Official January Transfer Update 13.3 Feedback Thread

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started save with Dortmund and on the 7th of July i was asked to decide the squad numbers for my U23 team. When I tried to respond, I was told that the team is not playing in a competition that requires numbering. Since they're playing in the 3rd tier I'm pretty sure they have to assign squad numbers, but anyway, couldn't continue until I went on holiday for a day. It's not that big of a problem, just wanted to say that there is something wrong.

There is an injury problem since this update, my players are getting injured every game.

Join the club. Tactical substitutions are a thing of the past. I'm scared to make one as I will inevitably need to replace players during the game due to injuries.

Does anyone else have the problem when giving the team talk at the end of the game that not every starting player is shown. It shows them at half-time and at the start but at full time my last player in the eleven I have to scroll down to see it is quite frustrating.
I too have noticed this, and it is included in the issue which I have reported here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/348609-Assistant-Manager-Advice-not-showing-properly-since-patch

It isn't the main subject of the bug report I made, but is included.

SI have noted it and locked the thread. Hopefully this means they will fix it, althoguh of course it should be noted that at certain resolutions there simply won't be room for all players. I'm hopeful of a fix though as it has only happened for me since the patch.

• SI Staff
I've started save with Dortmund and on the 7th of July i was asked to decide the squad numbers for my U23 team. When I tried to respond, I was told that the team is not playing in a competition that requires numbering. Since they're playing in the 3rd tier I'm pretty sure they have to assign squad numbers, but anyway, couldn't continue until I went on holiday for a day. It's not that big of a problem, just wanted to say that there is something wrong.

Thanks for the information, this is an issue that we are aware of and are looking into.

Going on holiday for a day is the work around that we are recommending at the moment.

The two bugs I have noticed so far were:

- The board diddn't allow a second goalkeeping coach even though there was only 1 hired. Also that little info screen showed that the club had 2 goalkeeping coaches hired not 1. Maybe somehow the game didn't realize that one coach was fired and still counted 2 of them in the club.

- Croatian side Hajduk Split has white background tab and the name of the club is also written in white so basically it's almost impossible to see it clearly. I can post a screenshot when I get home.

The two bugs I have noticed so far were:

- The board diddn't allow a second goalkeeping coach even though there was only 1 hired. Also that little info screen showed that the club had 2 goalkeeping coaches hired not 1. Maybe somehow the game didn't realize that one coach was fired and still counted 2 of them in the club.

- Croatian side Hajduk Split has white background tab and the name of the club is also written in white so basically it's almost impossible to see it clearly. I can post a screenshot when I get home.

Did you have a u18s gk coach? they count into the same equation.

I agree RE Hadjuk, bizarre decision

Go to "Staff" to see your list of staff, including u18s. It may be that u18s don't show up on training screen, but I don't know as I don't go there.

Did you have a u18s gk coach? they count into the same equation.

I agree RE Hadjuk, bizarre decision

I'll have to check. On the coaches training screen (where all the stars and their tasks are) there wasn't any other goalkeeping coach displayed except that 1. If u18 coach is supposed to be displayed there, then no, I didn't have him hired. But I'll double check that as well.

Some here, my first frendly game of the season i got two players injured, then the day after, two more. This is so unrealistic that im not sure if i should laugh or cry, get your stuff together Sports Interactive, or this will be the last FM game ill ever buy or even play.

Some here, my first frendly game of the season i got two players injured, then the day after, two more. This is so unrealistic that im not sure if i should laugh or cry, get your stuff together Sports Interactive, or this will be the last FM game ill ever buy or even play.

How can you play without buying :p

The number of injuries and knocks on this patch is trully scandalous. The even more scandalous thing is the fact that there is no intention to change it and justifying that by saying something like "it happens to some people, it doesnt happen to others, so we are not looking into it for this version". That is not cool at all, since the number of injuries that happen to "some people" as you call them is crazy, like for example in my previous game I used to get numerous players injured every game and that just ruined the game for me.

Maybe the injuries are triggered by something that certain people do, but I guarantee that something isn't anything realistic that would trigger injuries in real life, because I had almost all my options set to default and those injuries kept happening. So I don't know what I did, and I don't care, but obviously these things happen and there isn't a realistic explanation why.

If SI know the reason what is the trigger, even if it's bizzare like me not setting a throw-in taker, I would rather like them to say it loudly, admit the mistake and somehow make user experience better, then to make empty excuses.

There were no match engine changes in this latest patch, so the frequency of in-match injuries has not changed. If you believe you're unduly suffering from them then please raise the issue here, but remember there are an incredible amount of factors that contribute here so we'll need details of your tactical and training setup, a save game demonstrating a sustained period of apparent high levels of injury. Thanks.

There were no match engine changes in this latest patch, so the frequency of in-match injuries has not changed. If you believe you're unduly suffering from them then please raise the issue here, but remember there are an incredible amount of factors that contribute here so we'll need details of your tactical and training setup, a save game demonstrating a sustained period of apparent high levels of injury. Thanks.

