Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official January Transfer Update 13.3 Feedback Thread

My Steam hasn't updated to this patch (has always auto updated before), how do I apply it manually?

Update looks great but i have a massive problem Neil Brock, when trying to start my Editor i get messages popping up saying not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of ui- rendering mode xml and other stuff, what can i do to sort this as it crashes, ive try reinstalling but to no avial

Try this - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?version=pcmac&id=76

It was the same with latest DB.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/09/1362076199-fomen.jpg

Nice example, with a new game I just created : The value is clearly overrated. And I can't buy the player below 4M after long negotiation.

That's because they don't want to sell the player which is fair enough - what price are people actually moving for (not necessarily to your club).

My Steam hasn't updated to this patch (has always auto updated before), how do I apply it manually?

Don't do it ! Wait for a good version of this update...

I would have traded every fix here for a ball physics fix. That's not to say what's been dealt with here isn't important, but the lack of friction in the ME has been bugging me since the game was released.

Can you estimate how many time will take the correction of the bugs please ??

Will I have to download any other update ?

What bug are you encountering?

Impossible to load any of my saved games.

We're investigating this issue and when we have any further news we'll let you know. This is not affecting every user, only some so we're looking into it to figure out why. Thanks.

We're investigating this issue and when we have any further news we'll let you know. This is not affecting every user, only some so we're looking into it to figure out why. Thanks.

Thanks for your answer.

Anyway it's really not serious putting online an update with this kind of bugs...

No way for getting back to oldest version and can play ?

Are you sure you tweaked contracts?

Started a new game with Academica, 2 continuous after, Edinho's contract is set to expire in 6 months. He is currently on 1.300 p/w and he asks for 5.500 p/w as soon as the negotiation starts.

Helder Cabral, same thing, wants a rise from 1.000 to 3.200.

Thanks for your answer.

Anyway it's really not serious putting online an update with this kind of bugs...

No way for getting back to oldest version and can play ?

No you can't roll back versions. If you start a new game it'll load and save fine but as said, we're looking into it with utmost importance. Thanks.

Sorting is still broken for many stats (referee stats etc.), and the default 4-6-0 formation is still displayed as 4-4-2 in-game. Among other bugs.

I've reported some of those, but most of them were impossible to reproduce.

So I gotta wonder if my settings (or even system language or maybe Windows version) is messing up something. Since those bugs evidently don't affect everyone. Sigh. :/

No you can't roll back versions. If you start a new game it'll load and save fine but as said, we're looking into it with utmost importance. Thanks.

Buananotte will be in Grenada also?

Hi all. It has probably been answered somewhere that I can't find, so sorry for this, has the overtax issue in Italy been addressed? Really want to start a game there but as I had a previous save with Milan ruined by this issue I want to be sure before starting a new game. Many Thanks.

Just wanted to mention this here too -

Despite my reports several months ago in the Germany thread, Björn Jopek is still completely missing from the database. He's an important 2. Bundesliga player who has started many games this season.

And the Union Berlin kit colors have simply not been updated from their 2011/12 versions.

Really disappointing.

Sorting is still broken for many stats (referee stats etc.), and the default 4-6-0 formation is still displayed as 4-4-2 in-game. Among other bugs.

I've reported some of those, but most of them were impossible to reproduce.

So I gotta wonder if my settings (or even system language or something) are messing up something. Since those bugs evidently don't affect everyone. Sigh. :/

The formation issue is a long-term problem where there is no easy fix. They are displayed differently and it's something we will resolve, it's just not as easy a fix as it would appear.

With ones which were impossible to reproduce, it's also impossible for us to fix in those cases due to the nature of software coding I'm afraid.

Buananotte will be in Grenada also?

It's something which can be done easily by the editor. That will only be fixed if we release an updated database which is unlikely.

Hi all. It has probably been answered somewhere that I can't find, so sorry for this, has the overtax issue in Italy been addressed? Really want to start a game there but as I had a previous save with Milan ruined by this issue I want to be sure before starting a new game. Many Thanks.

Yeah, but you need to start a new game for it to take effect.

Well I can officially tell you I hate this update. Four clubs are now circling round my star striker, I prefared it when there was no interest! (-;

Are you sure you tweaked contracts?

Started a new game with Academica, 2 continuous after, Edinho's contract is set to expire in 6 months. He is currently on 1.300 p/w and he asks for 5.500 p/w as soon as the negotiation starts.

Helder Cabral, same thing, wants a rise from 1.000 to 3.200.

That's not too bad, I saw some players demand thirty times higher wages in the old version.

I also saw many promising youngsters retire because they weren't quite good enough for Premier, yet demanded such ridiculous wages that no lower league could've afforded them. Few months on the free transfer and they decide to retire...instead of lowering their demands (good job agents, well done!). Hopefully those are fixed.

Well I can officially tell you I hate this update. Four clubs are now circling round my star striker, I prefared it when there was no interest! (-;

Ha, glad/sad to hear it! :D

thx for the patch

to SI: because of the russian / ukrain competitions are getting stronger and stronger, why not wait till the end of their transfer period to release it, so you can include the transfers of spahic, kanu, pereyra, vukojevic, ...

it can't be that hard to make some last minute small additions and you still can release at the beginning of march.

anyway this is positive critism!

