Official January Transfer Update 13.3 Feedback Thread

I'm at my third club in my current save, and at each one I've got messages on a regular basis on my fourth or fifth choice keeper's progress from my goalkeeping coach. I very rarely get messages about any other players, it seems kind of odd.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is going on with youth intakes??? I have only got 5 players this season,usually i was always given at least 15..is this a bug? if it is please fix it because the youth players are major part of my game..why is always something broken!

I also mentioned this earlier (post #340). SI peeps, if possible could we get a response on this (it's put my save on hiatus, as i don't want to play another full season for me to waste my time when/if it happens again...ie, is it a one-off or save-ending)

...lemme me know if you need me to upload mah save

-N

Have any changes been made to youth intake? Just had my first youth intake on the update and only got five players in season 2019/20. Had gotten 16 trialists in every season prior.

I'm in exactly the same position.

5 youth players in my intake with Ajax. Surely intake didn't need touched at all :/

Just in case there's something specific to leagues when it comes to youth intakes.

I'm playing as Tubize in the Belgian 2nd tier and have no problems with the youth intakes.

Just had a new youth intake in 2047 and had 16 youth players coming in.

About the same as i've always had.

2 stars reputation for the league.

Club's reputation is national.

My reputation is national.

Maybe Miles in his naff you tube vids for FM14 can mention it takes until the end of Feb to be the 'finished' article.

Where is Miles and his you tube anyway?? :(

Not even the finished article - more bugs in the game now than there had been at the start! I've had no real issues with the game until these final patches have come out.

Couple of times I've seen a goalkeeper pick the ball up when it has gone out of play - yet the game carries on with him throwing it out!

I go to the team individual training section, and some of the specific attribute areas (Marking) are completely missing from the drop downs, meaning when I put a player on those areas (through the change player focus area on their profile page) and go to the team ind. training section, it says they're not focusing on anything. Not sure whether it has an impact on the actual focus area, but that's not a positive sign. If need be, I'll provide a picture when I'm not quite so busy.

Has there been an increase in the number of torn hamstrings recently? I know there's always been too many in FM recently but I've had a ridiculous number since the new patch. Wondered if it was coincidence or not.

One player tore his hamstring in pre-season, returned in November - torn hamstring, returned in February - torn hamstring.

i've found this, had 4 players out last season with that, all witin a month of each other, and now have another one at the start of the next season

I don't know how it was before this update, but it seems in that in the German league the teams from Regional Division Bavaria and Regional Division Northeast never get promoted to the lowest playable level the Third Division. This includes RB Leipzig who have higher reputation than some Second Division sides. Surely this can't be right? 5 regional divisions and and only 3 clubs relegate from the 3rd division?

I don't know how it was before this update, but it seems in that in the German league the teams from Regional Division Bavaria and Regional Division Northeast never get promoted to the lowest playable level the Third Division. This includes RB Leipzig who have higher reputation than some Second Division sides. Surely this can't be right? 5 regional divisions and and only 3 clubs relegate from the 3rd division?

That's how the Regionalliga works. 5 winners of the regional leagues, plus the runner up of 1 of them (I think it's the league RB Leipzig are in) go to a playoff and the 3 winners of those matches get promoted.

That's how the Regionalliga works. 5 winners of the regional leagues, plus the runner up of 1 of them (I think it's the league RB Leipzig are in) go to a playoff and the 3 winners of those matches get promoted.

That is probably the way the Regionalliga works in real life. My point was that I have not seen clubs from Bavaria or Northeast regions being promoted in the game (perhaps I have not tried enough / progressed adequate number of seasons). In FM reputation is very important in deciding which clubs will be promoted from the non-playable leagues, and RB Leipzig, a club from the Northeast region, have a very high reputation. One could assume they would be frontrunners for an immediate promotion. As far as I have seen on my save, the 3 spots to be filled by promoted clubs in the German Third Division have every time gone to teams from the same 3 regional divisions (North, West and Southwest). Considering this, I was just floating a question whether the game is handling the promotions correctly.

My current save went all Pete Tong after running the update, so I decided to start again.

Ok, so I looked up Pete Tong and I still have no idea what happened to your save :confused:

This is not a feedback, but I don't know where to ask this, so I've decided to ask this in here.

I've updated to 13.3.2 version, but the full version number is 354439.

hMzehol.png

Here it says that it should be 354458.

Am I missing something?

Also is the 1339 the latest Match Engine version?

Ok, so I looked up Pete Tong and I still have no idea what happened to your save :confused:

At the risk of being Buzz Killington or the victim of sarcasm, the phrase "Pete Tong" is rhyming slang for "wrong". As in "It's all gone Pete Tong".