I thought about the patch that changed ME, the one before 13.3, sorry but I didn't see a topic about that patch. I'll post it at bugs forum if it happens again in the new save I have started. I don't have a problem with supplying you with any info you need to solve the problem, but you said there will be no more ME changes for FM 2013, and I'm really not interested in being a beta tester for 2014 unless I get paid. Right now I'm only willing to help if you can make my current game experience more enjoyable, if that's possible- cool , if not- then you shouldn't silence any rants coming your way.

I thought about the patch that changed ME, the one before 13.3, sorry but I didn't see a topic about that patch. I'll post it at bugs forum if it happens again in the new save I have started. I don't have a problem with supplying you with any info you need to solve the problem, but you said there will be no more ME changes for FM 2013, and I'm really not interested in being a beta tester for 2014 unless I get paid. Right now I'm only willing to help if you can make my current game experience more enjoyable, if that's possible- cool , if not- then you shouldn't silence any rants coming your way.

On the contrary, if you aren't being constructive they have every right to delete it.

Stuart, i dont think there is a particular issue in the rates, but I do personally think there are issues in the modelling of injuries themselves.

I also think there needs to be more in match information about a suspected injury (for example if a player takes a knock, and its a suspected hamstring injury, you'd want to immediately remove him) It be good that kind of info come up when you get the bubble saying "Player X has picked up an injury"

yawn, how unproductive, this is for feedback, injuries happen, especially in early season when players arent 100% fit, not a game breaking bug.

I see SI still haven't fixed the nonsensical approach of AI teams with regard to players going out of contract.

I have a 31 year old Lucas Podolski at Freiburg but want rid of him. It is Jan 1st, he is going out of contract at the end of the season.

Offer him out for zero, Roma approach to sign him on end of contract.

This would only make sense in scenarios where the player will demand a much lower wage for the future season, or perhaps for young players to let them develop at current club.

There is absolutely NO way Roma would choose to wait till the summer to get him when offered him on a free now. The above plausible scenarios I gave would be appropriate in a small minority of cases. In FM clubs ALWAYS wait till the summer, its rubbish!

sortitoutsi!

Clubs may well prefer to wait until the summer as some of their players will be out of contract and off the wage bill before committing to a contract for a new player.
ok, agreed, i left that off my list of plausible scenarios. But don't we feel from discussion in other threads budgets dont work like that. In any case it shouldnt be the case that clubs always wait. Podolski will be a much worse player then than now

transfer fees are really putting me off this version. im in 2025 now and i want a regen right back from rapid vienna who is valued at 575k with 18 months left on his contract and they want 17.5m :confused: and a regen from southampton (in the championship) valued at 3.8m and they want 35m its absolute madness.

We cannot start in january as this breaks licensing rules i believe, so if you want the updated transfers it has to be done this way, same as they cannot make them future transfers to apply in january

IIRC, Lucas Moura was, in the old database right from the beginning listed as a "future transfer" for PSG, and will join FM-PSG in January 2013, just as he did in real life.

So why is this kind of thing not possible for all other players added in January? (Despite the fact maybe that it would basically pre-determine the whole winter transfer window, as suddenly a big shuffle takes place and players can't really do anything to stop ist...)

By the way, has there anything done against the bug that clubs who are, by league rules, not allowed to field 15-year-olds, pile up loan offer for 15 year olds? I don't mind loaning out my 15 year old wonderkid, but I want to be sure if the club states in the offer "Key player" that they can actually use him as a key player.

I've read the change list in 13.3 and found out that the probability of managers' being sacked has been increased. However, from my perspective, this probability is tuned too high. Teams such as Liverpool & Udinese fire their managers while they are keeping a decent league position, and in reality the boards of these clubs are very patient towards their managers. Things going like that, I subscribe the five main leagues and I witness manager's being fired every fortnight.

And there is also another problem. Many players including me have experienced such queer bug in 13.3.2 that in match, after you make a tactical change in the tactic interface and confirm it (then the game return to the "pitch" interface and you can have the game go on again), it is very likely that either of the sides will score. What's more, the side will score as soon as you click the "confirm" button in the tactic interface and go back to match, and you even can't spot the process of the goal. The game ironically tell you "it's a goal" and what you can only do is to analyse the replay... I've trouble by this bug times and again in just half a season.

I'm sorry that I'm not a native speaker in English so I may not express my experience effectively and efficiently. If you can't understand some of the details above I'll try my best to explain it. Look forward to following improvements.

Thank you.

• Administrators
I don't know if this is the right thread to post in but Emir Spahic are still in Sevilla in the new update even though he is on loan in Anzhi Makhachkala.

Happened too late to be included I'm afraid.

• Administrators
I see SI still haven't fixed the nonsensical approach of AI teams with regard to players going out of contract.

I have a 31 year old Lucas Podolski at Freiburg but want rid of him. It is Jan 1st, he is going out of contract at the end of the season.

Offer him out for zero, Roma approach to sign him on end of contract.

This would only make sense in scenarios where the player will demand a much lower wage for the future season, or perhaps for young players to let them develop at current club.

