New manager has destroyed my team!

After 20 years managing my beloved Grimsby Town, consecutive top 4 finishes for 7 years with countless domestic and european trophies, i decided to resign and wait until i saw a suitable challenge to take on.

I subscribed to Grimsby Town so i could keep an eye on how the brillaint team i had built up was doing, Andres Vilas Boas got the job after me, and set about selling any of my decent utility players, and giving all my best players extortionatly stupid contracts that i would never of given them in a million years! 5 months on, he has been sacked and they are languishing in 15th position in the league! I am tempted to apply for the job again, but they arent the same team i left and loved!

After 20 years managing my beloved Grimsby Town, consecutive top 4 finishes for 7 years with countless domestic and european trophies, i decided to resign and wait until i saw a suitable challenge to take on.

I subscribed to Grimsby Town so i could keep an eye on how the brillaint team i had built up was doing, Andres Vilas Boas got the job after me, and set about selling any of my decent utility players, and giving all my best players extortionatly stupid contracts that i would never of given them in a million years! 5 months on, he has been sacked and they are languishing in 15th position in the league! I am tempted to apply for the job again, but they arent the same team i left and loved!

It's nothing new , i had same situation in FM 2010 with Bournemouth. AI base their player valuation on reputation and not team need.It's something that is way overdue for SI to rebuild from ground up(Manager's AI that is), because AI's team building is downright terrible right now.

because AI's team building is downright terrible right now.
atleast it have improved a fair bit since fm10, so its going in the right direction, but I agree that it still need lots of work and improvement

I've seen it countless time, particularly when building a South African Team up, the next manager always sells the players for a fraction of what they are worth to the team (like less than a million when I could have sold them for 5+ million)

It's a sad thing to leave and hope they still dominate that league

Yeah the AI wrongly values the players it inherits. But then again human players better use the players it buys. I had a striker who isn't a top Prem striker at another club, but was scoring regularly as a sub. I signed him for January and he got a goal every other game. I leave the team at the end of the season and he is instantly put into the reserves.

It's just the way in which they wish to shape the team, when e take over a a club we strip out the carp. The AI i'm sure would have an opinion on the players we sell/demote as they would see them as decent players.

I guess it would been seen both ways.

apply for the job :lol:

I Didn't have the heart! I'm just waiting for the job at Wingate & Finchley to come up, they are bottom of the Blue Sque South so it cant be long before their gaffer gets sacked, and i can turn them into the "Next Grimsby Town"

I Didn't have the heart! I'm just waiting for the job at Wingate & Finchley to come up, they are bottom of the Blue Sque South so it cant be long before their gaffer gets sacked, and i can turn them into the "Next Grimsby Town"

Haha. Assuming you haven't got any custom editor loaded, you might not be able to manage them if they're relegated from the BSS!

ha brilliant! I was with Wingate & Finchley. Very hard but I enjoyed it...before I got them relegated!! :)

I'm sorry but this is like my dream game, get back in there as the legend you are, rebuild the team and take them back to where they should be! Couldn't think of a better challenge mate. That is of course unless you have already got yourself a nice new job!

atleast it have improved a fair bit since fm10, so its going in the right direction, but I agree that it still need lots of work and improvement

Well, i can't say that it didn't improve, but not by much..Only reason that i have mentioned 2010 was because that was the last time that i left club that i started career with.After that i just didn't have heart to do same to my other teams that i have played.

One of the Italian Seria 2a with insecure balance ,no sugar daddy and 1000 seats pitch was signing players to the point that they ended up with 60+ players under contract (plus youth)- just example as the whole league was doing similar.I just don't see that being reasonable.

I agree the AI needs to be better at squad building, but at the same time, it would be boring if the AI took over your team and made no changes.

If they make changes that make more (or any ) sense sure, but in 90% of cases it leads to complete downgrade or destruction of team in question.

I'm sorry but this is like my dream game, get back in there as the legend you are, rebuild the team and take them back to where they should be! Couldn't think of a better challenge mate. That is of course unless you have already got yourself a nice new job!

Unfortuantely i took a new job with "Chippenham" they had 14 players, 6 of which were worth £500, the other 8 were worth £0, 3000 seat stadium, and £2600/pw wage budget. I love a challenge!

I was worried this would happen to my Sunderland side but every AI manager that they've employed since I left has done a good job. I won 5 EPL titles in a row and then left, since then they've won 6 out of the next 8 EPL titles. They've sold quite a few of the players I had but always replaced them with players just as good, although they've increased the wage bill by a lot they are still listed as a rich club.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem as in the same save I took Chapecoense from the Brazilian 3rd to Libertadores qualifiers and since I left they've plummeted down the leagues are back in the 3rd Division with a bunch of completely useless players.

Archived