. And. Bought. A. Better. Player. As. A. Replacement. I. Don't. Want. You. Here. Go. Away.'

Perhaps using simple diagrams could too:

"This you. This my club. This another club. And this is you moving from my club, to the other club. Understand?"

Winning the champions league 7 years in a row, plus numerous other trophies, to then negotiate a new contract with the new chairman, win the Euro's with Italy and to be fired 7 days after winning the euros with Italy by my club as I didn't agree to sign a new contract!?! I did agree, we talked it out, i signed until next season so why fire me.

The media being thick when it comes to international call-ups...

I dont know why Spain's manager should get critism for favouring a man play very well and regularly over someone who cant even get a start, happens all the time.

Absolutely.

I also hate it how, if you take your example, in the next squad you pick Iker they'll go "Muniain is not enjoying the best of form for teamx and there are calls to replace him with Mata, who is in excellent form for Chelsea". Then you'll have you to answer the press conference question "I trust playerx and am happy with the balance of the team".

In general (and I could quote a dozen other examples) the international media are utterly awful, and the international game in general is still poor at best.

I've had the media questioning Jonny Evans (regular at Utd, couple of Champions League winners medals in last couple of years in game) being selected over Colin Coates (playing in Northern Irish Premier division, loads of medals, but come on!). Silly at times.

I got told the 15 year old spaniard that I signed's injury was a serious blow to Spain's World Cup chances.

He was incredible for his age, but hadn't even ever played a professional game, don't think Spain were really counting on him.

if I concede another goal to a free kick, when it is thier only attempt on target one more time....

When you are well and truely FM'd, and we all know what that means.

Another one, when my player on a yellow card decides to do a bit of simulation... Red Card for diving :mad: Lucky its very, very rare but what sort of idiot would dive on a yellow?

Another one, when my player on a yellow card decides to do a bit of simulation... Red Card for diving :mad: Lucky its very, very rare but what sort of idiot would dive on a yellow?

Erm...

When playing you have 3 players forward in an attack and the player with the middle has 3 choices to make.

1) Carrying on running forward with the ball and run straight into a defender and lose possession or the chance to shoot.

2) Pass to the player at the side of him with a defender right next to him and then lose possession or the chance to shoot.

3) Pass to the man in space on the other side and have a golden chance to either score directly or pass it back across goal for an easy tap in.

Option taken is always either 1 or 2

****ing idiot players

The little idiosyncracies of the stupid, stupid players.

- Player comes to you complaining that he doesn't get along with someone. I tell him to not be such a child and suck it up. He admits he's being a tool suddenly and leaves

- A few months later, he comes complaining again about the same person. Don't you remember what happened last time?

- See also when a player complains on separate occasions about separate players not getting on with him. You're the common denominator here pal...

The game also annoys me when I can't properly express my elation or distaste at a certain event. If I get sacked unjustly, I want to tell anyone who'll listen that it was so, and not have it just limited to one question in the press conference at your new club. Then if I end up beating said team in an important two-legged match later in my career, I want to rub their noses in it Souness-style. I'm talking planting our flag in the opposition center circle level of "up yours-isms"

The little idiosyncracies of the stupid, stupid players.

- Player comes to you complaining that he doesn't get along with someone. I tell him to not be such a child and suck it up. He admits he's being a tool suddenly and leaves

- A few months later, he comes complaining again about the same person. Don't you remember what happened last time?

- See also when a player complains on separate occasions about separate players not getting on with him. You're the common denominator here pal...

I more or less agree with this, but would also note that the time of weirdo who would fall out with everyone would also probably be the type of weirdo who is oblivious to it being their fault.

I more or less agree with this, but would also note that the time of weirdo who would fall out with everyone would also probably be the type of weirdo who is oblivious to it being their fault.

To be fair, in the case that brought this up, it was my assistant manager falling out with him. Another player also complained of it, so eventually out went the assistant. He had crap stats anyway. If the player complains again though, he'll be following him.

...... that FM Live is never going to return. Would have been an excellent step to try bring back the customers they have alianted these last few versions of fm..

"Surely that is the winning goal!" No it bloody isn't, there is 5-10 minutes left plus stoppage time. It's put me one up but in the time remaining my team can easily concede at least one goal.

Players that complain about you promising them first team football. You've played in every game since I promised that, it's not my fault (well I did fail to realise I was playing a cup game and lost because I treated it as a normal league game) we've only played one game in two weeks.

