Things which make you unreasonably angry?

No no no, not things like "The match engine is cheating, my tactic doesn't work, the game's broken". Little things. Stupid things. Not bugs or anything like that.

For example, it REALLY winds me up when someone scores against me and the commentary announces "That's his first ever goal for the club!". Really irritates me. It's like we're so poor that even this clown who's played x hundred games without scoring has got in on the action! Obviously, this is made worse if I'm 4-0 down to FC Halifax and their left back pops up with a goal. I can see them all laughing and congratulating him, joking about golden boots in the dressing room.

Anything else in the game wind folks up unreasonably?

Being asked if I risk upsetting a player because I took him off when he was on a hattrick, I do not recall a manager ever being asked that question yet the FM journalists will always ask it.

Edit: Another one is my assistant always telling me that we do not have anyone marking the posts at corners & that we should consider assigning some players to that duty, if I wanted a player on the back stick I would have put somewhere there when creating my set-piece instructions.

When the computer scores after a massive deflection/missed tackle etc in the build-up, only for the commentary to state what a wonderful goal/move it was.

When the computer scores after a defensive error, then the commentary tells me they've gone back to their normal style. No f*****ts, you scored through MY defensive screw-up, not because you went more attacking.

Corner. Ball comes out to edge of box. Played back to corner taker. Offside.

Dude, we've been through this. Take the corner, then get onside. This really isn't rocket science.

When players come to me saying they think we are under achieving and there's no option to tell them, yes maybe that's because you're getting ratings of 5.9 every week.

Also going all out attack and watching my defenders casually pass it around on the edge of our own box.

Happened to me just now: player complaining about the lack of football, then after I tell him to keep working hard for a chance in the first team expecting a game within a month... When we're in the middle of the winter break and the next competitive match is like two months away...

Also, agents and their crazy demands. Sometimes I'd kill for a player conversation option 'Man, go and change your agent cause that guy you're with is just a d*ck!'...

I get quite angry, when my defenders make some awful error and let the other team to score late in the game. For example last game we were ahead 3:1, everything looked ok and suddenly out of nowhere opponent scored twice. For fck sake, couldn't you hold it together for the last 5 minutes. And then my assistant manager says that we should tell to the players that we were unlucky... NO, my defenders were total crap and I made myself quite clear to them. Ruined their morale though, poor guys were stressed and confused. :D

Plus I always get pissed off, when my next game is against much stronger team and I tell to journalist that it's gonna be really hard for us. Then he tells smt like, you obviously don't believe in your players and which part of your squad you consider to be weakest. I always want to answer that NO... my team is fine, but maybe you haven't realized that opponent is playing two leagues higher and then storm out of the room.

Sometimes I miss the option just to yell at the players during the match. It would be funny to see angry manager in 3D waving with hands and the you get little commentary like team manager looks really angry at the moment. :)

I wish we could tell the players that 'they aren't playing well enough' half way through the first half instead of waiting to be 4-0 at half time lol.

Also, press conferences....I agree with Arisilan, why do they always ask me what my chances of winning away at Man City (bearing in mind half my team is injured!!) and then ask my which part is the weakest or if I am going to make a tactic change....FFS! Look at the squad, they are all injured and/or useless, what chance do you think I have????!!!! (smacks journo in the face!)

When the computer scores after a massive deflection/missed tackle etc in the build-up, only for the commentary to state what a wonderful goal/move it was.

When the computer scores after a defensive error, then the commentary tells me they've gone back to their normal style. No f*****ts, you scored through MY defensive screw-up, not because you went more attacking.

Ah yes, definitely this!

I also hate it when we're up in the higher reaches of the table and we play someone down the bottom and after a tedious 0-0 the commentary says about my team "They'll take this!".

No sir. No we won't. We will be very disappointed with this.

- The offsides from corners after its cleared and your guy mindlessly passes it back to the corner taker who has not done enough to get back onside.

- When I hit the woodwork twice or more in one match (this is FM12, and it's not a rare occurrence).

- The fact that what screen you've tabbed to or where you've scrolled down to, is often not remembered when you go back and forth between screens. This is really irritating if eg I'm trying to go through the youth players released by Man Utd, whenever I click on one to see him, then click back, it returns me to their list of senior transfers.

- Players who refuse to go on loan. This REALLY annoys me, especially if it should be obvious to them they are not going to get playing time with me. There should be a private chat option to tell them in no uncertain terms that I expect them to go on loan and if they refuse they will be transfer listed.

