Journeyman of Sorts - A Homegrown Challenge

AdamFitz

In my search to find an FM13 save that I will actually enjoy, I've come to this. Unfortunately, I'm fairly busy this year so monthly/bi-monthly updates are out of the question, yearly updates it is.

Concept

The idea is to start unemployed as a Sunday League Footballer, choosing a set of countries with the simple rules being:

- You can only sign players who are 18 or younger.

- Players who were produced by/are considered a product of your club can also be signed.

- No loans of players, unless they are with a view to a permanent move while fitting in with the stipulations above.

Essentially giving the youth a chance with a small difference.

Set-up

I decided to go with a small list of countries considering my PC didn't excel at running a single country game on FM12. I can always add/remove leagues later on if needed. The chosen countries to begin with:

Brazil

England

Holland

Ireland

USA

All down to the lowest level.

Not long into my career, I applied for 3 jobs, quickly receiving a response from AGOVV Apeldoorn of the Jupiler League in Holland. I quickly accepted.

AGOVV_Apeldoorn.png

Full Name: Alleen Gezamenlijk Oefenen Voert Verder Apeldoorn

Nickname: Die Blauwen

Manager: Adam Fitzpatrick

Founded: 25th February 1913

Stadium: Fly Brazil Stadion (Capacity: 3,352)

In real life, they have gone bankrupt and are now playing in the 6th division of Dutch football, not sure why they are still in the game, let's hope I can give them something to cheer for their 100th anniversary.

Archived