EDIT: Or indeed the victim of myself not scrolling to the final post of the topic saying exactly the above half an hour before I did...durr...

So....it has nothing to do with Pete Tong, the English DJ who works for BBC radio??

The answer was much simpler than I thought. I was reading this guy's bio to figure out why he was relevant to an FM save :rolleyes:

• Administrators
This is not a feedback, but I don't know where to ask this, so I've decided to ask this in here.

I've updated to 13.3.2 version, but the full version number is 354439.

Here it says that it should be 354458.

Am I missing something?

Also is the 1339 the latest Match Engine version?

My fault, the number was incorrect and yes 1339 is the latest and last match engine. Thanks.

The database for Holland still sucks.

Important players like Janmaat and Chadli have wrong contracts. Both have contracts till 2013. In real life till 2015 and 2014 respectively.

The CA/PA is a total mess! For example at Feyenoord Boëtius and Vilhena are underrated. Mokotjo has the same PA as Clasie ect. ect.

The youth rating of all countries including holland is way off. Managing a dutch club, you'll never have a good regen.

Most of the teams play with wrong formations.

I needed 660 database changes to make the dutch competition more realistic in the last database and i think i'll need about the same amount in this update. The eredivisie without the editor is unplayable.

Important players like Janmaat and Chadli have wrong contracts. Both have contracts till 2013. In real life till 2015 and 2014 respectively.

The CA/PA is a total mess! For example at Feyenoord Boëtius and Vilhena are underrated. Mokotjo has the same PA as Clasie ect. ect.

The youth rating of all countries including holland is way off. Managing a dutch club, you'll never have a good regen.

I needed 660 database changes to make the dutch competition more realistic in the last database and i think i'll need about the same amount in this update. The eredivisie without the editor is unplayable.

Your final sentence is a total nonsense.

Your first sentence could possibly be correct, but did you raise any of these data issues in the data issues forum? If you had done so then the researchers could have looked into them. If you provided proof of why they were wrong, they will surely have been fixed. With regard to PAs, such as Vilhena, they researchers have made their guess, and it is up to you to change it. I dont look at actual values, but based on his success in-game for me I can't see much wrong with his. If you want to make the researchers change it you will need to give detailed proof.

It is false you will never have a good regen from Holland, I have plenty.

It seems to me like a lot (but not all) of the changes you want are your opinion rather than fact. Lucky that they gave you an editor, so you can put your opinion in-game.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318140-Holland-%28Official%29-Data-Issues

Managing a dutch club, you'll never have a good regen.

This is simply not true, I had during my Feyenoord save a lot of amazing regens, world class. Most of them were sold for big money. But I agree that Dutch database needs some work.

• Administrators
I also mentioned this earlier (post #340). SI peeps, if possible could we get a response on this (it's put my save on hiatus, as i don't want to play another full season for me to waste my time when/if it happens again...ie, is it a one-off or save-ending)

-N

Will take a look, thanks.

• Administrators

-N

Hasn't reproduced looking in a save here, I had 16 players come through. If you can upload your save prior to the 'intake' I'll take a look. Upload your save game to our FTP and let us know the file name so we can take a look. FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/345403

Thanks.

Hasn't reproduced looking in a save here, I had 16 players come through. If you can upload your save prior to the 'intake' I'll take a look. Upload your save game to our FTP and let us know the file name so we can take a look. FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/345403

Thanks.

I just holidayed a German only save through and looked at an intake (2013), and it seemed most of the 'big teams' had good intakes, though some teams like Düsseldorf had very small intakes. And 9 2.Bundesliga teams had intakes of 6 or less.

But looking at those 'Youth Recruitment' they had 'fairly basic' or 'basic' youth recruitment, which I assume would explain the small intakes? It looked like all the bigger intakes had average or better youth recruitment

Why scrolling in training tabs has been disabled? I used to change intensity of individual players by simply scrolling, it was simple and very quick. Now it's more annoying and I have to do this four times in one season while playing in Russia because in pre-season I leave players on light individual training.

• Administrators
I just holidayed a German only save through and looked at an intake (2013), and it seemed most of the 'big teams' had good intakes, though some teams like Düsseldorf had very small intakes. And 9 2.Bundesliga teams had intakes of 6 or less.

But looking at those 'Youth Recruitment' they had 'fairly basic' or 'basic' youth recruitment, which I assume would explain the small intakes? It looked like all the bigger intakes had average or better youth recruitment

That would make sense yeah, the team I looked at had decent stats for those hence the large number of players - I'll raise it with the coding team and see what I can find out. Thanks for raising it, it's appreciated.

