Sports Interactive Community
The_Goalie

Old part of the game I miss

I remember when I played the original "Championship Manager" back in the days of the Amiga.

The part which I miss which has never re-appeared is when there is a managerial vacancy at a club, you could go in and see all the managers who had actually applied for it.

Could this be brought back in future versions?

Thanks

Surely in real life, you don't know your competitors for a job? Why should you in FM?

This.

Plus what difference does it really make. You get an idea of whose in the frame when a job becomes free as well.

Are their rumours from the press in the game? Odds would be be good (maybe only for the top jobs)?

Interestingly, this brings no to another bit missing - managerial interviews?

Potentially a terrible idea but... You could be asked about your focus titles/money/rebuilding. Or about your tactical approach (gung-ho, beautiful football etc.)

Are their rumours from the press in the game? Odds would be be good (maybe only for the top jobs)?

Interestingly' date=' this brings no to another bit missing - managerial interviews?

Potentially a terrible idea but... You could be asked about your focus titles/money/rebuilding. Or about your tactical approach (gung-ho, beautiful football etc.)[/quote']

This. I get grilled with more questions about a silly league game by the local press than by the person who's going to be paying my salary (at least until I get sacked). It's annoying if you start the game unemployed, apply for jobs/express interest in them, and then wait a year on holiday for someone to bestow the position upon you without any interaction/feedback from you.

Surely in real life, you don't know your competitors for a job? Why should you in FM?

because it's a game and it doesn't have to be ultra realistic? If I was the OP I'd simply pop in the old game and play that as the earlier versions are so much more fun. FMC is awesome but due to the way it mimicks real life in that all the chairman are trigger happy (so you never have a chance to grow a club), it makes it worthless to invest time in it really.