- The board turning down very reasonable facility requests when we have bags of money. Oh, so you think barely adequate training facilities are right for a club challenging for the Premiership title and in Europe? You give me a £45m transfer budget but won't listen to my view that spending less than 5% of that on improving our training would give us a good return? Hell I'll trade you £10m of that budget, you can spend £4m on super training facilities and give the rest back to shareholders for all I care.

- Players who make shambolic mistakes not being called out for it and not seeing their match rating suffer.

- Players who are frequently caught in possession, this is really irritating, I'd like caught-in-possession to be a stat.

- Players who moan there are too many people in their position, when I am playing them as left winger not striker, and they are my first choice left winger and getting games.

- Coaches who assure me a player is making remarkable improvements in training, when I know they aren't, and assure me that can get substantially better still, when I know they won't (they're 30 for god's sake).

- My no 1 bugbear at the moment though, players who get nervous all the time! Experienced players who are champions league winners, getting nervous if we haven't scored after 20 minutes at home to a poor team (even when my team talk has been no pressure on you, or good luck). Do Man Utd's players all get nervous if they aren't winning at half time? no, because they know that they are still highly likely to score in the second half. Frankly I think the nerves thing is massively overdone and should only really happen after 70+ minutes for all but the most naturally nervous and inexperienced player.

Assistant manager's in-game feedback. "We should put in more crosses since we are winning a lot of headers." Forgetting the fact that we are only winning headers defending our own area, while my 5'6 lone striker is rubbish in the air and hasnt won a single header in 5 years.

Whenever an ex-player who couldn't hit a barn door when playing for you comes up against you with his new club and you just know he will score and he does. Annoying.

That happens all the time IRL and is so annoying. In FM, teams that I dislike IRL winning, it shouldn't matter but it annoys me loads.

I have a good defensive LB, a right-footed CB who has been converted (more strength, positioning, anticipation, and crossing, surprisingly) to LB, and a young up-and-coming LB. Gave him 5 games last season, at 19, and he did poorly. Much poorer than expected, to be honest, as he looks a top prospect.

Tried to loan him to Napoli before the season. Nope, he absolutely refuses.

Come October he is begging me for a loan move!!!! Can I put him in a f***ing time machine and take him back to mid August and show him himself, turning down a loan move?

When the opposing scores and the commentator bangs on about it for about 30 seconds. He scores! What a goal!!! That's 1-1! They're back in the game!! That's his first goal of the season! He's staking a claim for a place! It looks like their unbeaten run is continuing! OMG! That goal! That player is amazing! They've scored! Did I mention they've scored! They're so awesome! They scored btw! Against you! EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!

What doesn't infuriate me, but is annoying, is players always shooting at impossible angles or while being closed down by the goalkeeper rather than crossing/passing it to the player who's wide open and WILL score if the ball is anywhere near him. This is in FM 07. On rare, rare occasions a player will cross it, but there's clearly an invisible line either side of goal where a player will shoot rather than pass.

Actually my scouts make me angry. Very angry. 95% of their recommendations are either

a) players obviously nowhere near good enough for my team, with 2* potential.

b) very obvious players, for high amounts, as if they've just done a search on the most valuable players in the game and picked any 3 of the top 50 results. If a scout was to turn up in Fergies office and say, "tell you what boss, I've got some cracking finds for you here this week. Firstly, I think you'll like this one, up and coming midfielder from Arsenal. English as well, probably yours for £30m or so. Name of Jack Wilshere. And if that wasn't enough boss, I've also unearthed a rare talent between the sticks just across the way at the Etihad stadium. Joe Hart he's called, reckon he's going to be world class. They won't sell him though, specially not to us. But I've found him so let's keep an eye on him eh? Oh and lastly, I've cast my net further afield and there's a lad at Real, Ozil I think his name is, or us it Urzil, not sure, anyway he's good gaffer. He might be as much as £50m. It's like christmas come early eh boss?" I think that scout would get a bit of the hairdryer, but that's what my scout does every single report.

c) substandard players from abroad who the scout himself says is unlikely to get a work permit.

What's worse is sometimes I'll go and look at their reports and they'll actually have found some 3.5 or 4* players for relatively cheap prices but never bothered to mention them specifically choosing to bring the dross to my attention instead.

Telling my defenders to pass it short, only for them to belt the ball as far up the pitch as they can manage despite having plenty of short passing options.

I've had help with this, push the slider up just into 'mixed' from short and give them a slightly better than 'defensive' mentality, goodness knows why passing forwards with a short pass is listed as direct but it is at times, that'll help.

I'll give that a try.