"Made players who have got too big for their club to more likely to ask to leave"

You're not kidding. November 2013 and a quick look at the transfer list shows, amongst other high profile players:

Falcao

Marek Hamsik

Jefferson Farfan

Lars Bender

Jefferson

Hatem Ben Arfa

Wilfred Bony

Fabricio Coloccini

Blaise Matuidi

Toby Alderweireld

Steven Taylor

Tim Krul

Just far too many so soon into season 1.

"Made players who have got too big for their club to more likely to ask to leave"

You're not kidding. November 2013 and a quick look at the transfer list shows, amongst other high profile players:

Falcao

Marek Hamsik

Jefferson Farfan

Lars Bender

Jefferson

Hatem Ben Arfa

Wilfred Bony

Fabricio Coloccini

Blaise Matuidi

Toby Alderweireld

Steven Taylor

Tim Krul

Just far too many so soon into season 1.

Whilst I can see the reason behind most of them, surely Steven Taylor isn't after a move to a bigger club? :confused:

So is it a bug that 2 of the German Regional Divisions do not work as feeder leagues to the Third Division, or is it something that has been for a reason or another left in the game on purpose?

The regional leagues operate a play-off to determine which 3 sides get promoted, the top 2 teams from the Bavarian league & the top team from the other 4 leagues are drawn into 3 head-to-head playoffs with the winners getting promoted.

Not sure what FM does if the 4th tier isn't activated.

The regional leagues operate a play-off to determine which 3 sides get promoted, the top 2 teams from the Bavarian league & the top team from the other 4 leagues are drawn into 3 head-to-head playoffs with the winners getting promoted.

Not sure what FM does if the 4th tier isn't activated.

Sure only 3 clubs will be promoted, but teams from all the groups are in the contest - just as you say. The German regional league system was changed for this season by expanding the number of groups from 3 to 5. I don't know if this has been ignored in what it comes to how the game determines which clubs will rise from the 4th tier, or if there is another problem. FM is not officially for sale in Germany.

I think unofficial German league expansions are available if one should want to have more functional 4th level.

That would make sense yeah, the team I looked at had decent stats for those hence the large number of players - I'll raise it with the coding team and see what I can find out. Thanks for raising it, it's appreciated.
So is it safe to assume that there is no intake bug? I'm waiting to start a long term save but I've seen at least five instances of people reporting this same issue.

Sure only 3 clubs will be promoted, but teams from all the groups are in the contest - just as you say. The German regional league system was changed for this season by expanding the number of groups from 3 to 5. I don't know if this has been ignored in what it comes to how the game determines which clubs will rise from the 4th tier, or if there is another problem. FM is not officially for sale in Germany.

I think unofficial German league expansions are available if one should want to have more functional 4th level.

FM does have the correct number of sub-divisions below 3.Liga, how many seasons did you run & do you think it was enough to get a far sample?

As I use one of the German lower league edits I'm not really in a position to fully comment on which clubs get promoted over a longer run & whether there is enough variation on what divisions they come from.

FM does have the correct number of sub-divisions below 3.Liga, how many seasons did you run & do you think it was enough to get a far sample?

As I use one of the German lower league edits I'm not really in a position to fully comment on which clubs get promoted over a longer run & whether there is enough variation on what divisions they come from.

I created a save for the purpose of seeing which clubs have good chance of promotion to the Third Division. I especially wanted to see if Goslarer SC could be promoted, as they have significantly higher reputation in the new 13.3.0 data than they had in 13.0.0 (there are many club reputation changes in the Regionalligas). I holidayd for a season, saved the game just before the season change date, and then reloaded the save for many many times to test the promotion lottery. Eventually Goslar were promoted, and I was pleased that it was possible. I had however noticed that clubs from the Bavarian and Northeastern divisions did not get promoted once. I created a new save with the smallest possible db, and went on holiday indefinitely. I returned from the holiday in 2030, and checked if any of the original Bavarian and Northeastern 4th tier teams had spent any time in higher divisions. They had not. I'm fairly certain that the clubs that are designated to those 2 Regionalligas are stuck there and can't be promoted.

Will upload my save in an hour or so when I get home. But in the meantime just wanted to point out, I had maxed out youth recruitment, junior coaching and facilities. Might be worth noting, I used FMRTE to bump up Chile's 'youth rating' (nationalism at it's finest ;) ) but have only ever played as Middlesbrough. Also (perhaps more importantly) through the first six or so seasons I added and removed lower level english leagues and French and German top leagues.

Archived