Biggest Impact You've Seen From Tycoon?

Last season I got a sugar daddy who ga e me transfers in the hundreds of millions. I was trying to develop through the youth system s it mostly sat there and it got annoying with the fans and the Board bemoaning the lack of transfer activity even though we were consistently winning trophies. Much happier this year as I got a consortium who paid off ALL the outstanding debt the club had and then basically just left me to it.

Tycoon took over Palestino in my Chile save (i'm managing Universidad de Chile)

Injected around £30m or so, looking at their club value, but they've spent it on average domestic Chilean players, purely because the League and Club rep are so small that money makes no difference :D

They're going nowhere 2 seasons later, despite spending over £15m, a lot of money in Chile!

Tycoon took over Palestino in my Chile save (i'm managing Universidad de Chile)

Injected around £30m or so, looking at their club value, but they've spent it on average domestic Chilean players, purely because the League and Club rep are so small that money makes no difference :D

They're going nowhere 2 seasons later, despite spending over £15m, a lot of money in Chile!

That is something SI needs to address... yes reputation must be an important thing, but money? money is more important than anything these days. Obviously Messi isn't going to play for Palestino but money should make more impact.

That is something SI needs to address... yes reputation must be an important thing, but money? money is more important than anything these days. Obviously Messi isn't going to play for Palestino but money should make more impact.

This. Money changes clubs from average to big in real life. Like whats happening in Asia

How much of an impact are you implying? Because even if a Chilean club does get a tycoon takeover it still wouldn't make a splash on the world market and I HIGHLY doubt players from the Brazil Serie A would jump to play in Chile. How many big name players in their prime moved to Suadi Arabia or Qatar where the money is rolling over there?

Be realistic mate, just because a club has money doesn't mean players want to play in a sh*t league.

How much of an impact are you implying? Because even if a Chilean club does get a tycoon takeover it still wouldn't make a splash on the world market and I HIGHLY doubt players from the Brazil Serie A would jump to play in Chile. How many big name players in their prime moved to Suadi Arabia or Qatar where the money is rolling over there?

Be realistic mate, just because a club has money doesn't mean players want to play in a sh*t league.

More impact than just buying average chilean players, quite simple. No stars, no Brazilians, but better players, hire better staff, develop their facilities, etc.

Brazilians for sure won't go to Chile (because the money they earn, because his league is the most reputed in america, and because they speak another language), but Argentinian, Paraguayan, Peruvian, Colombian players? Pay them a good wage and they will go walking to Chile :D

In 95% of cases, you're right, but it depends on the club. Several players felt happy to chase the Rangers pound when they were demoted to division 3. Sneijder and Drogba probably could have got better playing offers, but the lure of the Turkish league and its low tax rate probably contributed towards their decision to go to Galatasaray. Of course, I'm not comparing a major European league like the Super Lig to the Scottish Third Division, but they're both examples of players moving for the money.

Of course, in an ideal world, players would only move because their destination offered better playing prospects - not so with players like Scott Sinclair of course. Strange world football.

It's difficult to know how it should be pitched in FM though. Do we want it to be totally realistic? Then Man City and other rich clubs can and will hoover up talent until they're full to bursting. Good for anyone managing them, bad for anyone else. Or do we adopt a more pragmatic approach and make players "nicer" in FM, so that they will choose a club that will better value them, rather than how much they're paying them.

Mmy mate had a Tycoon taking over West Brom, I think it was the 3/4 season. They were spending about 80-100m a summer, signing every player he wanted to sign and then just leaving them sitting in the reserves on 100k a week. It wasn't as such the impact as in they won anything, it was the fact that the AI seemed determined to buy every single player for no apparent reason!

More impact than just buying average chilean players, quite simple. No stars, no Brazilians, but better players, hire better staff, develop their facilities, etc.

Brazilians for sure won't go to Chile (because the money they earn, because his league is the most reputed in america, and because they speak another language), but Argentinian, Paraguayan, Peruvian, Colombian players? Pay them a good wage and they will go walking to Chile :D

Agree with this totally.

The point of the Tycoon in FM is to bankroll the club to success, that's it plain and simple.

Unfortunately, the way the game goes about doing this has it's problems. I would expect Palestino in my game to be building facilities, improving their youth coaching and looking at building for the future.

All they seem to be doing is buying poor players within their reach, which won't get them anywhere in Chile, nevermind South America!

Archived