Portsmouth FC

Hi.

Starting a new game on 13.3.2 and decided to manage Portsmouth FC for a challenge.

Any ideas when they come out of administration and so when I can sign some players?

I am a bit confused, as my chairman status is "Loves the club", but the finance status is "in administration", with the administrators blocking signings, even if they are loan players on no wages, with no fee.

I took over Portsmouth in June 2013 after they'd been relegated to League 2. They were out of admin and had no embargo when I was offered the job so I was able to rebuild the team in time for the start of season 2013/14.

Was that on 13.3.2?

Update: Started a new save with Portsmouth on the new update and had a takeover on the 29th July and the transfer embargo was lifted. £628k Funds to spend and wage budget of £14k (adjusted to £29k wages & £117k transfer funds.

Update: Started a new save with Portsmouth on the new update and had a takeover on the 29th July and the transfer embargo was lifted. £628k Funds to spend and wage budget of £14k (adjusted to £29k wages & £117k transfer funds.

Can you actually sign anyone though? Every transfer I try is cancelled. I got taken over by a Brazilian tycoon who pumped £1.4m in, with £725k transfer budget and I can't confirm anything. Trials, loans, transfers. Nothing.

Can you actually sign anyone though? Every transfer I try is cancelled. I got taken over by a Brazilian tycoon who pumped £1.4m in, with £725k transfer budget and I can't confirm anything. Trials, loans, transfers. Nothing.

Seems like it was the same consortium. I was also taken over by a Brasilian group who pumped in £825k, seems I can offer a max of £90pw in wages! :rolleyes:

Strange this, given the fact that it states that the embargo has been lifted and we are now free to purchase and loan players. Would be good if SI could update us on this issue as something is clearly wrong here. :(

Update: Just tried to loan a young player from Liverpool which did not require any wages or loan fee, message said that the loan bid had been accepted and was about to be completed only for the message to say 'The transfer could not be confirmed'.

Madness, sheer madness! :mad:

Seems like it was the same consortium. I was also taken over by a Brasilian group who pumped in £825k, seems I can offer a max of £90pw in wages! :rolleyes:

Strange this, given the fact that it states that the embargo has been lifted and we are now free to purchase and loan players. Would be good if SI could update us on this issue as something is clearly wrong here. :(

Paulo Odone is the guy. Got the same problem as you, £90p/w wages. I've posted something in the bugs section. The only thing I can think of is that with the club still in administration, that's why. For example, go try and sign a staff member, it'll tell you that you can't sign anyone due to administration. Very odd.

Here's the link to my post in the bugs section.

Paulo Odone is the guy. Got the same problem as you, £90p/w wages. I've posted something in the bugs section. The only thing I can think of is that with the club still in administration, that's why. For example, go try and sign a staff member, it'll tell you that you can't sign anyone due to administration. Very odd.

Here's the link to my post in the bugs section.

Yep that's the woman (I know it's a guys name but it says she's a woman :rolleyes: ) What month are you in now? Flukey posted that they were out of administration in April 2013. I'll post in your bugs thread.

Yep that's the woman (I know it's a guys name but it says she's a woman :rolleyes: ) What month are you in now? Flukey posted that they were out of administration in April 2013. I'll post in your bugs thread.

A girl, really? I thought it was the ex-Gremio president myself. Anywya, I'm in September 2012. Plowing on regardless.

A girl, really? I thought it was the ex-Gremio president myself. Anywya, I'm in September 2012. Plowing on regardless.

My message says: 'The leader of the consortium Paulo Odone is considering withdrawing her financial backing for the deal.' :rolleyes:

I'm 2 weeks away from start of season and have been rocked by long term injuries to Sodje and Walker :(

How are you doing and what formation are you playing?

What is strange is that although it shows the club in administration, it does not owe any money to any club and the debts listed are all bank loans, so technically the club should come immediately out of administration. I cannot for the life of me understand why we're still in it.

My message says: 'The leader of the consortium Paulo Odone is considering withdrawing her financial backing for the deal.' :rolleyes:

I'm 2 weeks away from start of season and have been rocked by long term injuries to Sodje and Walker :(

How are you doing and what formation are you playing?

What is strange is that although it shows the club in administration, it does not owe any money to any club and the debts listed are all bank loans, so technically the club should come immediately out of administration. I cannot for the life of me understand why we're still in it.

