I Have Lionel Messi Crossed With Joey Barton - Advice Please

After years of waiting, I have finally managed on FM13 to discover and mold a truly world class superstar (my first ever - yay me!). This young man is a 24-year-old AMC in the role of AP. He has twice won World Player of the Year, and has just now wrestled the Ballon d'Or from Messi's vice like grip. That said, despite the twinkle toes he somehow manages to get booked in EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. very often inside the first 15 minutes. His tackling is 11, his aggression is 12, and his bravery is 6. I am constantly having to sub him off at about 75 minutes, terrified that he will clatter into somebody in the closing minutes and get a red. Is there anything I can do about this?

What are his instructions? Do you change anything manually? What are your team instructions? Check his individual instructions, I wouldn't mind betting he is set to tight marking. This could be causing him to be getting caught out and mistiming tackles.

Think Scholes...

• Administrators
Yes, he could have high Dirtiness, but it could also be the tackling and marking instructions. I can't imagine a world-class player having low Professionalism.

Ha, George Best, Ronaldo and Rivaldo all say hello. ;)

After years of waiting, I have finally managed on FM13 to discover and mold a truly world class superstar (my first ever - yay me!). This young man is a 24-year-old AMC in the role of AP. He has twice won World Player of the Year, and has just now wrestled the Ballon d'Or from Messi's vice like grip. That said, despite the twinkle toes he somehow manages to get booked in EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. very often inside the first 15 minutes. His tackling is 11, his aggression is 12, and his bravery is 6. I am constantly having to sub him off at about 75 minutes, terrified that he will clatter into somebody in the closing minutes and get a red. Is there anything I can do about this?

You've clearly never managed Joey Barton! That would be a saintly record!

Archived