Another one, getting a freekick around the half way line up to a certain point in to the opposition's half. It almost always gets passed short to someone (usually not the player I've told to stand near the taker) and then booted back to the keeper. He then proceeds to flail about a bit before booting the ball into no mans land.

not sure on FM 13 but on 12 i played with 4-2-2-2 for 24 seasons straight maybe going 4-4-2 from time to time and on me profile it said my preferred formation was 4-3-3 just annoyed me way to much.

also when my center back things it will be a great idea to dribble left then right then forward then back not make a pass then smash it out of play because he is now getting closed down

I just lost a game 2-1 away. Their two goals came from goal-kicks by my goalkeeper. He's set to pass short, and goal-kicks are set to defender collect. He always passes short, but every time he doesn't, it's a goal. There's absolutely no way to stop that.

I know you said don't mention the ME but good lord, that shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Another that aggravates me is if you've taken over a team already relegated and join them before the season fully ends or just before the new pre-season starts, the press conferences refer to you as if you took the side down, and begin to talk to you as such over the coming season. That happened to me in 2012 at MK Dons, I haven't had the chance to test that in 2013, but it always bothered me.

This may be restricted to MLS, but I get sick and tired of agents telling me that their client "wants to discuss an improved contract" with me due to recent interest. Well, n.s.Sherlock- I just offered him to every team in the league! I sure as heck don't want to keep the player around!!!

The 8 foot thick goal posts. I could partially cope with the "3 a game" shots off the post if the game wasn't aware enough that this is ridiculous and ask me what I thought in the post-match press conference.

Although I'd also love to be asked about my own disallowed goals and the opposition sendings off, whereas I can seemingly only discuss oppo's disallowed goals and my own players sending off. Also, saying the equivalent of "Of course Messi is an important player and will be straight back in the squad" seems to ring lack of discipline alarm bells in my players. Ugh.

Very good thread so far. Quite funny in places too.

My one is when both my strikers (finishing 17 and composure 18) lash it off the goalkeepers shins time and again when they are through one on one with the keeper, instead of placing it in the corner. I've given up on the player interaction, because they always see no point in adapting their game.

My examples are things I find annoying rather than angry.

- The media question about whether you want to make a loan signing permanent. I got asked this as Palace about Zaha. But it's not just him, if you are a Championship club with a loan player whose fee and wages are multiple times your budget and would refuse the move anyway, they can get upset if you say you are not planning to sign them.

- A player of mine asked for a transfer having not played for a few games. He then carried on sitting on the bench for a while. There were then injuries so he got a run in the team. After several games in a row where he started, and after a game where he played 90 mins, in the post match conference I get asked whether I'll give in to his demand for games.

- It's nowhere near as bad as previous versions, but certain youth players will turn down all requests to be tutored, and will be quite angry about it. I don't mind when they get tutored and are then unhappy as it doesn't work out, but they should only ever refuse if the tutor is lower level to them, or a disliked person. Asking a 16-18 year old who is nowhere near first team standard to be tutored by a first team player should almost always get a yes, not a no after repeated attempts with different players.

- Transfer requests where the same deal is offered over and over again. It happens most often with loans on deadline day. When rejecting there is no option of "You say he will be cover but I want him to play regularly".

The post match conference when asked if you were pleased you won despite resting key players when you have played (what you believe) is your strongest side

The player who has asked to leave and after getting no transfer offers you offer him mutual termination and he refuses and gets all annoyed and asks for a meeting with you

Taking a new job, assessing the playing staff to see who's worth keeping and who's dead wood. Examine the dead wood further... and it's the guy the last manager just blew the whole transfer budget on.

Goddammit.

When my team is under pressure, and the opposition put in a long ball. The CB is running back, facing his own goal, to get on the end of it. He gets there comfortably, no one around, maybe let it go through to the keeper, or head it back to him? No, heads it back upfield, and the opposition retain possession and the pressure remains!

An angled cross comes in from the opposition FB, the LB is tracking it, "no one behind you" shout the GK and CBs, so just let it go over your head, goal kick. But no.... He also heads it upfield, about 10 yards, opposition retain possession and the pressure remains!

These are supposed to be smart players. World class... And yet they don't know how to win a simple GK to relieve pressure?

Shots against 1, shots on target 1, goals 1.....

Irritates me so much. I don't care if I win 7-1, my keeper and defenders had literally 1 task to do all game and failed. Bad times.

tbf it may have been unstopable like hit hard and fast into the top corner

when I play a team full of reserves/youths in a cup game and I losethen the media ask me if I'm disappointed to bbe out of the cup No i'm not if i cared i'd of played a stronger team

also clubs continuosly making loan offers for a player despite the fact thats its always rejected even worse when its the same club doing it- I just had a club make 5 loan offers from the same club for the same same player in a day!!!

Archived