Playing flat 442 and rock bottom with two points from eight. Been lucky with injuries, with only Johannes Ertl and Phil Smith out. Sold Ricardo Rocha and David Connolly is leaving in March. It's really difficult.

Playing flat 442 and rock bottom with two points from eight. Been lucky with injuries, with only Johannes Ertl and Phil Smith out. Sold Ricardo Rocha and David Connolly is leaving in March. It's really difficult.

Played our first competative match, beat Gillingham Away 1-0 thanks to a goal from a corner. Defended for the entire match. I'm playing a 4312 and when all players fit, will play a 4222 (DLP, CMd, AMa, Treq) basically playing through the middle as I cannot see any decent wide players at all in the squad.

Injuries so far:

Connolly out 5 weeks, Walker out for 2-3 months slipped disc, Sodje out for 2-3 months slipped disc :(

Please keep me updated with how you do (as this looks so difficult) and when/if you come out of administration and I'll do the same. Good luck fella!

I spent the full £625,000 the Brazilian consortium gave me. I wasn't restricted to offering small £90pw wages either, in fact two of my signings are on 4K a week. I brought in 14 new players and got rid of 11 or 12 of the existing squad. I also rebuilt the entire backroom staff and got the board to increase the number of coaches and physios.

It took 3 or 4 months for the team to gel - and during that time I was constantly on the verge of the sack with us hovering around the bottom 6 all the time. The Brazilian board have little patience its seems.

Around late November things began to click and we won 8 and drew 1 which saw us climb up to 10th and ease the pressure off me. We got Premiership Southampton at home in the FA Cup 3rd round and lost 1-2 but played probably our best performance so far in that match.

Its now early April and we've only lost 3 league games since that FA Cup defeat. With 3 games left we're sitting 2nd and the next match is away to Northampton Town who are top by two points. If we win that we're automatically promoted and can win the L2 title at home to struggling Bristol Rovers a week later.

This is my second save with Portsmouth, the first wasn't as successful and I was sacked by Xmas. But in both saves I've never had an issue with administration and transfer embargos. The Brazilians give you around £600-£700K to rebuild the team which is more than enough since every other L2 club spent around £10K on their squads! Portsmouth are like the Man City of L2 - they have all the money and can buy who they like (for that level) :D

Portsmouth are like the Man City of L2 - they have all the money and can buy who they like (for that level) :D

Does this happen on every single save file, or is it random what type of buyout will occur?

I'm thinking of starting a Portsmouth file, but I don't want to do it if it is guaranteed I will soon be richest club.

Does this happen on every single save file, or is it random what type of buyout will occur?

I'm thinking of starting a Portsmouth file, but I don't want to do it if it is guaranteed I will soon be richest club.

I've started 2 saves with Portsmouth, taking the job in June 2013 on both saves, and its only happened the 2nd time. I think the first save was pre-13.3 and I wasn't given any money to spend yet the board expected me to win the L2 title. In the 2nd save (started after 13.3) the Brazilians gave me more than enough to rebuild the squad completely if I wanted to.

I've started 2 saves with Portsmouth, taking the job in June 2013 on both saves, and its only happened the 2nd time. I think the first save was pre-13.3 and I wasn't given any money to spend yet the board expected me to win the L2 title. In the 2nd save (started after 13.3) the Brazilians gave me more than enough to rebuild the squad completely if I wanted to.

Firstly what data are you using? One other thing, the season starts July 2012 not June 2013 and as for the board expecting you to win L2 title, it seems as though you are in season 2 with portsmouth already been relegated and obviously no longer in administration because in season 1 they start in League 1 and are asked to fight against relegation and have a media prediction of 24th place!

Firstly what data are you using? One other thing, the season starts July 2012 not June 2013 and as for the board expecting you to win L2 title, it seems as though you are in season 2 with portsmouth already been relegated and obviously no longer in administration because in season 1 they start in League 1 and are asked to fight against relegation and have a media prediction of 24th place!

Yes, its the 2nd season (2013/14) as mentioned in post #10. They come out of admin in April 2013 as far as I know but some have said it lasts into the 2nd season, but thats something I haven't experienced.

Pre 13.3 the board expected you to win the L2 title (2nd season) but you weren't given any funds to do it. Post 13.3 the board now give you in excess of £600K to rebuild the team.

