Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
JimiJames

What is the best plug and play tactic for Blue Square N/S?

Basically anyone got any info on this, as have done ten years with Bromley and only managed 1 promotion and now i intend on starting again... but hopefully with an excellent tactic to fire me up the divisions.

Thanks Lads,

JimiJames

There are no plug-and-play tactics that are guaranteed to work in FM13, however one thing that is reiterated very often on these forums (and for very good reason) is that when managing in the lower leagues, keep it simple!

I'm sure that you could get really fancy tactics to work wherever, but that would require a lot of skill on your part. If you just want something functional that work well enough to gain promotion, just go for something simple. I've tried to use tactics that really requires some clever off the ball movement to be effective, and it just doesn't work. The players in lower leagues tend to lack in positioning and off the ball movement, so use something that uses/denies space naturally.

Now, when I started in the Blue Square North I went for a simple 4-4-2 (with two DMs instead of MCs), and just brought in some players on free transfers or loans to strengthen the squad where needed. Won promotion the first year with Oxford (which was expected to be relegated).

There are no plug-and-play tactics that are guaranteed to work in FM13, however one thing that is reiterated very often on these forums (and for very good reason) is that when managing in the lower leagues, keep it simple!

I'm sure that you could get really fancy tactics to work wherever, but that would require a lot of skill on your part. If you just want something functional that work well enough to gain promotion, just go for something simple. I've tried to use tactics that really requires some clever off the ball movement to be effective, and it just doesn't work. The players in lower leagues tend to lack in positioning and off the ball movement, so use something that uses/denies space naturally.

Now, when I started in the Blue Square North I went for a simple 4-4-2 (with two DMs instead of MCs), and just brought in some players on free transfers or loans to strengthen the squad where needed. Won promotion the first year with Oxford (which was expected to be relegated).

Thanks very much for the advice mate im gonna give that a go!!

4-4-2

GK

FB (s/d)

CD (d)

CD (d)

FB (s/d)

WM (s)

CM (s)

DLP (d)

W (a)

DLF (s)

AF (a)

Something along those lines. I keep it pretty simple. If you find a particulary good forward, though, I play the 4-1-4-1.

By basic do you mean setting pretty much everything to default, what tweaks are you making?? im still having no luck

Thanks guys!!

Read the forum rules which can be found at the top of the forum.