When teams reject your loan bid for a player because they want him to play at a higher level, yet accept a bid from another team in the same rubbish league as you.

Clubs endlessly bidding the same bid over and over even if they don't have the funds. Really REALLY stupid design.

Going from 1st division to second place in the premier league in 2 years, 3 players want to move to a bigger club. I always tell then **** NO, you're going to the reserves! I would if I could.

Playing as Amateur status clubs, with amateur status player contracts, and having other clubs swooping in and stealing best performers for free. I offer them another contract (for what it is worth) when I see someone has made their own offer, and sometimes they do stay. However, when a star player is taken, it really annoys me that the board then start moaning for MONTHS via the confidence updates that the fans are annoyed I let said player go, as they felt he still had something to offer, etc.

SORRY, I didn't get a choice in the matter!

Playing as Amateur status clubs, with amateur status player contracts, and having other clubs swooping in and stealing best performers for free. I offer them another contract (for what it is worth) when I see someone has made their own offer, and sometimes they do stay. However, when a star player is taken, it really annoys me that the board then start moaning for MONTHS via the confidence updates that the fans are annoyed I let said player go, as they felt he still had something to offer, etc.

SORRY, I didn't get a choice in the matter!

Can another amateur side offer them an amateur contract, or is it only when they are being offered a paid deal they can leave on a free?

Can another amateur side offer them an amateur contract, or is it only when they are being offered a paid deal they can leave on a free?

Yes, they have to be offered a paid deal.

To be honest, it's not the poaching that bugs me too much - after all, it makes sense the players would want a paying contract! It's the fact the board hold me personally responsible for him leaving, despite it being totally beyond my control. :(

lolzyr.jpg

Pretty self explanatory.

I start a new save to test a tactic, and a month later, I have no freaking team.

Notice the BBMs? Those were APMs, before ALL FOUR OF THEM got injured (though to be fair, Thiago starts injured).

It's like, every time I try to give this game a chance, it bluntly reminds me of how terrible it is.

Clubs endlessly bidding the same bid over and over even if they don't have the funds. Really REALLY stupid design.

This happens to me when clubs try to loan my players. There may be a handful of offers and the player chooses a team only for it to collapse because they can't afford the loan fee (I also don't know how to turn the loan fee off!). Then they bid again and again it collapses. And again.

When I 'offer to clubs' I always turn the loan fee off. When it's the development list the fee is always there.

This happens to me when clubs try to loan my players. There may be a handful of offers and the player chooses a team only for it to collapse because they can't afford the loan fee (I also don't know how to turn the loan fee off!). Then they bid again and again it collapses. And again.

When I 'offer to clubs' I always turn the loan fee off. When it's the development list the fee is always there.

Just negotiate the offers.

Just negotiate the offers.

That's the only option? how time consuming, and I have a DOF who accepts the bids automatically. No way of just turning the fees off?

That's the only option? how time consuming, and I have a DOF who accepts the bids automatically. No way of just turning the fees off?
Have you got the latest patch? I have found before the patch this happened on every loan bid, and I think I have had it happen once in loaning out ~50 players since the patch.

You need to remove the players from the unwanted/development lists then, and set yourself to be responsible for getting rid of players. There is no way of turning the fees off. Reject the unacceptable loan offers (to clubs where they won't play or which play in an inadequate league), then negotiate the remaining acceptable offers to have 0 fee. Sure, some of the clubs will have the money but you don't know which and thus you are actually saving yourself a lot of trouble by taking away the worthless fees right away.

Have you got the latest patch? I have found before the patch this happened on every loan bid, and I think I have had it happen once in loaning out ~50 players since the patch.

I do but haven't really played much since the patch came out, too much other stuff to do at the moment. I'll give it a try later.

lolzyr.jpg

Pretty self explanatory.

I start a new save to test a tactic, and a month later, I have no freaking team.

Notice the BBMs? Those were APMs, before ALL FOUR OF THEM got injured (though to be fair, Thiago starts injured).

It's like, every time I try to give this game a chance, it bluntly reminds me of how terrible it is.

The game is terrible because you've managed to get a MASSIVE total of five injuries?

Ok then.

I have to admit to being perhaps unreasonably angry about LAN capabilities being removed in this version, to the extent where I feel like I am staying away from this version of the game not just because I haven't really enjoyed the demo, but also for reasons of principle. Putting effort into giving the consumer less features isn't a philosophy I can support.