It's something which can be done easily by the editor. That will only be fixed if we release an updated database which is unlikely.

Is "verify and check the version to be sure there is no bug BEFORE putting it online" something which can be done easily for you ? :rolleyes:

I am so praying fixtures in the Icelandic League start to be re-arranged due to international fixtures if you have international players.

I'm not sure I could manage playing a bunch of greyed out players again :o

The ME seems to flow extremely better compared to any other version so far and I have yet to see the extreme stupidity from the players.

That being said, I still have a feeling of being overwhelmed by something that takes some part of the enjoyment away and doesn't allow me to settle in FM13 again. I think it's some bias from the previous horrendous experience of FM13 and I'm not sure whether I'll let go off it, thankfully, my pc can handle both FM13 and FM12 at the same time.

Regardless if I get to get into FM13 again though, I feel like this update is a solid ground to stand upon for FM14 and I'm optimistic and looking forward to it once again. I was seriously pessimistic about it, even with the previous update, but with this one you have made some considerable steps forward.

Ha, glad/sad to hear it! :D

Cheers, luckily I tied him down to a long term deal and removed his min release clause!

The ME seems to flow extremely better compared to any other version so far and I have yet to see the extreme stupidity from the players.

That being said, I still have a feeling of being overwhelmed by something that takes some part of the enjoyment away and doesn't allow me to settle in FM13 again. I think it's some bias from the previous horrendous experience of FM13 and I'm not sure whether I'll let go off it, thankfully, my pc can handle both FM13 and FM12 at the same time.

Regardless if I get to get into FM13 again though, I feel like this update is a solid ground to stand upon for FM14 and I'm optimistic and looking forward to it once again. I was seriously pessimistic about it, even with the previous update, but with this one you have made some considerable steps forward.

The match engine has changed as far as i'm aware.

Is "verify and check the version to be sure there is no bug BEFORE putting it online" something which can be done easily for you ? :rolleyes:

Before you post again please take the time to read this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/326330-The-current-state-of-the-forums-%E2%80%93-Feedback-Constructive-Criticism-and-Forum-Rules.

Thanks.

I know that Kieron Dyer is injury prone (to say the least!), but is his Middlesbrough contract in this new update correct?

Wages: £150 per week

Goal Bonus: £2,000

Appearance Fee: £60

What a bargain!

Cheers SI! Is starting a new game recommended or can we just continue our old ones without missing any new feature / fix?

You can continue your current game and any fixes will be updated, but you have to start a new game if you want the transfer updates to kick in. :)

I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here, but there's a player who plays for Nantes called Vincent Bessat. He's fairly average (he's got a PA of about 120) but has a value of £13million! I'm just wondering if this is intentional or what? cheers :)

I'm just grabbing the update now. I'm seeing reports of people being able to set proper photos for regens via XML (which wasn't in|working previously).

Is this one of the fixes that went in? That'd be really great if true.

Edit: Yup!

Big thanks and well done to SI for getting this patch out so promptly. The Russian transfer window closed yesterday. All the rumors were that the patch wouldn't be out till march but I had faith they would be on their game and get it out as soon as the Russian window closed. (I've been refreshing this forum every few hours!)

Well done and thanks. Haven't been impressed with FM13 but I am with your effort, SI. I feel hopeful that this is the patch which finally lets me get into it!

It was a serious question...

I can't understand how I can't have a checked and working final version in March when I bought this product in November.

seeing it is being looked at, but wanted to inform i'm also unable to load my old saves..

sad mister here.

going to start a new save for the moment but I miss my old

Can't believe i'm about to start a new game and can't buy Wellington Nem for 3.5M :)

I must say I am very happy with this patch. Sorted out the Non ME issues i have been raging about. Good job :)

What the hell happened to Vincent Bessat (FC Nantes) ? Valuated at 15M€, and I'm not alone to have this problem.

God knows he's a good player, but I'm not quite sure he deserves 15M€.

Edit : Another problem is Maxime Gonalons on the transfer list in the beginning of the game, whereas he's a key player (and captain) at Lyon.

My FM13 is still showing as version 13.0.0, any idea why? How can I manually update my game?

Tried exiting Steam and loading Steam up again?

Looks like wages are really fixed, at least in Argentina, the players are asking for normal wages :D

It was a serious question...

I can't understand how I can't have a checked and working final version in March when I bought this product in November.

We understand but you're making sweeping negative statements that simply aren't true. Please be aware that this is only affecting a small minority of users and saves and we are looking into the issue ass a matter of urgency. Please be patient while we try and determine the cause of the issue and why these saves are affected. In the meantime you will be able to start a new game without the issue. We will get back to you soon as we have some news. Thanks.

My FM13 is still showing as version 13.0.0, any idea why? How can I manually update my game?
How do you download the new update?

Try logging out and Steam and back in. Failing that, try this:

Verifying your game cache

Try logging out and Steam and back in. Failing that, try this:

Verifying your game cache

It was me being a little slow and not logging out of steam. sorry to have wasted your time.