The problem seems to be the challenge has gone from one extreme to the other. At first it was an almost impossible job to win the title with a team coming out of admin with very poor players, no staff, and no funds, to now being one where you're now one of the richest L2 teams - or at least have the option to far outspend every other L2 team.

I think £100,000 would have been a more balanced injection of cash for Portsmouth starting season 2013/14 in L2. £700K is overkill imho.

The problem is that you cannot sign anyone during season 1 and therefore will struggle like crazy as the squad is severely depleted and weak. I have currently played 8 league matches, drawing 3, losing 5.

In regards to the transfer budget, although it's 700k for you, how much is your wage budget? You do have to take this into account.

The problem is that you cannot sign anyone during season 1 and therefore will struggle like crazy as the squad is severely depleted and weak. I have currently played 8 league matches, drawing 3, losing 5.

In regards to the transfer budget, although it's 700k for you, how much is your wage budget? You do have to take this into account.

They have only just ended a 23 game winless streak IRL and they are rock bottom of League 1. Most of their points were gained with better players (now released) at the start of the season, so since the data update you have a squad that IRL has probably picked up 5 or 6 points from a possible 60 odd. The data update is just mirroring their real life plight.

The problem seems to be the challenge has gone from one extreme to the other. At first it was an almost impossible job to win the title with a team coming out of admin with very poor players, no staff, and no funds, to now being one where you're now one of the richest L2 teams - or at least have the option to far outspend every other L2 team.

I think £100,000 would have been a more balanced injection of cash for Portsmouth starting season 2013/14 in L2. £700K is overkill imho.

I think that is an issue with how FM deals with financially struggling clubs. In reality Portmsouth have spent over a year now in Administration and have had only two interested buyers in that time. Neither of which would give them that much money. When they get taken over by the trust they will be competitive in League 2 but not financially dominant. FM however sees a fiancially struggling club in admin and pretty much finds a decent buyer for them straight away. They will usually pump in a decent amount of money as well without the buyer really rating what they are buying. Clubs in admin in FM seem to find buyers realitively easily compared to real life.

Clubs in admin in FM seem to find buyers realitively easily compared to real life.

Although I categorically don't have any impirical facts, I do sense the same kind of feeling from my FM games. Getting into financial trouble = being magically bailed out.

Even if you don't end up with a new board and don't have a rich chairman, the constant loan restructuring means you can absolutely hemorrhage money with no repercussions, including to your job safety.

They have only just ended a 23 game winless streak IRL and they are rock bottom of League 1. Most of their points were gained with better players (now released) at the start of the season, so since the data update you have a squad that IRL has probably picked up 5 or 6 points from a possible 60 odd. The data update is just mirroring their real life plight.

I like a challenge, hence why I choose to do this save. I did not realize that most of there points were gained with better players. So perhaps I should be happy that I've managed to draw 3 out of 8 games most notably against Coventry, MK Dons and Doncaster! :)

Although I categorically don't have any impirical facts, I do sense the same kind of feeling from my FM games. Getting into financial trouble = being magically bailed out.

Even if you don't end up with a new board and don't have a rich chairman, the constant loan restructuring means you can absolutely hemorrhage money with no repercussions, including to your job safety.

Agree, same goes with Chairmen some seem to just pump money in randomly to cover losses.

Portsmouth currently have no players on long term contracts, around £12 million of debt to paid off, an old Stadium in need of upgrade, no training facilities and a limited youth set up. Plus they are in league 1, not really at attractive proposition for potential buyers (hence why the fans Trust is the only current viable bidder IRL) yet FM seems to find a fairly wealthy usually foreign investor to take them over.

I like a challenge, hence why I choose to do this save. I did not realize that most of there points were gained with better players. So perhaps I should be happy that I've managed to draw 3 out of 8 games most notably against Coventry, MK Dons and Doncaster! :)

At the start of the season they had a playoff level squad probably (although all on short contracts) most people before the new update got them promoted fairly easily with that squad. Their current real life squad is probably non-league level so yeh you have done pretty well.

Just do the save and if you end up with excessive amounts of money do not spend it, use what you would consider realistic. This will be a miracle if I can keep this side up, but if not then at least I can look forward to rebuilding them next season. Just out of interest, where are Portsmouth ranking in season 2 in the salary per annum department?