When you take over a professional club which still uses non-contract players a lot. Even worse when these non-contract terms are ridiculous. In BSP and offering them £1000 per appearance and the same for goals/clean sheets? No wonder you're 400K in the red...

Corner. Ball comes out to edge of box. Played back to corner taker. Offside.

Dude, we've been through this. Take the corner, then get onside. This really isn't rocket science.

Yes!

You wouldn't expect to see that level of incompetence at the Sunday league level, yet in FM it happens all the time. Fix it SI!

Current pet annoyance: set match preparation to "defend set pieces", during the game the feedback tells me to consider working on defensive set pieces for future match preparation -_-

lots of things!!

*when a goal my teams has scored gets disallowed

*when a goal the opposition has scored allows to stand then it says 'he clearly feels that goal was offside'

*when someone recommends you praise a players form and then they reply by saying 'I don't think my form has been that good'

*when someone recommends you transfer list a player you like or change status to 'no longer needed' when again you like him

and loads more which I can't think of right now, not been on FM for a few weeks :(

Current thing that is really grinding my gears is utterly stupid suicidal mistakes by my defence. Seems like pretty much every goal we concede at the moment is due to one of my players making a mistake rather than the opposition doing something good in possession. I reckon it's probably because I haven't had a settled back four in ages; I have a decent number of defensive players good enough for the first team but I've had so many injuries lately that enforced changes have been pretty much constant.

For example, I've just lost the cup semi-final thanks to a completely ridiculous goal kick from my keeper. In the 93rd minute with the score at 1-1, he had the choice of a long punt upfield or a short pass to the man on the edge of the box. Instead he decided to try a through-ball type pass 10 yards in front of the short option. This also happened to be where the opposing centre forward (Loic "Bloody" Remy, who has a habit of always scoring against us) was lurking, thus gifting him a nice easy run in on goal and subsequent untroubled finish. To make things worse it's actually the third time this season it's happened. No top-level keeper should attempt a goal kick like that once, never mind thrice. I'm utterly fuming.

OK I've got another thing that infuriates me. A first team player is only like 75% for match fitness and I want him to play in the reserves. The AM does pick him but subs him at half time so he only gains half the fitness points and it takes him twice as long to get back to full fitness. I want him to play 90 minutes damn you!! And I don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of taking control of the reserves for the next few matches to make it happen.

Defenders constantly running to the linesman to complain the oppositions goal was offside when quite clearly it was not .

The board still saying player z leaving 12 months ago was a disappointment when the player was actually garbage and i was glad to get him off our payroll and get a better player.

The number of times you have to use the shout to get stuck in at the beginning of matches or any shouts at all . They should be there to change things later on if its going pear shaped .

The high number of instances of players trying to play it off an opposition player for a throw in or corner .

The ball continuing to curve when its rolling along the ground

Yes!

You wouldn't expect to see that level of incompetence at the Sunday league level, yet in FM it happens all the time. Fix it SI!

It has been fixed for FM13.

The game is terrible because you've managed to get a MASSIVE total of five injuries?

Ok then.

Nah. Losing every single one of your midfielders within then month of pre-season is not JUST it.

But when you add the multiple things that are broken, or done wrong, even after 5-6 months of patches, then yes, that makes it bad.

I could make you a list if you want!

FM13 is like the bad movie you watch when you have nothing else to watch.

Come on Bioshock!

just said that my 16 year old right back hasn't made enough appearances to play for Croatia, he made 6 so he made a few, but it said he was last dropped in october 2013..... despite having no apperances.

and what is the point of added time if it is wasted by 1:30 goal kicks and players running the ball out of play?

**** Tinkering with my tactic then I go and win 4,5 or 6-0 yet the next game I hardly get a shot on target and lose or draw. So I tinker again and win 4,5 or 6-0, then the next game I hardly get a shot on target!!!

**** 1-0 down so I go to "Full Match" and don't get a shot on goal in the last 20 minutes. What I do get though are my players constantly being offside and giving fouls away despite easy/normal tackling.

****99% of crosses in a game never reach your players in the box no matter what settings you have and when they do Andy Carroll heads it over from two yards!!

losing in extra time. I hate it, cause i feel my player got more tired for nothing. I dont mind losing on penalties, or losing in regular time, but losing after extra time makes me angry...