There is absolutely NO way Roma would choose to wait till the summer to get him when offered him on a free now. The above plausible scenarios I gave would be appropriate in a small minority of cases. In FM clubs ALWAYS wait till the summer, its rubbish!

sortitoutsi!

Have you raised this on the bugs forum?

Still a little concerned with contract demands for some players. Had a bid accepted for El Shaarawy. He demanded 170k p/w, 17k app fee, 7k goal fee, 6.5m loyalty bonus and a 6.5m agent fee. He's currently on 23.5k p/w with Milan.

I appreciate good players will demand higher wages but El Shaarawy isn't at the top of his game at all yet, and 170k p/w would make him the top earner by 50k p/w.

Have you raised this on the bugs forum?

Yes a few months ago, 26th November. I didn't upload saves at the time noting that it can be reproduced with any player whose contract is within the magic 6 month limit, which seemed to be accepted by whoever responded to the thread, as they said they could do it internally. I realise I should have loaded some anyway, but I really do think it is easily reproducible

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/332715-Clubs-turning-down-free-transfers-in-January-but-then-offering-contracts

With the Podolski example, I actually offered him out for 1.2 million just a day or two before and got two offers in, but DoF rejected them as I had accidentally left him set at 1.8 mil on unwanted list, but then when I offered him out for zero on Jan 1st they approached to sign him. I knew about the issue, but reduce my demand from 1.2 million to zero to test if it had been fixed. but no.

Is it just me or when in game and changing shout instructions or subbing a player the "making tactical changes" seems to take a little longer than before patch? Might be just me but thought I'd ask

Me too... And before I saw your words I thought there was something wrong with my computer =_=

• Administrators
Thanks for answer Neil, is there any chance that you will update the database so the transfer is included with Spahic?

No, I'm afraid there are no plans for any database updates. I'd suggest making the transfer yourself using the editor. If you need a hand in doing so, check out our Editors Hideaway forum.

Thanks.

Is it my poor assistant or is there an issue with an assistant taking training? When in the hands on my assistant the training is always left on attacking set pieces which is quite annoying that you can't really just leave him to it. Nothing ever changes, attacking set pieces all season long!!

The match engine seems a bit of a train wreck at the moment. Lots of illogical 'decisions' and actions. It says a lot when you can't even do short corners. The less said about the ball physics the better. The ball swerves fall too severely and far too late in it's movement. It traveled nearly the width of the pitch and then at the last moment changed direction until it is rolling the opposite direction to which it was kicked(?!?) stopping on the goal line so my defender has to kick it for a corner. Which of course they score from. In the 94th minute. Funny how it never works out for me that way.

Anyway, avoid unless you are a sadomasochist with a serious disregard for your time.

Just asked my assistant to look for loan players for a few positions

Anyway he comes back with a list of players and at the bottom i click 'scout players', however it has been over a week and i have had no reports...so i've had to scout them individually. Used this feature a lot in the past and it's worked fine, this is the first time i've tried since the patch. Just wondered if anyone else had this bug?

I was hoping to get the game in March with the final patch, but it seems there are still problems. Probably will have to skip this year and just wait for FM 2014.

The biggest mistake I see SI making is that they focus way too much on features, graphics and interface, instead of focusing on the core of the game. Maybe they figure it out for the next release

Its almost impossible to renew contracts because even the most expandable players from your squad will demand 200 to 500% wage rise'its ridiculous. Guys who are at the end od their careers will want 300 000 pound s per week even though they are no longer important. AI doesnt have this problem. Fail.

I also think there needs to be more in match information about a suspected injury (for example if a player takes a knock, and its a suspected hamstring injury, you'd want to immediately remove him) It be good that kind of info come up when you get the bubble saying "Player X has picked up an injury"

I think I read somewhere that the game doesn't calculate the type of injury until after the match. So it will immediately identify that the player has picked up a low/medium level injury, for example, and then after the game just randomly pick from a list. No idea how true it is, but if so it would explain why a player can play out the match, then he's out for 4-5 weeks with a hamstring.

I personally think the injury level is fine, but there are too many 'knocks' which don't end up injury, and their effects in terms of conditioning are far too severe. You commonly get a couple of players forced off and another knocked down to 50%, but none of them sustain an injury past that match.

the injury should be calculated on the spot IMO.

and i find the opposite, early season team got decimated by injury, then the odd one after that, but every match I played there was a sub-worthy injury, and lost 3 players to a 1 game international break, epsecially as these injures are affecting player stats.

getting rather fed up of this scenario

my team shoots on goal, wide by miles, saved by keeper

player runs into box, shoots tackled/blocked

last time I checked Neymar doesnt shoot like Nani

yet AI contanstly, get 1 or 2 shots on target, and score from one of them, player runs into the box shoots through 3 defenders to score, the better quality players should be scoring here, not the worse ones. getting to many narrow wins or draws because of this rediculous wayward shooting by my team, it wa snever a problem before the update, nothing should have changed, so why has it?.

Archived