Just do the save and if you end up with excessive amounts of money do not spend it, use what you would consider realistic. This will be a miracle if I can keep this side up, but if not then at least I can look forward to rebuilding them next season. Just out of interest, where are Portsmouth ranking in season 2 in the salary per annum department?
Yeh I had moved the discussion away from Portsmouth and onto FM finances in general, which was a bit naughty of me in a Portsmouth thread. I think 'financial difficulties' in FM are totally cacked, and will be starting a Portsmouth save tonight regardless.

Yeh I had moved the discussion away from Portsmouth and onto FM finances in general, which was a bit naughty of me in a Portsmouth thread. I think 'financial difficulties' in FM are totally cacked, and will be starting a Portsmouth save tonight regardless.

Good luck with it. I will be interested to see what formation you pick. I have had an absolute nightmare with injuries and the main problem I have suffered with is the fact that I do not have anyone as backup to replace players who are tired and in need of a rest. I'm playing a 4312 at home and 532 counter when away.

I've just checked my start of season save and its actually a £1.04m transfer budget with £14K wage budget in June 2013. So that's even more than I first thought.

I didn't manage Pompey in the first season because the board expectation is really low (avoid relegation) so there's little chance of the sack, but its a great challenge to try and keep them up though. Also Portsmouth are due to be deducted 10 points in RL which isn't reflected in the default SI database as far as I know. That would have made it more interesting.

The first save I did with Pompey in L2 was really tough for different reasons, the board wanted the L2 title but you had no money, expiring contracts, a skelton staff, and very poor morale at the start of the season. I think I lasted 6 months before they fired me. In the latest patch its been made way too easy with the massive (for L2) cash injection you get. That's the point I was making :)

Isnt the issue that the clubs cant legally go broke in FM? Hence the "magical" save each time.

Isnt the issue that the clubs cant legally go broke in FM? Hence the "magical" save each time.

If thats the case then so be it, they could still delay the buying out of the club in a certain percentage of instances until it has been relegated once, and also make it so that financially ruining a club actually affects your job status, which I am absolutely convinced that hasn't for a number of FMs now.

With regards to the OP, I do not think this is a bug. On my save with Truro who also start in administration, the club was taken over like your Portsmouth quite early on and the bank loan was taken out. Like the OP the team was seemingly out of administration and transfers could not be confirmed. However, a month later a message was received saying "Truro strengthen financial position" - which is when the CVA is taken out. With regards to Portsmouth I am guessing it will just take a long time, as in real life for the debts to be paid off, regardless of a takeover or not.

I'm pretty unimpressed with how Portsmouth FC's situation has been implemented in the game so far.

Media Prediction 24th, fair enough. Odds, 6-1 3rd favourite for the title.

Placing job adverts the only staff responding to them are those that have jobs already, whats the point if I can't sign them.....

In ever other save job adverts are flooded with responses from random newgen staff, why not now when I actually need them?

I'm pretty unimpressed with how Portsmouth FC's situation has been implemented in the game so far.

Media Prediction 24th, fair enough. Odds, 6-1 3rd favourite for the title.

Placing job adverts the only staff responding to them are those that have jobs already, whats the point if I can't sign them.....

In ever other save job adverts are flooded with responses from random newgen staff, why not now when I actually need them?

You cannot sign any staff or players due to the club being in administration. Agree with you with the ridiculous odds though. We were priced @ 7/1 3rd favorites! :eek:

What have your results been like so far?

hi.the exact same thing has happened to me.taken over by paoplo odone and all debts cleared but never came out of administration.cant sign anybody.i ploughed on regardless.eventually they brought me out of administration in march by which point all my senior players contracts had run out in feb and left!!was left playing literally my under 18s team.obviously i got relegated and then they had the cheek to sack me!!was gutted so tried starting again and the exact same thing has happened again!!

• 1 month later...

Hi this is happening to me. I started as Pompey got bought out but remained in Administration unable to sign anyone or loan in anyone. Is there a patch or update to fix this? Does SI have any contact info?

Sorry I'm new to all this forum stuff!!

Hmm, it might be worth looking in the Portsmouth FC Thread in the Good Player & Team Guide Forum and having a quick look to see when everyone else could sign players before the new update.

I mean just wow did anyone really need to even put this should have looked in the apropiate forum and do yourself a favour before asking for help

I mean just wow did anyone really need to even put this should have looked in the apropiate forum and do yourself a favour before asking for help

literally the next post is the op saying that's exactly what he did.

Good constructive comment though, well done!

Archived