Dominate game, score goal.

2 minutes later 1-1 as the AI either score from dodgey play or turn to Barca, or score from thier first set piece.

Just played Tottenham and Leeds at home and this sadly sums up the FM experience for me this year...

Batter them senseless first 15 minutes with 7 shots on goal and 5 on target of which 6 are long shots despite all players having long shots on rare (thought this was fixed!!) However no goals due to woodwork being hit twice and three magical saves by their keeper. Then they go down the other end get a free kick and my players just stand there as Sandro walks in unchallenged to head the free kick home. I then lose two players to injury, again.. However I do equalise and at half time I am by far the better side.

Still the better side I have what looks a perfectly good goal disallowed. Then with 20 minutes to go Mark Noble is sent off for apparently elbowing someone in the face although Dembele seems to avoid any such action despite scything down every player that is near him!! I readjust and then moments later Diame gets an injury where his stats drop. I go to the tactic screen to make a sub and yep you guessed it they score whilst I am changing tactics. I then look at the replay and James Tomkins just decides to dawdle on the ball until Defoe takes it off him. No chance of my players stopping him because they are all running in the other direction!

I then go to Full Match and watch as every single time I go forward I am either offside or my players commit a foul, still don't think I have scored on Full Match when losing!! Spurs then get a penalty and win 3-1.

Next game against Leeds (League Cup) despite a very satisfactory performance in many ways against 4th placed Spurs I don't actually rack up a shot on goal against Championship side Leeds. I then have four players injured so go into extra time with 10 men. Strangely enough I play better with 10 men and actually have shots on goal and then a free kick creates a goal that is disallowed because Carlton Cole blew their keeper over. I go to penalties and despite all their takers being far worse than mine they win 4-2 on penalties.....

That's FM13!!!!!!

****99% of crosses in a game never reach your players in the box no matter what settings you have and when they do Andy Carroll heads it over from two yards!!

99% of crosses from wingers to a CF, you mean.

You can have quite a bit of success with wingers to wingers, fullbacks to forwards, fullbacks crossing to the winger at the far post.

Crossing from wingers to CFs has been nerfed. OK, my top two assist men are my RW and LW, with 6 assists each, after 11 games. Not bad, right! Except that I have scored 39. And my winger with crossing 19, technique 18, acceleration 18, has put in 94 crosses so far. And 12 have been completed! 12! And my CF for those games has almost always been strong aerially.

At the minute, the amount of times Vidal gets sent off is driving me nuts. I've fined him 6 times, and each time he gets concerned.

Also when a good player is transfer listed and wants to leave their club. The next week, they're back to normal and looking forward to their future at the club. Just happened with Hazard in my save.

Just played Tottenham and Leeds at home and this sadly sums up the FM experience for me this year...

Batter them senseless first 15 minutes with 7 shots on goal and 5 on target of which 6 are long shots despite all players having long shots on rare (thought this was fixed!!) However no goals due to woodwork being hit twice and three magical saves by their keeper. Then they go down the other end get a free kick and my players just stand there as Sandro walks in unchallenged to head the free kick home. I then lose two players to injury, again.. However I do equalise and at half time I am by far the better side.

Still the better side I have what looks a perfectly good goal disallowed. Then with 20 minutes to go Mark Noble is sent off for apparently elbowing someone in the face although Dembele seems to avoid any such action despite scything down every player that is near him!! I readjust and then moments later Diame gets an injury where his stats drop. I go to the tactic screen to make a sub and yep you guessed it they score whilst I am changing tactics. I then look at the replay and James Tomkins just decides to dawdle on the ball until Defoe takes it off him. No chance of my players stopping him because they are all running in the other direction!

I then go to Full Match and watch as every single time I go forward I am either offside or my players commit a foul, still don't think I have scored on Full Match when losing!! Spurs then get a penalty and win 3-1.

Next game against Leeds (League Cup) despite a very satisfactory performance in many ways against 4th placed Spurs I don't actually rack up a shot on goal against Championship side Leeds. I then have four players injured so go into extra time with 10 men. Strangely enough I play better with 10 men and actually have shots on goal and then a free kick creates a goal that is disallowed because Carlton Cole blew their keeper over. I go to penalties and despite all their takers being far worse than mine they win 4-2 on penalties.....

That's FM13!!!!!!

Just a tactical question (off topic): Do you play quick, attacking football through the middle?