Something to implement - "There will be a MINIMUM of x amount of injury time"

Can this please for the love of god be sorted out? How has it not yet? In previous versions it has been poorly implemented, this years really takes the biscuit.

This isn't basketball, the whistle does not have to blown literally bang on the amount of time given (or in some cases, before!)

It frustrates the hell out of me. I have just played a Semi Final against Manchester Utd with Wolves. It is standard and a well thought out tactic to keep things tight and then in the last 10 minutes go for it, cant FM let me do this? No - why, because the result is the final 10 minutes being time wasted by the opposition, which is all good and well so long as this is added on (like it is irl) and particularly in the 4 mins injury time the whistle should STOP.

:

But then, to make things even worse, I find myself on the attack, 4 against 3 going into the final third with the clock at 93:55.. and I just knew what was coming. Yes, you have guessed, the final whistle. In effect there was only around 2 minutes of that injury time being in open play and to make matters worse the whistle goes when there is the best chance of a goal ALL GAME.

Im sorry but this simply has to be addressed. That is one of about a 100 examples I could throw at you.

Really disgruntled with this one aspect of this years FM.

• Administrators

Happens very often in real life. If a player is injured or a there is a substitution in injury time it's often added on. I've certainly seen a large number of games where keepers taking an age over goal kicks or throw-ins which take 20-30 seconds just simply don't get added on. If it was, most Stoke matches would have around 10 minutes added on.

I actually had the final whistle blow on me once just as my player was clean through running on to a through ball, just inside the box. I stared at the screen in disbelief for a couple of seconds. Luckily enough I won the match anyway. Otherwise I'd have been on here ranting about it. :D

The actual amount of time added seems fine to me though, just no need to blow on the exact second.

I think the OP is saying that too many games end precisely on the minute, if there's 4 minutes of injury time then the game ends exactly on 94:00, not 93:47 or 95:12.

Have to be honest & say that it's not something that I've noticed but then again it's not something I've given any attention either.

The amount of "open play" is immaterial. The is not Gridiron, the clock does not stop when the ball goes out of play. At the end of the day it is up to the ref to decide when to end the game. If 4 mins injury time have been indicated and no substitutions, injuries, goals or other significant stoppages have occurred that 4 minutes then he is entitled to blow up dead on 94 minutes. End of.

Again that's missing the point of the OP, the question is whether it happens too often? How many times does the ref blow the final whistle precisely on the minute irl?

Well go away and find some stats about how often the ref blows the final whistle precisely on the minute, then compare it with stats from FM, THEN come back here and say that there is an issue. Until you do that, there is nothing to discuss. Anecdotal evidence of ONE instance where the OP felt aggrieved about the game ending does not a bug make.

Happens very often in real life. If a player is injured or a there is a substitution in injury time it's often added on. I've certainly seen a large number of games where keepers taking an age over goal kicks or throw-ins which take 20-30 seconds just simply don't get added on. If it was, most Stoke matches would have around 10 minutes added on.

But when do you ever in real life see a team having the best chance of the game at goal and the whistle being blown, during the chance?

Well go away and find some stats about how often the ref blows the final whistle precisely on the minute, then compare it with stats from FM, THEN come back here and say that there is an issue. Until you do that, there is nothing to discuss. Anecdotal evidence of ONE instance where the OP felt aggrieved about the game ending does not a bug make.
No need to shout!! Even though it's about as minor as a minor issue can get I was planning on keeping an eye on the clock over the next few games that I play.

But when do you ever in real life see a team having the best chance of the game at goal and the whistle being blown, during the chance?

It does happen, but the ref catches hell for doing it. In a recent game, not sure which it was again, but think it was Real vs ManU, the players even got angry for not letting them take a corner.

My match that was being played just ended, 2 minutes of additional time indicated the game ended precisely on 92:00.

No injuries, goals or substitution so just a coincidence at this stage.

It does happen, but the ref catches hell for doing it. In a recent game, not sure which it was again, but think it was Real vs ManU, the players even got angry for not letting them take a corner.

Game was already into and past the extra time that was set and manchester united had already just had a chance, which was past the additional time that was set.

Many, many times over the years :) there are some very famous instances and the verdict has always been that the ref is correct (suicidal maybe :D but correct)

Many, many times over the years :) there are some very famous instances and the verdict has always been that the ref is correct (suicidal maybe :D but correct)

You are over exaggerating I think to be honest, very rarely does the referee blow the whistle on the dot at 92:00 or 94:00 or whatever additional time is given and very very rarely does so when a team is currently around or inside the oppositions box.

You are over exaggerating I think to be honest, very rarely does the referee blow the whistle on the dot at 92:00 or 94:00 or whatever additional time is given and very very rarely does so when a team is currently around or inside the oppositions box.

You obviously haven't been watching football as long as me :D

in most of the games i've seen the ref blows on the minute, or a second or 2 after. seeing a ref blow halfway through a minute is rare, and is usually due to a substitution, injury or booking in stoppage time.

I've had quite a few games in FM where the game over-runs the allocated extra time and these instances usually don't end exactly on the minute so I'd say its pretty realistic imo

I've had plenty of games which run over the alloted time - I remember being less than complimentary to the referee in most of those situations, as I was winninga t the time.

Since I saw this thread today I have noticed every game I have played ends exactly on the dot.

I was thinking to myself today about matches ending right on the minute. It seems every time my team is down a goal, and I'm advancing down the field, the whistle is blown right on the minute where as most real refs would allow the final play.

Archived